Photo
* * * * - 16 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Free $10 Giftcard with the purchase of The Evil Within game

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9136 replies to this topic

#3271 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Did they not include tracking numbers? What were the items? Books? Games?

Also, first post updated. More money spent at Hastings.

they sent me emails before with which items were sent like in each group, but I think they somehow erased themselves because when I check my email now the only hastings emails I have are ones stating thank you for your order and its a whole order confirmation. Ill have to eye it out again They are all dvds/blu rays.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#3272 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

God dammit. Got an error on the place order page. Now I dont know if it went through or not.

"Sorry! We're Working on This Page.
We're sorry. An error has occurred when attempting to process your request. Please go back and try your request again, or return at a later time."

Ive placed 2 orders now and the first I thought went through fine but I received no email. Can't check my credit card either because the cc site is down. Christ.

Edit: Well I placed the second order again now both of my orders are showing up if I check my orders under my account. So hopefully good to go.

Got:
Spoiler

All for 54.xx

#3273 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

whats the latest someone has waited for an items to ship? Gohastings sent out emails to me about 2 weeks ago saying items of mine shipped and Im still waiting on some of the items.

I've had items get lost by USPS a few times before. If that's the case, you'll have to call up the post office and most likely the items will be sent back to Hastings and you'll receive a refund.

#3274 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

God dammit. Got an error on the place order page. Now I dont know if it went through or not.

"Sorry! We're Working on This Page.

We're sorry. An error has occurred when attempting to process your request. Please go back and try your request again, or return at a later time."

Ive placed 2 orders now and the first I thought went through fine but I received no email. Can't check my credit card either because the cc site is down. Christ.

I've had this happen a few times before and I've always received an email if my order went through. Though that's not to say that the site couldn't have messed up this time.

#3275 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

theres also a 40% off used cds... if anyone still buys those

#3276 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

they sent me emails before with which items were sent like in each group, but I think they somehow erased themselves because when I check my email now the only hastings emails I have are ones stating thank you for your order and its a whole order confirmation. Ill have to eye it out again They are all dvds/blu rays.

The completed orders sometimes are actually canceled order notices, because Hastings has a small glitch on their website that doesn't tell you if parts of your orders are canceled until the order has been completed.

Usually when your order has been shipped, the tracking number will be included, so if you didn't see any tracking number included in your email from Hasting for the completed order, make sure to see if it's listed as "Canceled" in the order or if it actually says "Shipped". "Completed Order" does not automatically mean it has shipped. Best way to do it too is to check on the website to check your order manually from there, and it'll tell you what's shipped and what's not.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3277 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

The completed orders sometimes are actually canceled order notices, because Hastings has a small glitch on their website that doesn't tell you if parts of your orders are canceled until the order has been completed.

Usually when your order has been shipped, the tracking number will be included, so if you didn't see any tracking number included in your email from Hasting for the completed order, make sure to see if it's listed as "Canceled" in the order or if it actually says "Shipped". "Completed Order" does not automatically mean it has shipped. Best way to do it too is to check on the website to check your order manually from there, and it'll tell you what's shipped and what's not.

I've done this. Only like 3 items were cancelled, and I wasn't including those. Everything else says it has shipped. I even went through the hassle of ordering my canceled dvds off srcondspin for like double price just so I could have complete series.....well some good that did. I'm still missing volumes and seasons of series I ordered because I haven't received everything from Hastings. If there was a mailing error hopefully they can just resend it. And I can't find a shipping order number since my orders were broken down and shipped from multiple locations. I did email them yesterday so hoping they can sort this out.

Edit: figured out how to look up the shipping confirmations. Looks like the DVDs I still need were shipped in two orders. One says it arrived at my house on the 12th. The other says nothing of its location, just that electronic confirmation was received on the 5th. Ugggghh

Edited by FlamedLiquid, 23 July 2012 - 12:05 AM.

rm8ylt.gif

#3278 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

theres also a 40% off used cds... if anyone still buys those

I thought about it but then realized that 2.B.A Master is the only CD I'll ever need.

