Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Wat

Is the book called Wat?

#6992 Nilbog

Nilbog

is Goblin backwards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for always keeping this updated kodave. Looks like someone traded in the rest of the irredeemable and incorruptible series this last update, along with a TON of hellblazer trades. Somehow a few books randomly in the middle of creator runs were sold before others, but I managed to get most of them anyhow.

#6993 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Thanks for always keeping this updated kodave. Looks like someone traded in the rest of the irredeemable and incorruptible series this last update, along with a TON of hellblazer trades. Somehow a few books randomly in the middle of creator runs were sold before others, but I managed to get most of them anyhow.

You're welcome. Yeah I noticed a ton of Hellblazer trades too. I wasn't interested personally. At $5 a trade you usually can't go wrong, especially if you can scoop them up all at once in one of these Hastings' sales.

#6994 Nilbog

Nilbog

is Goblin backwards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

I've enjoyed seeing what different writers do with Hellblazer on their runs. Azzarello and Ennis's runs were both pretty solid.

The big thing I'm looking for on gohastings now are the few remaining graphic novels I need for Morrison's Batman run (Time and the Batman, and the 3 Batman and Robin books).

#6995 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

I've enjoyed seeing what different writers do with Hellblazer on their runs. Azzarello and Ennis's runs were both pretty solid.

The big thing I'm looking for on gohastings now are the few remaining graphic novels I need for Morrison's Batman run (Time and the Batman, and the 3 Batman and Robin books).

Time and the Batman pops up in HC from time to time. For Batman and Robin you might want to look into the Absolute edition since it will be all nice and oversized and special.

#6996 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

There going to be an Easter sale?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#6997 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

There going to be an Easter sale?

we dont know is it easter yet?

#6998 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

There will most likely be on, but we won't know for another 40 minutes or so.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#6999 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

I don't see any Easter sales anywhere.

My guess is either there will be a special email announcement late tonight/this morning, or you'll have to keep your eye out for a "flash sale" from Facebook or Twitter - if there's going to be anything at all that is.

For what it's worth, last year all Hastings had was $5 Off Purchase Of $25 through Tuesday with a unique code you had to get emailed to you, and then 30% Off Used Games, Books, Movies, and Music on Friday and Saturday of Easter week. I wouldn't be surprised to see their $5 off $25/$10 off $40 promotion or the 30% Off Used Books/Movies/Music (but not Graphic Novels or Video Games) to pop up at some point during this week.

On a different topic - I've received a couple of books lately in a new type of envelope. Instead of being bubble padded, it is a more rigid cardboard envelope. It seems to work fine but I can tell thicker books are really going to push the capacity limits of the envelope before tearing starts.

#7000 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

Free Shipping for April Fools Day.

#7001 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

Lots of price increases and out of stock items to be browsed through and ultimately disappointed with. But just maybe Medal of Honor LE is worth $3.55...
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7002 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Did they even have an Easter code or sale?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#7003 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

Did they even have an Easter code or sale?

No. But they didn't last year either.

#7004 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

This sale is really annoying to navigate because the zombie promo banner keeps popping up where I need to enter my info. It completely blocks a quarter of the screen on the left. Anyone else having this issue?

#7005 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Quite a few things came in stock from my list. Figured I had enough to read so I only got Infinite Horizon, Batman & Robin volume 1, and Blackest Night.
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#7006 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Fuck wwe 12 went up 100 percent in price

#7007 Mageshadow

Mageshadow

Taking A Deuce..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I've gotta say the sales as of late ( ~3-4 months ) have been utter shit.

While free shipping is nice there has been times where it's been 20-30% plus free shipping (no exclusions either)
While it's nice to get free shipping it's fucking shady to raise prices.

So just an fyi to whomever the rep is ( if there even is one ) - The sales have been utter shit and I've been very disappointed with your company

#7008 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

I've gotta say the sales as of late ( ~3-4 months ) have been utter shit.

While free shipping is nice there has been times where it's been 20-30% plus free shipping (no exclusions either)
While it's nice to get free shipping it's fucking shady to raise prices.

So just an fyi to whomever the rep is ( if there even is one ) - The sales have been utter shit and I've been very disappointed with your company

Post it (politely) to their facebook page. A rep for sure will see it there. Also keep in mind they can't have rock bottom sales all the time.

#7009 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

I agree about the sales. I didnt even buy anything at the last 40% off sale because prices were sooo high! A lot of the used prices of things on my wishlist are higher than NEW Amazon prices. Plus I dont pay tax or shipping on amazon, so thats a no brainer. I was hoping for another 40% off sale as a few things that might be worth it at 40% off came into stock on my wishlist, but for me free shipping doesnt mean anything. I dont buy anything cheap enough to use it usually. Sometimes I find a dvd or two but I didnt find anything this time around.

