gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9090 replies to this topic

#6271 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

I wonder what I can find to order later. Got a ton of Iron Maiden dvds and some seasons of American Dad for the 4+ for 40% off sale. Bound to be a lot of things on there I will find later and debate on all night.

Though Hastings has stopped posting end dates to their sales, which is an annoying marketing tactic, you probably have all week to wait and see what else wanders into stock tonight.

And don't forget, this sale is good for New items in all categories, many of which often never get their own discount codes.

#6272 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Unfuckingacceptable. You do not shove that many things into one polymailer. Of course the Blu-ray case is broken and the Star Wars box set outer box is beat to shit, but that could have been the condition to start with. I also received a lone Blu-ray separately in a bubble mailer and what do you know? It's in mint condition.
Spoiler

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6273 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

For anyone interested, Hastings has a used copy of Absolute Batman The Long Halloween in stock that you can get for $32.68 shipped after the $10 off $40 code. If it arrives without much damage that's a pretty decent price.

#6274 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Updated the first post with their Skylander offer from today's email. No idea if their shipping rate for those kills the deal.

#6275 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Hey Gamers-
Allow me to vent for a moment regarding my 2nd experience w/ GoHastings (Hastings).
After a great 1st time purchasing experience back in October, I decided to "roll the dice" again and take advantage of their "Buy 4 or more & get 40% off used games, movies, etc" from this past weekend.
Well all my items have shipped, coming from various locations......I've gotten just about everything in great condition.....UNTIL today when I was expecting to receive "Dynasty Warriors 6" for Xbox 360 based on the tracking info.
The flimsy, gray plastic baggie is addressed to me, with the tracking # referenced for the game.......but when I open it up, it's a totally different game (Resident Evil 6), for someone else who lives @ 30mins away.
Shocked, I called and after a 15min wait on the phone, spoke with Kirsten who apologized, told me she was refunding the cost & shipping of "DW6" back to my credit card, and I would have to reorder the game at the current price within 30 days, and after it ships, they would refund the difference in price of what I pay if it's higher to the promotional price from this past weekend.
Talk about a "roundabout" way to do business......especially when the game is still currently in stock, I questioned why they either couldn't just send the game out to me while it's still available, or process the order on their end now with the price that I paid this past weekend. Of course I was told, "No, they're not set up to do that. They can only refund"
CRRRRRRRRAZZZZZY !!!!!!!

She then mentioned she would send a pre-paid label for me to send "Res Evil 6" back to them...........that's when I questioned her about whether they were going to provide me also with a mailing envelope/plastic as well. She stated, "No"...that I would have to use the "plastic bag" that I currently have or purchase one on my own.
I then started to lose my cool a bit, because even though a mailing envelope for this wrong game would be no more than $1, it's the whole principle behind it.
Here I am taking time out of my evening to call them out on a mistake they made, in hopes of rectifying the problem in a matter of minutes, especially since the item I should have gotten is still available. And they want me to spend extra money to repurchase it, and spend money on a BETTER shipping envelope than what they sent me. I even told her, I couldn't believe she or the company would expect me to reuse this crappy plastic bag to send anything to anyone now that it's cut open and ripped badly.
She then places me on hold for several minutes, to come back and tell me that they would really like for me to send the game back if possible, but I didn't have to if it was going to be any trouble. But the refund has been processed, and the "roundabout" way of purchasing what I should have gotten is still available for 30 days based on the reference # she provided.

GEEESH !!!!!

I even offered her to contact the person of the game I have, and see if it would be ok for the two of us to exchange phone #'s so we could perhaps meet up, as we're relatively close.....and of course she says, "No" to that.

I already have "Resident Evil 6" & have no need for another copy. I had no intentions of "trying to get something for nothing".

Good Lord..........can I get the hour of my evening that I've spent messing with this back ?!

Thanks for letting me vent and get this off my chest Gamers............

Game On !

( I just know now after a successful and great 1st experience back in October with Hastings, the honeymoon phase is officially OVER ! )

#6276 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Seems like you are trying to make a bigger deal out of it then it is.

They will NEVER give out another persons info. Also, you aren't force to send the game back so you can basically just trade it in some where for credit.

And you are still going to get your game for the price.

#6277 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hey Gamers-
Allow me to vent for a moment regarding my 2nd experience w/ GoHastings (Hastings).
After a great 1st time purchasing experience back in October, I decided to "roll the dice" again and take advantage of their "Buy 4 or more & get 40% off used games, movies, etc" from this past weekend.
Well all my items have shipped, coming from various locations......I've gotten just about everything in great condition.....UNTIL today when I was expecting to receive "Dynasty Warriors 6" for Xbox 360 based on the tracking info.
The flimsy, gray plastic baggie is addressed to me, with the tracking # referenced for the game.......but when I open it up, it's a totally different game (Resident Evil 6), for someone else who lives @ 30mins away.
Shocked, I called and after a 15min wait on the phone, spoke with Kirsten who apologized, told me she was refunding the cost & shipping of "DW6" back to my credit card, and I would have to reorder the game at the current price within 30 days, and after it ships, they would refund the difference in price of what I pay if it's higher to the promotional price from this past weekend.
Talk about a "roundabout" way to do business......especially when the game is still currently in stock, I questioned why they either couldn't just send the game out to me while it's still available, or process the order on their end now with the price that I paid this past weekend. Of course I was told, "No, they're not set up to do that. They can only refund"
CRRRRRRRRAZZZZZY !!!!!!!

