Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Fri. Only - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition - Wii U - Used - $12.27 shipped

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9043 replies to this topic

#6811 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Got a few things in the mail today. My Eden of the East Blu-ray case is destroyed at the bottom and my Batman: Gotham Knight Blu-ray case is absolutely filthy. It's covered in a disgusting, sticky grime. I don't even want to touch it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6812 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Ha, it comics of course people are still pissed at him! That's actually a bit of a subplot that runs through the first few trades of the Johns series. While Rebirth does kinda drop you in the middle of things, it's really the best starting point for the series unless you want to track down the J.M. Dematteis Spectre series that starred Hal, which I wouldn't recommend. Like Kodave mentioned, just read a wiki on Hal Jordan to get the background needed for Rebirth and you'll be fine.

By the end of Rebirth I felt I had a decent grasp of what was going on. I'm currently reading To Be A Lantern. I kind of enjoy the GL Corps title a bit more than the Hal Jordan GL title.
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#6813 Zantetzuken

Zantetzuken

Essence of Backlog Finishing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Binary Domain (New) - $12.27 shipped

Playstation 3 & Xbox 360

#6814 Gycot

Gycot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

By the end of Rebirth I felt I had a decent grasp of what was going on. I'm currently reading To Be A Lantern. I kind of enjoy the GL Corps title a bit more than the Hal Jordan GL title.

Agreed. Corps has SLIGHTLY less focus on massive events, but adds a lot more emphasis on how the characters interact with each other.
Gy's game "All the Bad Parts" is available now on Xbox Live!
http://marketplace.x...15-d80258550946

#6815 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Awwww. I saw this thread bumped and was hoping there was some new codes. I sure would like one for used books. 5 for $25 or 40% off would be nice. I know I missed these recently, but now the stuff I want is back in stock. It seems like they often do a code on Thursday or Friday, so here's hoping...

#6816 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

El Shaddai (New) - $12.27 shipped

Xbox 360 only

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#6817 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Updated briefly - don't see any real sales on games this week.

#6818 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Maybe they're finally letting their inventory bulk back up.

#6819 rockykai

rockykai

Must not mention Smash...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Maybe they're finally letting their inventory bulk back up.

They are also increasing the price (well, they did about a week ago) of some of their items by about 10% or so.

:applause:...OK not really but it's how they work.

#6820 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

This is really hard on my GH addiction but it's probably for the best. My wallet is happy at least. :D

Here's hoping they do have a coupon code soon to help me scratch my itch.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6821 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

I got several packages over the weekend from the 3 for $21 deal. All arrived in bubble mailers in good shape. Nice to not see any poly bags. Also got a rare War of Kings HC but it didn't qualify for the 3 for $21, but it was still a good deal at $20.

#6822 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Is it just me or have they not ran a big sale in quite a while? It's nice that they're building some inventory again, but I'm getting kind of anxious for a sale.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6823 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

WTH happened to Gohastings' inventory, there is nothing in stock? 3/4 of my wish list is OoS :cry:
Posted Image

#6824 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

WTH happened to Gohastings' inventory, there is nothing in stock? 3/4 of my wish list is OoS :cry:

lots of stores closing up shop

#6825 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

3/4 of my wishlist is always OOS.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6826 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Is this true?

#6827 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

THE END IS COMING. *explodes*

I hope the company's not doing badly. Their deals have been pretty amazing (and my only regret is that I just found out about them in April of last year).

#6828 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

They seem to be closing a number of stores, but it's not massive or even "a lot." Stock being low probably has to do with all of the sales they've had recently, rather than there being less stores to receive trade ins.

I'd wager have a limited time pop up sale or free shipping or something via Facebook this week, if they have anything. Valentines Day seems to be a good excuse for a promotion of some kind.

#6829 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

They seem to be closing a number of stores, but it's not massive or even "a lot." Stock being low probably has to do with all of the sales they've had recently, rather than there being less stores to receive trade ins.

