Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Sun-Tues: 25% Off Qualifying Used Game Guides, Books, CDs & Movies

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9062 replies to this topic

#3811 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Well, got my first negative experience with GoHastings today. I ordered Wolf's Rain Vol.7 DVD and I got an X-Men DVD instead. Going to e-mail them now about it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3812 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Well, got my first negative experience with GoHastings today. I ordered Wolf's Rain Vol.7 DVD and I got an X-Men DVD instead. Going to e-mail them now about it.

Wow, they weren't even close on that one. Just give them a call.

pokemon adventures
yugioh series
megaman nt
pretty face
fma
inuyasha
hikaru no go
ultimate muscle

and i have queued
db
dbz
shaman king
one piece
yuyuhakusho
soul eater

prob have a few others queued that i cant think of

my life goal is to watch every tv show every movie and read every manga during my lifespan(already a ways into tv and movies(currently have 31tb worth of those and watch them almost 24/7 w 1 hour for books and then 2.5 hours for sleep all while maintaining a job)

oh and obv play or watch a full playthrough of every video game

Not sure if I should be recommending to you anything...
Posted Image

#3813 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

pokemon adventures
yugioh series
megaman nt
pretty face
fma
inuyasha
hikaru no go
ultimate muscle

and i have queued
db
dbz
shaman king
one piece
yuyuhakusho
soul eater

prob have a few others queued that i cant think of

my life goal is to watch every tv show every movie and read every manga during my lifespan(already a ways into tv and movies(currently have 31tb worth of those and watch them almost 24/7 w 1 hour for books and then 2.5 hours for sleep all while maintaining a job)

oh and obv play or watch a full playthrough of every video game

If you want more battle manga, try Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore, Gantz, Berserk, Vagabond, Dorohedoro, Blade of the Immortal, or Battle Angel Alita. There are more, of course.

For future reference, you can use this page to search for series that are licensed in English. There's an option to show only licensed series, so be sure to check that.

#3814 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

oh also knights of the zodiac is on my queue cant forget that as is kenshin as mentioned above this

#3815 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Where do you work that you're able to watch 20+ hours of media, read for an hour, and function on 2.5 hours of sleep every day?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3816 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Where do you work that you're able to watch 20+ hours of media, read for an hour, and function on 2.5 hours of sleep every day?

i play poker professionally

#3817 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Atelier Totori is $22 new before shipping.

#3818 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

So I've had my cart loaded up with some stuff for no real reason. For the first time ever after having not checked out, I got one of those email reminders that I have stuff in my cart, like Best Buy (annoyingly) sends. I ignored it. Didn't clear my cart. Then today I got another reminder email, but it included a 5% off coupon code in it to encourage me to complete my check out.

Obviously that's nothing compared to the current deal, and the deals don't/can't stack, but maybe there is some situation where the 5% off might be of some help, like for items that never are part of promotions or something.

#3819 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

That's weird. I have stuff in my cart all the time. WTH! *flips table* *makes generic insulting rant towards Hastings and their high rate on shipping*
Posted Image

#3820 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

i play poker professionally

I'm going to take a wild guess...

Spoiler

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#3821 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

I'm going to take a wild guess...

Spoiler

nope but thanks for the racist guess

#3822 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Picked up the Dragon's Dogma strategy guide for $10 shipped! Usually I don't use strategy guides but for this game it would be nice :D

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#3823 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

Only guides I'd previously bought were for FFX and X2 but I just bought one for fallout 3 goty and it is huge! May get one for skyrim too since I'm always worried about making the 'right' choices. Bought those 3 new though so no experience with the quality of GH used guides.

#3824 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

Just got an email that I had stuff in my cart and GH sent me a 5% off code, whoopee. I'll wait for the next 30% off sale. Anyone care to guess when that maybe? Also wasn't there a 30% off video game sale before this sale. Thanks.
Posted Image

#3825 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

When does the current 30%/40% sale end?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3826 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

When does the current 30%/40% sale end?

Saturday

#3827 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

Saturday

Thanks. Is that GoHasting's sale schedule all the time or does it vary from sale to sale?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3828 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

Thanks. Is that GoHasting's sale schedule all the time or does it vary from sale to sale?

