gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9096 replies to this topic

#7531 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Meh, they just had a 30% off everything used sale, if you didn't want anything then you probably won't want it now.

They actually have a few movies and music I want in stock right now that weren't in stock during the 30% sale.:-x

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#7532 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Do the 40% off sales ever apply to video games? I'm pretty familiar with GoHastings sales but I've never bought video games there, just books, DVDs, and CDs. 

don't touch me

#7533 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

^ I've been shopping here for three years, and I don't recall a time in recent memory when they've done 40% off games. I think they may have done a few back before they redesigned the site and changed their pricing scheme, but generally whenever they have a sale on games they also raise the prices of said games. Then there's shipping to consider; for some reason they can send books for 96 cents per order, but all games (which weigh less than books) cost $2.28 per item. You'd think they'd figure out a way to make shipping games better.

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7534 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

^ I've been shopping here for three years, and I don't recall a time in recent memory when they've done 40% off games. I think they may have done a few back before they redesigned the site and changed their pricing scheme, but generally whenever they have a sale on games they also raise the prices of said games. Then there's shipping to consider; for some reason they can send books for 96 cents per order, but all games (which weigh less than books) cost $2.28 per item. You'd think they'd figure out a way to make shipping games better.

they can send books media mail, whereas games cannot be sent media mail, so if they can combine several into one order, books are cheaper to mail than games. One by one, its generally kind of a wash

#7535 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

There was a 40% off 4+ items in late January, IIRC.

#7536 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

40% offs have always been pretty rare. There were basically 2 seperate 40% off used video games in January, but it was the buy 4 or more deal. Cyber Monday had a normal 40% off.

#7537 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Just wanted to throw this out there that Persona 4 Golden is $21.00 (before shipping) after the 25% code, for those of you who don't mind buying it used  ;)

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#7538 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

Looks like they're done with the 25% off used games, meaning no promotions at the moment.

Though I suspect something will come into play for July 4th, like a "flash sale" or some kind of similar sale.

For those wondering, last year they ran this for the 4th of July:

40% Off Used When You Buy 4 Or More
Includes used video games, books, CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays
Use Code: HAPPYBIRTHDAY
Valid: Wednesday, 7/4 Only

Then after ran:

30% Off Used When You Buy 3 Or More
Use Code: MACARONI
Valid through: Saturday, 7/7

So maybe it will be similar this year.

#7539 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

First post updated. Excludes graphic novels. No video game sales.

#7540 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

WOOOO I STINK

#7541 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Debating about getting World War Z, The Dragon Heir (Heir series), The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles), and The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus. Hmmmm.

#7542 dravack

dravack

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

they can send books media mail, whereas games cannot be sent media mail, so if they can combine several into one order, books are cheaper to mail than games. One by one, its generally kind of a wash

Actually according to several USPS employees at multiple location and myself video games can be shipped media mail. I've done it many times with no issue on either end. Technicality a video game is like a movie both can be shipped media mail because they are digital media.

Edit: actually after looking at the USPS website it does say not including video games odd. lol guess the employees don't care. But, honestly most of them wouldn't know the difference in a video game and a dvd if it bit them on the bum.

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"

#7543 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

The thing is, they charge you shipping per item because they come from multiple locations. If you buy 10 books and they all come from a different location, you still only pay 96 cents total in shipping despite however much shipping amounts to on each of the packages. If you buy 10 DVDs and they each come from a different location, you still pay 96 cents per DVD despite the media mail rate. But if you buy 10 games and 4 of them come from the same place, you pay $2.28 per game including the ones that came together. They should really work on their shipping methods, including those god-awful cardboard/bubble mailers they typically cram everything in.

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,

#7544 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Can anyone go to an item page for a Ranma 1/2 manga (any volume number of the new editions, like the first 5 results when you search "ranma")?  It gives me an error every time, possibly because of the slash in the title.  Any clever workaround so that I could buy one of them?

