gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9090 replies to this topic

#4801 RayBay

RayBay

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Question for those who receive library versions of TPB's. Got my first ever one in where they have that plastic cover and backing to it. I don't like it personally. If I take it off, does it ruin the book in any way or is it pretty easy to take off with no problems?

You should contact blucadet3, it sounds like you might have gotten one of the stolen Library copy TPBs he was talking about....

Everyone buying graphic novels do me a favor and see if they have evidence of having an RFID tag ripped off the back inside cover (they may also have a white square RFID tag in them still) or tape on the hardcover under the dust cover. Trade paperbacks will have a harder plastic coating on the cover and tape reinforced spines. We just had a guy arrested for selling hundreds of our library graphic novels and books to Hastings and many of them were sold in the last couple of weeks. We recovered a few hundred, but many more went out the door. Just curious how many made it into the mail.

Thanks.

#4802 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Ended up with the following:

(Totals are before tax)

:ps3: Resident Evil 5 Gold: 10.37 Will go great with the Amazon Warehouse LittleBigPlanet 2 move special edition bundle I just bought. 53 for an entire move set, camera, motion controller, and nav controller.

:ps3: Killzone 2: 3.92 Sadly they were OOS on Killzone 3 regular and collector's editions.

:ps3: Uncharted 2: 5.59

:ps3: Resistance 2: 7.24

:ps3: Resistance 3: 9.08

:360: Castlevania Lords of Shadow: 8.10

#4803 Cjord0106

Cjord0106

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

depends if they want to send the email or not. there's usually two girls. i forgot the good one as she will not hesitate to do what you tell her. the other one is stubborn and usually ask you to ship stuff back. the good one has a nice soft squeaky feminine voice and she works afternoon the last time i remembered. i usually chat/flirt with them about random stuff a bit to get them to cancel.

i hoped you paid with a credit card so you can chargeback at least. if you paid with debit there's no guarantees but dispute those charges as unauthorized.

Shoot sounds like I got the stubborn girl. She said I should get an email in about 20 minutes and that was 2 hours ago. I don't think the flirty chit-chat will work since I'm a girl haha :-D. I paid with a debit card from my credit union. I think online transactions usually run as credit but I'm not sure how it works.

Edit: I just called back and she was very nice and helpful this time. Looks like everything was cancelled except my original order that I wanted plus an extra $15-ish worth of Blu rays I will have to send back. It's a huge relief. Now I just have to wait for my bank to release the hold on my funds :)

Edited by Cjord0106, 24 September 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#4804 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Ended up with the following:

(Totals are before tax)

:ps3: Resident Evil 5 Gold: 10.37 Will go great with the Amazon Warehouse LittleBigPlanet 2 move special edition bundle I just bought. 53 for an entire move set, camera, motion controller, and nav controller.

:ps3: Killzone 2: 3.92 Sadly they were OOS on Killzone 3 regular and collector's editions.

:ps3: Uncharted 2: 5.59

:ps3: Resistance 2: 7.24

:ps3: Resistance 3: 9.08

:360: Castlevania Lords of Shadow: 8.10

Good pick ups man! :applause: I need to add KZ2 to my wish list for next time. That's crazy cheap. Been tempted to play Castlevania again, that's a low enough price to tempt me.

BTW, 2 of my orders have shipped already.

#4805 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Shoot sounds like I got the stubborn girl. She said I should get an email in about 20 minutes and that was 2 hours ago. I don't think the flirty chit-chat will work since I'm a girl haha :-D. I paid with a debit card from my credit union. I think online transactions usually run as credit but I'm not sure how it works.

Edit: I just called back and she was very nice and helpful this time. Looks like everything was cancelled except my original order that I wanted plus an extra $15-ish worth of Blu rays I will have to send back. It's a huge relief. Now I just have to wait for my bank to release the hold on my funds :)

Glad to hear that! I hope it goes well for you. :-P

#4806 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

My MulletGearSolid HD Collection for 18.05 shipped

Woot

:beer:

Woot
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#4807 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

I tend to defend Hastings most of the time, but I will say one of my pet peeves is that while Previously Viewed and Used are always separated for their sales, they can't figure out or don't care to figure out how to separate them whem you searched Used games. The PV's mix in with them all. Small complaint but it's a pain nonetheless.

Have you tried the helpful links in the first post? That helps if you're just browsing used games. If you're searching, yeah, PV will come up unless you take a few extra clicks on the search filters, but I'd imagine its only really an issue with games from large series on multiplatform, like say Madden.

But if you, for example, search for "Madden", you have to click "Games" on the left to narrow it down. From there you still have 116 results. If you then go to Promotions at the top filter row and click "Best Selling Used Games", it filters out New, Previously Viewed, and Out of Stock games.

That's obviously not that intuitive or user friendly at all, but you can filter out PV.

Question for those who receive library versions of TPB's. Got my first ever one in where they have that plastic cover and backing to it. I don't like it personally. If I take it off, does it ruin the book in any way or is it pretty easy to take off with no problems?

Your copy was possibly stolen from a library and traded into Hastings. Like RayBay said, contact blucadet3.

