Photo
- - - - -

Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

• Please log in to reply
1680 replies to this topic

#31 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:12 AM

For only three days of access, Season ticket isn't worth it for me. A week, maybe, but not 3 days.

If we do have a human goalie, I formally demand that their character must be female, and must be named Julie Gaffney

#32 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

Here's another review: http://www.gamingexc...71/review.shtml

I like this part.

My one biggest gripe in NHL 11 is that I couldn't so much as poke a player without earning a penalty. It was incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to command a nudge or a shove versus a full-on hit. In addition, you couldn't check a player that hadn't actually touched the puck, even if it was between his skates. Playing defense in Be A Pro was infuriating! In NHL 12, the puck no longer seems to be "owned" by a player, instead often drifting away from the player's control if their stick is priming a slap shot for too long, of they're being too fancy with the deking. Whether because of referee AI tuning or better hitting assist, both of NHL 11's issues appear to have largely gone away, greatly improving the realism of defensive play.

#33 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

I checked earlier tonight and we were 108. So we dropped 20 spots in one day. We will have to play probably every few days to keep in the top 100.

#34 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

Sad day today for hockey :(

http://detnews.com/article/20110907/NATION/109070405/Ex-Red-Wing-assistant-coach%E2%80%99s-hockey-team-in-Russian-plane-crash--36-dead

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#35 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

^ crazy shit. I've thought a lot about sports teams and their constant flights and it's surprising that a whole NFL team or MLB team hasn't had something like this happen. Thank god they haven't, but it is pretty amazing.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#36 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

^ crazy shit. I've thought a lot about sports teams and their constant flights and it's surprising that a whole NFL team or MLB team hasn't had something like this happen. Thank god they haven't, but it is pretty amazing.

http://www.baseball-...ngels_Bus_Crash

#37 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

A bus crash, heh. No deaths that I read from that article how ever.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#38 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

A bus crash, heh. No deaths that I read from that article how ever.

Nope thankfully, just pointing out that there have been accidents involving Major League teams before. And no, the Orioles don't count as an accident.

#39 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

Anybody playing tonight? I'll probably be on around 10 PM EST. We're down to 117. It's crazy how fast you drop when you pretty much have nowhere to go but down. It aint easy being on top.

(Since Alan requested it the other night)

#40 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:31 AM

I'll be on tomorrow night. It's strange that all the movement is all down, and none up.

#41 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:55 AM

I'll be on tomorrow night. It's strange that all the movement is all down, and none up.

Yeah, well you gotta figure, the only time we move up is when a team ahead of us loses. And considering one of the top teams was sporting a 65-0 record, I can only imagine the amount of douchebaggery going on there.

#42 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:53 AM

I'll give it a go, but if my xbox overheats again, I'll have to stop

#43 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

Finally got a chance to read through the link Rob posted and I gotta say, I really like this review! Guy seems to really know his stuff, versus most reviewers that are like "YOU CAN BE WAYNE GRETZKY!!!!!"

I feel like there are so many things about the changes that will benefit our team (barring EA doesn't just magically "undo" them with a tuner update). The fact that any incidental contact now will affect both skaters (and not just huge ass checks) should make all of us better defenders. I know I have way too many times where I'll just glance off a guy and he'll keep skating like nothing happened. Just that and the "not a magnet" puck should drastically change the way people play online.

It also confirms that when you play other people's teams in the Ultimate Team 24/7 mode, it doesn't count against their player contracts, even though they still earn pucks for those games. So, basically, we could all help each other out playing against each other's teams in single player, and all earn pucks for it. That's pretty awesome. I can't wait till Tuesday!

Edited by n8rockerasu, 08 September 2011 - 11:40 PM.

#44 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

^Yeah that's a great feature although I usually play online only on HUT.

Probably would make more sense this year though to play against all of our teams instead? Some HUT players play like total dicks.

#45 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

AI is even worse this year in EASHL from a question thread I read on the ea sports forum. Maybe one of yall can dig it up. The one thing I read that I liked was the new equipment. I hope the M11 helmet made the cut. Just recently bought it and I love it.

Vulcan7905.png

#46 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

AI is even worse this year in EASHL from a question thread I read on the ea sports forum. Maybe one of yall can dig it up. The one thing I read that I liked was the new equipment. I hope the M11 helmet made the cut. Just recently bought it and I love it.

That just wouldn't make any sense unless they started from last year's build for each game mode. I would think that at launch, every mode would be tuned the same. It was only after all the patches and tuner sets that Play Now, BAP, Online Ranked, and EASHL became so different. There's no need for them to play differently out of the box.

