gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9136 replies to this topic

#5041 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

I have an update on the games shipping media mail. That was an error. We created some new inventory categories and moved things around and we forgot to set up one parameters that prevent those new categories from shipping media mail.

Everything shipped since late yesterday afternoon should be shipping via other methods (mostly first class). We apologize for the error.

In regards to the packaging, we have been forwarding your pictures around and will continue to discuss solutions. Please remember any change takes time because we have so much of the current supplies in stock.

John

I also wanted to say thanks - I love the site and the great deals I've gotten.

---------------------

I started getting packages from the 30% + free shipping deal. I got 2 dvds in separate packages, both came in polymailers and both were in great shape.

Workin on it

#5042 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

w the shipping adjustment where did the math end up on this vs 30 percent w/o shipping adjustment

#5043 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Great to hear that some of the complaints about the poly mailers are being reviewed by GH.

Hopefully an adequate solution is implemented.

Besides the occasional damaged item due to poor poly mailer packaging, I have nothing but good things to say about GoHastings. It's my favorite online retailer at the moment (yes, even over Amazon).

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#5044 kodave

kodave

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

w the shipping adjustment where did the math end up on this vs 30 percent w/o shipping adjustment

This current deal is always cheaper if you have three games of the same price, etc.

#5045 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Got the last of my previous order in today. Three graphic novels; one was in perfection condition, one softcover had a rather large crease/fold on the front cover and the hardcover's dust jacket also has a rather large crease, this time on the back. I'll keep the softcover with the fold because it was only around $2, but I'm debating returning the hardcover.

Also got a Blu-ray in the order and at first, I thought it was pristine, but the bottom latch is broke, so the case doesn't click closed. That seems to happen all the time with Blu-rays I order. It's always the bottom one, too. I wonder why.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5046 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

I have an update on the games shipping media mail. That was an error. We created some new inventory categories and moved things around and we forgot to set up one parameters that prevent those new categories from shipping media mail.

Everything shipped since late yesterday afternoon should be shipping via other methods (mostly first class). We apologize for the error.

In regards to the packaging, we have been forwarding your pictures around and will continue to discuss solutions. Please remember any change takes time because we have so much of the current supplies in stock.

John

I complain about GH a lot but I've also been spending way more money with you guys than any other retailer, even Amazon (which was my #1 retailer for years).

As other CAGS have said, thank you very much for everything you do.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#5047 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

i complain about gh a lot but i've also been spending way more money with you guys than any other retailer, even amazon (which was my #1 retailer for years).

As other cags have said, thank you very much for everything you do.

+1

#5048 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Ugh....Bioshock 2 and Dead Space 2 were just removed from my cart because they sold out >_< And at those prices I could kick myself for not jumping on them when I had them earlier...

Please re-up your stock GoHastings! I know there must be more of those copies lying around somewhere...Everywhere else has a "used" version for like 2 dollars off what it would cost for the new un-opened game.

That is madness...Where is the incentive to buy used? To save 2 dollars?

#5049 kodave

kodave

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

Got a TPB in today. Came in a padded mailer that survived the journey from Oklahoma. TPB was bent but not creased. A heavy book should put it back to normal.

#5050 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

I mentioned yesterday the Smallville set I got with the detached disc trays and the non functional disc 1. My question is, there are no other Season 3 in stock right now. How do I know that if it shows up on my wish list as in stock and I do reorder it, it won't be this exact same one back again in the same condition? Or will they at least resurface the first 3 discs before trying to resell it again do you think?

I know I'm asking a lot expecting anyone to know the answer to this, but has anyone ever had the experience of returning a poor condition item, reordering and receiving the same item back?

#5051 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

I mentioned yesterday the Smallville set I got with the detached disc trays and the non functional disc 1. My question is, there are no other Season 3 in stock right now. How do I know that if it shows up on my wish list as in stock and I do reorder it, it won't be this exact same one back again in the same condition? Or will they at least resurface the first 3 discs before trying to resell it again do you think?

I know I'm asking a lot expecting anyone to know the answer to this, but has anyone ever had the experience of returning a poor condition item, reordering and receiving the same item back?

