gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
8936 replies to this topic

#331 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Got my Ratchet & Clank in the mail today for $12, I was worried about it, because after I ordered I read bad things about Gohastings, but it came with the cover, and the disc looks brand new. It didn't come with the manual, but I never really read those and stickers on cover but I'm happy with it.

#332 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

Bought 3 TPB's last week for $7.49 or so. One was cancelled and received the other two yesterday. Both were in damn near perfect condition. Least it makes me feel more comfortable ordering TPB's from them now.

#333 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

What's a TPB?

#334 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

What's a TPB?

Trade Paper Back. Aka the paperback/softcover version of a book. HC is Trade Cloth aka the hardcover version.

#335 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

Dark Souls is sitting in my cart for a while now and I don't know if I should pull the trigger and get it for $37.

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#336 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

I'd pick up Dark Souls, but I have way too much else to play. I know once I finish that stuff, it'll most likely be in the 20-30 range. Doing the same with El Shaddai.

#337 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

I just ordered Call of Duty Black Ops: Hardened Edition (360) for $25 shipped.

#338 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

I just ordered Call of Duty Black Ops: Hardened Edition (360) for $25 shipped.

It probably wont have the codes with it though.

#339 ticktack

ticktack

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

It probably wont have the codes with it though.

I bought one two weeks ago from GoHastings that actually did.

fss_overall.png

#340 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

First experience with GoHastings, I ordered Shadows of the Damned. Game came in about 3 days, and was in great condition. Complete with case, cover art and manual. Game also hardly had any scratches. Good stuff =D

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#341 equality

equality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

4 of my 12 books have come in so far. The three hardcover books I ordered are overall in good shape and the one paperback I received looks brand new. :D

#342 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

Either:

A) An employee at Hastings forgot to upload the new deal banners for this up coming week

B) Hastings caught on you can check the deal banners ahead of time and is withholding the new deal banners

or

C) Hastings is continuing to run the same deals through next week at least.

Take your pick.

#343 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:10 AM

finally got my hands on tatsunoku vs capcom at a decent price there damn shame how much stores want to charge for it elsewhere.

#344 Gycot

Gycot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

I have bought a ridiculous number of TPB/HCs during this sale. Lets tell no one.

I feel horrible, they are splitting it into a billion shipments coming in from all over the country.
Gy's game "All the Bad Parts" is available now on Xbox Live!
http://marketplace.x...15-d80258550946

#345 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

Damn, finally got a copy of Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny for cheap and the second disc is jacked up. The other two are flawless but the second disc has some weird cracks around the inner circle on the bottom.

#346 Larrabee213

Larrabee213

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

Quick question. What condition are GoHasting's used games generally in? Cases and discs in pretty good shape?

#347 equality

equality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Quick question. What condition are GoHasting's used games generally in? Cases and discs in pretty good shape?

Everything I've gotten has been in pretty good condition overall and I'm pretty sure one of the games I got came new as it was still wrapped in plastic. I believe others have had worse luck with quality, but my experience has been good.

#348 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

finally got my hands on tatsunoku vs capcom at a decent price there damn shame how much stores want to charge for it elsewhere.

Considering it's Capcom, I'm literally shocked this game was NEVER ported over to the other systems considering all the other fighters they made did, guess Nintendo paid them enough not to bother.

On a Hastings note, my last package took over a week to show up since the USPS decided to route it from Idaho to Ohio (I'm in IL...) then back to IA, MO then finally to me. =/ I didn't think I was ever going to get my last shipment of movies (it wasn't Hastings fault, but still...)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#349 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

Considering it's Capcom, I'm literally shocked this game was NEVER ported over to the other systems considering all the other fighters they made did, guess Nintendo paid them enough not to bother.

On a Hastings note, my last package took over a week to show up since the USPS decided to route it from Idaho to Ohio (I'm in IL...) then back to IA, MO then finally to me. =/ I didn't think I was ever going to get my last shipment of movies (it wasn't Hastings fault, but still...)

yeah it would have sold pretty well if theyd bothered to port it over to the other consoles ive been wanting to try it since i first heard about it hell if they didnt want to bother putting it on disk i could see it doing well as a 20 dollar download.

#350 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

I've found some seriously amazing deals on art books, and all told I've ordered around 30 books from GoHastings in the last two months - 14 from the 40% off code last month, and probably about the same from this 30% off code. I actually ended up building an entirely new bookshelf because of it, hahahah

#351 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:01 AM

I've found some seriously amazing deals on art books, and all told I've ordered around 30 books from GoHastings in the last two months - 14 from the 40% off code last month, and probably about the same from this 30% off code. I actually ended up building an entirely new bookshelf because of it, hahahah

Wait...30% off code? :-# WICKED is the code for 40% off. It still works because I ordered some manga yesterday. It seems like you missed out on an even better deal, dude! :cold:

#352 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:45 AM

yeah it would have sold pretty well if theyd bothered to port it over to the other consoles ive been wanting to try it since i first heard about it hell if they didnt want to bother putting it on disk i could see it doing well as a 20 dollar download.

Are you guys kidding? It's literally like Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 but better balanced, and half its roster is super sentai crap instead of superheroes in spandex. And as the name implies, it has the gang doing wacky things, like when Ryu dragon punches a two-story-tall monster. (Not Godzilla.)

