God of War Collection, ModNation Racers, R&C $15, GOW3 $20 Best Buy

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Hey gang, first new thread.

Looked but didn't see this anywhere and if this is a repost please delete....

Best Buy has both the GOW Collection, Ratchet & Clank and Modnation Racers for $15 both in-store and via their website for Labor Day. Deal includes free ship.

Enjoy!
God of War Collection $14.99
ModNation Racers $14.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $14.99
LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition $19.99
God of War III $19.99
Infamous $19.99

The PS3 Blu Ray remote is also in sale for $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Good finds. Best Buy is bringing the deals this weekend. I already grabbed Child of Eden for $10 and Bulletstorm for $15. Do I need these on my backlog too? Hmmmm....

Better get in on them before Best Buy decides their prices are too good and raises them again. Thanks OP, but no thanks Best Buy. Go suck an egg BB.

Very weird.. every single store within 50 miles of me is out of stock of almost every one of these games.

[quote name='kmw_cid']Nice! I've been waffling on buying GoW Collection forever, but I'll grab it and Crack In Time.[/QUOTE]

same here, thanks OP.

Thats OP, picked up LBP GOTY. I got the free copy from the PS welcome back package, but I got LBP on my European account. I wasnt thinking when I did it, now I cant use any of the DLC I purchased (with my US account) with that version :dunce:. I had a $5 reward certificate so I got it for $15 and change.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Weird, no stores in San Diego, CA have ModNations Racers in-stock, guess i can do ship-to-store option.[/QUOTE]

It was already "ship to store" by oct 9 only in my area for all stores at 2 am last night. I think they might have pulled the stock from pick up availability so they have more in store of these games.

Ordered with the free shipping link instead, since that seems like the actual intent for that link.

I wasn't so hot on Modnation when playing the demo/beta, so I didn't have it yet. $15 was a good price for me to finally pull the trigger. (FYI, all of them at the Orange Park, FL, store were GH-stickered; no red boxes. Looked like all the GOW Collection were sold out.)

I don't understand what's the matter with the red cases... My GH games play just as well as my other non GH games. Hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WV Matsui']I dint understand what's the matter with the red cares... My GH games play just as well as my other non GH games. Hmmm[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't get it either. And I'm pretty anal about my game collection. The color of the case has never bothered me. Is it a gaming cred kinda deal? "I had it before it was coool" Well apparently not if you are complaining about not wanting to buy the red ones, haha.

Bought a Modnation for in-store pickup. I'll probably drive the hour to get it tomorrow, since I need to go pick up my $10 Child of Eden still.
I have been wanting Mario Kart Wii for a while, but since this is so cheap and I would be capable of having Spiderman and Venom and crazy characters as racers via people's custom stuff, I figured I would spring for it. My PS3 has been getting a lot of play recently between Arcana Heart 3 and Sengoku Basara, so why not?

I bought the Tiger Woods Move Bundle a few weeks ago from Amazon... I want to trade in the game because I had it on Xbox and didn't play it and I know I won't play it much on PS3. Just wanted the move bundle for $49...

Anyway, the game has the Not For Resale sticker on it...what has been everyone's experience in trying to trade those in at Best Buy?

I grabbed Modnation Racers for PS3 the day it came out and loved the gameplay but the loading times were so bad it was, to me, almost unplayable. I got rid of it way back when, but heard they patched it to fix the problems,...anyone have feedback on that? Did the patch resolve the problem? If so I would def. jump on this, thanks!!!!

I lucked out on this... I checked the website, and it said my local BB was "Ship to Store" on ModNation and R&C, but I was near there, so I stopped in anyway... Plenty of copies of R&C and 1 copy of ModNation. The cool part is that it's the original case version of ModNation (Not that a red case would have deterred me...) and it came with the Sackboy Mod & Car code... and it still worked, despite having expired in May! Thanks for the heads up on this, OP!

[quote name='naf']Have traded in 'not for resale' on a few occasions. Never had a problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Naf!

They did patch to address the load times, and while it may be better there is still noticeable. For me, it never was an issue to begin with and never detered the fun.

Point is, it's better but don't go expecting it to be gone....cause you may be disappointed.

[quote name='Kubby1974']I grabbed Modnation Racers for PS3 the day it came out and loved the gameplay but the loading times were so bad it was, to me, almost unplayable. I got rid of it way back when, but heard they patched it to fix the problems,...anyone have feedback on that? Did the patch resolve the problem? If so I would def. jump on this, thanks!!!![/QUOTE]

I checked my nearest BB for GOW Collection but they were sold out. I was kind of bummed that they had a sign up for the sale since it pretty much guaranteed that I would miss out. There's one other store that has it in stock (according to Google Shopping) but driving there and back would defeat the purpose of getting it on sale. I might just pick it up at Fry's since they have it on sale for $19.99.

[quote name='emg28']I checked my nearest BB for GOW Collection but they were sold out. I was kind of bummed that they had a sign up for the sale since it pretty much guaranteed that I would miss out. There's one other store that has it in stock (according to Google Shopping) but driving there and back would defeat the purpose of getting it on sale. I might just pick it up at Fry's since they have it on sale for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it for 19.99 right now. I Love god of war :)

[quote name='styl3s']Would jump on mod/GOW collection but they are GH red cases[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way so i took 2 preorder boxes for MW3 an RAGE for the ps3 an used them as the boxes no more red cases. Problem solved.

[quote name='aramsey1986']I feel the same way so i took 2 preorder boxes for MW3 an RAGE for the ps3 an used them as the boxes no more red cases. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

I just switch the cases at gamestop. I take the used sticker off, put it on my red case and keep the non red case while I put the red one on the shelf

[quote name='styl3s']Would jump on mod/GOW collection but they are GH red cases[/QUOTE]

There are sellers on Amazon.com who specifically say they are selling "Black Label" versions. All you have to do is pay more for the game, pay more for shipping, wait longer for it to arrive, and buy used instead of new.

just picked up modnation and ratchet & clank today. glad i went to BB when i did because they only had 1 copy left of ratchet and clank. and when i checked other stores online they were all sold out.

[quote name='Birbo']Is this good today only? Picking up Resistance 3 tomorrow so I'd rather just purchase it then.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know...

I hope it lasts all week, but my guess is that it was just this weekend.

bread's done
Back