gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9136 replies to this topic

#5311 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Everything is "out of stock". Why bother to have a sale at all?

Should consider staying up later or waking up earlier.

#5312 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Brutal legend, The Saboteur, Bad Company 1 & 2, Prince of Persia, Lost Planet, Brothers in Arms, Prey, Bulletstorm, Bioshock 2, Triple Pack, Far Cry 2...

Might get Bioshock 2 i had rented it when it first came out but never beat it.

#5313 kodave

kodave

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

everything is "out of stock". Why bother to have a sale at all?

ffs

#5314 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

ya, just keep looking till you find something you like or move on...

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5315 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

ffs

lol.. exactly... no logic here... why bother to have a sale? to SELL! Which apparently is working for them since everything you wanted... SOLD...lol

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5316 fyahbwoy

fyahbwoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

lion king blu ray

everything the light touches, is our kingdom *darth vader voice*

#5317 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just got both the Army of Two games, Brothers in Arms, Bulletstorm(I'll finish it this time I swear!), Perfect Dark: Zero LE, Homefront, and all for around $14. I can't complain since those are decent games for what it is. I want to try Homefront online since I've heard good things.

#5318 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Wanted :ps3: Thor but it was OOS but I got Dungeon Siege 3 for $5.75 with the promo code.

#5319 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Most of what I wanted is OOS, except for The Sabouteur for $3.20.

I can't quit you Hastings <3

#5320 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

lol.. exactly... no logic here... why bother to have a sale? to SELL! Which apparently is working for them since everything you wanted... SOLD...lol

If CAG ever gets a convention, everyone gets a turn to kick that guy's nuts.:lol:

#5321 CaN-

CaN-

FIGHT ON!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

i've never played the AC series before so i bought
AC II: $5.40
ACR: $11.90
Total: $17.30

#5322 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Everything is "out of stock". Why bother to have a sale at all?

Posted Image

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#5323 Statix

Statix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

If you like walking a lot just to die when you get to your destination, get Dragon Rising (it's not COD). Red River has some walking, but it's not as bad.

Operation Flashpoint is meant to be a more serious, tactical, and realistic type of military shooter, so yes, there will be more traveling on foot and lulls in action involved--military sims and tactical shooters aren't meant to be shooting galleries where waves of enemies pop up conveniently and predictably in front of you for you to shoot every 2 seconds (like Call of Duty).

That being said, you probably don't have much patience if you think there's too much walking in Operation Flashpoint or Dragon Rising. I played the game all the way through, and what you consider "boring walking," I consider to be tense, strategic, stealthy gameplay. You're walking, but every second you and your squad are traveling on-foot, you can be ambushed by a surprise attack by an enemy, and subsequently killed if you're not being careful, not covering all your angles, and not being situationally aware. Again, if you want loads of enemies to spawn right in front of you so you can practice your aim Duck Hunt-style, you shouldn't be playing an Operation Flashpoint game in the first place.

Most Operation Flashpoint fans agree that Dragon Rising is better than Red River. I haven't played Red River, but I think that both games are well worth buying if you want a more thoughtful and strategic change of pace from the arcade-style, brainless monotony of COD.

#5324 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Operation Flashpoint is meant to be a more serious, tactical, and realistic type of military shooter, so yes, there will be more traveling on foot and lulls in action involved--military sims and tactical shooters aren't meant to be shooting galleries where waves of enemies pop up conveniently and predictably in front of you for you to shoot every 2 seconds (like Call of Duty).

That being said, you probably don't have much patience if you think there's too much walking in Operation Flashpoint or Dragon Rising. I played the game all the way through, and what you consider "boring walking," I consider to be tense, strategic, stealthy gameplay. You're walking, but every second you and your squad are traveling on-foot, you can be ambushed by a surprise attack by an enemy, and subsequently killed if you're not being careful, not covering all your angles, and not being situationally aware. Again, if you want loads of enemies to spawn right in front of you so you can practice your aim Duck Hunt-style, you shouldn't be playing an Operation Flashpoint game in the first place.

Most Operation Flashpoint fans agree that Dragon Rising is better than Red River. I haven't played Red River, but I think that both games are well worth buying if you want a more thoughtful and strategic change of pace from the arcade-style, brainless monotony of COD.

You are quite correct: I have no patience what-so-ever. I used to. I used to love sitting for hours, plotting and planning, playing RPG's with endless dialogue, but these days I'm impatient, grumpy, old, and just plain fuckin' tired, so my tastes have changed. I like to mindlessly blow shit up before I go to bed and not have to think at all sometimes.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with that type of gameplay. In fact, I think it's better than COD. I just don't care for it personally as my time is limited. I was simply giving the guy a quick overview on the games so he can make a decision. Some people like walking around and planning out their attack and that's fine--he can figure it out by himself.

