gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
8942 replies to this topic

#3181 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

It's kind of a lot to go over considering it was literally an hour long conversation with a couple people, and I was on conference call for about 20 minutes of that conversation too, so I'm beat from it. I can probably answer things in excerpts if you want, but to go over all of it at once will take too much work, so if you have anything specific you want to know about some of that stuff, I can probably answer it, assuming it was something that came up in the conversation. :bouncy:

Nope! Just start typing a wall of text. We'll sort out what's relevant and what isn't. :D

#3182 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Nope! Just start typing a wall of text. We'll sort out what's relevant and what isn't. :D

Bah! Well, when I'm up for it I guess I'll have to type out most of the concerns, lol.

Keep an eye out. ;P
Posted Image

#3183 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Don't kill your fingers typing out all of that info, Squarehard! At the very least it sounds like GH is in the business of making improvements instead of being satisfied with the status quo.

Whoever mentioned Witcher 2 earlier, thanks. $23 shipped using the BONUS code is good enough for me. The last dozen or so games I've ordered have been in very decent shape, only one missing manual out of the lot.

#3184 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Just grabbed :360: Max Payne 3 for $21.94 ($26.22 shipped/taxed). Woot!

#3185 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

thinking of ordering Mass Effect 3 from them, if I get it "previously viewed" any chance the online code will work?

#3186 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

does anyone know if their collector's / limited editions usually come complete or have any experience orderings CE/LEs from them that can comment on the typical quality?

#3187 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

does anyone know if their collector's / limited editions usually come complete or have any experience orderings CE/LEs from them that can comment on the typical quality?

It's very hit or miss with used CEs/LEs from Hastings. From what I've seen with others and my own experience, you're probably going to end up with a regular version, missing parts, or the box will be in horrible condition. It's not the best place to order CEs/LEs if you are looking strictly for collecting purposes, but if you're a gambling man, give it a shot.
Posted Image

#3188 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

They need to restock their used vita games damnit.

#3189 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

thinking of ordering Mass Effect 3 from them, if I get it "previously viewed" any chance the online code will work?

You can apply a code before needing to finalize the checkout process. Note that PV means you'll probably get a rental version rather than "used," which is what they receive from people who trade in games at their B&M locations.

#3190 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

Ordered harry potter UE blu, and 2 other blus for $26.

Was gonna put in an order for 5 games but the $11 shipping makes it like $37....kinda a dealbreaker

Edited by merchie89, 14 July 2012 - 01:30 AM.

(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3191 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

grab a copy of themrthym Final Fantasy for $32... excellent deal as it is gettign hard to find

#3192 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

people need to trade in more used vita games damnit.

ftfy

#3193 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

Thanks GodOfUncharted for the code.

Picked up a couple One Piece boxed sets and some goozex trade in filler.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#3194 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:53 AM

Placed an order for Dragon's Dogma a couple hours before the $10 code was posted. I emailed to try and get the $3 adjustment, but I'm not real hopeful about it.

#3195 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

I keep getting a system error when I try to place an order right now...

#3196 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

There's probably a better chance they won't even include the online code unless its on the manual. I don't think Hastings is like GameFly, just saving all the inserts and proper boxes for sales when rentals are over. They'll just ship you whatever is in the rental case they use. No one knows for sure what anything will come with. Its all up to you if you want to gamble on it.

Bah! Well, when I'm up for it I guess I'll have to type out most of the concerns, lol.

Keep an eye out. ;P

Well, if there is anything that would be useful for the FAQ, please share. I've gone through and cleaned it up a little and added a couple of questions. Most of what people ask about here is already in the FAQ, but I suppose its easier to post and ask then to check the FAQ first.

#3197 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

Placed an order for Dragon's Dogma a couple hours before the $10 code was posted. I emailed to try and get the $3 adjustment, but I'm not real hopeful about it.

Well my order was cancelled. If AwRy108 gets his, then we'll know it's because I pissed them off for asking. :lol:

#3198 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

I tried to get a price adjustment once, and the guy I spoke with was like, "We can adjust the price for you, (and in a condescending tone) but we're not obligated to do so." The issue was that they wouldn't help me because I didn't contact them within the day or so, since it was over a holiday weekend.

#3199 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

I keep getting a system error when I try to place an order right now...

Same, I wonder if it went through

#3200 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

Same, I wonder if it went through

my order definitely did not as they never did a test charge on my card and everything is still in my cart

of course the $10 off $30 deal is now over so due to this glitch GoHastings will have to wait to get my money

#3201 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

Posted Image

Code: FRIENDS

Code may not be fully active yet, so give it some time if it doesn't work correctly.

*edit*
Just checked out and everything is good, so get your shop on!

Edited by Squarehard, 15 July 2012 - 05:26 AM.

Posted Image

#3202 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

Code: FRIENDS

Code may not be fully active yet, so give it some time if it doesn't work correctly.

You've been on top of these deal changes like crack recently!

First post updated.

#3203 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

So pumped. Just got The Amazing Spider-Man for $32 for PS3.

#3204 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

Yeah, I've been in a relatively buyer friendly mood as of late, so I just kind of stalk it like a hawk stalking a possum, a delicious possum, filled with rabies.
Posted Image

#3205 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

Thanks, damn could have saved $3 if I had waited to use this code instead of 7and7. Oh well.

Project X Blu is available for $8.02 shipped if anyone wants it.

#3206 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hastings is killing me with their screwed up video game prices. If some of the games I'm interested in were as cheap on their own website as they were on Amazon, I'd buy a shit ton of games from them at 30% off. But apparently their programmers don't know how to fix it despite multiple people reporting it/complaining about it. Sadly I've seen some game prices on Amazon get jacked up to the unreasonably high prices instead of the Hastings website prices dropping to the Amazon price. Stuff is on Amazon for like $5 but nearly $20 on their own site. How they don't know how to fix this is beyond me.

#3207 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

These would have been great deals for me, if they would actually re-stock their freaking vita games damnit.

#3208 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thank you for the code. :)

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#3209 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:44 AM

These would have been great deals for me, if they would actually re-stock their freaking vita games damnit.

Dude, I feel like I've replied to you two or three times about this. What don't you get? When it comes to used games, there is no "re-stocking." Re-stocking implies they can just order more from a supplier. Usually that's not how used sales work. They don't have used Vita games because people don't trade in Vita games, probably because not a lot of people own Vita games. If you want to buy used Vita games, you're going to have to hope Hastings comes up with a way to encourage people to trade in used Vita games.

#3210 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

Hastings is killing me with their screwed up video game prices. If some of the games I'm interested in were as cheap on their own website as they were on Amazon, I'd buy a shit ton of games from them at 30% off. But apparently their programmers don't know how to fix it despite multiple people reporting it/complaining about it. Sadly I've seen some game prices on Amazon get jacked up to the unreasonably high prices instead of the Hastings website prices dropping to the Amazon price. Stuff is on Amazon for like $5 but nearly $20 on their own site. How they don't know how to fix this is beyond me.

While the automatic price program is wonky, the prices on Amazon is meant to be cheaper to offset the higher shipped costs.

My guess on why the pricing and the website itself is so messed up is that they went cheap the first time around and got someone who made buggy, inefficient, unreadable code. I'd wish they would just rehaul the entire website.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png