gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9102 replies to this topic

#4171 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

What are the chances that everyone is going to have a different experience, but the general sentiment regarding completeness of games can be found in the FAQ?

I loled.

Anyone else tired of the "OMFG MY SHIT CAME ALL SHITTY LIKE I BETTER GET MY $2 BACK" sentiments? Its called customer service. Call it, ask for a refund, and then if that doesnt work is when the real, valid complaints would come in. Its like someone who leaves a negative on amazon marketplace for receiving an item that was damaged in shipping without ever contacting the seller about it... do you really want your money back or do you just want to complain because you are a miserable bastard?

#4172 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

I loled.

Anyone else tired of the "OMFG MY SHIT CAME ALL SHITTY LIKE I BETTER GET MY $2 BACK" sentiments? Its called customer service. Call it, ask for a refund, and then if that doesnt work is when the real, valid complaints would come in. Its like someone who leaves a negative on amazon marketplace for receiving an item that was damaged in shipping without ever contacting the seller about it... do you really want your money back or do you just want to complain because you are a miserable bastard?

I really do think we have some budding authors here with the flair for the overdramatic.

I should revise my original post. My Splatterhouse case was not broken a little during shipping, instead IT LOOKED LIKE A DINOSAUR STOMPED ON IT AND THEN VIOLATED IT AND THE GAVE IT TO A ROBOT TO FURTHER VIOLATE IT AND THEN DROPPED IT FROM THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING AND THEN ROLLED OVER IT WITH A STEAM ROLLER AND THEN TOOK A JACKHAMMER TO IT OMG!!!!!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4173 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

anyone have a link to the first class return label? Just contacted them about returning 2 games that were cracked and they gave me a media mail return label, which you arent supposed to use for games.

#4174 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

This happened with an e-reader I ordered from Sears once... got a wiimote instead with someone else's invoice... it was an awful hassle to get it sorted out, but gohastings has much better CS than Sears so you should get your issue fixed much easier.

Just called them a little while ago. I will be getting my refund, maybe so as mr. jennings too lol. I asked them why not just send me a shipping label to the correct addressee instead of sending it back to your warehouse, she gave a response but i have forgot what it was after i took a nap lol. Damn i wanted my book instead of refund, i don't think i will ever get it that cheap again.

Got my oblivion :ps3:, Its kinda unusual that the case is so beat up and the disc is spotless.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#4175 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

One of my games from the sale last week arrived, and the disc is defective (looks like someone bought it used at GameStop before trading it into Hastings - no wonder it doesn't work). Emailing CS to see if I have to return it or if maybe I can get a replacement ( - a miracle).

#4176 foster1887

foster1887

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

I remember when these buy 2 get one for a $1 used to be more popular. Oh well. Still picked up modern warfare 3, max payne 3 and battlefield 3 limited edition all for the 360 for only $60. Hard to beat that deal!

#4177 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

anyone have a link to the first class return label? Just contacted them about returning 2 games that were cracked and they gave me a media mail return label, which you arent supposed to use for games.

Weird they even did media mail for you considering they're games. Doesn't even make sense if it was overweight since it doesn't qualify, lol. Should be going back parcel if it was too heavy, but yeah, there is no link for a first class label if they don't provide you with one.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#4178 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

I remember when these buy 2 get one for a $1 used to be more popular.

It's less popular because just last week they had 25% Off w/ 80 Cent shipping, which was actually a better deal than 30-40% off depending on the price point of your game. Plus 30% offs are pretty common, and depending on what you buy, B2G1$1 is only a few percent higher, at best. Plus they tend to run 33% offs from time to time, where you only need to buy one game.

And just this past weekend they had buy 3 get 30% off and buy 4 get 40% off, so people probably got better 40% off deals.

So yeah... people had like 8 days to get better deals than this. I'm not sure what Hastings' thought process was on spacing out these promotions.

#4179 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

Weird they even did media mail for you considering they're games. Doesn't even make sense if it was overweight since it doesn't qualify, lol. Should be going back parcel if it was too heavy, but yeah, there is no link for a first class label if they don't provide you with one.

yeah, makes no sense. Its just a standard return label, theres no RMA or anything on it. Figured the 1st class was the same and someone could just upload it somewhere.

