Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Sun-Tues: 25% Off Qualifying Used Game Guides, Books, CDs & Movies

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9062 replies to this topic

#3031 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

I think that sums it up nicely. Sorry if I overstepped there, I was trying to be helpful, but realize that the more we think we know about how GH works, we're probably all wrong!

Not at all. It's always fun to have these discussions though because it is unpredictable. ^__^
Posted Image

#3032 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 'showing up in stock' may be due to the fact that multiple versions are grouped into one listing. For instance if you search for Watchmen, when you click on Watchmen there may be Paperback, Used Paperback, Hardcover, Used Hardcover, etc. If any ONE of those are in stock, the entire item will be listed as 'in stock' if you search Watchmen.

Also regarding price drops for OOS items, I think that if the item is OOS then the price means zilch. A 'real' price doesn't seem to be assigned until the item is actually in stock. The oos prices just seem to me to be some sort of odd placeholder price that means absolutely nothing.

That was true in the past where they would show each title just ones (so the PS3 and 360 versions, plus new/used/pre-owned would all be shown as one result).

Now they list each item and version separately (ie, there's a separate result for :ps3: Max Payne 3 new, :360: Max Payne 3 new, :ps3: Max Payne 3 used, and so on). I thought they did this to help which what's actually in stock but it doesn't appear to be working...:-?

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3033 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Here's hoping my credit card goes through...

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3034 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

All for 360:

Condemned 2: Bloodshot
The Last Remnant
Devil May Cry 4
Blue Dragon

Merchandise: $13.74
Shipping: $9.12
Tax: $1.96
Total: $24.82

Should I do this... ?

#3035 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

It's an okay deal, not the best. $6.25 per game. Condemned is great and I personally enjoyed the Last Remnant. DMC4 isn't bad, but Blue Dragon I couldn't get into (in part because one of the actors from Digimon voices the main character in this game).

#3036 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

STILL getting the system error whenever I try to check out. In the midst of all that, 3 items went out of stock. Ugh, so frustrating. It's been two weeks with this error now.

AND another thing goes out of stock. So, that's 10 minutes of me trying to get my order to go through, with 4 movies going out of stock whilst doing so. =/

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3037 jetts

jetts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Man, this shipping is a killer if you are trying to buy old games. The 4 games I want comes out to 13 bucks, which is fantastic, but the shipping is 9 dollars which brings it up to 22. The shipping cost pretty much negates the 40% off deal.

#3038 Ps3akuma

Ps3akuma

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Everything is out of stock. :(

#3039 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Is it just me or did shipping go up since yesterday? 9 bucks on 4 items seems higher than it was showing with the last coupon.

#3040 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

I don't even pay attention to this thread and I can tell you that shipping is generally $2.28 ($2.28 x 4 = $9.12). It had been $0.96 for a short period of time so that's why you probably think it went up.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#3041 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

Is it just me or did shipping go up since yesterday? 9 bucks on 4 items seems higher than it was showing with the last coupon.

Standard shipping is $2.28 per game when there isn't a sale. There was a $0.96 shipping code last week, but I don't believe there was on from the Sunday change, so not sure what could have caused your cart to still show the $0.96 shipping. Maybe the cache was glitched and kept showing the wrong discount, since it tends to do that on my browser from time to time. But in any case, shipping is and has always been $2.28 per game.
Posted Image

#3042 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

am i banned or something? site wont let me buy shit since last year :(
Posted Image

#3043 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Thanks for clarifying the shipping thing. 3 bucks a game seems excessive but I guess they figure they are coming from 4 different stores.

I ended up ordering GTA IV complete, Sacred 2, MW1 and MW2 for 50 bucks after the discount and 13 dollars in shipping and tax...not too bad, but nothing super great either. Checked ebay and gamestop before pulling the trigger and the prices were a little better even including shipping and tax.

I wish the stores had the games the prices on the website. The used prices in store are a joke.

#3044 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

am i banned or something? site wont let me buy shit since last year :(

Contact GoHastings customer service.

#3045 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

A few of the things I wanted went out of stock and now, while being out of stock, have jumped up in price to the point where I no longer want them. Dammit. Things went from $7 to $12. Ugh.

Of course, the code is no longer valid and one of the movies I wanted comes back in stock. Why did the code end an hour early anyway? It started at midnight central time. I would've thought it'd go to til midnight central time the next day.

I've had great customer service from the CAG GoHastings rep, but I guess I just haven't had good experiences with the site itself lately. Bummer.

