gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9089 replies to this topic

#5281 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Most of them seem like trolls. I can get enough of that here in this very thread without posting on Facebook! But I guess on one hand its kind of good they use Facebook to post some deals because I'm sure less people see it than get their newsletters or go to their website, so it gives us CAGs a better shot at using the deal, especially since it's usually reposted here quickly by someone else or myself. But on the other hand, that means I have to read their Facebook where I see posts about "short bus" t-shirts and food stamps for some reason.

agreed considering half the posts come from the guy asking if he can use foodstamps in the cafe

#5282 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Eh, I think I did OK by getting Kanon - The Complete Series for $14.96 since no one sells it anymore (just the S.A.V.E. edition). I just hope it doesn't arrive in terrible condition.

I have to say that Funimation DVD cases are the biggest heaping pieces of garbage ever created. I think out of all the damaged DVD cases I've ever gotten from Hastings, about 50% of them from Funimation comes cracked, and not just a little cracked, but completely shattered. So hopefully yours won't meet the same fate either. Condition wise it'll probably be fine though.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#5283 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Their facebook:

We hit 250,000 yesterday and to show our appreciation we are having a gift card sweepstakes! We are giving away twenty-five $25 gift cards and one $2,500 gift card! Follow the link to enter in the sweepstakes. The sweeps will be open until 10/18.

And the link to enter:

http://www.ghcdn.com...-10-12-09-01-06

#5284 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

grabbed red dead undead nightmare for 5.99, which im totally happy about.

wish they had x-com for the ps3 in stock

#5285 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Is NFC undercover worth $5 bucks ?

#5286 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Pretty happy about this sale! I just wish I had more money to spare for it.

Ended up with these 360 games:

Clive Barker's Jericho
Dark Void
John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Band Hero
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Project Sylpheed: Arc of Deception
Shadowrun
Army of Two

All games I never bothered with before. At the price of $1.50 each, I decided to give them a go. $13.50 total. :D

#5287 powrslave007

powrslave007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

In for (XB360)
Guitar Hero Metallica 5.94
Duke Nukem Forever 1.50
Lost Planet 2 3.32

Total $10.76

#5288 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

operation flashpoint games any good? thinking about picking the two of them up.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5289 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Is NFC undercover worth $5 bucks ?

No.

#5290 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

operation flashpoint games any good? thinking about picking the two of them up.

If you like walking a lot just to die when you get to your destination, get Dragon Rising (it's not COD). Red River has some walking, but it's not as bad. I sold DR, but kept RR. I'm not a big COD fan, but I did like the blending of both DR and COD that they did with RR. Plus, your commanding officer in the game is funny as hell, so RR is really worth it just for that. Plus there are some challenges in the menu that are good as well. Neither one is a run and gun game, you have to think a bit and take it slow or you will get destroyed.

#5291 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

No.

Nfs undercover..I see ign only give it 4 out of 10...ok
I resist to buy it

#5292 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

thanks max, I'll pick them both up and give them a playthrough. may as well for $9.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#5293 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

if this deal didnt happen today and the gstop trade in deals didnt end sunday there would be some awesome flipping opportunities

#5294 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

yes you can use the code as many times as you want on the same account. I almost always purchase 1 item per order when its a code like this. I dont know if its just happenstance but it seems I get less cancellations that way.

How do you do that? I ordered 8 games this morning, then went to do another order and, after applying the code again, it didn't work. Am I missing something?

#5295 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

you might have tried it on previously used games instead fo used. after asking if it works more than once I have made 5 orders with it, worked everytime.

#5296 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

thanks max, I'll pick them both up and give them a playthrough. may as well for $9.

No problem.

#5297 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

you might have tried it on previously used games instead fo used. after asking if it works more than once I have made 5 orders with it, worked everytime.

Hmmm...I thought I put in a used game. I'll try it now.....

Seems to be fine now, thanks!

#5298 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hmmm...I thought I put in a used game. I'll try it now.....

Seems to be fine now, thanks!

Previously Viewed titles will also have Used in the title on the search page, so you will have to carefully look sometimes to see if Previously Viewed is attached to the title list even if it does say Used.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#5299 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I have to say that Funimation DVD cases are the biggest heaping pieces of garbage ever created. I think out of all the damaged DVD cases I've ever gotten from Hastings, about 50% of them from Funimation comes cracked, and not just a little cracked, but completely shattered. So hopefully yours won't meet the same fate either. Condition wise it'll probably be fine though.

:shock:

*gulp*

*is not exactly filled with confidence*

At least I can get a full refund (with return shipping label provided) if it comes in crappy condition.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5300 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

The worst part about going to this thread is seeing people post their list of just bought games and impulsively buy some of them.

This is the main reason I check the comments...other people's list gives me ideas of what to buy.

#5301 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

just bit on dante's inferno(always end up trading this in because gamestop tiv randomly spikes for this all the time) for 5.61
the price is right decades for 7.11(i dont think it will drop much further i rented it once and loved it and would love to platinum it plus those old games are fucking awesome)
ufc 2009 undisputed for 1.50
nhl 11 for 2.12 (fit in perfectly to put my bank account to .69)

would have spent 15 more but i had to light it on fire by purchasing the ring of honor ippv tomorrow night where they will have poor coverage tons of audio desync power outages and the such and ill bitch for 3 days till they refund everyone like they always do.

#5302 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

This is the main reason I check the comments...other people's list gives me ideas of what to buy.

Same :)

#5303 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Is NFS shift or shift 2 much better than undercover? I am tempted from these cheap games...

#5304 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

I do this too but I'm at that point where I have a hard time finding anything... usually because I can't bring myself to buy something just because it's cheap or because the price seems too high (still waiting for PoP HD Collection to drop below $33.99, which is a ridiculous price).

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#5305 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

also got NHL 11, I've wanted a hockey game for awhile and don't really care how updated the names on the jerseys are.

#5306 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Put in 1 order, tried not to go too crazy. But I might grab a few more before the end of the day.

Medal of Honor 360, Alpha Protocol 360, Quantum Theory 360, Socom 4 PS3 = $11.84

Great stuff.

#5307 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Is NFS shift or shift 2 much better than undercover? I am tempted from these cheap games...

Shift 2 is the best of the bunch IMO but it was cheaper last week.

#5308 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

I got The Club for the Xbox 360 $1.50
And Blue Dragon on Xbox 360 for $2.59

Any othet cheap games that you guys reccomend?

Ps:It doesnt matter what type of game it is as long as its fun.

#5309 jad999

jad999

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Everything is "out of stock". Why bother to have a sale at all?

#5310 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I got The Club for the Xbox 360 $1.50
And Blue Dragon on Xbox 360 for $2.59

Any othet cheap games that you guys reccomend?

Ps:It doesnt matter what type of game it is as long as its fun.

Brutal legend, The Saboteur, Bad Company 1 & 2, Prince of Persia, Lost Planet, Brothers in Arms, Prey, Bulletstorm, Bioshock 2, Triple Pack, Far Cry 2...