I wouldn't expect them to resell something you told them is defective.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5052 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Chances are high that it won't be the same item, or at least not in the same condition. I've never had it happen, but the return process takes a long time and the chances of one other person in America trading in a copy of that show are high. And if all else fails, you can just get a better series. ;) Just kidding.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#5053 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

never gotten anything ive returned. Not sure what they do with all the defective items, probably why they often times told you to keep the item (at least before the last month or so), cause what are they going to do with something defective? I guess its possible they resurface them and test them again, but who knows. That set is probably a more common trade in, so Im sure the chances of you getting the same one back are very very small

#5054 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Dammit... a BD I've been waiting ages for finally shows up stock and it doesn't qualify for the sale.

FML.:bomb:

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#5055 kodave

kodave

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

I've always wondered that myself with things I've returned. Often if I've returned an item I just give up on getting it from Hastings because I don't know if I'll just get the same thing I just returned. But that's just me being overly cautious.

#5056 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Just got my LA Noire for :360: and disc 1 has a giant scratch. Pop the game in and try to install it but craps out a 3% every time. So now how will this effect my B2G1. Are they going to charge me full price for the $1 game now? How hard is it to not see that a huge scratch might cause a problem.
Posted Image

#5057 jstop00

jstop00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Dammit... a BD I've been waiting ages for finally shows up stock and it doesn't qualify for the sale.

FML.:bomb:

Same thing here... With two different blu-rays... I'm guessing when they setup the promotion in their system, they're not going back and 'flipping the switch' for items that weren't in stock at the beginning of the sale :(

#5058 kodave

kodave

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Just got my LA Noire for :360: and disc 1 has a giant scratch. Pop the game in and try to install it but craps out a 3% every time. So now how will this effect my B2G1. Are they going to charge me full price for the $1 game now? How hard is it to not see that a huge scratch might cause a problem.

No, you shouldn't get charged full price for the $1 game.

#5059 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

No, you shouldn't get charged full price for the $1 game.

Ok cool just got the email with the return slip for this and the cracked Army of Two 2 they sent me.
Posted Image

#5060 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

oops, someone already answered

#5061 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for the responses all, if they resurface the discs I would be ok with the slim chance of getting the same item again, I bet I could glue the case back together. There are none for sale right now which is what made me think of possibly getting my own return back if I reorder soon.

And I've done that same thing kodave, got a mangled movie a few months back and I'm too paranoid to push my luck and reorder it.

#5062 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

Got 3 cheap games from them in the mail today, and all were in great condition.
Discs all looked mint, cases were all perfect, and they all had original artwork and manuals.

#5063 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hmmm, hoping for some sort of sweet sale this weekend. Free shipping spoiled me and all the items I want are around the $5 price point and from different areas (books, movies, cds). I nice general 40% off and free shipping would be ideal :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5064 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hmmm, hoping for some sort of sweet sale this weekend. Free shipping spoiled me and all the items I want are around the $5 price point and from different areas (books, movies, cds). I nice general 40% off and free shipping would be ideal :)

And what would be the reason for such a sale? The first week of "October Not Quite Halloween Shopping Extravaganza"? :bouncy:

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#5065 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

And what would be the reason for such a sale? The first week of "October Not Quite Halloween Shopping Extravaganza"? :bouncy:

Oh, you know this is just blind hope :) I can wait until black friday or Halloween :)

#5066 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Christopher Columbus Day

#5067 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

I'm ordering too many games just for the sake of it, I ordered Sing It Family Hits guys, soon enough i'll be cuttin a rug while singing disney songs, I buy singing games but I don't like to sing.

#5068 kodave

kodave

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

I'm ordering too many games just for the sake of it, I ordered Sing It Family Hits guys, soon enough i'll be cuttin a rug while singing disney songs, I buy singing games but I don't like to sing.

There are support groups you know...

#5069 Gycot

Gycot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Don't worry guys, I just gave in and put in an order for a few books. That usually means an awesome new deal should come out later today.

There may be some truth to a Columbus day sale. It accepts the coupon "columbus", but so far it doesn't do any price adjustments to things in your cart.
Gy's game "All the Bad Parts" is available now on Xbox Live!
http://marketplace.x...15-d80258550946

#5070 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Guys, I can use the code just once? or if I order other 3 games I can use the code again?

Thanks,

Ashlee :bouncy: