gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9096 replies to this topic

#6961 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Without expanding the comments on their Facebook page, Billy's last post was March 7th and Vicki's was February 11. So on second thought they still seem to be around, though I don't think their presence online has been that noticeable in the past few months. And who knows how often they're behind the main account posting.

I don't sit in on meetings with them, but from complaints I've read from ex-employee complaints on Facebook and from here: http://www.glassdoor...1_IC1139740.htm their CEO Marmaduke wants things done his way whether or not that's best for business. I remember reading something where people were questioning Marmaduke's decision to open up Sun Adventure Sports stores when he was shuttering Hastings B&M locations.

#6962 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

i dont know about you guys, but their search is different now. It shows suggestions for what you are searching for, and recommended products and their prices in a drop down while typing in a search. Hopefully that means there are other improvements on the site I havent looked long enough to find :-)

#6963 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Wow, my Dead Space 3 order placed on 2/17 is still "in process"? It's nearly a month later! Has anyone else had this same issue?

Edited by TrumpetDan, 14 March 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#6964 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Wow, my Dead Space 3 order placed on 2/17 is still "in process"? It's nearly a month later! Has anyone else had this same issue?

Yeah you probably need to call them about that.

#6965 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well, it looks like we all "missed out" on this "sale" as it's currently past 5 PM central time. From Facebook:

Flash Sale Time! Get 30% off when you buy 3 qualifying Used Books, CDs, or Movies + FREE STANDARD SHIPPING w/code: FLASHMOB. This offer is valid through 5pm CST today 3/14/13. Online only. Shop Qualifying Titles: http://www.gohasting...mpaign=Facebook

For what it's worth, graphic novels were essentially excluded again since approximately only 10% of the usual used selection was included.

I think the sale was only up for about 3 hours or so. It might have been decent on some movies or music.

#6966 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

40% off used books/movies/cds when you buy 4 or more code OHMELUCKYCHARMS

Everything is so ridiculously priced I couldnt even find something to buy at 40% off. Sad sad day. At least Im saving money I guess.

#6967 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

40% off used books/movies/cds when you buy 4 or more code OHMELUCKYCHARMS

Everything is so ridiculously priced I couldnt even find something to buy at 40% off. Sad sad day. At least Im saving money I guess.

Same. Tis' just a depressing time when I can't even get one order in on a 40% off sale, when the problem in the past was I couldn't get enough items because they sold out so quickly. Now I'm just staring at the items in the cart, and they just stay in stock, and I'm not pressing checkout because I don't even want anything with the code that doesn't discount enough to make up the 50% markup on their items, lol.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#6968 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

First post updated

#6969 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

"40% off on when you buy 4 or more of everything that isn't a video game"

It's like these people don't want my money.

#6970 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Damn I miss my gohastings deals. I haven't bought any used games since .... gohastings had a sale.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#6971 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Graphic novels are out again? Shit.

Oh well, at least Assault Girls was in stock.

#6972 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

A couple of graphic novels on my list came in stock for under $2, and a few more were categorized so that the discount worked. Maybe this is common knowledge, but the discount will apply on the qualifying items even if you don't have 4 qualifying items, as long as you have 4 items total.

#6973 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Yeah you probably need to call them about that.

I sent an email to their customer service earlier this past week and didn't receive a response. I'll try calling this week.

#6974 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Buy 3 or More for 30% off, Mix and Match Movies, CDs, Books (typical exclusions apply, of course...bastards)

Code: 30ROCK

3/18-/3/23

I sent an email to their customer service earlier this past week and didn't receive a response. I'll try calling this week.

Don't ever email them because their email customer service is garbage.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#6975 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Don't ever email them because their email customer service is garbage.

No kidding. Here's the response I received this morning.

"There seems to have been a glitch with this order on this item. I have cancelled this transaction so you can replace the order so it can reprocess. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow 3-10 business days for the funds to ber eleased to your payment method."

So now they want me to replace the order, when the Dead Space 3 at $32 deal is long dead? No thanks.

Edited by TrumpetDan, 18 March 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#6976 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

No kidding. Here's the response I received this morning.

"There seems to have been a glitch with this order on this item. I have cancelled this transaction so you can replace the order so it can reprocess. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow 3-10 business days for the funds to ber eleased to your payment method."

So now they want me to replace the order, when the Dead Space 3 at $32 deal is long dead? No thanks.

They probably mean, reorder it at full price, then call customer service and have them adjust the order price. Either way, it's a huge pain in the ass for the customer that their CS can't just fix orders.

#6977 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Randomly checked Gohastings and noticed Lumines for $3.99. Most of the time games priced like that are out of stock but somehow, this was shown in stock. I ordered one. $6 something shipped. Let's see if it goes through.

#6978 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Randomly checked Gohastings and noticed Lumines for $3.99. Most of the time games priced like that are out of stock but somehow, this was shown in stock. I ordered one. $6 something shipped. Let's see if it goes through.

Ive had that happen with some rarer or OOP movies before. Twice they came with gohastings logo as artwork, but the 3rd time it came complete with artwork and looked brand new.... you just never know!

#6979 gohastings

gohastings

GoHastings.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

[quote name='TrumpetDan']No kidding. Here's the response I received this morning.

So now they want me to replace the order, when the Dead Space 3 at $32 deal is long dead? No thanks.[/QUOTE
]
We would like to honor the sale price. Please contact our Customer Service Dept. at :1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464) If you provide us with your order number we can look into the issue for you.

#6980 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Ive had that happen with some rarer or OOP movies before. Twice they came with gohastings logo as artwork, but the 3rd time it came complete with artwork and looked brand new.... you just never know!

keeping my fingers crossed then :)

#6981 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

[quote name='gohastings'][quote name='TrumpetDan']No kidding. Here's the response I received this morning.

So now they want me to replace the order, when the Dead Space 3 at $32 deal is long dead? No thanks.[/QUOTE
]
We would like to honor the sale price. Please contact our Customer Service Dept. at :1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464) If you provide us with your order number we can look into the issue for you.[/QUOTE]

it lives?

#6982 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

it lives?

nope, it was a figment of your imagination

#6983 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

a whole week of sales and I didnt buy a single thing. Usually I spend around $400 on a week long sale like this. I have a feeling gohastings is going to lose a lot of online customers if they dont lower their prices back to where they were....

#6984 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

a whole week of sales and I didnt buy a single thing. Usually I spend around $400 on a week long sale like this. I have a feeling gohastings is going to lose a lot of online customers if they dont lower their prices back to where they were....

I think they already have. It seems to be viscous cycle.

Oh well.

#6985 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

The $3.99 vita game price glitch happened again. Ordered F1 for $6 shipped. My Lumines showed up a few days ago brand new. I see Lil Deviants also for $3.99 and Ridge racer $5.99. Both in stock

#6986 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

First post updated.

I cleared out the expensive graphic novels for you all with the 5 For $25 promo, so no need to worry about that.

#6987 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

First post updated.

I cleared out the expensive graphic novels for you all with the 5 For $25 promo, so no need to worry about that.

any books are treated as expensive graphic novels? I want to flip them to get some money thank you.

#6988 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

I wish they'd have a real videogame sale again. See a few cheap games I'd like to pick up.

#6989 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

any books are treated as expensive graphic novels? I want to flip them to get some money thank you.

Wat

#6990 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Copped a red 3DS XL for 162.27 plus shipping.
Was disappointing that I had no car to get to Target this week but this more than makes up for it.
Waiting+paying little for shipping>instant gratification for an extra 16 dollars in tax.