gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9062 replies to this topic

#3361 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Umm I have always bought used games from them, but want to buy a previously used one; does the game come w/ the original case or a rental case usually?

#3362 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Umm I have always bought used games from them, but want to buy a previously used one; does the game come w/ the original case or a rental case usually?

If you value the condition and quality of your games or movies, DO NOT BUY PREVIOUSLY VIEWED/USED.

Hope that helps. ^__^
Posted Image

#3363 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

If you value the condition and quality of your games or movies, DO NOT BUY PREVIOUSLY VIEWED/USED.

Hope that helps. ^__^

Well, its a PS3 game, so I assume the BR won't be really damaged... I really want to know if they come w/ the original case or not to make my buying decision.

#3364 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3) $20 plus $1 shipping :)
http://www.gohasting...u/286563549.uts

oos

:(

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#3365 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Well, its a PS3 game, so I assume the BR won't be really damaged... I really want to know if they come w/ the original case or not to make my buying decision.

They rarely come complete with original everything, and will most likely be in a generic or rental case. I was hoping my warning would cover this part too, but I guess I wasn't clear enough.
Posted Image

#3366 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Used actually usually comes with the shit it should. Previously Viewed is where you take the risk.

#3367 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

They rarely come complete with original everything, and will most likely be in a generic or rental case. I was hoping my warning would cover this part too, but I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Got you! Thanks!

Used actually usually comes with the shit it should. Previously Viewed is where you take the risk.

Thanks, I like to have the shit (orig case).

#3368 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Just for the record, I've bought a mix of both used and previously viewed from GoHastings and every single thing I've ordered has come in its original case and all but two things have been in good condition. I've ordered probably 50+ things and maybe 6-7 of those were previously viewed. A few times, the previously viewed came in better condition than some of the used items. Still YMMV though, obviously.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3369 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

Just for the record, I've bought a mix of both used and previously viewed from GoHastings and every single thing I've ordered has come in its original case and all but two things have been in good condition. I've ordered probably 50+ things and maybe 6-7 of those were previously viewed. A few times, the previously viewed came in better condition than some of the used items. Still YMMV though, obviously.

For me it's been the complete opposite, and in many of the cases I've received PV in the place of USED, so it's even worse. And I have 50+ orders in the past 2 months, not just items, so I have a pretty good sample size as well as far as my experience goes. I've actually stopped ordering PV altogether and I am still getting them even when I ordered USED, and the conditions are horrible on the ones that do arrive PV. But as you said, it'll be YMMV.
Posted Image

#3370 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Fair enough, Squarehard. I'm not gonna say I haven't gotten previously viewed copies when I ordered used, but for the most part, used is a better choice.

#3371 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Fair enough, Squarehard. I'm not gonna say I haven't gotten previously viewed copies when I ordered used, but for the most part, used is a better choice.

Amen to that.
Posted Image

#3372 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

They don't need a warehouse. Look at your order IDs and you can see exactly how much they're selling. We're talking about 500-1000 orders per day. That's 4-8 per store per day. Let's say 5 items per, that's 20-40 items per store per day. Probably much less when there are no sales, which seems to be most of the time nowadays. That in no way requires a warehouse. It also is really laughable that at those volumes, they still can't get inventory right.

And yes, they're trading at low prices, but they were an $8 stock 2 years ago. Toys R Us already went bankrupt once, hence why they have private buyers (who I actually happen to know). It's foolish to compare them to Wal-Mart and Target but there is no reason they aren't as successful as Half Price Books. Big surprise, Half Price Books doesn't sell online, which is probably for the best. If you're not going to do it right, then why bother? Hastings bothered, and they're closing down stores and running a half-assed site. Maybe the Toys R Us owners will buy it for pennies on the dollar.

Despite the fact you are guessing at knowing the volume of orders and number of items in the orders based of what you think an order invoice from them means, you still completely ignored my point about the pitfall of running a central shipping location out of a retail front store.

Again, this whole thing stems from the idea "OMGz why can't the ship everything all at once instead of in 20 packages." Amazon doesn't even ship everything in the same package, so I don't know what the Fuck people are going on about. I've had Best Buy items arrive separately from the same order. Large enterprises with a handful of warehouse locations across the country specifically for internet orders don't always ship your entire order from the same location, yet people think Hastings should? Logistics aside, that's just a huge "What the fuck" kind of statement. I've never ever once read any complaints about Amazon items arriving separately. But people like to pick on Hastings because its easy to do.

Who cares how they ship it (in terms of individual packages or all together) as long as your total price including shipping costs works out to be cheaper than the same item from another retailer or seller, including shipping?