She then mentioned she would send a pre-paid label for me to send "Res Evil 6" back to them...........that's when I questioned her about whether they were going to provide me also with a mailing envelope/plastic as well. She stated, "No"...that I would have to use the "plastic bag" that I currently have or purchase one on my own.
I then started to lose my cool a bit, because even though a mailing envelope for this wrong game would be no more than $1, it's the whole principle behind it.
Here I am taking time out of my evening to call them out on a mistake they made, in hopes of rectifying the problem in a matter of minutes, especially since the item I should have gotten is still available. And they want me to spend extra money to repurchase it, and spend money on a BETTER shipping envelope than what they sent me. I even told her, I couldn't believe she or the company would expect me to reuse this crappy plastic bag to send anything to anyone now that it's cut open and ripped badly.
She then places me on hold for several minutes, to come back and tell me that they would really like for me to send the game back if possible, but I didn't have to if it was going to be any trouble. But the refund has been processed, and the "roundabout" way of purchasing what I should have gotten is still available for 30 days based on the reference # she provided.

GEEESH !!!!!

I even offered her to contact the person of the game I have, and see if it would be ok for the two of us to exchange phone #'s so we could perhaps meet up, as we're relatively close.....and of course she says, "No" to that.

I already have "Resident Evil 6" & have no need for another copy. I had no intentions of "trying to get something for nothing".

Good Lord..........can I get the hour of my evening that I've spent messing with this back ?!

Game On !

( I just know now after a successful and great 1st experience back in October with Hastings, the honeymoon phase is officially OVER ! )

easy buddy all the stuff above is known hastings policy and just general business practice in NOT GIVING OUT A CUSTOMERS NUMBER TO A RANDOM PERSON OVER THE PHONE

yeesh

can i get the 10 minutes back that i spent reading that

that being said gamestop 50 percent bonus trade in towards used games starts tomorrow iirc just trade in re6 for dw6 and profit

#6278 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

Words

I don't know why you expected them to send you a new mailing envelope. That's never ever happened, ever.

Even if the plastic poly bag is ripped, slap some tape on it and send that shit back to them. If that's how they want to ship it to you, then that's how they should receive it back. Recently I received a book absolutely manged in one of those poly bags. I didn't even open the bag because I could see the book was destroyed from the huge rips in the bag. Hastings asked me to send it back to them. I laughed and even mused in this thread that I should send it back to them in a sandwich bag. In the end I just stuck the still technically unopened package in a padded envelope I saved from another purchase from them. So I guess the moral of the story is try to save some padded envelopes or be prepared to tape back up a poly bag and send things back that way.

Them even offering to let you order the product at the current price then refund you the difference of what you paid was already a huge YMMV. The vast majority of customers never get that option. It's not company policy to offer that and quite frankly I'm surprised it was offered to you. The usual policy is to ask for you to send it back if it was worth over $5, and then they'll fully refund you when it is returned to them. If you still want the item you can pay whatever the new market price is, no difference in price refund offered. So you shouldn't be annoyed at what they offered you - yes its an ass backward order management system they have, but you actually got a better than usual result out of it.

It also shouldn't be surprising that they didn't give you the other customer's information to pass on the game to them. It's none of your business to complete their transaction, or to try and fix their screw up. No (sane) retailer would give you another customer's information.

Furthermore, if you spent an hour on the phone with CS, you're doing it wrong. I have no idea what in that conversation could have taken you an hour unless you were sitting on hold for 45 minutes.

Otherwise, welcome to the club. Things with Hastings either go great or they go really wrong.

Because speaking of which, I got a giant padded mailer today with some LEGO sets in them. They were the cardboard box LEGO sets. The prices were so cheap I thought they'd make great gifts for the holiday charity collection at the local fire station. (It used to be Toys for Tots but they've got it named something else now.) Instead of grabbing a box, some dimwitted associate shoved three sets into a padded mailer and shipped it out like that. The end result? One box was beat to shit because padded mailers don't provide protection when they're overstuffed and the item is somewhat fragile like the thin cardboard boxes LEGOs come in. I think the fire station will accept the toy despite the mangled box, but if these were for collecting purposes or something, I'd tell Hastings to shove that set back up their ass and refund me the money because they were too cheap and too stupid to spring for a cardboard box.

#6279 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Dude. I've never had to return a game to GoHastings, and I probably would have been able to "rectify" the problem in the time it took you to write that post.

You should consider returning the game to familiarize with the process. It could save you some hassle if you encounter a similar problem.

#6280 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Talk about overreacting. They let you keep the game, refunded your money, and offered to let you re-order at the sale price.

And you're still upset. GH return policy is spelled out completely on their website. It is what it is. You should know the policy of whatever business you are using before purchasing from them and order accordingly. Instead, you do no research and get all huffy and puffy when their policy doesn't match the policy of other businesses?

The other day I had to return 9 CDs for various reasons. I spent 2 minutes on hold, 2 minutes talking to the CSR agent. She very nicely told me to include the original invoice for each CD and write the reason for return on there. My prepaid label was waiting for me in my email when I got off the phone. I grabbed a spare box from some other random order, wrote the reason for return one each invoice, slapped the label on, and sent it off.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6281 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

blah blah blah

You sound like a whiny little bitch,crying over one dollar,they gave you a refund,free game and yet you sound like they have fucked you over somehow.They made a mistake fixed it and then some but yet still make a fuss like your entitled to something more.

#6282 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

wait he got to keep the game and got the refund so basically he's complaining that he got dw6 for free at gamestop + some gamestop credit

#6283 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Got 5 books in the mail today that I caved in for with the $10 off $40. All of them arrived fine. No poly bags. Two bubble mailers. And finally... two special BOXES! These boxes were pretty thin - they could hold 1 or 2 books depending on the thickness of said books. They're basically designed like envelopes with a flap on one of the broad sides you cut open then find the book sitting in the internal pocket. I don't know if anyone else has received these yet but they're an awesome option for graphic novel sized books. I wonder if they're part of the shipping material for actual floppy comic books since they've started selling those online, and you definitely can't ship unbagged-and-unboarded single issue comic books in bubble mailers or poly bags.

#6284 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

My success with gohastings has been hit or miss as to quality of the product or if they even send you the right thing. I got a pretty crappy response from their CS rep about a return, it was kind of a 'take it or leave it' attitude. Sounds like more people are having success with them now than in the past though.

#6285 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

My success with gohastings has been hit or miss as to quality of the product or if they even send you the right thing. I got a pretty crappy response from their CS rep about a return, it was kind of a 'take it or leave it' attitude. Sounds like more people are having success with them now than in the past though.

What a generic post. Everyone's experience is hit or miss considering the quality of their used products is completely up in the air and you never know what type of person the previous owner was or how well they cared for their possessions. That and the response you got from their CS rep is their policy. They don't offer exchanges. You either keep it and deal with it or you return it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6286 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

Does anyone who order cod black ops 2 yesterday got shippped?

#6287 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

What a generic post. Everyone's experience is hit or miss considering the quality of their used products is completely up in the air and you never know what type of person the previous owner was or how well they cared for their possessions. That and the response you got from their CS rep is their policy. They don't offer exchanges. You either keep it and deal with it or you return it.

Right I understand that the quality of a used product can vary somewhat, but there needs to be some quality control in what is and isn't acceptable. I've received discs that look brand new, but then I've also received discs that are scratched beyond playability. If the product is available for exchange then they should definitely offer it. I've also had them send me the wrong version of a movie (the regular bluray vs. the 3d one I ordered) and they wouldn't offer any kind of exchange toward the product that I ACTUALLY ordered.

#6288 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Does anyone who order cod black ops 2 yesterday got shippped?

Yes they do (well, at least I did)

#6289 mombbsmj

mombbsmj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

I got a shipping notice for Black Ops 2 a few hours ago. Very happy.

#6290 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Also got a shipping notice a few hours ago. I ordered yesterday around 10:30 am PST.

#6291 ZuKe Zuchegno

ZuKe Zuchegno

I'm Sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

can you guys check the status of the order?
Quote: uncle5555 The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#6292 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Damn.. My cod black ops 2 still does not shipped...

Edited by ckc4043, 09 December 2012 - 03:58 AM.

#6293 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

can you guys check the status of the order?

depends by your definition of status

#6294 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Right I understand that the quality of a used product can vary somewhat, but there needs to be some quality control in what is and isn't acceptable. I've received discs that look brand new, but then I've also received discs that are scratched beyond playability. If the product is available for exchange then they should definitely offer it. I've also had them send me the wrong version of a movie (the regular bluray vs. the 3d one I ordered) and they wouldn't offer any kind of exchange toward the product that I ACTUALLY ordered.

Think of Hastings as a middleman for cheap, used goods, because that's basically what they are. Even the main offices that you contact for customer service are run nearly independently from the individual branches. They should try to synergize harder to satisfy customers, but with the volume of online business they do, it's easier to refund instead of replace. That's just the way they do business since there is no centralized warehouse.

#6295 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

So...

Any word on an upcoming coupon code tonight? :D

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6296 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

30 pct off 3 or more
JOLLY
SUN-TUE ONLY

#6297 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

First post updated.

Seems like they've made the majority of graphic novels apply.

#6298 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

30 pct off 3 or more
JOLLY
SUN-TUE ONLY

Damn I really want that free shipping even if it is 10% or even nothing off.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6299 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Damn I really want that free shipping even if it is 10% or even nothing off.

Why? Are the games you want under $7.60?

#6300 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

phew, nothing in stock for me today. Glad I got to save some money this time around lol