9094 replies to this topic

#7321 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

Posted Image

unsurprisingly, doesn't work on GNs.

However, GNs in my cart appeared to count as items that enabled the discount on a book, but they didn't receive the discount, only the book did.

#7322 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Updated the first post

#7323 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Everything in my cart went way up. T___T

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#7324 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

nothing on my wishlist changed prices at all, but nothing worth buying this goaround. Maybe tomorrow

#7325 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

Apparently their customer service is open for memorial day weekend. Sent them an email yesterday, and got a reply earlier in the afternoon, but even if it was a weekday that one day turnaround for them is rather rare. Probably nobody knows their customer service is opened for the weekend, so instant email service, lol. ~_~

#7326 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

Apparently their customer service is open for memorial day weekend. Sent them an email yesterday, and got a reply earlier in the afternoon, but even if it was a weekday that one day turnaround for them is rather rare. Probably nobody knows their customer service is opened for the weekend, so instant email service, lol. ~_~

And they said?

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#7327 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

And they said?

It was just a simple return request, so they couldn't screw that one up really thankfully. If you need anything else specific from their email service it's like talking to a brick wall.

#7328 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

:ps3: AC2 came in today. I got a black label copy but there's no instruction manual. Disc looks great, that's all that matters to me. Great deal for $7 shipped.

#7329 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Just want to thank kodave and the crew for keeping this thread up despite the lack of sales over the last few months. Memorial Day sale was a nice flashback to the days of old and I was able to get myself some zombie flicks as an early b-day present. 12 DVDs for $35? Can't really beat that. Now let's just hope some of these are actually good.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7330 gohastings

gohastings

GoHastings.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

We hope you are enjoying our GameTime deals!

#7331 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Just want to thank kodave and the crew for keeping this thread up despite the lack of sales over the last few months. Memorial Day sale was a nice flashback to the days of old and I was able to get myself some zombie flicks as an early b-day present. 12 DVDs for $35? Can't really beat that. Now let's just hope some of these are actually good.

Not to steal any thunder from GoHastings, but Netflix Instant Watch has quite a few zombie flicks available. You can search on instantwatcher.com for them. I can't tell you how many times I bought cheap DVDs only to find them up on Netflix.

#7332 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

I pretty much love kodave for this thread and the way he writes "lies" in the topic and "Highlights/Lies" in the OP. It's so amusing to see him call them out on their false advertising. The rep doesn't even seem to care. :lol: :applause:
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7333 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Not to steal any thunder from GoHastings, but Netflix Instant Watch has quite a few zombie flicks available. You can search on instantwatcher.com for them. I can't tell you how many times I bought cheap DVDs only to find them up on Netflix.

You know, ever since they separated the DVD/Streaming services I have just stayed away. One of the movies I did want to order (but OOS) was one I watched on Netflix though (Berlin Undead).

I pretty much love kodave for this thread and the way he writes "lies" in the topic and "Highlights/Lies" in the OP. It's so amusing to see him call them out on their false advertising. The rep doesn't even seem to care. :lol: :applause:

lol... I just saw that. They definitely have a long way to go in the CS department, but with the sales I will deal with it.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7334 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

what are their 'clearance' games? are they used?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#7335 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

Thanks, though I'll remove the "Lies" part now since Hastings relented and changed the price to what it should have been in the first place. The other thread someone created is getting more traction about those games anyway.

And on the "doesn't even seem to care" front, I received several more Jiffylite yellow/bubble mailer packages today, just splitting at the seams, books exposed to the elements. One even had EIGHT books in it. Just ridiculous. But you don't see the GH rep addressing that either - just posting irrelevant stuff like "We hope you're enjoying our Game Time deals!" after they dragged their feet for two days on getting the correct pricing on the three games actually priced well, with the rest being the same old non-deals. And now ME Trilogy is sold out anyway.

#7336 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

My Tales of Graces f came today, and much faster than expected. It was shrink wrapped with the used stickers on the outside. Even had that new game smell when opened. It is the best item I have received from GoHastings by far.

Received Lego Pirates, Used good conditions, disk was mint but case had knicks and scratches

My Batman Arkham CIty GOTY was sealed new. Just returned the one I paid $20 for :)

Fingers crossed for lollipop

#7337 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

Man, wasn't expecting the prices to update AFTER Memorial Day... Was checking the site during the restock time but skipped over the thread because I though it was just complaints. :P

#7338 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

At least for the PS3 Space Marine it should be new by all indications and has a separate used option.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#7339 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

Like most places, they are new games, just on "clearance."

#7340 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Goddamn. Just got my "used" Bluray order, from the NoSoup deal a week or two ago, and they sent me a fucking rental copy. What some bullshit...
jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#7341 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Just received my order with 6 Blu-rays. All were supposed to be 'previously viewed', but only 2 were. The rest were just used, which I'm very happy about. I would've been completely fine with rental copies since it's what I ordered, so this is a pleasant surprise.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7342 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

Just received my order with 6 Blu-rays. All were supposed to be 'previously viewed', but only 2 were. The rest were just used, which I'm very happy about. I would've been completely fine with rental copies since it's what I ordered, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Uh... used and previously viewed sound like the exact same thing in terms of movies.

Trade List

#7343 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

Uh... used and previously viewed sound like the exact same thing in terms of movies.

Previously viewed are former rentals and thus often contain rental copies which are lacking in special features and just have the feature film. Used means someone traded in their copy.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7344 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

They are not. Rental versions usually come in different boxes, don't come with any liners or inserts, and often times come with no special features and bloated with extra trailers/commercials.

#7345 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

Goddamn. Just got my "used" Bluray order, from the NoSoup deal a week or two ago, and they sent me a fucking rental copy. What some bullshit...

I had the same thing happen to me last week. I just called them, told them what happened, and they gave me my money back and let me keep the PV copy. It was only $4 but can't complain when it's free.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#7346 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

Interesting, I had no idea. Sound like they would be the same on the surface.

Trade List

#7347 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

I had the same thing happen to me last week. I just called them, told them what happened, and they gave me my money back and let me keep the PV copy. It was only $4 but can't complain when it's free.

Good to hear. I'm going to throw an email at them and cross my fingers.
jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#7348 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Other Clearance games that may be worth mentioning:
:3ds: Jewel Master: Cradle of Rome 2 $4.96 (not listed with other clearance games)
:3ds: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D $5.99
:wii: Conduit 2 $7.99
:ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $9.99

#7349 Version3

Version3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

So sad i couldnt get in on ME Trilogy, black friday it is.

#7350 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

So sad i couldnt get in on ME Trilogy, black friday it is.

or 3 days after the next gohastings "sale" prices are supposed to be live.