Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Sun-Tues: 25% Off Qualifying Used Game Guides, Books, CDs & Movies

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9062 replies to this topic

#6871 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

ive never gotten tracking to show up in order history

Again, it usually shows up if the order was just one item. If it was multiple items in an order, no tracking information will appear even if they all shipped together. Going through my order history for about the past 9 months, most of single item orders have the tracking info there, so it does happen.

#6872 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

ive never gotten tracking to show up in order history

ditto and i always order everything individually unless the sale requires you order X amount or more.

Edited to add that all of the individual orders DO have a link that says "track this package" but when you click on it it just goes to the usps's tracking system and asks you to input the tracking number, it doesnt actually link with the tracking number hastings emailed.

Edited by hamokmonky, 20 February 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#6873 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Have any of you ever ordered a large figure from GH? Any input as to how they pack such items for shipment?

I want to order this for a friend and use a filler to use of the $10 off but I have no idea if it'll ever arrive safely.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#6874 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Is anyone having problems getting SPAMEGGSSPAM to apply? Its saying its not a valid code, but the OP says it goes until Saturday. Did they end it early?

#6875 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

ditto and i always order everything individually unless the sale requires you order X amount or more.

Edited to add that all of the individual orders DO have a link that says "track this package" but when you click on it it just goes to the usps's tracking system and asks you to input the tracking number, it doesnt actually link with the tracking number hastings emailed.

They're using some kind of URL for the tracking that's no longer current and USPS redirects it. If you hover over the link, you can see the URL includes the tracking number. USPS then redirects that though if you follow through with the click. Just right click > copy link location > past somewhere and extract the tracking number from the end.

#6876 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Is anyone having problems getting SPAMEGGSSPAM to apply? Its saying its not a valid code, but the OP says it goes until Saturday. Did they end it early?

The banner I saw yesterday said it expired either today or yesterday at noon. I don't remember which. Either way, it's expired now.

#6877 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Looks like they pulled it.

The OP has the dates they originally gave, both in the original banner (in the OP) and in the email they sent. (Though the banner for some reason had "Valid 2/18 only" which wasn't true, it was valid before and after 2/18.)

This is kind of the new Hastings MO. They run these promotions and don't let you know the end date (to try to persuade you to spend your money NOW rather than wait), and more often they seem to be pulling promos on a whim. Now it seems like they don't care about the dates they do give.

#6878 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Does anyone got shipping confirmation of Dead space 3 that you ordered on Sunday?

Received my confirmation 18 hours ago.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#6879 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

BTW, they've finally added more platforms for sorting video games.

From their Facebook:
Posted Image

#6880 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

BTW, they've finally added more platforms for sorting video games.

From their Facebook:
Posted Image

glad they listened

#6881 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

They're using some kind of URL for the tracking that's no longer current and USPS redirects it. If you hover over the link, you can see the URL includes the tracking number. USPS then redirects that though if you follow through with the click. Just right click > copy link location > past somewhere and extract the tracking number from the end.

Thanks, I keep all my emails but thats useful if for some reason i cant find something or they dont email. I generally just wait about 2 weeks and then if i dont see it i will look it up, i rarely ever track it otherwise.

On another note, I got another poly bag today, oh goodie! Mailed from 83706

#6882 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Manage to get Shield: Architects of Forever. I've heard great things about it. Under $5 shipped is an awesome deal.
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#6883 jaimefbh

jaimefbh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

I wanted to use this also, the ad on their facebook page also says valid thru 02/23. Apparently they did pulled it early.

#6884 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

According to gohastings twitter, you can use MRBILL for 5 used books for $25, books under 29.99 are eligible, but they normally have other exclusions anyway. I'm on my phone, so I haven't really looked at the deal yet.

Workin on it

#6885 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

According to gohastings twitter, you can use MRBILL for 5 used books for $25, books under 29.99 are eligible, but they normally have other exclusions anyway. I'm on my phone, so I haven't really looked at the deal yet.

Damn. Just threw down for some Batman graphic novels over the past couple of days but I doubt they would have survived staying in stock for this.

5 for $25 Qualifying Used Books Priced $29.99 & under w/code: MRBILL
http://www.gohasting...tName/BOOK.uts?

