Out Now Borderlands 2

Don't care about the environments but I like that they are remixing the guns mechanic.

Does anyone else want customizable guns in this one?

Ordered 3 copies of this yesterday - 2 PS3 (me and a friend), and a copy for the 360 for myself.

Borderlands was one of those games that got so cheap after it came out that I bought it for everyone I knew hoping to find people to play with. I think I bought 8 copies of it for friends.

I just got around to playing the Clap Trap DLC last night. The Bioshock quote/parody cracked me up.

I've been playing the first one but it's not really interesting to me. Perhaps I need to put in more hours. All I'm doing is killing scally wags to get from A to B over and over again.

[quote name='camoor']Don't care about the environments but I like that they are remixing the guns mechanic.

Does anyone else want customizable guns in this one?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would love to have customizable guns. I liked the weapon mods, but it would be awesome to also have custom scopes, laser sights, and other stuff to use too.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I've been playing the first one but it's not really interesting to me. Perhaps I need to put in more hours. All I'm doing is killing scally wags to get from A to B over and over again.[/QUOTE]

The main appeal, to me at least, is the loot. So until you start finding some better guns here and there it might be kind of slow.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I've been playing the first one but it's not really interesting to me. Perhaps I need to put in more hours. All I'm doing is killing scally wags to get from A to B over and over again.[/QUOTE]

No that's pretty much it. The main complaint is that it starts to drag at the end, so if you don't like it at the beginning it's probably just not your type of game.

I don't know why but I got a thrill out of pumping an enemy full of lead and watching the numbers fly. The loot system was sweet but a little too erratic, way too much junk and very few really sweet guns, I would have proferred a more gradual and balanced weapon upgrade system.

oh man, maybe I should just give it up. Been forcing myself to play it in hopes that it gets more fun/challenging. And so many different guns, I have no idea how to manage them. Just throw them out? Can't sell em.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']oh man, maybe I should just give it up. Been forcing myself to play it in hopes that it gets more fun/challenging. And so many different guns, I have no idea how to manage them. Just throw them out? Can't sell em.[/QUOTE]

You can sell them at any vending machine. The inventory sorts them by most powerful to weakest from top to bottom plus the coloring system helps a lot in figuring out what is good and what isn't. I don't even look at guns that aren't purple, orange, or teal of course.

As far as there being a lot of junk, that's pretty much necessary in a loot game I think. The junk gear is what makes it awesome when you finally find something good.

Anyway, it's not for everyone. I'd say try to make it past Skagzilla. That's when I started to really get the hang of managing the gear and finding some better stuff.

hmmm. Thanks for the tips. I think I'll give it a few more hours. I've been in a gaming slump lately so that may be why I am so disinterested.

I didn't play the first borderlands but this one is going to be amazing. I hope the preorder deal gets better and they give that 5th character to everyone who preorders any copy otherwise i will wait till its half price but i am definately getting this game and probably gta5 and bioshock 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. 420']I didn't play the first borderlands but this one is amazing. I hope the preorder deal gets better and they give that 5th character to everyone who preorders any copy otherwise i will wait till its half price but i am definately getting this game and probably gta5 and bioshock 3.[/QUOTE]

It has auto-aim so you won't want to play it.

I always turn autoaim off because i am not 10 and disabled.
Wasn't aware that was discrimination, oh wait it wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. 420']I always turn autoaim off because i am not 10 and disabled.[/QUOTE]

Now you discriminate against children and disabled people. Any other ethnicity, age, or special group you would like to add to the list?

Maybe instead of hate you should spread a little love....somewhere I have heard that is better for the soul. Then again, based on your statements you may not have one. Back to the ignore list.

LOL failtroll got trolled.

Borderlands just needs to be slightly less random, there are awesome guns but the whole relying on spawning them just down right sucks. I hope this game solves that problem. That and the voice chat, absolutely atrocious.

I guess talking about a game makes you a troll. Nobody gives a rats ass what you thought of borderlands. The game is going to be very good so maybe you shouldn't buy it lol as you clearly are a tard and would be better off buying wii parade leader or kinnect star wars.

[quote name='Enuf']SE details & cover art added to OP[/QUOTE]

Wow, the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition does look amazing. Not sure if I'm willing to spend $150+ on it though.

33uvhfo.jpg

That loot chest looks like it would be worth it overall. Unfortunately the only thing I want in that would be the game & the bobble head & vending machine box. The loot chest is pretty sweet looking itself, but I'm worried it'll be cheap cardboard or something. And if that's the case, than nay.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Wow, the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition does look amazing. Not sure if I'm willing to spend $150+ on it though.

33uvhfo.jpg
[/QUOTE]this is CAG there will always be a way to knock down a price or just wait for these to be clearanced. If the Skyrim CE's can be had for $60 don't see why these won't either.

Does anyone know if Borderlands 2 will have PS Move support? I tried googling it but I couldn't find a definite answer - just people speculating it'll have it.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']first im hearing of move support. im getting it on xbox, but i loved playing imfamous 2 w/move. it was awesome[/QUOTE]

Yeah FPS games for me are infinitely better with the PS Move. It's the closest thing to mouse and keyboard as far as accuracy goes. I absolutely loved Killzone 3's Move controls followed By Resistance 3. I'm just hoping they added it for Borderlands 2.

i havent heard gearbox mention anything about the move in any interview theyve done about bl2.

on a side note, its so nice to see mr. 420 banned. about time.

Gearbox and Sony had a Twitter Q&A a while back where the only question they didn't answer was about Move support. :roll: Borderlands is one of the few console shooters I have no problems playing, but I have more fun and feel more immersed using a Sharpshooter, so their lack of any mention of Move is very disappointing.

I doubt they'll have it or patch it in later just because last I checked, no FPSes have Move support in splitscreen, even if they do in single-player. On rails shooters like Time Crisis and third person shooters like RE5 have no issues supporting multiple Move controllers, so there's not really a good excuse I can think of for why they don't.

Needs to be at the top. Not sure if I'll be on tomorrow night or Wednesday night....but I am up for some co-op. Mad - I'm looking at you.

Picking this up tonight : decided on Axton as had no interest in the others skill trees atleast currently. Anyone down? Should startin up around 1am should be up for 2 or 3 hrs then after midnight rest of the week.

just hit lvl 6 and finished up all of the side missions in the first area. All and all its really fun but like in the last one I can see getting burnt out quickly. The "Badass Rank" system is fantastic though and the fact that it carries over through all characters is pretty cool. 8/10 so far after my first 2hrs of playing.

^I'm just about where you are. I played for 2+ hours. I left the first area for a minute, but haven't finished all the quests (lvl7, badass10).

Really enjoying the game. The only thing that bothers me is the menu system is a bit difficult to read/navigate (particularly weapon management). I'm hoping this is just because it's new and different.

bread's done
Back