#3279 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

i wish with manga there wouldnt be instances where its just the name of the manga and no image available so you cant figure out which volume it is

#3280 DemiFiendRSA

DemiFiendRSA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

i wish with manga there wouldnt be instances where its just the name of the manga and no image available so you cant figure out which volume it is

Google the ISBN number that is on the description and you should be able to see what volume it is.
Save $5 off your first purchase at glyde.com

#3281 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

I thought about it but then realized that 2.B.A Master is the only CD I'll ever need.

The track listing for that is Spanish (even on the English CD piece) on the GoHastings site. Thought it'd be worth the hilarity for less than $3 shipped, but...
-Michael

Posted Image

#3282 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

My DC and Marvel encyclopedias have shipped.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3283 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

My DC and Marvel encyclopedias have shipped.

Thanks for the update!

#3284 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Google the ISBN number that is on the description and you should be able to see what volume it is.

yeah i figured that out im just worried when they get the order they send me a bunch of vol.1s and dont even look at the isbn

#3285 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

yeah i figured that out im just worried when they get the order they send me a bunch of vol.1s and dont even look at the isbn

You'll be fine, I've ordered books in the past that had different pictures than what they really should have been and was always sent what was described in the details section.

#3286 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the sarcasm!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3287 kodave

kodave

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

You'll be fine, I've ordered books in the past that had different pictures than what they really should have been and was always sent what was described in the details section.

If you order a series of books and they ship from the same location you'll probably be alright. Otherwise all bets are off. Hastings employees seem to only check the SKU from the invoice against the product they grab on the shelf about half the time. The other half is "Same title? Close enough." and ship it off to you.

#3288 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

So, like a few others here, the GoHastings site won't take my card for some reason. For those who have had issues, what did you do to resolve the problem? I've cleared the history and cookies but that didn't do anything.

#3289 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

So, like a few others here, the GoHastings site won't take my card for some reason. For those who have had issues, what did you do to resolve the problem? I've cleared the history and cookies but that didn't do anything.

when I has this problem, I used a different card afterwards. If that's not doable for you, dunno.

rm8ylt.gif

#3290 kodave

kodave

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

Call them.

#3291 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

Just bought 3 more BR movies:
All BR: Top Gun, Braveheart & Godfather Collection for $32 final

My last orders have arrived w/ all the proper versions of the BR & DVD movies (13 of them) except Ferris Bueller which I got the old DVD version and I sent them an email and they just told me to keep it and they refunded me the $2.XX that it cost me.

This past year between games and movies I have probably bought more than 50+ movies and games from them really easy w/ no real issues and great prices.

For the person that is having issues w/ their card you can also sent them a msj through CS and fb which is what I did when it happened to me a couple of months back and they fixed it the same day.

#3292 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

Finally got a Star Wars: Complete Saga for $45. Good deal IMO. worst case I sell on ebay in a few weeks after watching it all and still get my money back
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3293 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

I went back and forth with the GoHastings rep that frequents CAG for over a week without finding a concrete solution to this. Eventually, it just ended up working, but I still have the issue every now and then.

This is random, but it may be worth a try. I find that when the site gives me an error, I simply delete all the fields (name, credit card number, etc) and retype them. It works after that, for some reason.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3294 kodave

kodave

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

Ugh...

Please review errors highlighted below in red.
Transaction failed. Please try again later.

I have a feeling by the time the shopping cart wants to accept my payment the prices on my items will have changed drastically.

#3295 Blinddog

Blinddog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

I wish the website worked right now.

#3296 kodave

kodave

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

I wish the website worked right now.

Same here. Best not be after what I'm after!

#3297 Blinddog

Blinddog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Same here. Best not be after what I'm after!

I hope you arent after my graphic novel hardcovers!

#3298 kodave

kodave

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

I hope you arent after my graphic novel hardcovers!

Quite possibly. Looks like it's a good old fashioned race, once the damn site is taking orders.

#3299 kodave

kodave

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

And it just took my order.

#3300 Blinddog

Blinddog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

There went the Dragon Age guide.
Still not taking my order.
"Sorry. We are working on this page" nonsense