#4180 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

yeah, makes no sense. Its just a standard return label, theres no RMA or anything on it. Figured the 1st class was the same and someone could just upload it somewhere.

Yeah, it's a hassle, but just contact them again. They are used to books, CDs, DVDs, which all qualify for media mail so they probably just are confused (the CSR at least).

Edit:
Out of curiousity I checked my mailers and I got 3 sent First Class, 1 sent Priority (?), and 1 sent Medial Mail (?).

These poly mailers blow.

They do. I imagine it's a cost cutting measure to provide cheaper shipping, but with these eco cases I do hope they rethink their strategy because newer game cases are not made to withstand much at all.

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 30 August 2012 - 06:14 AM.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4181 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

These poly mailers blow.

#4182 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

They do. I imagine it's a cost cutting measure to provide cheaper shipping, but with these eco cases I do hope they rethink their strategy because newer game cases are not made to withstand much at all.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=3836

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#4183 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=3836

Thanks for the info. Cool for CS to be up front about things like that. I remember I used to buy a lot of CDs from GH and they always used to come in bubble mailers. I still hope they reconsider bubble mailers for DVDs and Games. At least the poly mailers protect from the elements. I've had artists ship me CDs in plain yellow paper envelopes and they always either come crushed or torn.

#4184 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Well, got 3 of the 4 things I ordered from the last sale, all look like they're in good condition, and tracking number from the 4th suggests I should get the other thing today or tomorrow. Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga even came with an unopened soundtrack CD, so that's nice.

More optimistic than I was about Naughty Bear correctly being the Gold Edition, as it just appeared on my order confirmation as "Naughty Bear" but appeared as the "Gold Edition" when it shipped, so here's to hoping there are no return troubles...

Edit: Oh good, it's right.

Edited by Skydude, 30 August 2012 - 10:34 PM.
Update

Posted Image

#4185 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

Just received PS3 Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY that I ordered on Sunday for $4.19 (plus tax and shipping). It looks almost brand new. Fast shipping, great price, and great product. Very pleased.

#4186 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Got my copy of Everblue 2 PS2 and Fate/Extra PSP in today from the $4.98 sale. Fate/Extra looked unplayed, and Everblue 2 was complete and in great shape.

#4187 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

These poly mailers blow.

I had them removed from my store. I hated having to ship in those. People griped about the padded envelopes BUT AT LEAST THEY'RE PADDED! :lol:

BTW, if I don't think a game is playable or that the customer will be unhappy with the condition, I bounce it to another store.

#4188 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

I ordered a ton of games and guides (I'll post when they come), including a bunch of CE's so I'm interested to see how complete they are. The first package came today: :360: Nier. It was complete and pristine. The Square-Enix code was even inside (I haven't tried it yet). I'll report back on other items as they arrived.

Workin on it

#4189 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

They sent me a new sealed copy of sky rim and left 4 dead. But I also was sent a used left for dead with 6 cracks at the spindle, one well into the data part f the disc. Why would someone send a disc like that out?
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#4190 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

They sent me a new sealed copy of sky rim and left 4 dead. But I also was sent a used left for dead with 6 cracks at the spindle, one well into the data part f the disc. Why would someone send a disc like that out?

Because they're an idiot. Send it back.

#4191 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Gah, I think the USPS ate one of my GoHastings book shipments. It's just sitting in the local sort facility not moving, with the expected delivery date yesterday. I've received book shipments from Hastings yesterday and today. I don't understand how shit like this happens unless the machines or an employee at USPS accidentally destroyed the package and book and they just say "fuck it" and don't bother completing the mailing of the mangled item.

So now I have to give this some more time before asking Hastings for my money back since it's only been in the mail system for a week. Gah.

#4192 SunCe177

SunCe177

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

Gah, I think the USPS ate one of my GoHastings book shipments. It's just sitting in the local sort facility not moving, with the expected delivery date yesterday. I've received book shipments from Hastings yesterday and today. I don't understand how shit like this happens unless the machines or an employee at USPS accidentally destroyed the package and book and they just say "fuck it" and don't bother completing the mailing of the mangled item.

So now I have to give this some more time before asking Hastings for my money back since it's only been in the mail system for a week. Gah.

Same thing I am currently dealing with. I made an order on August 20th and as of yesterday when I checked the tracking number it had not moved from the Arizona sorting center. I called both Gohastings and the USPS. USPS said they had no information on the tracking number, and GH said that they have had problems like this before where the item isn't properly tracked and if I don't receive anything by next Tuesday (14 business days from my order) that I can call back and they will either refund or replace. Oddly enough today I checked the tracking online just for the hell of it and the package seems to have had some recent activity in the last 24 hours and ended up in Florida (I am in NYC) and is getting processed there. I don't know why it took over a full week to process? or got lost in a shuffle or what? Still don't know if I will receive it or not, but I guess I will see by next week before I take further steps to get a refund.

#4193 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Same thing I am currently dealing with. I made an order on August 20th and as of yesterday when I checked the tracking number it had not moved from the Arizona sorting center. I called both Gohastings and the USPS. USPS said they had no information on the tracking number, and GH said that they have had problems like this before where the item isn't properly tracked and if I don't receive anything by next Tuesday (14 business days from my order) that I can call back and they will either refund or replace. Oddly enough today I checked the tracking online just for the hell of it and the package seems to have had some recent activity in the last 24 hours and ended up in Florida (I am in NYC) and is getting processed there. I don't know why it took over a full week to process? or got lost in a shuffle or what? Still don't know if I will receive it or not, but I guess I will see by next week before I take further steps to get a refund.

Package services (media mail and parcel post) are extremely slow, and known not to provide any real tracking info, except for initial processing location and final processing location. Honestly from arizona to NYC, I would expect it to take about as long as its taken so far.
Now if it was shipped first class or priority, yes its very weird, otherwise, it seems inline with normal shipping times.

#4194 SunCe177

SunCe177

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Package services (media mail and parcel post) are extremely slow, and known not to provide any real tracking info, except for initial processing location and final processing location. Honestly from arizona to NYC, I would expect it to take about as long as its taken so far.
Now if it was shipped first class or priority, yes its very weird, otherwise, it seems inline with normal shipping times.

The thing that made me realize something was wrong though was that I had made other GH orders after the 8/20 one, even as late as 8/25 and they arrived by yesterday, from the same Arizona sorting center. The CS rep I spoke to on the phone seemed to think there was definitely some problem as well with the time it was taking. GH usually has pretty fast and reliable shipping from my experience and every other order had pretty in depth tracking info so when stuff I ordered after was coming within 4 days and this was sitting at 9 business days with no activity since the 20th I knew something was wrong.

#4195 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

ok so 4 out of 5 of my gohastings games were great, but damn socom 4!! It looked like some kid spilled his sippy cup all over that bitch.

#4196 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

Well two out of the three games I ordered last week came in great condition (SSX Blur for $1.88 shipped & Medal of Honor). The copy of :360: Wheelman (ordered for under $5 shipped) that I received today had a case that looked like it got ran over & a mediocre looking disc with no instructions. It's off to Best Buy tomorrow for $10.50 in trade & I will take my chances ordering another (even if it's crappy again, I'll just trade it in to BB for the credit...)
Posted Image

#4197 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

I picked up Prototype, LEGO Pirates of The Caribbean, and LEGO Harry Potter 2 for about $33 shipped. Prototype was out of stock yesterday and came back in stock today, so I'm hoping my order will go through.
Posted Image

#4198 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

Heads up. According to Facebook, free shipping on the Buy 2/ $1 for 3rd is today only. Same code.

#4199 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Heads up. According to Facebook, free shipping on the Buy 2/ $1 for 3rd is today only. Same code.

Wow, thanks for posting! I had no clue there was free shipping today. Scored three Professor Layton games for $33.65 shipped! I've been tracking these same three games for a while now and I think this is the lowest I've ever been able to purchase them for!

#4200 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I bought 3 older games in the $7 range and got all 3 for under $15 shipped, even though I really shouldn't have.

On second thought, why did you have to tell me this? ;)