It all depends.

Some weeks things are week long, some weeks its only a few days then a new deal replaces it. No rhyme nor reason to any of it. And they've stopped putting the end date on the website images. Usually there's an end date on the email images but there wasn't this week. I assume they're trying to get people to buy it now rather than sit on their carts for a whole week.

#3829 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

It all depends.

Some weeks things are week long, some weeks its only a few days then a new deal replaces it. No rhyme nor reason to any of it. And they've stopped putting the end date on the website images. Usually there's an end date on the email images but there wasn't this week. I assume they're trying to get people to buy it now rather than sit on their carts for a whole week.

That's why I had to ask in here. I always pay attention to the end date, but I noticed it wasn't there this time.

I have a few things sitting in my cart, but nothing I desperately want, so I may just sit and wait it out to see if anything else I want pops back into stock or some prices fluctuate or something.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3830 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

I have a few things sitting in my cart, but nothing I desperately want, so I may just sit and wait it out to see if anything else I want pops back into stock or some prices fluctuate or something.

Pretty much what I'm doing. And by the low activity in the thread this week, either most everyone else is doing it too or people just aren't that chatty this week.

#3831 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

Pretty much what I'm doing. And by the low activity in the thread this week, either most everyone else is doing it too or people just aren't that chatty this week.

Well usually the "chatty" are more just people complaining about Hastings, so it seems to be a pretty good week in that regard. ;D
Posted Image

#3832 Audio33

Audio33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

Got an email from goHastings. 40% OFF select New & Used Metal CDs using the same code "GOLDMEDAL".

http://www.gohasting..._campaign=Music

I wish I would've knew this, I just ordered a bunch of used ones.

#3833 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

just put in my order for the rest of megaman nt and a couple hikaru no go volumes

#3834 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Wow, they weren't even close on that one. Just give them a call.

Yeah I did, they told me to keep the item and they will be refunding me for the purchase. Thumbs up for Hastings for that.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3835 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

i dont have full info for this coming week but the deals appear to be on

tv on dvd
used games
used music

Edited by cjenvy, 17 August 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#3836 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Just finished my regular chat with the Hastings supervisor, and discussed some of the recent issues.

Okay, so I have some good and bad news for the poly mailer issues.

So apparently poly mailers were never meant to be used for the larger packages. It is even written in their handbook on how to ship packages (that all employees are supposed to use before packaging the item) that larger packages have to go in a bubble mailer, and not poly mailers, so I guess there was a miscommunication somewhere when they started ordering poly mailers by the bulk for everything.

Hastings has re-ordered a large amount of the regular bubble mailers from before and will begin phasing out the poly mailers for bigger packages since they aren't supposed to be ship that way to begin with. Also the handbook specifically notes bigger boxsets such as DVDs have to go in bubble mailers. Games are still in the hazy area, so I will get back to you when I find out about those.

Also CDs, and anything that are in jewel cases are also not supposed to be put into a poly mailer, so they are going to start phasing out poly mailers for CDs as well.

For smaller packages unfortunately, such as first class mail for DVDs and games, items will still be delivered in poly mailers.

So that is some good news at least that they have decided to go away from the poly mailers for the bigger packages and will be going back to the bubble mailers, but of course this change will take some time as they have to make sure all employees who are shipping things out are actually properly reading the handbook, or they just need to pay more attention to what they are packing up.

It will take some time, but this is at least a step in the right direction, and also glad they are listening to the complaints, and doing something about it.

But yeah, that was the main topic of conversation.

Rawr! :bouncy:
Posted Image

#3837 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

That sounds reasonable, thanks for the info.

Hopefully they don't consider large boxed special editions as the "games" category and instead as a "larger package" category.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#3838 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

what does it mean when a movie is p&s or WS?

#3839 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

what does it mean when a movie is p&s or WS?

The movie is cropped to fit on full screen TVs without the black bars. WS is widescreen, so the movie is in letterbox format (black bars above and below the picture), but you get the whole picture.

#3840 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

The movie is cropped to fit on full screen TVs without the black bars. WS is widescreen, so the movie is in letterbox format (black bars above and below the picture), but you get the whole picture.

thank you good sir/mam.

PS- Great job on the goty thread :applause: