gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9092 replies to this topic

#181 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

anyone with experience with used controllers from hastings? warranty?

I don't know that I've ever seen an explicit warranty policy on used controllers... But the GoHasting's refund policy states:

All items purchased through gohastings.com may be returned for a full refund of the purchase price, if they meet the following criteria:

• All items are in original unopened packaging.
  • Return of product is within 30 days of when it was shipped.

Obviously used items are already opened. I don't think anyone has figured out if this applies to used items, but it seems like you could make an argument to customer service that you should get a refund if the controller breaks within 30 days of shipping. And hopefully people don't swap out their broken controllers for new used ones from GoHastings (not accusing you of thinking of doing this, slcgamer).

How do I ship to multiple addresses?

You place multiple orders. Obviously the GoHastings system can't handle shipping to multiple addresses in the same order.

Edited by kodave, 18 September 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#182 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

Going to post twice in a row to clarify the first post so what I say doesn't get lost in my last post...

The controller deal was $29.99 when I found the image earlier in the week. I guess Hastings noticed it was a non-deal or perhaps it was just a typo. (I guess I know how Muthafodder may feel now, sorta.)

The deal price is now $19.99 for the used controllers. When you add a filler book and use the code SAVEABE, you can get the controller for as low as $18.51 based on in stock cheap filler books.

That actually seems like it could be a deal, but I'm not up on current 360 used controller prices.

And I still think that will be the deal for this week based on the weekly email GoHastings sent this morning.

#183 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Not really a game deal unless gohastings has game soundtracks but 30% off used CDs with the code BREAKDANCE
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#184 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

Got all the books I ordered last week. All came great except for Batman: The Dark Knight Returns having a bend in the top right corner and Gunslinger having a disfigured cover. Others were pretty okay for used books.

Hoping the other 4 books I ordered on the weekend come in great shape.

#185 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:24 AM

Got all the books I ordered last week. All came great except for Batman: The Dark Knight Returns having a bend in the top right corner and Gunslinger having a disfigured cover. Others were pretty okay for used books.

Hoping the other 4 books I ordered on the weekend come in great shape.

Got my Simpsons World Seasons 1-20 Episode Guide. It came in good shape for a "used" book. Probably one of the better $20 I've dropped on something.

#186 Ichigo2125

Ichigo2125

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

Just got 11 of the guides I ordered they are all in like new condition and 4 of them were even sealed.

#187 luischav3z

luischav3z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:48 AM

Just got 11 of the guides I ordered they are all in like new condition and 4 of them were even sealed.

That's why I didn't get a chance to get one. Hope I get better luck next time.

#188 Ichigo2125

Ichigo2125

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

That's why I didn't get a chance to get one. Hope I get better luck next time.

None of the guides I ordered ever went out of stock so save those tears ;)

#189 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

None of the guides I ordered ever went out of stock so save those tears ;)

lol people will blame anything just to b*tch about how they didn't get what they want.

#190 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

I'm waiting on 5 more books. So far all of my hardcovers have been in awesome shape. My paperbacks... Not so much. One was good, one was decent, and two were absolutely disgusting. I don't even want to think about what was stuck on the covers, but I immediately got some paper towels, mild soap, water, and Goo Gone to try to clean them up into decent shape. So I'm ecstatic about my hardcovers but will likely pass on most paperbacks from GoHastings in the future.

Also, I'm updating the first post with the nondescript upcoming games sale banner, which says little to nothing about selection or price.

#191 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:47 AM

I'm waiting on 5 more books. So far all of my hardcovers have been in awesome shape. My paperbacks... Not so much. One was good, one was decent, and two were absolutely disgusting. I don't even want to think about what was stuck on the covers, but I immediately got some paper towels, mild soap, water, and Goo Gone to try to clean them up into decent shape. So I'm ecstatic about my hardcovers but will likely pass on most paperbacks from GoHastings in the future.

Also, I'm updating the first post with the nondescript upcoming games sale banner, which says little to nothing about selection or price.

There's only one paperback I've gotten so far that I would call disgusting and that would be gunslinger. My reorder of a cancelled book came today and it was almost new. Also, hardcovers are always out of stock for me....

#192 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

Having worked for Hastings I can say that we really did check our stuff for quality. There are lots of rules regarding used items. Nothing is accepted as trade in if there are any major defects. I mean, sometimes stuff gets through. And sometimes I just felt bad for some people and would accept their exchanges as long as whatever was against our policy wasn't like serious damage to the book/case/whatever. Like, I let through a few books with a name written on an inside cover or without a barcode if I could find it in the system. But, I mean, for the most part you'll get good stuff. I never would have accepted any of the stuff you guys have described. :-/

One interesting note: Hastings does buy backs on ALL CDs. If you have a CD, regardless of what it is, they will buy it from you. Even if it isn't in the system they will buy it from you for like a quarter and sell it for seventy-five cents to a dollar.