#7010 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

there are numerous items today that even with 40 percent off and free shipping are still more expensive then their price w shipping yesterday

ive officially stepped up to complain so we will see if billy ignores me

#7011 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Any time I can get one of the Walking Dead hardcovers for $7 is a win for me - now my collection's up to volumes 2, 3, 6, and 7 (provided 2 actually ships). My omnibus order that got lost in USPS limbo three months ago never found its way here, so I'm pretty much committed to this now.

Enemy of the State and the first Gunslinger graphic novel for $7 each as well has made me fairly content, too. Shame how most of the rest of the sales aren't so great nowadays.

#7012 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

This sale is really annoying to navigate because the zombie promo banner keeps popping up where I need to enter my info. It completely blocks a quarter of the screen on the left. Anyone else having this issue?

I've been saying this for a while. I thought it was a glitch because it only affected some items but it's now an issue with a lot of their games.

I also doubt we'll see as many good sales anymore. They've been losing money for years now so I doubt they wanna have sales.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#7013 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

I've been saying this for a while. I thought it was a glitch because it only affected some items but it's now an issue with a lot of their games.

I also doubt we'll see as many good sales anymore. They've been losing money for years now so I doubt they wanna have sales.

Yes, but the big gohastings spenders (like me) only shop during sales, so they will be losing even more money. I think Ive bought maybe a handful of things from gohastings without the sale and almost every single one I would consider to be a price mistake. The only other one I bought was something I had to have now and it was cheaper than paying the $3 3rd party shipping on amazon, but thats a pretty rare situation, especially now that they are often higher than everyone else on there...

#7014 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Any time I can get one of the Walking Dead hardcovers for $7 is a win for me - now my collection's up to volumes 2, 3, 6, and 7 (provided 2 actually ships). My omnibus order that got lost in USPS limbo three months ago never found its way here, so I'm pretty much committed to this now.

Enemy of the State and the first Gunslinger graphic novel for $7 each as well has made me fairly content, too. Shame how most of the rest of the sales aren't so great nowadays.

That copy of Enemy of the State that was in stock was only half of the series. So you still need the other half. There is an edition with the whole thing in one book, but that wasn't in stock.

#7015 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Picked up a copy of :ps3: Mafia 2 Greatest Hits for $7.xx. It's been awhile Hastings lol

#7016 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yes, but the big gohastings spenders (like me) only shop during sales, so they will be losing even more money. I think Ive bought maybe a handful of things from gohastings without the sale and almost every single one I would consider to be a price mistake. The only other one I bought was something I had to have now and it was cheaper than paying the $3 3rd party shipping on amazon, but thats a pretty rare situation, especially now that they are often higher than everyone else on there...

Sales might be great for padding revenues, but that's not always the when it comes to profits. At the end of the day, profits are what matter. Even if you're buying thousands of dollars worth of stuff, their sales eat into their margins. They've been having sales pretty consistently over the last few years but it sure hasn't helped their bottom line.

But even without the sales, their prices used to be good. Now you see stuff like this and this.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#7017 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Only thing I've been buying from gohastings lately is old music and dvds. Their used game prices are all either OOS or ridiculously over priced. So seconding everyone else, get your freaking head out of the gutter gohastings and put up some competitive prices:bomb:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7018 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Sales might be great for padding revenues, but that's not always the when it comes to profits. At the end of the day, profits are what matter. Even if you're buying thousands of dollars worth of stuff, their sales eat into their margins. They've been having sales pretty consistently over the last few years but it sure hasn't helped their bottom line.

But even without the sales, their prices used to be good. Now you see stuff like this and this.

Oh yea I completely understand that, but there is no way they are going to sell half the stuff at the price they are asking on their website, especially given their terrible quality control and packaging. Stuff like making customers return damaged items was a good move imo becuase im sure there are people out there that would complain about a perfect good product because they knew gohastings policy used to be they would just let you keep it. However, stuff like increasing their price over new products on other sites is just plain stupid. It might work with a 30 or 40% off sale, but only if there are no other used venues available...And no one is going to buy at current prices, therefore a sale is the only way they might get revenues. Of course, they could just fix the pricing already and forget about sales.... That would probably be the better business decision.

#7019 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

I emailed them early this morning about price adjusting my order from last night to get in on the free shipping.
Turns out they don't do that. I figured, but it was worth a shot.

#7020 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

That copy of Enemy of the State that was in stock was only half of the series. So you still need the other half. There is an edition with the whole thing in one book, but that wasn't in stock.

Well, darn. Still not a horrible price for it (at least five bucks cheaper than anywhere else I've looked), and I'll just have to keep an eye out for the other half (and it'll give me something else to pair up with future orders of the TWD hardcovers).

I haven't really read any X-Men comics (or any comics at all, more or less), but the series had received good reviews and I needed one more item to get the promo to work, so I went with it. Any suggestions for future comics?