Photo
- - - - -

Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

• Please log in to reply
1680 replies to this topic

#1201 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

I'll be around after the fights too.

#1202 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Thought I'd pass this along, for anyone interested.

http://www.ootpdevel...ering-beta.html

#1203 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Ugh, stupid no drop list. Can't get rid of my two worst goalies. Jimmy Howard literally has a worse save percentage then most Nhl 13 goalies

#1204 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Thought I'd pass this along, for anyone interested.

http://www.ootpdevel...ering-beta.html

This is from the makers of Outside the Park Baseball, FYI.

#1205 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Geez...I guess the Predators thought they were playing NHL 13 tonight. They got outshot by the Kings 32-14 and won 3-0. At least Quick sucked enough that it wasn't a 1-0 win...but damn. Ride Rinne a little harder, lol.

#1206 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

a hockeys tonite? yes?

#1207 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

yis sah

#1208 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yeah I wish. Not this week though. New baby and all.

#1209 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

In Rob's honor. Anyone going to be around tonight? I'll be on in about 10 minutes. Just grabbing a quick bite to eat...no, not a sandwich.

#1210 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Not sure if anyone was ever able to use my rosters...or has plans for doing a season in NHL 12, but I found some good sliders on Operation Sports (I can view the forums, Gary...I just can't post in them, lol). I used All-Star difficulty because I've already seen what Superstar does, haha.

http://www.operation...ther-modes.html

I only tried them out for one game, but these were the results.
Spoiler

I actually played the 11 minute periods as suggested...which makes for about a 45 minute game (which is really about the same as a game of Madden...but of course you could do less), but it actually felt like a real hockey game. There were pretty obvious swings in momentum. Anaheim dominated me in the 1st period, outshooting me 12-8, and scoring on a power play. I came roaring back in the 2nd, outshooting them 13-4 and tying the game up on a penalty shot. I took the lead a few minutes later and just kept control the rest of the game.

There might be a couple things I would tweak. Faceoffs seemed too hard, and the CPU just kept wanting to tie up every time. Passing was also pretty tough, but I left the "hardcore" setting on. Switching to "normal" might make for a less sloppy game. Otherwise, this made for a really good, challenging game of hockey. I definitely felt like if I didn't play solid defense, they would have scored all over me. It's bewildering playing a game like this and then knowing that NHL 13 is out there being a complete piece of crap. Try the sliders out if you want to see what could have been, haha.

#1211 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I didn't download the rosters since I really don't even touch 12 other than for OTP. If there is interest in a season, ill be down for playing and download it and installing.

#1212 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

I didn't download the rosters since I really don't even touch 12 other than for OTP. If there is interest in a season, ill be down for playing and download it and installing.

Well, I meant "season" like offline Be a GM or whatever. Unfortunately, custom rosters can't be used for online leagues (or custom sliders for that matter). If EA plans on making any improvements at all for NHL 14, it would be nice if they'd do that. Custom sliders would at least allow people to change how the game plays a little bit. It's nice to be able to tune one timer accuracy, pass interception rate, etc. Just let people have the kind of league they want.

#1213 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Oh... I give EA the benefit of the doubt and I get burned again, great. As for slider, I could have sworn that was an option in the past

#1214 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

Oh... I give EA the benefit of the doubt and I get burned again, great. As for slider, I could have sworn that was an option in the past

It probably was. You know how they like to remove features so they can be added back as "Brand New to NHL __!!!" Maybe custom sliders in online leagues will be on the back of next year's box.

Wow...a really stupid thing I just (re)discovered is that even for offline Be A GM or Season mode, it doesn't seem like you can choose season length. So, even in NHL 12, you had to play 82 game seasons offline. I don't know if I ever knew that or just didn't notice last year. It's crazy how restrictive EA is with such simple things.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 12 February 2013 - 02:34 AM.

#1215 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

My 2nd game with these sliders was pretty solid too. I figured out that I had the faceoffs turned up too high before (the increments keep changing back and forth in that section). They were much easier in this game. Rinne was giving up some easy goals though. I was down 2-0 in the 2nd...but rallied to tie it up. Detroit scored 2 more in the 3rd, and I thought it was over.

