Photo
- - - - -

Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

• Please log in to reply
1680 replies to this topic

#1261 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

I'm enforcing my ban a day early. I look forward to unbanning myself for next week though! :lol:

Fun Fact: 4 years ago today, the patch for NHL 09 that disabled the 99 glitch was released, and I created our new CAG Team to wipe out our 250 losses and give us a fresh start. We then went on to lose at least our first 10 games and didn't notch our first win until 3/9 (provided by Gary and ChunkyB). At least things have improved since then, haha.

Also of note, that patch limited max goalie height to 6'4"...even though Pekka Rinne was in the NHL at that time and is 6'5". He would even be surpassed in height by Anders Lindback and Devan Dubnyk who are both 6'6". Apparently, EA gave NHL teams a few ideas, lol.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 04 March 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#1262 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

I'll be on in a bit. Gotta end with a bang!

#1263 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

I have to ask, why are you guys going to get banned?

#1264 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

We aren't, just a joke. Some guy was pretending to work for EA, beat them badly, he sent Nate a message saying we would be banned Monday

#1265 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Well, that's not the entire story, haha. We beat them badly, got matched up with them again, and were losing late in the game thanks to some pretty bad lag (they were hosting this time) and their "strategy" of "call the puck out from the goalie, race down the ice as quickly as possible, and take a drag wrister short side". So, with less than a minute to play and a faceoff in their end, Gary pauses the game and pulls our goalie. For some miraculous reason, the game ends up looping at the faceoff after this. They pause the game twice trying to "fix it", but then the game ends up desyncing and doesn't count.

That's when the messages started...consisting of official sounding things like "CALL THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR SUSPENSION" and "GAME DATA: NHL 12 - RECORDING #0032673", and promising us that our consoles would not be able to connect to EA servers on Monday. These came from all 3 members of their team, with the best being voice messages from one guy making fun of us for "playing defense" and calling us "$$$s". There's almost enough material to feature them in a new video. It was pretty humorous.

#1266 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

#1267 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Well, that's not the entire story, haha. We beat them badly, got matched up with them again, and were losing late in the game thanks to some pretty bad lag (they were hosting this time) and their "strategy" of "call the puck out from the goalie, race down the ice as quickly as possible, and take a drag wrister short side". So, with less than a minute to play and a faceoff in their end, Gary pauses the game and pulls our goalie. For some miraculous reason, the game ends up looping at the faceoff after this. They pause the game twice trying to "fix it", but then the game ends up desyncing and doesn't count.

That's when the messages started...consisting of official sounding things like "CALL THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR SUSPENSION" and "GAME DATA: NHL 12 - RECORDING #0032673", and promising us that our consoles would not be able to connect to EA servers on Monday. These came from all 3 members of their team, with the best being voice messages from one guy making fun of us for "playing defense" and calling us "$$$s". There's almost enough material to feature them in a new video. It was pretty humorous.

That's pretty hilarious. 3 guys with way too much time on their hands.

#1268 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

DAMN! It's like you powerbombed his ass, lol.

Also, for some reason, I was curious enough to go look at the EA NHL forums (which obviously are mostly about 13). And it was funny how many people still hate that game (but are still playing it). Before I knew it, I had typed up a response that I just decided to make its own thread. Getting some quality responses in case anyone wants a laugh.

http://forum.ea.com/...st/9332434.page

#1269 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

You're such a glutton for punishment Nate lol.

#1270 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Wasn't that already proven by just buying EA games to begin with? lol. At least it's better than talking about why things happen in Madden.

Also, I'm disappointed that there's no demo for either baseball game this year. I saw people on The Show forums defending that with "Not that much has changed since last year, so they don't really need a demo." I didn't even touch that one, lol. Wouldn't that be an argument for not needing to "upgrade" from the previous year's game though? haha

#1271 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yeah I'm skipping this years baseball games. Instead picked up a cheap PS2 and MLB Power Pros 2008. Love that game.

#1272 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Last year, I picked up both MLB games at launch. I didn't spend enough time with The Show to begin with, and with 2K13 supposedly being nearly a carbon copy of 2K12, I will play last year's game til the new ones drop in price.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#1273 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

So I haven't looked yet, are we banned?

Also: http://instagram.com/bananananagram

Also Also: Finally got a chance to read that whole thread on the EA forums. Is amazing how little people think out their posts.

Edited by moojuice, 05 March 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#1274 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

So I haven't looked yet, are we banned?

Also: http://instagram.com/bananananagram

Also Also: Finally got a chance to read that whole thread on the EA forums. Is amazing how little people think out their posts.

