gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
8936 replies to this topic

#8161 baniann

baniann

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Some notes on stuff I bought during the Cyber Monday sale.

Deathsmiles Limited Edition - Only had game case + soundtrack + game disc. No goodies/special packing/or even instructional manual. Priced at $7 though so I'm not bothered.

Dynasty Warriors 7 - They put the wrong game disc inside.. it contained Dynasty Warriors 7 XL, a sequel/expansion to the first game. E-mailed them about it and received a reply within 24 hrs, they're sending a refund soon with no need to ship back.

Also ordered Bayonetta, Tales of Vesperia, Atelier Meruru, and Star Ocean 4 (PS3 ver) all in great condition. Overall I'm happy with the purchase & service. Nothing smells like smoke, unlike some books I'd ordered a while back from them.

#8162 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

Just on the first page alone I see Motorstorm Apocalypse used has more than doubled in price.

#8163 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

BleeeeeeeeeeeeeHHHHHEHEHEH. I think it's better if I don't comment about this sale.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#8164 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

I see nothing worthwhile.  Which is just as well, GoHastings is just as bad as Newegg when it comes to sales.  Anything halfway decent I order will be cancelled due to it going "OoS" suddenly, leaving only crap to wade through.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#8165 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

First post updated

#8166 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

Some notes on stuff I bought during the Cyber Monday sale.

Deathsmiles Limited Edition - Only had game case + soundtrack + game disc. No goodies/special packing/or even instructional manual. Priced at $7 though so I'm not bothered.

Dynasty Warriors 7 - They put the wrong game disc inside.. it contained Dynasty Warriors 7 XL, a sequel/expansion to the first game. E-mailed them about it and received a reply within 24 hrs, they're sending a refund soon with no need to ship back.

Also ordered Bayonetta, Tales of Vesperia, Atelier Meruru, and Star Ocean 4 (PS3 ver) all in great condition. Overall I'm happy with the purchase & service. Nothing smells like smoke, unlike some books I'd ordered a while back from them.

curse you for scoring a free copy of xl lol then again i still need to finish 7 base and the wo series and crack open my sealed copy of 8 but still curse you

#8167 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

hoping for a percentange off sale again soon. Or free shipping. Few cheap DVDs I want to pick up.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#8168 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

shocler they sent me the paperback instead of the hardcover oh well 

#8169 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

33% Off 3 or More Used Books, Music, Movies and Games - Valid from 12/16-12/18

CODE: BUDDYTHEELF

Qualifying Titles Link

#8170 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

First post updated

#8171 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

68 dollars for a used gran turismo 6. lol....

#8172 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

got my dvd from gohastings and they sent the wrong one... dvd was 2 bucks so i guess it wouldnt be worth returning huh? if they even accept returns..

#8173 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

got my dvd from gohastings and they sent the wrong one... dvd was 2 bucks so i guess it wouldnt be worth returning huh? if they even accept returns..

They'll send you a pre paid mailing label and refund your money.

#8174 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Unless they tell you to just keep the item.

#8175 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

General policy seems to be $5 or less they let you keep.  $5 or more you have to ship back.  And that's order total, so if the value of multiple items you wish to return is over $5 then they will ask you to return, but as always YMMV. 

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#8176 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

General policy seems to be $5 or less they let you keep.  $5 or more you have to ship back.  And that's order total, so if the value of multiple items you wish to return is over $5 then they will ask you to return, but as always YMMV. 

This.

#8177 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Ordered a couple things a couple weeks ago (I think two) and I hadn't seen them in the mail yet so I tracked them and found out that GoHastings shipped them to my old address despite me deleting it from my address book on there multiple times.

Tracked them and they all said they were unavailable for delivery and they're being returned if the information is available.  Fuck There's a forward in the mail so anything delivered to that old address should be forwarded to my new address. I've gotten several envelopes in the mail so far so it works at least, but I'm not sure if it works for packages, too (they're from the same carrier).

Is there anything I can do other than wait and see? Should they be forwarded too?

I'm thinking about contacting GH to see if I can get a refund since they should be returned but the stuff I ordered doesn't show up often so I'd rather not. It was only about $12 of merchandise, but still.

Also placed an order for a couple volumes of manga. Been filling the holes in my collections slowly. Thanks for the code. (And I double checked to make sure I'm shipping it to the correct address.)

don't touch me

#8178 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

kodave pretty sure you would know this has the injustice tpb ever shown up used im not even seeing an oos listing is why i ask

#8179 fyahbwoy

fyahbwoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

LOL @ the $68 used games

#8180 MJbroken

MJbroken

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, between OOS and super-expensive used games I have a feeling gohastings is probably tapped out until next year. That's too bad, seeing as the quality of their used games in my experience has been as good or better than used GameFly titles. I know others have had problems but I've had nothing but success with the dozen or so titles I've ordered in the past 2 months.

549923.png

#8181 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

Apparently there is something called Free Shipping Day on 12/18. Hastings doesn't appear to have a coupon code live right now, but check their Facebook page later on since I suspect they might participate. If it is a separate code, it won't stack with the 33% Off.

#8182 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

Apparently there is something called Free Shipping Day on 12/18. Hastings doesn't appear to have a coupon code live right now, but check their Facebook page later on since I suspect they might participate. If it is a separate code, it won't stack with the 33% Off.

didnt we get a 30 and free deal last year for this?

#8183 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

free shipping would be nice since the stuff I want is cheap.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#8184 kobeisgod

kobeisgod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

just an fyi: some next gen games are finally not listed at ridiculously high prices making for some decent but not necessarily hot deals after 33% off when you factor shipping.  you have to buy 3 though for the current promotion

#8185 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

First post updated. This might work on games, it's hard to say. The image doesn't mention them, but the "qualifying" link does. I'll try to test it when the code is stable.

Edit: Yep it works on games, at least for now

#8186 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

What a bunch of clowns. They've apparently changed the deal from Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off to Buy 2 Get 3rd 50% Off. Why even run a sale at this point? People aren't going to get their items before Christmas most likely.

#8187 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

138665.jpg

#8188 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

The deal works on PS4 games. I ordered Need for Speed Rivals and Killzone for $30 a piece. Hopefully the order comes through. Debating ordering Battlefield 4 as well, but I think I'll hold off until all the issues with that are dealt with.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8189 guessed

guessed

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

138665.jpg

Score.  Thanks, Just ordered 3 Xbox One games, 4 PS4 games, and Rayman Legends Wii-U for $260 shipped (includes nearly 10% sales tax, and shipping is a bit high, but still a great deal). Used credit from the console trade-ins last month, when Wii-U deluxe was  trading for $240, and PS3s were trading between $180-$220 because of bonuses.

Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#8190 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

50% off is live now. It's good if you can find something you want that is in stock and not marked up by 300%.

Ex. GT6 for $30, those ps4 games for $30.