GoHastings.com B1G1 free on all used PS2 titles - valid 9/5 only

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 cat_tango

cat_tango

I love Atlus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hastings posted a buy 1, get 1 free used PS2 games deal on their Facebook page that's only valid today, 9/5. Still have to pay shipping. It's online only, and a limit of 2 per cart. Here's the text from their post:

Today's Video Game Daily Deal: Buy 1 Get 1 Free PS2 Games on goHastings.com with promo code: BOGOPS2. Online Only - Limit 2 of one title per cart. Valid today only!

Link: http://www.gohasting...rtment/GAME.uts

I got Gradius V and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 for $28 shipped. Couldn't believe they were in stock.

Edited by cat_tango, 06 September 2011 - 12:08 AM.
Added "used"

#2 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Are these guaranteed complete or is it YMMV?
Posted Image

#3 cat_tango

cat_tango

I love Atlus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

YMMV. Everything I've ever bought from Hastings online has been complete, sometimes still new and sealed. This is from 20-30 different titles I've purchased. Other people, especially with very popular titles, end up with generic cases or missing manuals.

#4 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

I rolled the dice on this. Hopefully enough of them complete complete and in good condition to justify the purchase. I got for $29 shipped:

Final Fantasy X-2
Destroy All Humans! 2
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Drakengard
Demon Stone
Red Faction II

#5 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

I rolled the dice on this. Hopefully enough of them complete complete and in good condition to justify the purchase. I got for $29 shipped:

Final Fantasy X-2
Destroy All Humans! 2
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Drakengard
Demon Stone
Red Faction II

By the way, the 2-free-game limit is not being enforced in the cart.

I believe the limit was on a specific game. You couldn't get more than 2 of the same title.

#6 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

YMMV. Everything I've ever bought from Hastings online has been complete, sometimes still new and sealed. This is from 20-30 different titles I've purchased. Other people, especially with very popular titles, end up with generic cases or missing manuals.

I think he's meaning more for the fact that it's PS2 games not in general.

#7 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

They claim to have Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 and Dot Hack: Mutation in stock.

#8 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

I believe the limit was on a specific game. You couldn't get more than 2 of the same title.

Thanks. Yeah, I realized that when I saw the actual banner text on the site. It wasn't clear from the OP.

#9 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Radiata Stories and Drakengard 2 for $12.50 shipped. Yea or nay?

#10 UJam

UJam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

Only thing I wanted was Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories and it sold out while I was browsing for something to be free with it. Oh well.

#11 UJam

UJam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

Radiata Stories is well worth it, solid game and the battle system is a nice change from the standard JRPG flair.

#12 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

damn.. goHastings is really getting most of my money for ps2 games... just bought 8 more for my collection.

#13 VVaffle

VVaffle

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Looks like this works on systems as well. I've been looking for a cheap PS2 slim for a while now.

It brings it to about $40 each, which isn't drastically cheaper than most prices (usually $50-$60), but it's still a good deal.

#14 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

Only thing I wanted was Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories and it sold out while I was browsing for something to be free with it. Oh well.

Makes me wish there was KH collection on :ps3: :\
Posted Image

#15 Idx86

Idx86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Damn, sold out of Dirge of Cerberus. :(
Posted Image

#16 myka22

myka22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

This doesn't work for me on games rated M, it says "This item is only available for purchase by customers age 17 and older." I'm obviously older than that, it will let me place the order, but won't apply the discount, only works for non M games. Anyone know how to fix this?

Currently Playing: Killer Instinct, Ryse.

#17 spcheap

spcheap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

Theres a box to check to say that you are 17 and over on the shopping cart screen.

#18 myka22

myka22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

Theres a box to check to say that you are 17 and over on the shopping cart screen.

Ok thanks, I saw the box before, but couldn't get it to work for some reason, I was probably just being stupid, its working fine now.

Currently Playing: Killer Instinct, Ryse.

#19 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

almost every game i want is sold out, and shipping sorta kills the deal for me

#20 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

shipping sorta kills the deal for me

Yeah...that's the problem with these sales. I had four games in my cart for $11.96, and shipping was $9.10. Seeing shipping equate to almost half of my order total just gets me down. =\

By the way, wasn't there a goHastings deal thread? Did someone get all pissy and close it? lol

(Wow, they actually did... http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=281156)

Well...I looked through once more and found Stella Deus and Magna Carta, so I got both of them for $18.05 shipped. I think they were both the last of stock, because after I ordered I refreshed my wish list and they were listed as OOS. Hopefully the order still goes through...

Edited by Blade, 05 September 2011 - 09:31 PM.