#353 shredsofsanity

shredsofsanity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

Ordered Uncharted 1 and 2 for about $27 shipped with the discount. Also the copy of Eternal Sonata I ordered from them through Amazon arrived in MINT condition. This place is excellent.

#354 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:29 AM

Are you guys kidding? It's literally like Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 but better balanced, and half its roster is super sentai crap instead of superheroes in spandex. And as the name implies, it has the gang doing wacky things, like when Ryu dragon punches a two-story-tall monster. (Not Godzilla.)

so your point is?

#355 supershammy

supershammy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

Wait...30% off code? :-# WICKED is the code for 40% off. It still works because I ordered some manga yesterday. It seems like you missed out on an even better deal, dude! :cold:

hahah oops, well it went 40%, then 30%, then 40% again. I took advantage of all of em. thanks for the heads-up, although i already used wicked a few times =D

#356 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

I know I've said this a few times already, but I'm still shocked anyone is ordering any books. In addition to the big jump from $3 to $5+ or $5 to over $8 for some books, all of the graphic novels I've been watching have slowly but surely climbed up from under $3 to over $5.

I guess people must be happy with the prices they're paying, or they didn't see the before-sale prices. I've watched game prices fluctuate up and down constantly, but I've never seen as blatant of a rise in book prices across the board as prior to and during this sale.

On some of these books I'm watching it almost makes more sense to wait it out and hope the sale ends and prices lower again after the sale, because those prices are better than the prices with 30% or 40% off in some instances.

#357 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:43 AM

I know I've said this a few times already, but I'm still shocked anyone is ordering any books. In addition to the big jump from $3 to $5+ or $5 to over $8 for some books, all of the graphic novels I've been watching have slowly but surely climbed up from under $3 to over $5.

I guess people must be happy with the prices they're paying, or they didn't see the before-sale prices. I've watched game prices fluctuate up and down constantly, but I've never seen as blatant of a rise in book prices across the board as prior to and during this sale.

On some of these books I'm watching it almost makes more sense to wait it out and hope the sale ends and prices lower again after the sale, because those prices are better than the prices with 30% or 40% off in some instances.

well I ordered probably 40+ volumes of manga and 90% of them were $1.20 after the 40% discount so not everything was hiked up

#358 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:35 AM

It's true that book prices were inflated, but I'm just ordering from the $1.99 manga selection. It's not right to inflate prices like that, and I know I shouldn't buy any based on principle, knowing that the company will look at the overall sales figure; pragmatically, though, I'm concerned with not getting a second chance to own an entire set of something that I rarely see in person at a massive percentage off MSRP. I stopped myself this time at 15 manga for $17.39 - one wasn't discounted to $1.20 for some reason - while completing three collections, and I'm happy with that.

Reference list of what I ordered:

Spoiler

#359 supershammy

supershammy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

Your point is valid, but really only in regards to fiction. I too have seen the prices rise, but I didn't order any of those books. Many of the books I ordered in the most recent 30%/40% sale may not hold any significance to you or others, but my favorites are (priced at amazon):

Designer's Complete Index, boxed set, $9 (retails at $40)
Jan Tschichold's New Typography, $5 (retails at $30 for the paperback alone)
Heston Blumenthal's In Search of Total Perfection, $5 (retails for $10, but extremely hard to find used)

and, of course, The Long Halloween, $5 (gotta squeeze a comic in there somewhere, right? Commercially popular graphic novels are hard as hell to find used on Hastings these days, so this was a lucky score)

edit: well shit. one of my literally 20 packages from gohastings is being returned as undeliverable to my address for whatever reason.

#360 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

Well, I'll clarify:

It clearly sounds like manga at GoHastings is dirt cheap. I don't read manga or ever browse it so I have no idea how the pricing for that is traditionally. Sounds like some of you guys are getting good deals. Hopefully they don't raise prices on those books.

But I've been watching more than fiction books, supershammy. I have a wide variety of books on my watch list, from fictional westerns to history books to graphic novels to biographies and whatnot. For instance, I randomly added the book written by the pilot that landed the plane in the Hudson River. I don't know that I'd actually buy it, but I added it because he seems like a cool guy and I saw him promote the book on the Daily Show a few months back. Before the sale it was $3.29, along with just about every other hardcover book on my watch list. Now its up to $4.25. Or for instance, Christ Jericho's latest book was $5-something prior to the sale, now its $8.31. Same with Bret Hart's book. Hardcover copy was $5 flat and now its $8 flat. Sin City graphic novels were floating around $2-3 bucks, now the ones that are left in stock are $3.50 to over $5.

I think if Hastings was losing money on shipping out giant hardcover books for $2.10 or whatever I paid last time, they would have price adjusted shortly thereafter, and I'd understand somewhat. Instead they instantly raised prices almost across the board a day or two prior to this current sale going live. I know its a classic move retailers do, but its disappointing to see it so blatantly done, especially since GoHastings reps have come on here and said point blank that they do not engage in those types of practices, when they did it at least this time in a pretty blatant manner. This is far different than someone crying foul about price raising because a month old video game shot up in price when several copies were sold during a sale, fluctuating the supply and demand. I'd bet my left nut there was no rush on hardcover copies of Sully Sullenberger's book to fluctuate the supply and demand and thus raise the price just a couple of days prior to the sale.

With a lot of the books I'm watching, GoHastings is giving me very little incentive to buy from them versus buying from a 3rd party seller on Amazon where Amazon will fulfill shipment of the order so I can use FSSS or Prime.