Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Fri. Only - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition - Wii U - Used - $12.27 shipped

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9043 replies to this topic

#241 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Guess it is time to build my wish list back up. Thx op

#242 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

argh, I wish they didn't have all those sales at once. the site is going to flatline

#243 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

argh, I wish they didn't have all those sales at once. the site is going to flatline

Just have your cart pre-loaded and be ready to go at midnight central time, then bam, order and contribute to the server crash!

#244 cat_tango

cat_tango

I love Atlus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Hastings B&M has 50% off all used wireless Xbox 360 controllers for today and tomorrow (9/7 to 9/8). Could be a good deal, even though I have 5 360 controllers. All different colors, even. ;p

#245 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

It is official the 96 cent shipping continues this week.

#246 onlysublime

onlysublime

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

I got Modern Warfare 2 for the 360 for $12 and got the cheap shipping. Yes, I'm a cheap-ass gamer...

#247 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:35 AM

As before, I am most excited for the book sale. As in, I'm really super excited.

#248 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Think I'm gonna wait for the 25% deal. Question: does gohastings used games come with the original case?

#249 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

In store they do. We didn't accept games without cases. The booklets may not be there but you had to have the case. I don't know about online, though.

#250 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:56 AM

Think I'm gonna wait for the 25% deal. Question: does gohastings used games come with the original case?

Read the first post of the thread. There is a FAQ. Welcome to CAG.

#251 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

As before, I am most excited for the book sale. As in, I'm really super excited.

I've got 15-20 books lined up again. My mail carrier will continue to be unhappy.

#252 supershammy

supershammy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

Hey guys, looks like Hastings changed the upcoming deals a bit. The images linked on the last page are different than before: The book sale is now only 30% off, DVDs are 30% off, Blus are 20% off. Costumes and games are the same.

#253 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

In store they do. We didn't accept games without cases. The booklets may not be there but you had to have the case. I don't know about online, though.

Read the first post of the thread. There is a FAQ. Welcome to CAG.

Thanks for the replies, guess it's a roll of dice.

#254 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

Hey guys, looks like Hastings changed the upcoming deals a bit. The images linked on the last page are different than before: The book sale is now only 30% off, DVDs are 30% off, Blus are 20% off. Costumes and games are the same.

Damn it. That is disappoint.

Its like someone comes up with a good sales percentage and then before it launches, someone higher up is like "eh... not quite" and changes it.

#255 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

I got my Alpha Protocol for PS3 today. Awesome condition. Its times like these that I almost miss working there. (Almost. :|)

#256 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

Wow, most hardcover books on my wishlist that were $3.49 to ~$5 are now all over $8 overnight. With next week's sale only being 30% off, no way I'm ordering any of these now. Damn you Hastings.

#257 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

Yeah. I was going to order some guides but they raised the prices 2 nights ago. I"ll just wait for the next 40% off sale. I'm hoping that the prices go back to "normal".

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#258 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

I know people always bitch about price hiking prior to video game sales, but there is always a lot of evidence to the contrary. But this was a bit much with the hardcover books. It wasn't just some hardcover books, and other books didn't decrease in price... All my hardcovers shot up so there are no real deals to be had. I think the only thing staying low in price are some paperback graphic novels I'm watching. Hastings is a business and it has a right to charge whatever they want and raise prices, but this seems rather lame.

The video games on my watch list seem to have stayed the same, and actually some DVDs went down in price so I ordered them with this shipping code because they'd be cheaper than with 30% off. But I guess Hastings figured they were losing money on shipping many of us hardcover books for ~$2 total. :(

#259 Azail

Azail

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the replies, guess it's a roll of dice.

The B&M stores are the ones that take in the used product and they are also the ones that ship out a most of the used product. Assuming that all of the stores are abiding by the same rules, then you should get a case at the very least. The store that I know of did not accept games unless the disc looked reasonable (could be buffed to eliminate the scratches) and the game had a case and booklet, but it appears that some stores are not as strict about the quality of trade-ins as others are.

So you are correct that it is a roll of the dice, but you are at least guaranteed a case with the game. If you have a B&M store nearby that may be your best bet for getting a case and manual. As a side note, when shipping the games out, the clerks will check the games to ensure that they are not excessively scratched before they send them out. So at least you don't have to worry too much about getting a game that is beyond playable.

#260 supershammy

supershammy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

Not just hardcovers, ALL used book prices went up. I had about 6 books in my wish list that were 3.49, now the lowest price in my wishlist is is 4.25 and most of the books in my wishlist (old paperbacks) are 6.99 and up. Pretty bummed about that.

#261 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

Got my first GoHastings order earlier in the week (hectic week) and I was less than happy. I ordered Crisis Core and Metal Gear Ac!d. I received Final Fantasy for PSP and the MGA I ordered was missing the manual (damn, but meh) and more importantly, it looks like somebody wiped off a dirty counter with the UMD.

76561198003985248.png

#262 Artificial Idiot

Artificial Idiot

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

Prepping to buy some stuff on goHastings but a book I want to get has 2 variations, UK-A and UK-B format, what's the difference?
Yup

#263 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

Prepping to buy some stuff on goHastings but a book I want to get has 2 variations, UK-A and UK-B format, what's the difference?

I think it's the size. UK-A is a small-sized mass market paperback, and UK-B is more along the lines of a softcover trade paperback. UK-C is the biggest.

#264 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

Code is live.

Thanks for the code OP.

Forza 4 for around $40 and Gears 3 limited edition $50 are available.

Picked up Dark Souls for PS3.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#265 supershammy

supershammy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

it's true, the code is live. It is, indeed, 30% off used books. oh well, some are worth it!

#266 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

Got my first GoHastings order earlier in the week (hectic week) and I was less than happy. I ordered Crisis Core and Metal Gear Ac!d. I received Final Fantasy for PSP and the MGA I ordered was missing the manual (damn, but meh) and more importantly, it looks like somebody wiped off a dirty counter with the UMD.

Of all the games I've bought from them, the PSP games always seem to be in worse condition.

#267 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

Damn, why in the hell is Batman Arkham Asylum still +$20? It's been out for 2 years!
Posted Image

#268 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Also, $34.86 for Spider-Man Edge of Time (on XB360) is pretty decent.
Posted Image

#269 sevenInfin

sevenInfin

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

Thanks OP! Just picked up Alice and Monopoly Streets for $40 using the new code.

#270 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

Updated the OP. Looks like they took the Blu-ray discount out all together. Grabbed a couple of DVDs for some family members. Don't think I'll be bothering with many if any books or games, but we'll see as the week progresses.