Then with like 6 minutes left, I got a big swing in momentum and tied it at 4. I almost won it with a wide open shot in the slot with under a minute left, but hit the post. Ended up losing in OT on a backhander that Rinne tried to glove and ended up knocking off his own body and in. I'd call it a "crappy game" by Rinne, but the stats still look reasonably impressive. Those sliders are pretty awesome though.

Spoiler

#1216 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

My 2nd game with these sliders was pretty solid too. I figured out that I had the faceoffs turned up too high before (the increments keep changing back and forth in that section). They were much easier in this game. Rinne was giving up some easy goals though. I was down 2-0 in the 2nd...but rallied to tie it up. Detroit scored 2 more in the 3rd, and I thought it was over.

Then with like 6 minutes left, I got a big swing in momentum and tied it at 4. I almost won it with a wide open shot in the slot with under a minute left, but hit the post. Ended up losing in OT on a backhander that Rinne tried to glove and ended up knocking off his own body and in. I'd call it a "crappy game" by Rinne, but the stats still look reasonably impressive. Those sliders are pretty awesome though.

Spoiler

In NHL 13 this game is 0-0 heading into shootout.

#1217 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Damn, I still haven't had a bad game with those sliders. Honestly, I kinda feel like a lot of it just has to do with the longer periods. It takes much more of a sustained effort to hang on to a lead, and you don't have to panic if you're down by a couple goals because there's plenty of time to come back. I knocked the periods down to 10 minutes just to make them a little easier to play. That makes the game like 30-35 minutes of real time, which to me feels about perfect. I actually wish they'd do online ranked games this length. That would have more of an impact on teams playing 800 games a month than only having 1 locker room. Here's the most recent game from my Be A GM.

Spoiler

I was trailing 3-1 with 5:00 left in the game. Got one goal, then my coach pulled the goalie with :40 left (I guess you can let the CPU make in game decisions for you...which is actually kind of interesting). I tied the game with 8 seconds left. It stayed tied through OT, then I won it in the shootout after like 15 rounds.

I did turn up passing assist from 0 to 1 (and I'm considering moving it up to 2). I get that passing is supposed to be hard...but it doesn't really seem fair that the CPU can routinely pass 80% or above, and I'm struggling to stay around 50%. I feel like I should at least be close to the CPU...though, if that makes the game too easy, I'd probably turn it back down.

#1218 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Are you still using hard core for passing?

#1219 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Are you still using hard core for passing?

No, I changed it to normal...but I'm kind of wondering if the actual sliders just override that anyway. Like what good does normal do if you have pass assist set to 0 anyway? But for my own mental well-being, I did change it to normal and moved pass assist up to 1. I mean, it's not terrible. It's just really easy to overshoot players. In general, it doesn't bother me (though it probably has cost me a few open shots), but the CPU is crazy good at pinpointing their passes and zipping the puck all over. Just seems unfair, lol.

#1220 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Gary (and other might possibly be interested also): https://play.google.....tamagotchilife

#1221 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Gary (and other might possibly be interested also): https://play.google.....tamagotchilife

LOL...holy crap. That's awesome! Definitely one of those things I'd never pay money for in a million years, but I will download it on my phone just to weird people out from time to time. That's great.

#1222 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Alan! ;-)

Hockey tonight?

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1223 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I will be around tonight.

#1224 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yes

#1225 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'm going to try and make it.

#1226 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

50/50 for me tonight

#1227 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

This tamagotchi won't stop bothering me

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1228 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Celebrating a win

http://www.easports....video/151759167

Annnd finishing the night the same way we started...though this one is longer and a bit more creative (we really enjoyed this one after the d-bag teams we ran into in the middle).

http://www.easports....video/151770210

Edited by n8rockerasu, 18 February 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#1229 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Going to the Predators/Canucks game tonight, so I will be late for hockey night. Should be back around midnight EST.

#1230 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

IYC-DESOAe4