Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Sun-Tues: 25% Off Qualifying Used Game Guides, Books, CDs & Movies

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9062 replies to this topic

#6661 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Don't shoot the messenger..

Some Hastings stores are going through a remodel. From what I've heard, stores are supposed to gut the first eight (!) new copies of any game, and, of course, all used games. They'll be stored in some cabinet or something like they are at Gamestop. I'm assuming most stores will get the remodel, but it'll take time. Just don't be surprised if some games that you order as new from the website come to you already gutted.

That's assy.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#6662 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

for those complaining just realize the inverse is true as well as some of our used copies will be gutted new copies

#6663 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

I've actually known about this for a couple weeks now, but I didn't want to bring it up at that time since at that point they were still debating whether or not to go ahead and implement it, but I guess now I have my answer for sure. It is definitely something I wish I didn't have to see happen with Hastings.
Posted Image

#6664 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I found an article about one store doing the remodel from October

http://highlandecho.com/?p=2319

Better than them going out of business. Hastings is a cool store. Never thought I'd get a phrase book and guitar strings in the same place.

#6665 Abbadon74

Abbadon74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

So, based on what I read above on the practice of gutting the used games, is there any idea when this new directive would begin? I have a bunch of cheaper used games in my wishlist, and this sale may be a great opportunity to clean that out before they start gutting the used games...if they haven't started already.

-B

#6666 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

This thread over on GameFAQs seems to confirm that you don't need a special code for either game. I can also back up part of that claim and say that have the first game's GOTY edition and I don't remember having to input a code.

Thank you. I appreciate that FAQ as well.

#6667 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Get $15 Off of a purchase of $60 with the promo code: TREATYOSELF

#6668 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Wow. Why the hell is a used copy of Far Cry 3 for Xbox $74.99?
I mean, I'm pretty sure I know why, but c'mon!

#6669 killarich908

killarich908

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Got scribblenauts and resident evil 4 wii edition for my wii u for 43 bucks.... with the muffinstump promo code

#6670 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Get $15 Off of a purchase of $60 with the promo code: TREATYOSELF

Doesn't seem to be working for me.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#6671 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

Just received my manga boxed sets from the 2 for $20 deal. Three of them shipped together for 21 lbs, and the box was delivered UPS! I imagine that cost as much to ship as what I paid! :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/uEOPdN2.jpg

Sorry, I thought the picture was normal sized.

Edited by Blade, 22 January 2013 - 04:23 AM.

#6672 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Nice. I would have loved to get Ouran Host club for $10 but I forgot to put my cash in my debit card :cry:

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6673 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

So, based on what I read above on the practice of gutting the used games, is there any idea when this new directive would begin? I have a bunch of cheaper used games in my wishlist, and this sale may be a great opportunity to clean that out before they start gutting the used games...if they haven't started already.

-B

Just to clarify what gutting means. They aren't going to be throwing out the original case and manual (if applicable). The purpose of gutting is so they can put the case out on the floor without having the game inside the case for the purposes of shrink issues. Gutting really only applies to new games as new games are sealed, so in order for them to prevent shrink on the item they take the game out instead of leaving it in the case on the shelf. Used games are pretty much already gutted usually because they aren't traded in sealed, and therefore are not needed to be opened to take the inside of the contents out. This new gutting policy doesn't affect used games, but really just new games.
Posted Image

#6674 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

Got Sandman in, but I wish my Ouran and Death Note weren't canceled (already have 1-13 of Vampire Knight, and the boxed set is only 1-10).

#6675 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Adore the guys who got their mangas...my order got cancelled...

#6676 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

I got my sandman slipcase and witchblade compendium today. Im getting everything else tomorrow. Really suprised these shipped!

Posted Image

#6677 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

I got my sandman slipcase and witchblade compendium today. Im getting everything else tomorrow. Really suprised these shipped!

Posted Image

Do you decide to flip them or keep them yourselves?

#6678 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Do you decide to flip them or keep them yourselves?

Im keeping mine. I thought about getting into comic books and graphic novels lately and this would be a great way to start off. Plus ill finally have something to read inbetween classes since my school has been having terrible wi-fi problems recently.