#6886 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

El Shaddai (New) - $12.27 shipped

Xbox 360 only

Now down to $7.99+shipping, so $10.27+tax shipped. That's my buy price used, so getting it new is a real treat. Still love the Hastings.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#6887 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Have any of you not received shipping notifications or tracking info for parts of your orders lately? I've had two different CD orders in the past week where one or two will ship and I'll get tracking for those, and then the others ship at a later time and I'll never receive any kind of notification.

The only reason I know is because it's been five days since I ordered, so I grew curious and checked my order status - it says they're all shipped, but I can't check for tracking info from their site because not all of the items shipped together (and this evidently gets rid of the tracking link they otherwise provide under 'order details'). I hope it's not a mistake and they actually sent the rest out.

#6888 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Have any of you not received shipping notifications or tracking info for parts of your orders lately? I've had two different CD orders in the past week where one or two will ship and I'll get tracking for those, and then the others ship at a later time and I'll never receive any kind of notification.

The only reason I know is because it's been five days since I ordered, so I grew curious and checked my order status - it says they're all shipped, but I can't check for tracking info from their site because not all of the items shipped together (and this evidently gets rid of the tracking link they otherwise provide under 'order details'). I hope it's not a mistake and they actually sent the rest out.

Yep, this has been happening to me for the last couple of months. I never get a shipping notification e-mail for some of the items, but they arrive just fine.

edit: Had the idea to look at my last order and what got shipped together vs. what I got e-mails about, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it (i.e. I got one package with 5 books and received e-mails for two of them... not all of them, yet not only one).

#6889 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

Ya, I ordered 4 used CDs during the presidents day sale and only got a separate shipping notification for 2 or 3 of them...but the shipping status was correct on the site when I looked in my order history... I did get an e-mail later saying my order was complete, and I already received 3 of them.

#6890 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Now down to $7.99+shipping, so $10.27+tax shipped. That's my buy price used, so getting it new is a real treat. Still love the Hastings.

*sigh* I still haven't opened the copy I bought for $12.27. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#6891 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

looks like no sunday deal again

edit

scratch that slow update looks like 3 for 21 books w 1plus2is3

#6892 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

First post updated

#6893 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

C'mon GoHastings, we need another 30% off code.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#6894 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Thanks, I keep all my emails but thats useful if for some reason i cant find something or they dont email. I generally just wait about 2 weeks and then if i dont see it i will look it up, i rarely ever track it otherwise.

On another note, I got another poly bag today, oh goodie! Mailed from 83706

Two more poly mailers, from 76710 and 80123.

#6895 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Two more poly mailers, from 76710 and 80123.

i got two more too, from 2 more different zip codes, didnt write them down though. Ugh.

#6896 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

I think we should just bombard review sites including the BBB regarding how GoHastings mails just about everything in poly bags.

I don't think I've ever gotten anything in a bubble mailer and the only time they used a box was when the items were too large to fit in poly bags.

Of course my game cases arrived cracked.... again.

#6897 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

They don't mail everything in poly bags. As someone mentioned before, if it's just one or two DVD-sized items, they're mailed that way. If it's anything more, they'll use bubble mailers. I have had over a hundred orders and I'd say that's in line with my experiences.

Selfishly speaking, I'd rather everyone have shitty experience with them because I have gotten some obscene deals I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

#6898 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

They don't mail everything in poly bags. As someone mentioned before, if it's just one or two DVD-sized items, they're mailed that way. If it's anything more, they'll use bubble mailers. I have had over a hundred orders and I'd say that's in line with my experiences.

Selfishly speaking, I'd rather everyone have shitty experience with them because I have gotten some obscene deals I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

I've placed orders with three games (all new) and they were shipped in one large poly bag. And buying more games doesn't solve the problem because often GoHastings breaks orders up into a ridiculous amount of shipments.

Hell they mailed a Mafia II CE (new) in a poly bag. What condition do you think that arrived in?

I have bought from hundreds of different retailers in the past couple of years. The only times I have gotten games in poly bags is from GoHastings and shitty eBay sellers.

#6899 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

shush you will jinx it!8-) I haven't bought anything from them the last few months w the price increases and my backlog that is still 2 big.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#6900 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

Corporate allegedly told stores to stop using the poly bags. If that's true, then some stores are still choosing to use them. Doesn't sound like Hastings has a real firm corporate wide policy and it's up to the store manager's discretion. Either throw out and waste shipping material, or use it and risk your store getting docked with returns for defective items because of the poly bags.