#47 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:15 AM

Not to be a total novice, but what does HUT entail? I know what it stands for, but that's about it, haha.

#48 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

It's basically creating a fantasy team based on trading cards that you earn/unlock by playing games. You get pucks (ie. in game currency) for each game, and you use those to buy packs of cards or to buy players from other teams in an auction. Your players are only eligible to play a certain number of games and you have to manage their contracts with contract cards and groom younger players with skill cards.

#49 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

That just wouldn't make any sense unless they started from last year's build for each game mode. I would think that at launch, every mode would be tuned the same. It was only after all the patches and tuner sets that Play Now, BAP, Online Ranked, and EASHL became so different. There's no need for them to play differently out of the box.

That's what you would think but here it is. Just do a quick F3 and search "how the ai works" of course without the quotes.

http://forum.ea.com/...st/7507779.page

Vulcan7905.png

#50 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

That's what you would think but here it is. Just do a quick F3 and search "how the ai works" of course without the quotes.

http://forum.ea.com/...st/7507779.page

Yeah, I see this quote:

How the AI works, is it better in the retail version than in the demo? They are horrible. I played with humans better than the AI. Its really bad.

I don't really know how to take that though. He played with humans better than the AI? Well duh...humans were always better than the AI. I just don't know if he means that he was more impressed with human defensive play than he was with AI defensive play. Or that the human players he played with could still rape the AI. I'll have to see for myself. Based on reviews and what we've seen in the demo, it would just be retarded for EA to undo all that progress with the EASHL. I'm just not willing to believe that yet.

Another question he answered that I liked though is that the Disney era Mighty Ducks jerseys are supposedly in the game. That's pretty awesome, and I'm sure we'll see a lot of them online. Now all those Adam Banks' and Charlie Conway's we run into will at least look right.

I also like this question:

Do you fall all by yourself in possesion of the puck like in NHL 11' on a EASHL Game? Yes.

Yeah, it's called being a shitty skater. NEEDS MOAR AGILITY, lol.

Annnnd...just as I expected, lol

Oh and one last thing. So I know there are girls now in the game.... but I havent seen that they are confirmed to play in OTP or EASHL? Can anyone confirm that. Yes, there are a blond and a brunette to choose from, half of the people playing are now girls.

#51 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:43 AM

the girl thing is insanely annoying. They should make a girl build for Call of Duty, not for NHL. I don't know one female that plays this game.

#52 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:57 AM

I'm back, obviously.

Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

#37 l Matt Young l X Matt Young X l Matt Young l LD, but I'll try any spot

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#53 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

the girl thing is insanely annoying. They should make a girl build for Call of Duty, not for NHL. I don't know one female that plays this game.

Out of the 4 females that I play with and the 16 I play against in the novice league, at least half of them will be excited to hear this when I tell them this Saturday since they love the NHL series.

Vulcan7905.png

#54 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

^I play with a good amount of women too and none of them have ever talked about playing it. But if they are out there, cool. I've just never encountered anyone even online in a drop-in that was female, that I could tell.

#55 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

I see amazon lowered the credit to $10. You guys that ordered at $20 still get the $20 or the $10?

Vulcan7905.png

#56 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

I'm back, obviously.

I hope to see you playing the game a lot this year, Matt. It's going to be hard for anybody to keep up who doesn't play often. I don't want to say we've passed anybody by, but we're just in a much different place than we were a year ago. Hell, we're ranked 94th in Elite right now (and would be higher if our fucking 8-2 win from last night would have counted). That's light years away from how the team used to play.

^I play with a good amount of women too and none of them have ever talked about playing it. But if they are out there, cool. I've just never encountered anyone even online in a drop-in that was female, that I could tell.

With all the rampant racism, sexual bigotry, and general hatred that people spew into their headsets over Live, how many females do you think would actually talk during drop in games? I'm not saying there are a lot of female players. I would just never expect them to talk either.

I see amazon lowered the credit to $10. You guys that ordered at $20 still get the $20 or the $10?

$20. They do that a lot. That's why you gotta get in while the gettin's good!

Edited by n8rockerasu, 09 September 2011 - 08:56 PM.

#57 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

Did the video get erased? Can't find it on YouTube and the link says can't find the movie

#58 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

Did the video get erased? Can't find it on YouTube and the link says can't find the movie

I have it unlisted on Youtube. It's working fine in the OP for me. Just clicked play and it started no problem. Maybe Youtube was having server problems when you tried?

#59 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

^probably works for me now

#60 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

Just going through the forum, hipchecks are over rated and now stick lifts work on the 8th try and poke checks are ineffective. Great step forward EA, bravo.

Vulcan7905.png