God of War Collection, ModNation Racers, R&C $15, GOW3 $20 Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 BlueWingX

BlueWingX

Master of Trivia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

I lucked out on this... I checked the website, and it said my local BB was "Ship to Store" on ModNation and R&C, but I was near there, so I stopped in anyway... Plenty of copies of R&C and 1 copy of ModNation. The cool part is that it's the original case version of ModNation (Not that a red case would have deterred me...) and it came with the Sackboy Mod & Car code... and it still worked, despite having expired in May! Thanks for the heads up on this, OP!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mr. BlueWingX's Signature provided by onetrackmind

#32 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

Have traded in 'not for resale' on a few occasions. Never had a problem.

Thanks Naf!

#33 naf

naf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

They did patch to address the load times, and while it may be better there is still noticeable. For me, it never was an issue to begin with and never detered the fun.

Point is, it's better but don't go expecting it to be gone....cause you may be disappointed.

I grabbed Modnation Racers for PS3 the day it came out and loved the gameplay but the loading times were so bad it was, to me, almost unplayable. I got rid of it way back when, but heard they patched it to fix the problems,...anyone have feedback on that? Did the patch resolve the problem? If so I would def. jump on this, thanks!!!!

#34 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

I checked my nearest BB for GOW Collection but they were sold out. I was kind of bummed that they had a sign up for the sale since it pretty much guaranteed that I would miss out. There's one other store that has it in stock (according to Google Shopping) but driving there and back would defeat the purpose of getting it on sale. I might just pick it up at Fry's since they have it on sale for $19.99.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#35 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

I checked my nearest BB for GOW Collection but they were sold out. I was kind of bummed that they had a sign up for the sale since it pretty much guaranteed that I would miss out. There's one other store that has it in stock (according to Google Shopping) but driving there and back would defeat the purpose of getting it on sale. I might just pick it up at Fry's since they have it on sale for $19.99.

Amazon has it for 19.99 right now. I Love god of war :)
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#36 aramsey1986

aramsey1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

Would jump on mod/GOW collection but they are GH red cases

I feel the same way so i took 2 preorder boxes for MW3 an RAGE for the ps3 an used them as the boxes no more red cases. Problem solved.
Posted Image

#37 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

I feel the same way so i took 2 preorder boxes for MW3 an RAGE for the ps3 an used them as the boxes no more red cases. Problem solved.

I just switch the cases at gamestop. I take the used sticker off, put it on my red case and keep the non red case while I put the red one on the shelf
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#38 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

Would jump on mod/GOW collection but they are GH red cases

There are sellers on Amazon.com who specifically say they are selling "Black Label" versions. All you have to do is pay more for the game, pay more for shipping, wait longer for it to arrive, and buy used instead of new.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#39 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Just picked up my order from yesterday. ModNation in original case with sackboy and car! Nice!

#40 Amos333

Amos333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

Is the best buy free shipping link still active? If so can someone please post it for me, thanks in advance.

#41 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:34 PM

just picked up modnation and ratchet & clank today. glad i went to BB when i did because they only had 1 copy left of ratchet and clank. and when i checked other stores online they were all sold out.

#42 Birbo

Birbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:05 AM

Is this good today only? Picking up Resistance 3 tomorrow so I'd rather just purchase it then.

#43 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

Is this good today only? Picking up Resistance 3 tomorrow so I'd rather just purchase it then.

I honestly don't know...

I hope it lasts all week, but my guess is that it was just this weekend.