Also, I read those same reviews and what people said about both; about DR being better than RR. I had both and played a couple hours of each until I reached my own thoughts on both. I simply preferred RR. It may be worse for most, but I like it better. Just my opinion and you know what they say about those: Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one and they all stink.

Peace.

#5325 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Thanks OP!

Finally picked up:

:360: Call of Duty- World at War: $3.70

#5326 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

:ps3: Rage and Sigularity
:360: Wolfenstein and Dark Sector

$13.31 shipped. Good deal.

#5327 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Dark sector is a pretty boring game. At least your backlog will keep you from playing it.

#5328 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Played, finished and really liked three of those. :applause: Good pickups.

Didn't play Wolfenstein yet , but I enjoyed the demo.

#5329 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

I love how Madden 11 on PS3 is $15 and Madden 12 is $4.

#5330 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

I love how Madden 11 on PS3 is $15 and Madden 12 is $4.

It's because nobody wants a game with a Cleveland browns player on the cover lol

#5331 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

i've never played the AC series before so i bought
AC II: $5.40
ACR: $11.90
Total: $17.30

Make sure you find Brotherhood at some point. I think it's better than both(it's a little less focused than 2, but I liked the gameplay better), and you might not want to start Revalations until you finish it because it's the last of the trilogy.

#5332 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

It's because nobody wants a game with a Cleveland browns player on the cover lol

He's not even a Brown anymore!

#5333 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

He's not even a Brown anymore!

And he is not even a starter for his new team.

#5334 CaN-

CaN-

FIGHT ON!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Make sure you find Brotherhood at some point. I think it's better than both(it's a little less focused than 2, but I liked the gameplay better), and you might not want to start Revalations until you finish it because it's the last of the trilogy.

yup i'm planning to play all of them in order. i'm playing 1 right now.
they didn't have brotherhood in stock :cry:, which is why i only bought II and R.

And he is not even a starter for his new team.

the curse of madden

#5335 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hmmm, so last order came in and well some issues.

The rundown:

2 hats, each in their own big bubble mailer.

1 3DS game in its own bubble mailer.

1 DS game in a poly bag mailer.

1 CD in its own bubble mailer.

1 TPB, 2 DVDs, and 1 CD stacked in a polybag!!!!! ugghhh.

The main problem of course is with the last package. CD is a digipack with a price sticker on it. DO NOT PUT PRICE STICKERS ON PAPER BASED DIGIPAKS! If I can remove it then no prob.

The polybag had numerous holes in it since they stacked different shaped items in it. One hole coincides to this big dent in the TPB which mushed the back cover and was so hard it actually made little tears in a good quarter of the pages.

Considering sending it back and rebuying it since it is still in stock.

For one of the hats they sent me a beanie instead of a snood. Snood is supposed to have those hand pockets hanging from the side. Looking up the snood online though, the beanie may look cooler, so who knows, may keep it.

Edit:
Well that was painless. Called and 30 seconds later they processed a refund because it was so cheap. Decided to keep the beanie over the snood because it did indeed look better.

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 12 October 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5336 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

i will try sf x tekken for $12 to see if it's really that bad

#5337 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

yup i'm planning to play all of them in order. i'm playing 1 right now.
they didn't have brotherhood in stock :cry:, which is why i only bought II and R.

the curse of madden

It isn't a curse, he just has a shitty attitude.

And good, just wanted to make sure. It's worth anything under 24.99 I think

#5338 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

i will try sf x tekken for $12 to see if it's really that bad

its getting some fixes via update

#5339 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

also got NHL 11, I've wanted a hockey game for awhile and don't really care how updated the names on the jerseys are.

I grabbed NHL '10 this morning. Noticed after I placed the order that NHL '11 was in stock for less than $1 more but since the last NHL game I played was on N64 and I can't name a single current NHL player I don't think I would be able to tell the difference. I just want to skate around and smash guys into walls until I get my $1.50 worth of fun.

My small haul with coupon (my wishlist is a wasteland of out of stock items):
NHL 2010 xbox $1.50
Sandman Brief Lives tpb $3.56
Gears of War 2 xbox $2.91
Inception DVD $1.50
+ TN sales tax

I think I'm only missing 1 Sandman, 1 Preacher and 2 Fables trades now so I will continue to stalk them on my Wishlist and hope they come in sometime when there's a sale on.

Request for opinions on Castlevania Lord of Shadows?

#5340 ryverse

ryverse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Snagged a few for Xbox 360

Price is Right Decades $7.11
Burnout Paradise $8.73
Homefront $3.56
Truth or Lies $1.50
Game Party: In Motion $3.99
NBA 2K11 $4.17