#7545 Nax5

Nax5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

These 'Qualifying Titles' sales are so awful. They really coudln't do an overall 40% off for 4th of July? Seems like a long time since we have gotten one.

#7546 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

I was about to give up as I thought all the anime I wanted was oos, but decided to do one more quick search, and though the majority of the things I wanted were indeed oos, but surprisingly found stuff I was on the fence on was in stock, so that's always a nice surprise...for my wallet that is.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#7547 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

got 6 movies BD 

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#7548 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Debating about getting World War Z, The Dragon Heir (Heir series), The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles), and The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus. Hmmmm.

World War Z was pretty interesting. The Kane Chronicles were kinda disappointing, but I'd imagine they were intended for a younger audience than me. If you don't like the first (if you try it out), you probably won't like the the following two. I've heard good things about Heroes of Olympus.

don't touch me

#7549 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Took another random browse and somehow ended up spending money again.  Fine Hastings! You can have my $300 for today...jerks...

#7550 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

Took another random browse and somehow ended up spending money again.  Fine Hastings! You can have my $300 for today...jerks...

Ouch. Max I've spent on there is around $50 and that hurt.

don't touch me

#7551 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

Overall all orders? If so that is very little compAre to me :) lol. I love their deals. This year they have been mostly weak though.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#7552 c2thaj

c2thaj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

Would like to get some graphic novels but it's always such a task trying to find stuff I want that is in stock.

They need to make their stuff easier to search through.

#7553 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

Wow, I got shipping notices for 4 things already.  That's just weird. @_@

#7554 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Haha, same here! I won a contest and had a $50 gift card to spend (before they changed their website) and ended up with 40 or so books in one order, and almost all of them were shipped individually. The mailman wasn't happy.

Best,

#7555 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

Would like to get some graphic novels but it's always such a task trying to find stuff I want that is in stock.

They need to make their stuff easier to search through.

Even if you do find something in stock, there's no guarantee that the 40% off would apply to it. I just ordered six graphic novels and only four of them got the 40% off. Not a big deal since each of them were less than $2, though. 

You could look through the list they provide (x) but it'd be easier to just add stuff to your cart and find if it's applicable.

don't touch me

#7556 romodome

romodome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Probabably talked about before, a few $1.99 blurays (some blu/dvd combos came up) including the dictator, ghost rider, 5yr engagement, red, safe and 360. Not the best but if you need an item to get to four, pretty good deals for about $2.00 shipped.

Testes

#7557 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

playing Roulette again with all these previewed blurays. But couldn't pass up the cheap prices. All previously viewed bluray unless noted:

Allstar Superman Used $2.16

Justice League Doom Used $4.26

Confessions of a Superhero Used DVD $2.06

Winter's Bone Used $3.51

Total Recall(2012) $4.83

The Impossible $6.75

Side Effects $5.88

Killing Them Softly $5.31

Jack Reacher $6.60

Mama $5.75

Alex Cross $3.75

Bourne Legacy $3.92

Premium Rush $4.83

Savages $3.75

Oz: the Great and Powerful $9.00 (this one I was hesitant on but pulled the trigger)

not bad for about $87 shipped. I wanted to get Silver Linings Playbook and Texas Chainsaw too but they are oos.

EDIT

placed a second order. All used bluray except Safe which was previously viewed:

Breaking Bad season 5 $20.88

Safe $1.20

Cold Light of Day $3.75

Wanderlust $3.51

Our Idiot Brother $4.75

total for this one was about $39 after shipping.

I'm pretty pleased. :)

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#7558 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Updated the first post.

#7559 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Thanks OP. Gonna see if I can get a few volumes of Rurouni Kenshin that the 40% off wouldn't apply to last time.

don't touch me

#7560 heatfan1121

heatfan1121

Pikmin 3 is Awesome!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

I was finally able to complete my One Piece collection for about $20. Thanks OP!