I actually got on to check yesterday, and of course we're not. I then sent a message to all 3 douches from their team saying something to the effect of "It's Monday, and look at that. I can sign into the EA servers. I'm not banned. Who would have thought that you were actually just fucking retards? It's amazing!" Today, I got a response from that JTapia dude (the one who sent me all the voice messages) saying "I don't even know who you are", lol. I think that's almost more pathetic. They must do that to so many teams, they can't even keep them straight.

As for the EA forums, yeah...it's amusing. It's funny how you can see that some people just get it, and they provide good responses with solid points of their own. And then some people respond and are like "Derrrrr...take good shots...derp derp". I didn't even want it to turn into a "NHL 12 > NHL 13" kind of thing, but just a discussion on how the series can improve going forward...and what worked and what didn't work.

I made another topic today about having longer periods online. Most people have responded well to it, but the ones who are against it have some of the dumbest reasons I've ever seen like "But then it will take forever to get your Legend 3 card." (wow..it's too bad there's NO solution for that...like scaling the game increments accordingly, lol) or "The games would take forever" (yes...30 minutes...forever, lol). I just want EA to see some of this stuff since they claim they "listen to the community".

Also: I can't believe that thread has over 1,000 views. Apparently, lots of people care about why we stopped playing! :D

Edited by n8rockerasu, 06 March 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#1275 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

I just want you jerks to know that I bought Borderlands 2.

#1276 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

Welcome to the cliub!

#1277 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Not sure if anyone was ever able to use my rosters...or has plans for doing a season in NHL 12, but I found some good sliders on Operation Sports (I can view the forums, Gary...I just can't post in them, lol). I used All-Star difficulty because I've already seen what Superstar does, haha.

http://www.operation...ther-modes.html

I only tried them out for one game, but these were the results.

Spoiler

I actually played the 11 minute periods as suggested...which makes for about a 45 minute game (which is really about the same as a game of Madden...but of course you could do less), but it actually felt like a real hockey game. There were pretty obvious swings in momentum. Anaheim dominated me in the 1st period, outshooting me 12-8, and scoring on a power play. I came roaring back in the 2nd, outshooting them 13-4 and tying the game up on a penalty shot. I took the lead a few minutes later and just kept control the rest of the game.

There might be a couple things I would tweak. Faceoffs seemed too hard, and the CPU just kept wanting to tie up every time. Passing was also pretty tough, but I left the "hardcore" setting on. Switching to "normal" might make for a less sloppy game. Otherwise, this made for a really good, challenging game of hockey. I definitely felt like if I didn't play solid defense, they would have scored all over me. It's bewildering playing a game like this and then knowing that NHL 13 is out there being a complete piece of crap. Try the sliders out if you want to see what could have been, haha.

I tried your rosters again and each time I format my flash drive, plug it into my PC, follow your instructions and when I plug it back into the Xbox, it asks me to format it again.

#1278 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

I tried your rosters again and each time I format my flash drive, plug it into my PC, follow your instructions and when I plug it back into the Xbox, it asks me to format it again.

Damn...I don't know what could be causing that. We need somebody else to try and see if they get the same thing.

#1279 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Wow...look at this thread on the EA forums.

http://forum.ea.com/...st/9341507.page

Finished off and closed by a "community manager" who has told people that he is a developer on the game. He defends the ridiculous rebound fest in NHL 13 by saying "garbage goals happen in the real NHL". Yup...because I know when I watch the Predators play, all they do is skate into the zone as quickly as possible, and throw a wrist shot at the goalie, so he can kick it to the player crashing the net from the other side. He then basically derides those who don't like it by saying "some people don't want a realistic hockey game." Stay classy (and ignorant), EA.

#1280 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Maybe it's because he said "brake away". :-P

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1281 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hockey tonight? It's weird having read through a lot of the old threads this past week and now finally having time to play again. It's like when Truman figured out his life was a TV show, lol.

#1282 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I will be on.

#1283 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

#1284 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Those pesky one hoppers! We know he didn't play baseball ever

#1285 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

Was hoping for some hockey tonight but it looked like a no go. Maybe next Friday night for me.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1286 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I know some of you guys are into WWE 13...

#1287 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Thanks, Alan. You guys who have the game should get online and we can play some matches. Gail Pennyfeather has taken his talents to WWE while the CAGFC is on hiatus.

#1288 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

Was hoping for some hockey tonight but it looked like a no go. Maybe next Friday night for me.

I hopped on around 11, saw only Brandon was on and started playing NCAA instead. Saw you pop on but I think you were off by the time I finished my game.

#1289 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Have I been kicked off the team yet? Or have you guys contacted EA directly to request my banning?

#1290 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I contacted them directly, but they banned Gary instead.