Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Sun-Tues: 25% Off Qualifying Used Game Guides, Books, CDs & Movies

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9062 replies to this topic

#1021 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

Here's a little tip if you're trying to snag something from Hastings:

If you're using FireFox, add this add-on: https://addons.mozil...addon/alertbox/

You can set alerts for when something specific on a webpage changes, and set the intervals for how often the add-on will check the website for the changes.

I set this up for some of the rarer items I'm looking to get that are on Hastings' website, on the off chance they somehow come into stock (or change price). You have to have the browser open, but if at least your computer is on frequently, its worth having.

I've snagged some books that I'd consider rare for really cheap thanks to this add-on. Tonight I just snagged two oversized hardcover books that retailed new for $20-25 each on Amazon (and double that at MSRP) for under $5 each thanks to this add-on and randomly being on the computer at this time of night. I've never seen these books in-stock as used on Hastings in the couple of years I've been using the site, so I was really pleased to see them pop into their stock tonight. Though I'm skeptical the correct books will ship if these aren't outright cancelled, but we'll see. Last time I snagged rare books thanks to this add-on in the middle of the night, someone at Hastings didn't mark it as shipped so I got them for free to boot.

This add-on also helped me snag a couple of DS games for cheap when they came into stock at a cheap price and the system hadn't jacked them up to the prevailing market prices Hastings usually lists them at.

Hastings stock from trade-ins and whatnot seems to update in the middle of the night, like between 1 AM and 3 AM Pacific time, which is obviously much later (or early morning) for the rest of the country.

But obviously the add-on works for absolutely anything - books, games, non-shopping stuff, etc. (Its really useful for tracking Amazon price changes, trade in values, and stock changes when there is few enough stock for the product page to display the warning urging you to buy now). Its really helpful to track price changes too as it saves the history of every time something on the page changes, which is good on websites that don't have their own price tracking websites like Amazon (camelcamelcamel).

Anyway, hopefully this info helps someone out to take advantage of Hastings' prices.

#1022 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for sharing the add-on. It makes a good alternative to Check 4 Change, though I'll be using both.

#1023 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

I can no longer sit back and have not played Shadow of the Colossus. At $4.99 I had to get it. I just hope they don't cancel my order :-(
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#1024 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

Damn, my order for Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 for $3.50 got canceled.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#1025 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

Order two Wii used remote classic controllers to play with download games one came in with brand new box sealed and second came open with brand new packaging. Very happy customer! Can't wait to see the Wii remote, Black Ops and borderlands condition that I also order.

#1026 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Here's next week's sales. Nothing good:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1027 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

http://www.ghcdn.com...es_FreeShip.jpg

Just got an email with a promo code for free standard shipping on your next order over $40 good till 2/24. Code looks to be unique. I don't plan on using it so if anyone wants it, first one to shoot me a PM gets it.

#1028 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

just got an exclusive offer in my email, a code for free shipping to use within the next two weeks (as long as the order is $40 or more)

tempting...

#1029 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yep just got it too:
Posted Image

Not that great of a deal unless you're planning on buying several items $7.60 or less that in total break $40. Otherwise you're probably better off taking advantage of the current 30% off on movies and CDs.

#1030 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

Updated the first post but the system still appears to be updating. Not that there are any real deals this week, yet.

#1031 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Nothing for me this week, I bought a bunch of PS2 RPGs last week for my collection. My wallet needs a rest.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#1032 vherub

vherub

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Not going to use my free shipping code for whoever wants it:

Spoiler

#1033 Dgaart

Dgaart

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

From Hastings' Facebook page:

Reminder: We’ve almost reached 200,000 fans! Don’t forget all weekend you have the chance to vote on which offer you would like to receive online and in-store as a Thank You! The polls are posted on our Facebook wall from this morning! The sooner we hit 200,000 fans the sooner you get the offer! We will select the offers with the most votes on Monday morning and let you know which day the winning offers will run.

The offer that looks like it is going to win is this:
40% off used books, CDs & DVDs and 30% off used video games & Blu-rays for 1 day

A little better than the offer that was running a couple weeks ago, but nothing too crazy.

#1034 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

From Hastings' Facebook page:

Reminder: We’ve almost reached 200,000 fans! Don’t forget all weekend you have the chance to vote on which offer you would like to receive online and in-store as a Thank You! The polls are posted on our Facebook wall from this morning! The sooner we hit 200,000 fans the sooner you get the offer! We will select the offers with the most votes on Monday morning and let you know which day the winning offers will run.

