Photo
- - - - -

Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

• Please log in to reply
1680 replies to this topic

#571 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Maybe 3?

#572 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Love all the former Flyers teaming up in LA. The Kings are fast becoming my favorite Western team.

*Likes*

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#573 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

I want to see his prison picture.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#574 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

The term "prison picture" in place of "mug shot" sounds a lot more nice and enjoyable.

#575 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

*Likes*

I said that just for you, Matt ;)

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#576 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

http://engrishfunny....in-oz-cans2.jpg

Couldn't help my self!

Of course, this is how they maintain the bearclaw!

http://engrishfunny....e-products2.jpg

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#577 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

Not sure if anybody plans on playing tonight, but I should be on in the next 30 minutes or so.

#578 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

After the hockey night we had on Friday, I've gotta say (which I feel like we've been over this before), without 5 guys playing the skater positions, OTP is barely worth playing. You're just rolling the dice every single game. This game has to have the worst AI in any sports game ever. It's not even close.

I will say though, our own defense has gotten a bit lazy too. We're drifting out of our zones, and leaving guys open for big shots. Obviously, we all know how to play. Just a matter of staying disciplined and letting your teammates make stops too. I know we try to cover for the AI sometimes, but we still need to make sure we can get back to "our spot" in time so it doesn't end with the same result anyway. Probably not much of a point to make since we don't play near as often as we used to. Just something that seemed to be hurting us lately.

#579 JPLS

JPLS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Has the CAG EASHL team won any cups?

#580 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

I haven't been on Fridays, was on vacation for 2 of them and was out this Friday. I'll be on this Friday in all likelihood.

#581 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Has the CAG EASHL team won any cups?

Look at the OP.

As far as Friday, it was pretty rough. I know a few goals were my bad, especially towards the end where I started to fall asleep (which D is like the worst position to play tired >_<).

I just wasn't really "acclimated" to the game anymore. For example, I kept going for hits which wouldn't level a guy in OTP, but would in any other game mode, etc. Basically, I kinda forgot how to play by OTP "rules" since it's been so long...I think the last time I even played OTP with you guys was when the Vs league started.

#582 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

It's hard when your tired, kids, jobs, hockey, and wives. Don't take it as me dogging on anybody but I play with my team mates a lot on BF3 now. It will take time to get everybody back together. I think we got burned out early IMHO.

Vulcan7905.png

#583 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'm still fresh as a motherfucking daisy! ;)

#584 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

#585 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Are we going to try to make a playoff run this month? I wasn't sure since we skipped it last month.

#586 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Are we going to try to make a playoff run this month? I wasn't sure since we skipped it last month.

If you can't get 5 I'll definitely play

#587 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

I can play friday at the earliest.

#588 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

If you can't get 5 I'll definitely play

Same.

#589 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

I can play friday at the earliest.

Friday as well, won't be around all weekend because of tournaments and practices.

Vulcan7905.png

#590 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

Not really sure about my schedule, but if Im on im down to play.

#591 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Friday is fine for me.

#592 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

Friday is fine for me.

I'll be on Friday if there is room for me.. If not that's cool.

#593 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

Friday works for me.

#594 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

For anyone wondering, the CAG team fell short in its playoff run last night, losing 2-1 in the championship game, snapping our 15 playoff game winning streak. Up to that point, we had dominated. Rob scored something like 13 goals. But in the last game, we took some bad penalties, our passing wasn't too good, and we gave the puck away a lot. They outshot us 22-12, so losing 2-1 isn't really that hard to believe. Tough one to lose, but we didn't really deserve it.

#595 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Given the hour and the hijinks that ensued, we probably should have stopped at 3 and resumed tonight for the final one.

#596 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Given the hour and the hijinks that ensued, we probably should have stopped at 3 and resumed tonight for the final one.

Yeah, you're probably right. Though, to be fair, what we pulled on that team was almost as good as winning a banner, haha.

For those who weren't there, while we were looking for a team for our final playoff game...in the Amateur playoffs, we got matched up with the #35 overall team, whose name was "Just Quit Brah". So, before the puck dropped, we did. Immediately, the hate messages begin. Brandon gets a message that says "scrubs". We look for another matchup, and end up getting them again.

