Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Fri. Only - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition - Wii U - Used - $12.27 shipped

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9043 replies to this topic

#6781 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I got Absolute Dark Victory in today and was happy to see that it came in a box wrapped in bubbled wrap. The book is in pretty great condition do, with the exception of a few minor dings on the slipcase.

Was that the used copy that popped up?

I'm jealous you got a box.

#6782 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Was that the used copy that popped up?

I'm jealous you got a box.

Yeah, it was from about a week ago. I was worried that it wouldn't come with a slipcase, but figured I'd just return it if it didn't. Luckily, I don't have to worry about that.

#6783 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Buy 2 get 2 more for $2 on used books, cds, and movies.

Use code "GOPHIL".

Valid until 02/02/13.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6784 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

Not valid on graphic novels or games... basically what 90% of this thread buys.

Thanks, Hastings.

Actually, there are some graphic novels it works on, but nothing really good. It seems to be good on only half of their inventory and it looks like the slower moving stuff.

#6785 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, I saw the deal go up earlier and found absolutely nothing I wanted that was part of the sale - not even some random CDs I've been looking for.

But hey, I found a copy of Apocalyptica's Plays Metallica by Four Cellos for a little over $4. It'd been OOS for a while, so that made my random visit to the site worthwhile.

Don't judge me.

#6786 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Who would? Apocalyptica is awesome.

#6787 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

man, thats one of the worst promotions yet. Its hard enough to find 2 similarly priced items, but 4? Best case scenario its only ~25% off each item and you have to buy four things, but chances are you wind up with more like ~10-15%....

#6788 Ekcipher

Ekcipher

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

I saw the red dead redemption goty edition for 9.83, somone better nab it.

#6789 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

weird how the hell did this post end up here

#6790 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

I think the blu-ray selection is the most hilarious as 50% of everything they put up on the list were already out of stock, and not as a result from somebody else ordering them for the sale, lol. I really wish they would do some sort of an active title adding of things people can actually buy, instead of random adding titles that aren't even in stock. It seems to be a bigger and bigger issue as of late, or at least that's what I've been noticing. Before it was just really low stock, now it's just no stock.
Posted Image

#6791 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

I just got my Mafia 2 CE PS3 from them and it's the most damaged item I've ever got in shipping. I purchased it on amazon but the seller was gohastings so I don't want to make a claim since I been making too many complaints on amazon lately. Also the price I paid was really good.

Any way they didn't even ship it in a bubbler. It was just thin plastic. Even before opening it I felt something was wrong when feeling the game case through the bag and felt hollow parts. The bottom of the casing busted out and the contents were ready to fall out . The contents are mint condition new but the slip cover busted out on the bottom and need to be glued back together other wise you can't use it. It also has a bunch of cracks all along the botton side of the plastic slip cover.

The only reason I'm not going to return/exchange is it only cost $7.98 shipped.

Overall I'm happy because I got in on a clearance/glitch deal that very few people got in on. However packaging for shipping is horrible I would be very leery about ordering any kind of CE/LE from them. Unless I get a extreme deal, I will probably never order anything that isn't a vanilla version in a regular hard plastic case.

I'm literally about to go glue the slip cover back together otherwise you can't put the stuff back in without it falling out when you hold it. End of rant.

I'm debating whether or not to leave bad packaging feedback.

Edited by needler420, 01 February 2013 - 07:52 PM.

needler420.png

#6792 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

I just got my Mafia 2 CE PS3 from them and it's the most damaged item I've ever got in shipping. I purchased it on amazon but the seller was gohastings so I don't want to make a claim since I been making too many complaints on amazon lately. Also the price I paid was really good.

Any way they didn't even ship it in a bubbler. It was just thin plastic. Even before opening it I felt something was wrong when feeling the game case through the bag and felt hollow parts. The bottom of the casing busted out and the contents were ready to fall out . The contents are mint condition new but the slip cover busted out on the bottom and need to be glued back together other wise you can't use it. It also has a bunch of cracks all along the botton side of the plastic slip cover.

The only reason I'm not going to return/exchange is it only cost $7.98 shipped.