#4808 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Have you tried the helpful links in the first post? That helps if you're just browsing used games. If you're searching, yeah, PV will come up unless you take a few extra clicks on the search filters, but I'd imagine its only really an issue with games from large series on multiplatform, like say Madden.

But if you, for example, search for "Madden", you have to click "Games" on the left to narrow it down. From there you still have 116 results. If you then go to Promotions at the top filter row and click "Best Selling Used Games", it filters out New, Previously Viewed, and Out of Stock games.

That's obviously not that intuitive or user friendly at all, but you can filter out PV.

Your copy was possibly stolen from a library and traded into Hastings. Like RayBay said, contact blucadet3.

Is blucadet3 doing refunds? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what is he going to do that GoHastings won't? I mean contact him and let him know, but I would contact GH first and explain the situation and see about a refund first. Then Blucadet can sort things out with GH.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4809 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I got 3 shipment emails early this morning at like 2:30 am but obviously nothing is seriously shipping that early. And I only had 2 items, so will see how this turns out especially since one game was originally out of stock but the same item appeared twice although that one was not out of stock. Last few games I ordered came quick and were in great condition (and with all the DLC codes, however I don't expect that with every order I make).

When they update the system every night, they spend that time also mass emailing all orders that were fulfilled THAT DAY, so it probably shipped sometime in the afternoon after you placed your order and you just didnt get the email until that night because thats when they send out the emails...

#4810 Cjord0106

Cjord0106

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Glad to hear that! I hope it goes well for you. :-P

Thanks! :)

#4811 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Something weird happened in my order yesterday... I was about to check out with 13 items in my cart and noticed that a game (Kingdom Hearts 2) in my cart showed up as Previously Viewed instead of Used. The 30% and free shipping was working on it, but I've heard about the condition of PV games so I removed it from my cart. Then I reopened the item page for it and it said that the PV was out of stock and the Used was in stock, so I hit "Add to Cart" on the Used... and it showed up on my cart as PV, and just like before, the code worked on it. I kept it in my order, but I'm really hoping it is in decent shape when it comes, because it'll be difficult to explain the weirdness to customer service if I need to return it.

ETA: Not that this is the only site weirdness I've noticed on GoHastings. When I remove one item from my wish list, sometimes it removes another one too (no, I'm not clicking twice...) and also, sometimes an item mysteriously drops out of my cart when I have a bunch of stuff in there (and it's not that it's gone OOS). Definitely a love-hate relationship with Hastings.

I also refuse to buy DS games with no case, and (if anyone cares) I got the following:
Elite Beat Agents $3.48
Magical Starsign $3.48
Scribblenauts $4.90
Touch Detective $5.93
Professor Layton and the Curious Village $10.50
Flower, Sun and Rain $10.50

#4812 Oi Stino

Oi Stino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Hi, when you input a promo code when you're in the cart screen, is it supposed to apply the discount automatically or do you have to go through the check out process before it applies? Thanks.

#4813 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Hi, when you input a promo code when you're in the cart screen, is it supposed to apply the discount automatically or do you have to go through the check out process before it applies? Thanks.

automatically.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#4814 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

Already received 2 things today even though I ordered yesterday, and yesterday was Sunday.

Strange and unusual, but I'll take it. :D

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#4815 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

Already received 2 things today even though I ordered yesterday, and yesterday was Sunday.

Strange and unusual, but I'll take it. :D

How does that even happen? :shock:

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4816 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

How does that even happen? :shock:

That's what I said. The orders were also made during the afternoon yesterday.

Maybe USPS just hired some Jumpers.

#4817 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

Thats pretty nuts, maybe they didnt eve use usps they just carried it to your house

#4818 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

Thats pretty nuts, maybe they didnt eve use usps they just carried it to your house

His house was on the way home for one of the employees.

#4819 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

His house was on the way home for one of the employees.

wouldn't surprise me since his orders tend to be big and there prob is a Hastings near him that has some of his online orders. They know were you live, they are watching :-# :lol:

Anyways, one of my DVD's got shipped today. The Goonies DVD for $1.72 was a steal

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#4820 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

I live in California, so no Hastings in my state.

#4821 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

Parcel cannons.

#4822 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Just received 13 emails from Gohastings for some of my games ...some are one shipment but many are individual ones. This should be a full week for the mailman.
Posted Image

#4823 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

Proof of your speedy shipping, or it didn't happen.

JK.

Kinda.

#4824 doooork

doooork

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

i never had a single error going through the shopping/adding to cart//checking out....pretty much the whole process there were never any errors or site shutdowns. So far, the only email i received was the "Thank You for your Order" order receipt
walmart associate in el cajon, ca :puke:

www.myspace.com/doooork

#4825 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

It's been awhile since this has happened, but everything I've ordered on Sunday has been marked shipped as of this morning. I expected at least something to be canceled, but lucky me. :3

#4826 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

got all 6 games shipped and im the same package, never had that before!!
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#4827 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

Your doppelganger traded them in all at the same time.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4828 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

That could end in disaster though depending on what they ship it in.

#4829 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

^^
probably a big ziplock
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#4830 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

I've had 4 games shipped before, and it all came in a big box