But since you seem to know how to turn Hastings' business around, maybe you should send John Marmaduke your CV and a proposal. I'm sure he'll be real impressed by the references from your investor friends who own Toys R Us now.

Its also funny you continually blast Hastings where as stores like Toys R Us, Best Buy, f.y.e., etc. are all not doing so hot. The demand for physical locations for media items is increasingly shrinking. Hastings has many areas where they can do better for sure, but they're not exactly in a growing B&M industry.

#3373 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Not to derail your conversation, but I just didn't feel it was fair picking on HPB just based on your experience.

My point wasnt to pick on them, just to say they are vastly different from hastings. Ive been in a ton of different locations and all were the same, so I guess you have some better HPB near you than I do :-)

#3374 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Picked up few games today with $0.99 shipping :)
"Evil is Funs"

#3375 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

so im in ny it started in kc and went to la first

lol usps

#3376 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

How are the used items from GoHasting usually? Do they usually come complete

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#3377 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

its a crapshoot 35 percent of the time

#3378 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

its a crapshoot 35 percent of the time

I would say it's a little bit more than 35%. Like I said, it is YMMV and this is just my own personal experiences, but every single thing I've ever ordered has come complete. There's only been a couple of times where something has come damaged.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3379 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

I would say it's a little bit more than 35%. Like I said, it is YMMV and this is just my own personal experiences, but every single thing I've ever ordered has come complete. There's only been a couple of times where something has come damaged.

Ive ordered thousands of items from them, and rarely do things not come complete. Infact, I think Ive only once or twice had used come incomplete for movies/dvd sets. Usually the games I get are complete too, but the most common occurrence seems that it doesnt come with the manual. More likely is the item coming in poor condition, but that is less than 10% for me too...

#3380 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

lol usps

Hard to predict what USPS does. I live in CA and have had stuff shipped from NV and then make a road trip to the easy coast, and then eventually to CA in the end. You never know with the USPS. ^__^
Posted Image

#3381 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:05 AM

I ordered from them for the first time this week. Fast shipping and the movies were really like new, both case and disc. I decided to try them out for some games now. Happy so far...

Posted Image

#3382 V3rtigo

V3rtigo

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

I hate to burst your bubble here (well, not really) but HPB does sell stuff online through the Amazon marketplace and through their own website.

They don't sell anything of their own on their own site. Other sellers sell stuff through hpb, just like private sellers on amazon.

#3383 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

Enough of the arguing. Keep it on topic, please.

#3384 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Thank you, Trakan.

A while back I actually calculated how many of my games came complete from Hastings and I think it was something like 95%. And I've ordered quite a few games from them.

#3385 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

Actually, my :br: Back to the Future Blu-ray Trilogy came in great condition, but had no outer slipcover. It wasn't enough to fuss about, so I let it slide, but some may call that incomplete.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3386 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

lol usps

Last year had a first class package take a month to get to me. I live in IN and it went from LA>NYC>Philly>DC>Cincy>finally me. USPS does drop the ball sometimes.

#3387 djjewboy

djjewboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

I got fucked on my most recent GoHastings order. Ordered 10 games, 3 of them were messed up.
Bulletstorm and Call of Juarez were so scratched my XBOX would not read them.
RAGE came with 1 of the 3 discs. How do you screw that up?

#3388 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

I got fucked on my most recent GoHastings order. Ordered 10 games, 3 of them were messed up.
Bulletstorm and Call of Juarez were so scratched my XBOX would not read them.
RAGE came with 1 of the 3 discs. How do you screw that up?

Hopefully you contacted customer service and got them returned.

And did you order previously used or were they used on the ones that were complete trashed? As for the RAGE with only 1 of 3 discs, I can definitely see an inexperienced employee not knowing it comes with 3 discs since some of the stuff they take in I have questioned in the past, so it's not like it never happens. I've had these things happen at Gamestop too. Employees don't always look on the box to see how many discs there are and what not, so it tends to happen.

Luckily I only buy PS3 games from them now, so I don't really ever worry about getting only one disc of a set, lol.

But hopefully customer service got all those refunded for you.
Posted Image

#3389 sillymonkey321

sillymonkey321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Received another damaged hardcover graphic novel mailed in a plastic bag. :( I hope Hastings changes their minds on their packaging.

#3390 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Received another damaged hardcover graphic novel mailed in a plastic bag. :( I hope Hastings changes their minds on their packaging.

Bring these kinds of things up on their Facebook. Surprisingly I've gotten a lot of help with my posts on Facebook, and even talked to supervisors and what not about some of the issues brought up there, so if you feel strongly about it, definitely bring it to their attention on their Facebook since they are one of the few companies that actually read what's being said on there.
Posted Image