Overall I'm happy because I got in on a clearance/glitch deal that very few people got in on. However packaging for shipping is horrible I would be very leery about ordering any kind of CE/LE from them. Unless I get a extreme deal, I will probably never order anything that isn't a vanilla version in a regular hard plastic case.

I'm literally about to go glue the slip cover back together otherwise you can't put the stuff back in without it falling out when you hold it. End of rant.

I'm debating whether or not to leave bad packaging feedback.

Amazon is super buyer friendly, especially against Marketplace Sellers who often do poor jobs or straight up scam jobs with item quality, description, and shipping. Leave bad packaging feedback and bad general feedback. Hastings has to learn - the problem with their shipping is beyond the terrible polybags.

#6793 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Had a Vita game, a 360 game, and a book arrive crammed into the same poly mailer today. Pleasantly surprised to see that the only casualty was the green case.

Hopefully that's the last one of those that I'll ever see.

#6794 lst0227

lst0227

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

ordered four games from 40% off before, got only three, tracking shows it's all delivered, package has no receipt in it...

#6795 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

i think they just moved all the polybags to a box that says use these for amazon seriously 6 orders this week 5 polybags and the 6th game had a fake case manufactured by some pawn shop

#6796 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

man, thats one of the worst promotions yet. Its hard enough to find 2 similarly priced items, but 4? Best case scenario its only ~25% off each item and you have to buy four things, but chances are you wind up with more like ~10-15%....

I'm not ordering with this promo, as there isn't anything higher priced I want right now, but the discount actually approaches 50%, not 25%, as you get two items for $1 each. If you got four $20 items, for example, you'd pay $42.

#6797 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

So I ordered a book from Gohastings December 24th and apparently USPS lost it for over a month. I just finally got it today.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#6798 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Dear lord. I wonder what shape my missing books would come in, if they ever manage to find them and send them my way.

#6799 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Looks like the Dead Space 2 price isn't live just yet.

3 for $21 on used books. I would have liked another $5 for $25 but I couldn't pass up a few graphic novels they had in stock.

The B2G1 Free on new paperback books $9.99 and less appears to not be glitched (aka working properly). So no sick deals on books that I can see.

#6800 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

So I ordered a book from Gohastings December 24th and apparently USPS lost it for over a month. I just finally got it today.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yeah man. I got a hardcover Saga of the Swamp Thing, book five, bent in half from top to bottom. It was like $4 so I didn't complain because I didn't want to return it and I'm not concerned with its collectability.

If you want my copy of Rebirth, you can have it for the cost of shipping, though. I rolled my eyes all the way through that one =/

#6801 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Yeah man. I got a hardcover Saga of the Swamp Thing, book five, bent in half from top to bottom. It was like $4 so I didn't complain because I didn't want to return it and I'm not concerned with its collectability.

If you want my copy of Rebirth, you can have it for the cost of shipping, though. I rolled my eyes all the way through that one =/

I think if its under $5 they just give you a refund without needing you to return it.

#6802 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I appreciate it, but after three weeks I decided to just rebuy it from Amazon. I'm trying to read through Green Lantern and of course the first thing to read didn't come. I had 7 various GL and GL Corps trades that I couldn't even read. So I said screw it and bought it and got it the next day with free shipping option. Thanks
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#6803 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Rebirth was a masterful exercise in retcon and tying together stray plot threads from over many many years to get to a new status quo without a straight up reset. (If only the New 52 came sooner!) Beyond that though, it's not that interesting of a story unless you're a diehard GL fan.

#6804 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Rebirth was a masterful exercise in retcon and tying together stray plot threads from over many many years to get to a new status quo without a straight up reset. (If only the New 52 came sooner!) Beyond that though, it's not that interesting of a story unless you're a diehard GL fan.

When looking at reading orders for Green Lantern, pretty much all of the ones I found have Rebirth as the first to read. Having no knowledge of any Green Lantern and starting there I found it a bit confusing. It seem to drop you into the middle of something. They did explain a few bits, but it felt like I missed
a book.