Sensing that we could have some fun with them, I told everyone to ready up so we could just quit before the game started again. So, we did. Next, I get a voice message asking "After quitting on us the first time, why would you ready up the second time, just to quit on us again?" We again look for a matchup, and AGAIN, get this same team. This time, they all back out pretty quickly. Brandon suggests that I send that guy a message like the one he got that just says "scrubs". So, I did, lol.

Now, this is where we went for the kill. We're all hoping we get matched up with them one last time, and that the "scrubs" message will be enough to get them to think that we actually want to play them. We search for a match...and yes, we get them again. We ready up. They reluctantly all ready up. The game loads...and we pause and quit again, lol. I really expected more messages after that, but never got any. My next response was going to be "WE R SCREWING WITH U BRAH". We also joked about "We didn't know it was your team name. We thought the game was having an error and telling us we needed to quit", hahaha. It was pretty damn hilarious though.

#597 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Haha, nice!

Sad to not see a banner, but screwing with people is always just as good

#598 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

I'll be on tonight after the rangers game if anyone wants to kick off the April season.

#599 Magicking610

Magicking610

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hey guys, it's been a while. Is there any way I could come back to the lineup as a backup? I know I'm not good enough to even hold a light to you guys, but I'm more than willing to try. I've been working on my passing and I'll be the first to admit that it isn't great, but it is better than it was a year ago, same with my defense and my attitude. Is there anything else I had to improve on? Also, late congrats on that huge winning streak!
Posted Image

#600 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

https://encrypted-tb...smjMP0r02f4mswe

Just going to give it to you straight. I don't have nearly as much time to play as I used to. This also means I don't have time for stupid drama, arguing, or trying to teach people how to play hockey properly. When I get to play now, I just want to have a good time. In general, for that to happen, I need to not be annoyed, and we need to not be getting our asses kicked...or be losing games because we play right and our opponents decide to glitch to win the game.

Regardless of personality quirks or anything, I don't really enjoy playing with ANYBODY who doesn't play the game right. If your passing sucks/your defense sucks/you take bad penalties/you turn the puck over/you puck chase and end up on the opposite side of the ice from where you should be, you're going to cause us to lose...and therefore will be wasting our time. Obviously, this isn't to say that people need to be perfect. Hell, I even "pulled a Matt Young" last night. It happens. But I (and I'm sure most of the other "playoff roster" guys) don't have the patience to be constantly reminding people of how to play, or what they should be doing, or where they should be on the ice.

As I said, I haven't been able to play as much, but what I have noticed lately is far less "coaching" than before. We don't really bother to correct people as much because 1. at this point, everybody should know what they're doing. And 2. if it's a matter of staying disciplined, having to remind you every 30 seconds is exhausting. So, what happens is when people play like that it ends up being a short night, because it's frustrating watching people do the wrong thing for more than 2-3 games. And then, eventually, those people start getting avoided because it's just not worth the energy.

So, having said all that, should you come back? I don't see the point. If ANYTHING could cause any "outsider" to become valuable it would be playing an absolutely SICK defenseman position. We don't need any more forwards. If myself, Brandon, and Rob are on, it makes zero sense for any of us to drop back to defenseman, so somebody else can play wing who's not as good at scoring. If you can score and pass just as well, that's different (but I'm pretty sure we're all shooting 15% or higher). But it just doesn't make sense to hurt our chances at winning so one person can have their way. However, we very rarely have two defenseman on at the same time. Sometimes we don't even have one.

Until Gary rescued us last night, it was a great example. We had 3 forwards, and any time we ran into a team that felt like being douches, they were successful. That's why when you messaged me asking "do you need another player", I responded "yes". It had nothing to do with you specifically. We need good human defensemen who can prevent us from getting raped by glitch shots. Period. I hope I'm not on my own in saying this, but I feel like ANYBODY who wants more playing time, learn how to play defenseman.

https://encrypted-tb...MmKQHwcBB1h6qfA