I'd wager have a limited time pop up sale or free shipping or something via Facebook this week, if they have anything. Valentines Day seems to be a good excuse for a promotion of some kind.

i counted like 5 or 6 different stores that people were begging for them to keep open on facebook the past week all in different regions so i do think there is cause for concern

#6830 RayBay

RayBay

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

WEHEARTYOU

33% off when you buy 3 Used Books, CDs or Movies

Excludes Game and Graphic Novels

:cry:

#6831 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Graphic novels make up the bulk of what I buy on Hastings, just ahead of Blu-rays so that's a little disheartening, but I'll scour around to see if there's anything worth buying. If things are still at the prices they were earlier, I'll be passing on this sale.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6832 Nilbog

Nilbog

is Goblin backwards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

I might be wrong, but is this the first code that's "xx% off books" that specifically says it excludes graphic novels? I really hope this isn't a trend...

#6833 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. They used to be open to everything except for previously played games and now they tend to exclude games altogether.

#6834 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

i counted like 5 or 6 different stores that people were begging for them to keep open on facebook the past week all in different regions so i do think there is cause for concern

Uh... What? Its Flagstaff and Mcminnville that are closing sometime soon. Two stores. That's what Ctrl+F finds me when searching for "clos" as well as "shut" in addition to my own cursory browsing. I'd be delighted to see where these other stores are that you've counted in the last week alone. People often complain about stores that closed years ago, but that's nothing new.

They've slowly been closing stores for the past few years, but its just some here and there and not massive closings. The two stores above aren't much to worry about.

The company isn't doing great and hasn't for years. None of the book stores or "big box" stores like Best Buy have been, and Hastings is basically a bit of both, except they're in less profitable regions. The shares for Hastings were a bit more stable last time I checked from when it had been down in the dumps for a bit. Hastings is trying to expand the types of products they offer to find different niches to stay afloat, so maybe they'll be successful with that and keep more stores afloat.

I might be wrong, but is this the first code that's "xx% off books" that specifically says it excludes graphic novels? I really hope this isn't a trend...

No, a recent promotion had that exclusion too. It is definitely a trend now. I'm guessing games and graphic novels are their top sellers or at least have the biggest profit margin potentials for them, so they'll want to give games and graphic novels lesser or fewer discounts since the items move on their own well enough. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was helping push those graphic novel sales since that seems to be half of the discussion here (and I admit I contribute a lot to that!).

#6835 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

I find it very curious that nearly every item (used books) in my wish list jumped by 10-20% overnight when WEHEARTYOU went live. There are also several items that went out of stock at the same time, but that's a little more understandable since others may have been waiting for a code like me.

#6836 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I find it very curious that nearly every item (used books) in my wish list jumped by 10-20% overnight when WEHEARTYOU went live. There are also several items that went out of stock at the same time, but that's a little more understandable since others may have been waiting for a code like me.

I noticed that all the used manga on my wishlist that were at $2.20 went up to $2.46. That was around ten different books. Looking at the graphic novel section by lowest price, they seem to have gotten rid of the $2.20 price point and raised it to $2.46 across the board. Not sure how it affects higher priced stuff, though.

I think that rather than raising prices for the sale, they may just keep their pricing this way in general. Only time will tell, though.

#6837 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

none of the prices on the items on my wishlist jumped at all, unfortunately even with 33% off it didnt reach a price point i was willing to buy any of it. Oh well, more money saved.

#6838 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

after code my cart totaled 20 bucks now its 27 bucks sigh

#6839 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Just a heads up to everybody, but Hastings is having some problems with the code currently with items that have been restocked, and not correctly discounting at final checkout even though it shows it before you check out when you apply the code in your cart. As long as all the items are qualified just call up Hastings and let them know of the issue, and they will adjust it after all the items have shipped, but they need to open a ticket for you first, so make sure to let them know now.
Posted Image

#6840 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

All the used book prices on my wishlist (some graphic novels, some not) also went up, although I think it wasn't at midnight last night, but the night before. Normally it only seems to fluctuate on individual items, not go up across the board. As long as they don't charge shipping per book, I'm still in, though maybe more selective.