Posted Image

#6805 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Any info on codes to use for clearance items or one that is gonna come soon or shipping discount? I want to buy a clearance item, but shipping actually costs more than the item lol.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#6806 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

When looking at reading orders for Green Lantern, pretty much all of the ones I found have Rebirth as the first to read. Having no knowledge of any Green Lantern and starting there I found it a bit confusing. It seem to drop you into the middle of something. They did explain a few bits, but it felt like I missed
a book.

Yeah Rebirth is generally given as the first book to read for the modern Green Lantern stories by Geoff Johns since he basically "reset" things in the Green Lantern corner of the universe. I guess you could skip Rebirth and just try to read whatever comes next (I've only read Rebirth), but I don't know if people still hold things against Hal Jordan because of the past. And I don't think there's really one good book to read about Green Lantern to fill you in on all of Hal's time as Green Lantern to Parallax to Spectre. Wikipedia might be your best bet to get caught up if you're still confused by some of the stuff in Rebirth. And if Rebirth wasn't your cup of tea, don't track down "Green Lantern: Legacy - The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan." It revisits a ton of obscure things in Hal Jordan's past and there's no pay off unless you're a hardcore Green Lantern/Hal Jordan fan. Geoff Johns did write "Green Lantern: Secret Origin" that I'm sure is somewhere in the modern reading order, but I think that's just about the origins, not about the other stuff from the past that may have been confusing in Rebirth.

Any info on codes to use for clearance items or one that is gonna come soon or shipping discount? I want to buy a clearance item, but shipping actually costs more than the item lol.

I think once or twice they've offered a code for Free Shipping on clearance items, or maybe even a Discount + Free Shipping. You can check the second post to see when they've offered such a code in the past. But considering the current code they have out there is for 75% off certain clearance items in the Trends department, I doubt they will offer any better deal this week. Even if they offer a Free Shipping code, you can't stack it with the 75% off code, so you'd have to think about which code gets it to you for the cheapest. They generally charge shipping costs by weight for the Trends and Electronics departments instead of the flat fees like in Books/Movies/Music/Games, so it can add up sometimes.

#6807 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

I think once or twice they've offered a code for Free Shipping on clearance items, or maybe even a Discount + Free Shipping. You can check the second post to see when they've offered such a code in the past. But considering the current code they have out there is for 75% off certain clearance items in the Trends department, I doubt they will offer any better deal this week. Even if they offer a Free Shipping code, you can't stack it with the 75% off code, so you'd have to think about which code gets it to you for the cheapest. They generally charge shipping costs by weight for the Trends and Electronics departments instead of the flat fees like in Books/Movies/Music/Games, so it can add up sometimes.

Thanks kodave, yeah I noticed the special on those specific sections. Mine does not apply to those items though so another code would work and wanted to see if anyone has heard anything for a possible next sale. I don't need the item stat, but the price is good if the shipping goes down a little bit. 8-)

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#6808 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks kodave, yeah I noticed the special on those specific sections. Mine does not apply to those items though so another code would work and wanted to see if anyone has heard anything for a possible next sale. I don't need the item stat, but the price is good if the shipping goes down a little bit. 8-)

Just keep an eye out for a free shipping code then. Those usually tend to pop up as like 1 or 2 day sales rather than week long promotions. They also like to announce those types of promotions via Facebook so that might be where the info would hit first.

#6809 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yeah Rebirth is generally given as the first book to read for the modern Green Lantern stories by Geoff Johns since he basically "reset" things in the Green Lantern corner of the universe. I guess you could skip Rebirth and just try to read whatever comes next (I've only read Rebirth), but I don't know if people still hold things against Hal Jordan because of the past.

Ha, it comics of course people are still pissed at him! That's actually a bit of a subplot that runs through the first few trades of the Johns series. While Rebirth does kinda drop you in the middle of things, it's really the best starting point for the series unless you want to track down the J.M. Dematteis Spectre series that starred Hal, which I wouldn't recommend. Like Kodave mentioned, just read a wiki on Hal Jordan to get the background needed for Rebirth and you'll be fine.

#6810 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

got the refund on the amazon marketplace order that came w a fake case

was a little suprised they gave me the keep it email as it's around 7-9 depending on sale on their website