#21 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Yeah...that's the problem with these sales. I had four games in my cart for $11.96, and shipping was $9.10. Seeing shipping equate to almost half of my order total just gets me down. =\

By the way, wasn't there a goHastings deal thread? Did someone get all pissy and close it? lol

wow $9 to ship four games? I thought the reason i was charged $5 was that it was their standard shipping price, apparently GoHastings has never heard of Parcel Post.

#22 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

you should update the OP to say this is for used games only. I thought this was a good deal till i went to the link and noticed that it was used only. Pass

#23 GDKN-403

GDKN-403

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

The Warriors for $5 is a good deal if you can find another game to pair it with.

I'm passing, partly because the other games I was wavering on sold out, and partly because part of my previous order still isn't here and I'm waiting to find out if I should be angry about that.

#24 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Well...I looked through once more and found Stella Deus and Magna Carta, so I got both of them for $18.05 shipped. I think they were both the last of stock, because after I ordered I refreshed my wish list and they were listed as OOS. Hopefully the order still goes through...

Yes the OP of that thread decided to close it because I confronted him about why Hastings sale was different from what he originally wrote (see my last few posts in the thread). I assumed he had some sort of inside source which led to PM's by him threatening me to delete my last 3 posts, as he was in the process of deleting all evidence that advertised the different offer and went as far as denying they even existed. I refused to support this blatant cover-up so he locked the entire thread.

We went back and forth through PM's, He said he won't open that thread till a week later once "it all dies down". He apparently feared backlash from a Hastings rep, and from other CAG's for the change. I reassured him nothing huge would be made of it, afterall it wasn't his fault, and shit does happen.

I then figured this was all silly, decided to be the bigger man, and said fine I'll delete my posts once he re-opens the thread (the only way I could delete them). I sent the request twice 3 or 4 days ago asking him to re-open the thread so I can delete my posts and no response whatsoever. Thus he is intentionally keeping the thread closed out of spite despite my attempt to resolve the matter.........

Normally I'd keep all of this private, but the fact that he behaved this way in the end makes me want to be completely transparent about how the OP of that thread behaved towards this entire community here.

#25 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

Crap, I didn't see this before... anything I'd consider is sold out.

Currently playing:

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#26 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:43 AM

Damn holidays, to late for anything good.

#27 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

Yes the OP of that thread decided to close it because I confronted him about why Hastings sale was different from what he originally wrote (see my last few posts in the thread). I assumed he had some sort of inside source which led to PM's by him threatening me to delete my last 3 posts, as he was in the process of deleting all evidence that advertised the different offer and went as far as denying they even existed. I refused to support this blatant cover-up so he locked the entire thread.

We went back and forth through PM's, He said he won't open that thread till a week later once "it all dies down". He apparently feared backlash from a Hastings rep, and from other CAG's for the change. I reassured him nothing huge would be made of it, afterall it wasn't his fault, and shit does happen.

I then figured this was all silly, decided to be the bigger man, and said fine I'll delete my posts once he re-opens the thread (the only way I could delete them). I sent the request twice 3 or 4 days ago asking him to re-open the thread so I can delete my posts and no response whatsoever. Thus he is intentionally keeping the thread closed out of spite despite my attempt to resolve the matter.........

Normally I'd keep all of this private, but the fact that he behaved this way in the end makes me want to be completely transparent about how the OP of that thread behaved towards this entire community here.

Fascinating stuff. Someone else should just start a new, permanent GH thread that can't be closed in a tizzy (except by CAG moderators) if that guy is going to post stuff too early and potentially Fuck over his inside sources unintentionally.

#28 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:05 AM

Fascinating stuff. Someone else should just start a new, permanent GH thread that can't be closed in a tizzy (except by CAG moderators) if that guy is going to post stuff too early and potentially Fuck over his inside sources unintentionally.

Initially I thought he was going to close it permanently so I told him I'd create a new one in its place and give him all the credit, etc.. but he took major offense to this saying I'm trying to outshine him and he'd start my thread off with a 1-star rating, etc... (he really trashed the hell out of me tbh). I was only thinking of the community as there'd be a void if no one stepped up to make another. I didn't want the added responsibility of having to manage the thread. Only after an hour of discussion did he mention he'd close it for just a week until things died down rather than permanently

He's been a good OP of that thread, I can't deny that, I just think in this particular event he overreacted. Perhaps I should have just deleted my posts right away but it just felt wrong to do so as it was an obvious cover-up, and I didn't like that he denied the past deal even existed.

#29 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:58 AM

He's been a good OP of that thread, I can't deny that, I just think in this particular event he overreacted. Perhaps I should have just deleted my posts right away but it just felt wrong to do so as it was an obvious cover-up, and I didn't like that he denied the past deal even existed.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what happened to that deal and the thread. That is rather extreme to close the thread unless he works for hastings.

#30 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

Why do we need a specific thread for every Hastings deal anyway? Why not just post new threads for each deal like we do for every other retailer?