#193 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

Everything I've received so far from the FILLURSHELVES orders I place has been in good to very good condition, except for one; the manga Blood Alone Vol. 3 didn't have the awesome dust jacket I was hoping for and now kind of resembles a small, nameless black book. I ordered Vol. 1 in the same order, and it came with a nice dust jacket.

I'm really wondering, since it's technically incomplete, if I should e-mail customer support and ask for an exchange; chances are I'll never see another physical copy of this obscure manga, yet not having all three complete kind of detracts from the glamour of even having them. What's the general consensus on dealing with Hastings as far as returns or exchanges go? I know I tried contacting them a few times, asking them to fix some Systems Errors on things I wished to purchase, and they just ignored me.

#194 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

Yeah, not gonna lie. Online support are kinda dicks.

I worked in a city with three physical Hastings stores and another twenty minutes away. So I didn't deal with the online site until after I was no longer an employee. And on the occasions that I've needed to call and ask about an order they weren't very helpful. But I have a high standard of customer service after having it hammered into me in college. So maybe I'm just picky?

#195 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

My books so far have come in surprisingly good condition. I'm buying these books to read them though, not necessarily to save them, so my standards aren't exceptionally high. Either way, I'm very very pleased so far.

Lastly, I ordered a copy of Dark Knight Returns with my 360 controller and used the $5 off $20 coupon, but Dark Knight was cancelled, so I ended up getting just the controller for a little over $16. Sounds good to me!

#196 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

Everything I've received so far from the FILLURSHELVES orders I place has been in good to very good condition, except for one; the manga Blood Alone Vol. 3 didn't have the awesome dust jacket I was hoping for and now kind of resembles a small, nameless black book. I ordered Vol. 1 in the same order, and it came with a nice dust jacket.

I'm really wondering, since it's technically incomplete, if I should e-mail customer support and ask for an exchange; chances are I'll never see another physical copy of this obscure manga, yet not having all three complete kind of detracts from the glamour of even having them. What's the general consensus on dealing with Hastings as far as returns or exchanges go? I know I tried contacting them a few times, asking them to fix some Systems Errors on things I wished to purchase, and they just ignored me.

Since their online order management system is shit I feel like you have to find a CS rep with the knowledge and willingness to go above and beyond to do an exchange. I'm sure they'll offer you a full refund on the book no problem though.

#197 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:57 AM

Had my first sour experience with GoHastings today. I ordered about $22 worth of stuff using SAVEABE on one order. Two items turned out to be out of stock, dipping my total below $20 -- which wiped out my $5 coupon. Since it's not my fault those items went out of stock -- hell, they were my highest wants out of the lot -- I feel like it's unfair to drop the coupon. I sent them a couple of polite emails making the case, but they keep insisting that SAVEABE was never a valid promotional code! This is such a bafflingly stupid argument that I'm sure they must just be sending form replies. I would call but I don't feel like being put on hold and waiting over $5. So it comes down to fighting for the principle and wasting more time than the money's worth, or letting them get away with a wrong and incompetent move. Like Amazon, they've earned enough of my goodwill that I'll probably just let it slide. But be warned that if your order dips below the coupon minimum due to inventory, you might miss out on it.

#198 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

Fingers crossed for another used book sale soon. I got some real gems this time round.

#199 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:52 AM

Received my last of four shipments from Hastings today, 23 books total. The 3 paperbacks I ordered were brand new, and 4 of the hardbacks were new or had never been read Im happy. Now I keep hoping for a bad winter so I can catch up on my reading and backlog of games.

#200 VegaTheChosen

VegaTheChosen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

I couldn't sleep on this controller deal in for one glossy and the giants skull book.

#201 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

I ordered like 11 manga and one xbox 360 controller for $30 Shipped. All looks brand new! Love Gohastings! Will definitely buy again soon.

#202 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

Facebook promotion:

Use code SHIPIT to get $1 standard shipping per item. Only available this Saturday and Sunday.
Get a great value from your used games by trading at Leaptrade.

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:MrPlow

#203 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:19 AM

Facebook promotion:

Use code SHIPIT to get $1 standard shipping per item. Only available this Saturday and Sunday.

Cool

#204 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:24 AM

Do these come with a battery? I see no mention.

#205 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:35 AM

Facebook promotion:

If you order mixed media, such as books, with DVDs or games, you'll actually be charged $1 shipping for the books as well. I found that out earlier. :hot:

#206 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Updated the first post with the current promotions. Will list out every qualifying previously viewed game later tonight.

#207 Narok

Narok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

Tempted to grab EA Sports MMA for $10.

#208 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:16 AM

First post updated with all of the qualifying games and prices.

Also thanks to PlowK1NG for pointing out the $1 shipping, which has about 2 hours and 45 minutes left.

#209 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

Nice, my $8 copy of Vanquish (360) came factory-sealed.

#210 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:03 AM

Crap, I missed the $1 shipping. How often does it come around?