The offer that looks like it is going to win is this:
40% off used books, CDs & DVDs and 30% off used video games & Blu-rays for 1 day

A little better than the offer that was running a couple weeks ago, but nothing too crazy.

40% off used books/CDs/DVDs is pretty much as good as it gets.

30% off games is somewhat standard

30% off Blus isn't as common as 20% or 25% but its still probably better than normal.

But its going to be a long time before they hit 200,000 likes

#1035 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

I didn't get an email. Sad face. :(

#1036 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

I didn't get an email. Sad face. :(

Are you signed up for their advertisement emails / have you ever purchased from them? I'd imagine one or the other or both would qualify you for the free shipping code.

If you didn't get one you could try complaining on their Facebook page. That seems to work for a lot of people.

#1037 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

PS2 $4.99 deal is over. Games are back to their normal prices now.

#1038 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Okay, something really weird and annoying happened to me. I just tried to order about 100 DVDs (I have a huge collection of movies) but when I press complete order, I get "Transaction failed. Please try again later." But the problem is, my online bank statement tells me the order is "pending." I haven't received any confirmation or receipt.. I didn't even get an order complete page.. I have no idea hasting will do with my case >_> I guess my bet is wait till their business hour and call them.. zzz

#1039 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Okay, something really weird and annoying happened to me. I just tried to order about 100 DVDs (I have a huge collection of movies) but when I press complete order, I get "Transaction failed. Please try again later." But the problem is, my online bank statement tells me the order is "pending." I haven't received any confirmation or receipt.. I didn't even get an order complete page.. I have no idea hasting will do with my case >_> I guess my bet is wait till their business hour and call them.. zzz

Yeah, you'd be best off giving them a call in the morning or emailing customer service instead of asking us about it.

#1040 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Can anyone pm me a free shipping coupon that they dont need? After my incident, (2 posts up) they had to void my whole order and my coupon doesn't work anymore.. I would greatly appreciate it!

#1041 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

ugh I sent back an item for return over a week ago and they still haven't received it...

I want my money back damn it >_<

#1042 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Updated the first post with their deal for free shipping on select Guitar Hero titles. The problem is, when you click a title with more than one format, you can't tell which select formats qualify for the free shipping. I assume its only the new titles.

Also, here are next week's header images. No deal for games, or anything else for that matter, unless you want some As Seen On TV junk:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Finally, I got some more books in from the last sale. One book never had tracking info that updated but I received it anyway. It was a hardcover that looked like new. Another book was one in a 6 volume series and they sent me the wrong volume. Seems like an employee either accepted the trade in and registered it under the wrong volume, or an employee was lazy and didn't grab the correct volume for me off the shelf. Emailed Hastings about it so we'll see what they say. Also got a couple of TPBs and these came in good condition. Last time I ordered one of these books, the spine was all damaged (still waiting for them to email me that they received it and refunded me for it). I feel like I'm getting an awful lot of "misses" lately from Hastings with me always having to email about not getting correct tracking info or being sent the wrong item, but I still can't beat their prices on a lot of things, especially used books.

#1043 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

What was the longest time you guys ever waited before they shipped out your items? I just checked my order status for my DVDs that I ordered 3 days ago and alot of them are under "in progress" and is currently "out of stock." Should I be worried?

#1044 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

What was the longest time you guys ever waited before they shipped out your items? I just checked my order status for my DVDs that I ordered 3 days ago and alot of them are under "in progress" and is currently "out of stock." Should I be worried?

The FAQ contains an explanation of what the OOS means.

I've had things take a handful of days and finally ship. I've had things take over a week and get cancelled. There's no way to tell or guess other than wait it out or ring up CS and talk to them.

#1045 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Can anyone point me in the direction of the free shipping code for over $40 orders
Posted Image

#1046 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

Can anyone point me in the direction of the free shipping code for over $40 orders

Like the first post says: "Must have received a unique one time use code in your email"

If you didn't get one, you'll have to find someone generous enough to share their unused code with you.

#1047 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:57 AM

Thanks for the clarification. If someone has an unused free shipping code and feeling extra generous, can you please pm me. Looking to buy some PSP games for my bday.
Posted Image

#1048 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

I got two codes if someone needs one, PM me...

EDIT: PM's replied and codes were given out!

Edited by Carlanga, 18 February 2012 - 04:28 AM.
gone

#1049 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Updated the first post. Nothing this week other than what I assume is the MSRP on PS Vita stuff. The free shipping coupon expires this Friday too.

buckythekat, did you get your refund yet? I'm still waiting on mine, I think. I'll have to look over my bank statement.

#1050 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

Free shipping code I'm not going to use for the first person who wants it:
ACTLD9HF0