Amazon Back-to-School Event: Up to 50% off Select Games

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

hows Prinny 2? i have the first one. didnt play it yet.

#32 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:36 AM

The Sly Collection is now 27.87 and is sold by someone other then amazon

#33 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:01 AM

The Sly Collection is now 27.87 and is sold by someone other then amazon

You can still buy it by adding it to your cart and then they will ship it when available.

DAII and Sly is very tempting, but I think I am going to have to pass for now.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:06 AM

I got DA2 at launch, and once I finished it I felt very satisfied and that I got my moneys worth out of it. I can certianly see all the complaints being viable in retrospect, and it definitely deterred me from doing a 2nd playthrough. I could see myself picking it up on the cheap in the future when I need an RPG fix though.

#35 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:39 AM

Picked up "Rock of the Dead" was interested enough in seeing what its like to pay $10.

You'll probably enjoy it for that price if you like rhythm input games. Neil Patrick Harris could have been funnier as the main character but it's not his fault with the material they gave him...

#36 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:43 AM

Ended up not getting Phoenix Wright from Amazon, since I just managed to snag a copy for $12.00 shipped on eBay.

#37 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

I bought DA2 a couple of months ago and am afraid to play it because everyone I know who has played it was disappointed.

i bought it 3 days ago (Friday) i feel dooped ($35)

the pc version has auto battle, console version does not. pressing x a lot is the only problem i have.
Posted Image

#38 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:17 AM

the move controllers its completely expensive and i dont find the "DEAL" there

#39 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

the move controllers its completely expensive and i dont find the "DEAL" there

Really? $34.xx is the lowest price I've seen it "new" outside a B2G1 or some other fluke promotion.

Explain to me how 30% off isn't a deal? For a long time these were being resold over MSRP.

#40 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

No mention of Combat of Giant Dinosaurs for $10? wow

#41 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:35 AM

Really? $34.xx is the lowest price I've seen it "new" outside a B2G1 or some other fluke promotion.

Explain to me how 30% off isn't a deal? For a long time these were being resold over MSRP.

That controller is fine, but the nav controller's price is a joke. Amazon lists the MSRP at $39.99 so they think they're discounting it by $10, but really the MSRP is $29.99 and it should be $19.99 right now

#42 Rychy

Rychy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

Holy crap! They have the first Phoenix Wright game!? Did Capcom rerelease it? It was impossible to find new for a while. I should get it, it's the only one I don't have ... I've played it though.

#43 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

Thinking about getting Pheonix Wright, but I am worried I am going to love it and then feel compelled to spend hundreds of dollars on the second and third game.

they are all 10 to 20 bucks each.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#44 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

Ok I missed this what games were up for penny orders?
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#45 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

Picked up "Rock of the Dead" was interested enough in seeing what its like to pay $10.

Same here, I know a guy on CAG was working on it as well so I figure for $10 it's worth a shot. :) Not expecting greatness, hopefully a nice diversion/change of pace in the rhythm game genre.

#46 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

That controller is fine, but the nav controller's price is a joke. Amazon lists the MSRP at $39.99 so they think they're discounting it by $10, but really the MSRP is $29.99 and it should be $19.99 right now

Yes I noticed that. MSRP has and should be $29.99 but I noticed that at some point last spring certain retailers had the MSRP at $34.99 (TRU comes to mind).

#47 dcswirl

dcswirl

You'll Never Walk Alone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

Lego Potter on sale except for the system I want it for :censored:

Currently playing

Too many to mention

#48 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:09 PM

Holy crap! They have the first Phoenix Wright game!? Did Capcom rerelease it? It was impossible to find new for a while. I should get it, it's the only one I don't have ... I've played it though.

Yeah they reprinted it earlier this year

#49 GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

I snagged Hunted. Its been in my GF queue for a bit now, so I jumped on it.

Good luck with rock of the dead. Horrible. dont bother using the guitar or drums. use a controller and spam buttons the whole time.
Posted Image

#50 iwannadie

iwannadie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

I had to jump on dragon age 2, I been putting it off for a long time. I finally got platinum for Origins and I want to keep playing dragon age. I still regret not grabbing the signature edition back when it was $29 though.
Posted Image

#51 randomthinker

randomthinker

Demonic Imperator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

Wish the nav controller was *actually* on sale... sigh.

Promote Infantile Spasms Awareness: Marissa's Bunny
Posted Image

#52 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:24 PM

Well I made the jump on ordering the god of war collection bundle last night. Thanks OP.

#53 LGscoundrel

LGscoundrel

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

Jumped at the DJ Hero Party bundle just to find out it was PS3 and wii only, ffffffff

#54 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:04 AM

Well I made the jump on ordering the god of war collection bundle last night. Thanks OP.

I really wish that it was GOW 3 instead of the Collection. Ive already got the collection.....
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#55 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

Just got 2 copies of Hunted The Demon's Forge to play online coop with a friend.
I hope this is like the Army of Two series... bad single player but great online coop campaign.
Posted Image

#56 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:11 AM

What was the Sly Cooper Collection on BF? Do you guys think I will be able to pick this up sub $19.99 BF and beyond this year?

#57 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

damn want front mission evolved, but want the 360 version. Thats still 37 bucks. why only the ps3 version for 15? Does it run a lot worse or something? whats the required HD install size?

yeesh fear 2 as well. 360 versions still 20 bucks, ps3 is 13. What gives with all the ps3 sales but limited 360 ones

#58 mindatlarge

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

The world just isn't the same after what happened yesterday. But yeah, those are pretty good deals for those who are willing to pay whole numbers for their games

I got cancellation notices for the two games I tried to pick up. It was worth a try but anyone seriously banking on that they will process those orders are clueless about how business works.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#59 tigstah

tigstah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

Grabbed Sly collection and Lego Rock Band. Nice prices.

not when i picked up sly for 7.50 at target on clearance.

#60 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

Picked up the Sly Collection and Dragon Age 2 for 360.
Been hunting down the Sly Collection for a while now and I can't find it anywhere on Clearance or even in store so for $19.99 I said why not.