#6679 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Im keeping mine. I thought about getting into comic books and graphic novels lately and this would be a great way to start off. Plus ill finally have something to read inbetween classes since my school has been having terrible wi-fi problems recently.

What is your school?

#6680 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

University of Maryland College Park. I always have to go to my friends dorm room to get good wi-fi. Its not ideal.

#6681 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

University of Maryland College Park. I always have to go to my friends dorm room to get good wi-fi. Its not ideal.

I experienced the same problems. My CSUN wifi is crap.

#6682 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

The Death Note and Scott Pilgrim boxed sets I ordered came in today (in a huge box, I might add). I was a little surprised at the size of the Death Note set, but I'm extremely happy with 'em. Can't wait to find the time to go through them all someday; I haven't read either series yet and I couldn't pass up paying $10 for each one.

Funnily enough, my Walking Dead Compendiums are in USPS limbo. I hate it when they don't scan and update the tracking info for what they're handling. There hasn't been a single update ever since they accepted it into their system a week ago (and the "expected" delivery date was today) and I like having an idea of when these giant boxes are arriving at my doorstep so I don't have to worry about someone possibly walking away with it.

#6683 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Among other things, I got my Walking Dead Compendiums today. For being new, they're not in that great of condition. The edges on both the tops and bottoms are bent and even torn on the first compendium.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6684 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Among other things, I got my Walking Dead Compendiums today. For being new, they're not in that great of condition. The edges on both the tops and bottoms are bent and even torn on the first compendium.

The ones I got were the same way. No tears but I would have a hard time passing them off as new. They look like someone read through them to me.

#6685 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Unfortunately that's what "New" books are these days.

Have you guys been in a Barnes and Noble recently? It's an f-ing library. Brand new books are trashed with all sorts of damage to them because people treat the store like a library and don't give a Fuck. I honestly don't know how B&N expects to sell those books at cover price, but there hasn't been anything I've wanted bad enough in damaged shape to ask for a manager's discount or something.

Point is - I'm sure Hastings aren't so different. Especially with graphic novels, which is where I see a ton of people and KIDS using that section as a library.

I'm not saying that justifies Hastings sending you something that doesn't look brand new, but that's just the reality of "new" books in bookstores these days. Short of a used but well maintained copy appearing in Hastings inventory during a 3 for $21 or 5 for $25 sale, you're likely not going to get any kind of copy of those Walking Dead Compendiums for under ~$10 shipped.

Fortunately all of my $10 TPBs arrived today in pretty-much-new shape. A bunch came in a giant box that had paper padding and all was well. One arrived in a cardboard foldover, sort of like the ones Amazon use. That one basically had a creased corner, but it wasn't a huge deal.

All in all, that was a success and now I have a ton of phone book sized graphic novels to read... at some point in my life.

#6686 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

mang, did I think I was the only one that got screwed. mang hastings. way to go. oh well at least I can read through them. I've never seen the comics in print, but are the compendiums in black and white and not in color?

The ones I got were the same way. No tears but I would have a hard time passing them off as new. They look like someone read through them to me.

#6687 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

mang, did I think I was the only one that got screwed. mang hastings. way to go. oh well at least I can read through them. I've never seen the comics in print, but are the compendiums in black and white and not in color?

The Walking Dead is a black and white comic book. The Compendiums are missing the covers to the issues though in favor of combining issues into Chapters.

#6688 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

thank you so much for the quick replay and information. I was a little concerned when I was looking through the compendiums and saw them in black and white.

The Walking Dead is a black and white comic book. The Compendiums are missing the covers to the issues though in favor of combining issues into Chapters.

#6689 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

I also got one book recently in a cardboard foldover mailer with the corner smashed in (fortunately no damage to the book). The mailer had "GoShip" printed on it so maybe these are their new solution after they run out of the poly mailers.

I'm trying to decide how damaged a used item has to be before I'm justified in complaining. I got a DVD set with a cardboard box that's smashed in and ripped (probably happened in transit, thanks to the poly mailer)... but I'm sure the DVDs themselves are "fully functional". I also received a book recently that I'd previously returned for being damaged... smashed and slightly ripped at the bottom. Definitely the exact same one.

#6690 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Why would anyone decide to package these heavy box sets in shitty poly mailers? Both of my orders came in boxes from UPS, which is the way they should come.