gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9094 replies to this topic

#6001 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm not able to get the FALLBACK code to work. It says it is applied and gives me no errors, but no discount shows up. Anyone else have problems?

Are you sure your books are from the qualified list?

#6002 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Are you sure your books are from the qualified list?

I guess I didn't realize there was a list, however, I just went back and used the link for the "list" and it still doesn't work. From what I can tell, the list just narrows down books to those priced $29.99 or less. Either way, it doesn't appear to be working even when I pick totally different titles from their list link. It also appears to apply the code with no error messages, etc. In the past I think I have gotten error messages that items don't qualify, but I can't remember.

#6003 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I guess I didn't realize there was a list, however, I just went back and used the link for the "list" and it still doesn't work. From what I can tell, the list just narrows down books to those priced $29.99 or less. Either way, it doesn't appear to be working even when I pick totally different titles from their list link. It also appears to apply the code with no error messages, etc. In the past I think I have gotten error messages that items don't qualify, but I can't remember.

If you want to have the code apply, all three books have to be on the qualifying list. Otherwise the code is applied but gives you no discount.

However, it does seem that the code isn't even working for qualifying titles right now. It appears that they decided to kill the code because of the 20% Off Used promotion. So I'll update the first post.

#6004 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

If you want to have the code apply, all three books have to be on the qualifying list. Otherwise the code is applied but gives you no discount.

However, it does seem that the code isn't even working for qualifying titles right now. It appears that they decided to kill the code because of the 20% Off Used promotion. So I'll update the first post.

I'm disappointed that they killed the code since I just figured out a good selection to use it on. I guess I would question whether they really did intend to kill the code since it still appears on their homepage. I'd really love to see them fix it before the end of the day. Thanks for your help, by the way.

#6005 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

got 2 hc and 3 manga in all in good shape split between 2 padded envelopes

best condition books ive gotten in awhile

#6006 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Got like 7 books today. 4 arrived in poly bags. 3/4 all had damage directly attributed to where the poly bags ripped. So f-ing unnecessary to damage merchandise in the mail like that. The three in padded envelopes were all in great shape. It seems like others are beginning to complain about the poly bags on Facebook.

#6007 Tonious

Tonious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Any news on a veterans day sale?

#6008 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Any news on a veterans day sale?

No. They didn't have a Veterans Day sale last year. The new week began a couple of days after Veterans Day and it was 96 cent shipping with free shipping later in the week. The week of Veterans Day last year was a non-deal week. The new weekly promotions for this upcoming week, beginning with Veterans Day tomorrow, will be up tonight.

#6009 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

praying for a decent deal after a couple weeks of mediocrity and now that stock is fresh again

in store is having a 30 percent off sale on used games friday and saturday so be warned do not wait till end of week to make purchases if a sale is active this week as its going to evaporate over the weekend

#6010 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Per mati @ bluray.com

Veteran 5 off of $25 & 10 off of $40

#6011 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

First post updated

#6012 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

nevermind

#6013 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

I just bought a new copy of Touch My Katamari from goHastings through Amazon for $7.99 + $3.99 shipping = $11.98 total. I was not able to buy it from the goHastings site because it said it was out of stock for some reason (I wanted to buy it from goHastings.com instead so it would be a little cheaper).

Anyway, is it worth paying $11.98 for it? I loved Katamari for the PSP! and I would love to play this one but people say it is too short. Do you think there will be a better deal for this game during Black Friday or anytime soon? Since I just ordered it I believe I still can cancel it from Amazon.com before it is shipped. Thanks for reading (:

#6014 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

I just bought a new copy of Touch My Katamari from goHastings through Amazon for $7.99 + $3.99 shipping = $11.98 total. I was not able to buy it from the goHastings site because it said it was out of stock for some reason (I wanted to buy it from goHastings.com instead so it would be a little cheaper).

Anyway, is it worth paying $11.98 for it? I loved Katamari for the PSP! and I would love to play this one but people say it is too short. Do you think there will be a better deal for this game during Black Friday or anytime soon? Since I just ordered it I believe I still can cancel it from Amazon.com before it is shipped. Thanks for reading (:

Go for it. The game is too niche to get any BF deals & that will be more than likely the best price to get it new anywhere. If I wasn't burned out on Katamari, I would consider it too ;)
Posted Image

#6015 i MarK i

i MarK i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Do any of you think that gohastings will have the same promos last year for black friday/cyber monday? I've been waiting to buy some CDs for a few weeks now and 50% off would be as good as it gets :D

#6016 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Do any of you think that gohastings will have the same promos last year for black friday/cyber monday? I've been waiting to buy some CDs for a few weeks now and 50% off would be as good as it gets :D

No way to tell for sure just yet. CDs are something they liberally have sales on so I wouldn't be surprised to see 40 to 50% off on used CDs.

#6017 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

http://stlpcwizard.c...s - BF 2012.pdf

in store ad but i wouldnt be shocked to see that 5 for 25 deal and b2g$1 deal to be online

#6018 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Typed out the highlights from the Black Friday ad the best I could. Info can be found in the first post.

#6019 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Received four books today. Three bubble mailers. One poly bag. HC in poly bag was fine. One bubble mailer was bigger than the book, but the insightful employee sealed it further down and even added extra tape so the book arrived fine! A true hero at Hastings. Another bubble mailer was ripped open at the top nearly the length of the book. It wasn't a Media Mail inspection. So I'm lucky that book didn't fall out. One of the books had a food or drink stain on the bottom that I had to remove with some fine sandpaper. One of my books was the JLA: Tower of Babel TPB which was Like New. I was extremely happy to get that for $7. Last week was a great week for rarer or more expensive books.

#6020 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

Last week I got a packing slip in an envelope the post office marked "found loose in mail". It was a shipment of 8 CDs in a single package, though I don't know what they packaged them in. USPS says they won't even investigate since the total value was under $25. Think I should bother Hastings about it?

#6021 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Last week I got a packing slip in an envelope the post office marked "found loose in mail". It was a shipment of 8 CDs in a single package, though I don't know what they packaged them in. USPS says they won't even investigate since the total value was under $25. Think I should bother Hastings about it?

Yeah, you should definitely let them know they f-ed up with their packaging. I really don't think they understand how bad their packaging is. But if none of the CDs were really damaged, then they won't refund you or anything.

#6022 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Yeah, the deals are good. I just started ordering from them and 3 out of 4 orders were damaged in some way. Just going to return my last one and give up. They just ship the items in thing plastic. I can't wait the 2 weeks plus of holding my money anymore.

#6023 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Yeah, you should definitely let them know they f-ed up with their packaging. I really don't think they understand how bad their packaging is. But if none of the CDs were really damaged, then they won't refund you or anything.

All right, I'll shoot them an email without expecting a refund then.

#6024 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

All right, I'll shoot them an email without expecting a refund then.

I called support to return a damaged item and told them about the packaging. They basically said they have asked them to stop using the non padded mailers and they just continue to anyway. She said she would tell them again.

#6025 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

I called support to return a damaged item and told them about the packaging. They basically said they have asked them to stop using the non padded mailers and they just continue to anyway. She said she would tell them again.

I don't think this is a problem with poly mailers, actually. When they send out a bunch of items in a single mailer it can tear even if it's a bubble mailer since the items move around so much in it. I asked them to tell their stores to use boxes when sending a bunch of items in a single shipment like that.

#6026 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

I don't think this is a problem with poly mailers, actually. When they send out a bunch of items in a single mailer it can tear even if it's a bubble mailer since the items move around so much in it. I asked them to tell their stores to use boxes when sending a bunch of items in a single shipment like that.

yes, bubble mailers can still result in damaged items, but the same amount of items in a poly mailer will result in more damage on average. They should always make sure the bubble mailer is sealed tight around the item, so the items arent able to move around inside.

#6027 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

I have only ever gotten single items in poly mailers, and it seems insufficient

#6028 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I was looking up a movie on amazon, found gohastings had a copy, and then actually saw this:
"Previously Viewed (Previously Rental) - 100% PRODUCT GUARANTEE!* Fast shipping on more than 1,000,000 Book , Video, Video Game, Music titles & More! We 100% Guarantee the full functionality of all used and previously viewed product, except its digital con"
Ive NEVER seen them list something as previously viewed, thought it was interesting in this case, since they have both used and PV available on their site. Was hoping their used copy was the same price but it was a buck or two more :-/

#6029 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Link in the first post is now to a higher quality official copy of the BF ad

#6030 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Two books in the mail today. One was in super beat up and dirty shape, but not from shipping despite the polybag. Disappointing. The other was a newer used that was in decent shape despite the polybag.