Edited by Tsel, 05 July 2012 - 04:25 AM.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3046 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

The shipping on this pretty much kills it for me.

#3047 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

I've had great customer service from the CAG GoHastings rep, but I guess I just haven't had good experiences with the site itself lately. Bummer.

The customer service can only do so much when it comes to the site, which is a damn shame because they are great. But yeah, it really does suck with what's going on with your account. I can't imagine what I'd do if I couldn't shop on Hasting's site. :*(
Posted Image

#3048 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

Been pondering rebuying Max Payne 3 for awhile, and figured why not for 28.80.... Turns out the code stopped working as I go through checkout. I guess it's not meant to be.

#3049 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

How do i check where my games are that I ordered on sunday? I goto order tracking and there's nothing there detailing where in the US my games are and the estimated arrival. AWD isnt like this.

#3050 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Made another order before the code expires. This time all anime DVDs:

Spoiler

So spent about $200 for 60Plus items. :D

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#3051 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

How do i check where my games are that I ordered on sunday? I goto order tracking and there's nothing there detailing where in the US my games are and the estimated arrival. AWD isnt like this.

Check your email. You should have received shipping notifications once they were sent. If you have not received a shipping notification then they have yet to be shipped.

#3052 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

Just go to your account and go to order history. It won't show you the tracking for the items, but it will say if it's been shipped, in progress, or canceled, so everything you need to know is there. And Amazon shows tracking for everything fulfilled by Amazon, so it's not going to be like that on Hastings, or many other places for that matter, so shouldn't go in with such high expectations.

But if you haven't received an email for products you ordered on Sunday, then they will probably be canceled since usually if it's past two days, it's just a matter of time before it gets canceled.

Go check your account's order history.

Check your email. You should have received shipping notifications once they were sent. If you have not received a shipping notification then they have yet to be shipped.

It's usually safer just to check your account because the emails are not ALWAYS sent out due to some sort of bad coding on their end. I've had to check my account for numerous orders in the past that's shipped and I never received confirmation on them. It's just safer to check the order history if it's taking too long.
Posted Image

#3053 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

on their amazon store they are selling fallout new vegas ultimate for $15+4 for shipping for the PC. not a bad deal, i am hoping it will be cheaper on steam next week

http://www.amazon.co...1&condition=new
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#3054 spike4536

spike4536

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

Damnit! I was adding my last item to the cart and the freaking happybirthday code stopped working. I thought I'd be ok since it was only 11:15 where i'm at but I guess not. I hope they have another similar sale soon.

#3055 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

Alright thanks guys. The games shipped, I just though like amazon and best nuy, you get to see adaily report of where your games are at and when they might arrive? Ive ordered from gohastings twice before and Im pretty sure I got to see where my games where located every day.

#3056 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

Alright thanks guys. The games shipped, I just though like amazon and best nuy, you get to see adaily report of where your games are at and when they might arrive? Ive ordered from gohastings twice before and Im pretty sure I got to see where my games where located every day.

You do, but it's through the USPS tracking website instead of it being integrated into the website a la Amazon, etc. Hastings isn't big time enough for that.

#3057 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

You do, but it's through the USPS tracking website instead of it being integrated into the website a la Amazon, etc. Hastings isn't big time enough for that.

Booyah, there you go. Thank you, thats what I needed.:applause::applause::applause:

Bad thing is my fucking games are still in TX, so I can expect those games in a week or so. Not that Im in a rush, but the sooner the better.

#3058 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

made an order a little while ago, and now that I received the invoice im being charged full price. Same with the pending charge on my CC. Fuck, now I remember why I quit buying from this shit company.

#3059 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

made an order a little while ago, and now that I received the invoice im being charged full price. Same with the pending charge on my CC. Fuck, now I remember why I quit buying from this shit company.

if it's a lower price when you check out and even after its processed isn't that breaking some laws of some sort? I better not be charged full price on my last order. I literally checked out at 12:55 eastern time.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#3060 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

Did you see the discounts applied at the final checkout page, or did you just do the auto clicking to finish? I ask because the code has been expired for awhile now, so not sure if the code was applied when you checked out. If you did use the code while the sale was still going though, you can always call up customer service tomorrow and have them apply the code to the order, assuming you did use the code while it was still active. Otherwise they probably won't help you since you didn't pay attention to it. But if it's not the latter, then call them up and they will be able to fix it since I've had that happen to me in the past before when codes were active, but went through as full charge.
Posted Image