Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Sun-Tues: 25% Off Qualifying Used Game Guides, Books, CDs & Movies

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9062 replies to this topic

#151 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

The books that aren't getting the code applied are

Akira Volume 5 -
http://www.gohasting...rtmentName=BOOK

Akira Volume 2 - http://www.gohasting...rtmentName=BOOK

There were also some game guides but I can't remember which ones.

I had some graphic novels that the code wouldn't work on but have ordered 24 books from them this week so really wasn't worried about it. I kind of feel sorry for my mail man next week.

#152 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:38 AM

I had some graphic novels that the code wouldn't work on but have ordered 24 books from them this week so really wasn't worried about it. I kind of feel sorry for my mail man next week.

I ordered "The Dark Knight returns" and "World War Z" yesterday and the code worked. What graphic novels did you order? The ones I can think of wanting at the moment are out of stock. Akira Volumes 3 and 4 did come back at around $2.99 each so I jumped on those even thought the code didn't work.

I don't know what my mailman will do since the size of these books won't fit in my tiny mailbox..

Edit: Man, they cancelled World War Z.

Edited by Cysquatch, 16 September 2011 - 03:12 AM.

[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#153 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:04 AM

I received maybe half of my books today, all hardcovers, in a giant box from UPS. All looked to be in pretty good condition for used books. Pretty happy so far.

#154 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

Alpha Protocol (PS3) - used - $4.96

http://www.gohasting...u/281518831.uts

#155 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

Updated the first post with the DOTD... The price on Bioshock 2 has been $9.02 for at least several days now. I seriously hope Hastings doesn't raise the price to $9.99 for this "deal." This actually would have been a better deal had one ordered the other day when they had $1 shipping, for a total of $10.02 shipped. As it is now, the price is $11.30 shipped. If they raise the price it'll be $12.27 shipped.

At any rate I think Amazon Warehouse has this for a lot cheaper, so you may want to shop there.

#156 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

Say what you will about the US Postal Service, but they don't even have a service that takes that long (even media mail is faster)l.

You must have energetic postal employees who do their jobs then, since here on the East Coast I swear it takes forfuckinever when I ship something Media Mail. First class shipping is usually ok and gets there in 3-4 days at most, but some of my media mail packages have taken the frickin' scenic route before.:roll:

Right now, I'm watching the delivery confirmation number on a package I sent(almost 27lbs worth of strategy guides:shock:) and it's STILL sitting at 'accepted' and hasn't made any progress since I shipped it THREE DAYS AGO.

They're actually supposed to shut down the main post office and the processing facility here. I say good riddance. Half the time when I go to mail a package they act like they're doing me a favor by accepting it and some of the employees just straight up have an attitude. Then you have the carriers who have delivered both our neighbors' mail and the mail from a whole neighborhood away to us on more occasions than I can count within the last year. If they can't do their job right then they don't deserve to have that job.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#157 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

I ordered "The Dark Knight returns" and "World War Z" yesterday and the code worked. What graphic novels did you order? The ones I can think of wanting at the moment are out of stock. Akira Volumes 3 and 4 did come back at around $2.99 each so I jumped on those even thought the code didn't work.

I don't know what my mailman will do since the size of these books won't fit in my tiny mailbox..

Edit: Man, they cancelled World War Z.

It was Green Lantern one and a Batman one don't remember the exact ones though.

#158 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

I miss Gohastings' weekly deals
Get a great value from your used games by trading at Leaptrade.

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:MrPlow

#159 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

Well, another book cancelled so far (House of Leaves), I still feel like I made out like a bandit though. Plus, Volume 1 and 2 came back in stock.

Edit: More books cancelled.....

Edited by Cysquatch, 16 September 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#160 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

I wish I would've noticed this thread earlier. There's a few guides I would've definitely bought. I ended picking up 3 guides for $15.31 total. Thanks OP.

#161 danstabbingworth

danstabbingworth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Just got my Crysis 2 order minus the disc. So for the time being, I have a $20 dvd case with some fancy artwork.

Has anyone else encountered this?

#162 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

Just got my Crysis 2 order minus the disc. So for the time being, I have a $20 dvd case with some fancy artwork.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I've seen other CAGs report this before from GoHastings. It happens, unfortunately. I've seen it in Amazon Warehouse Deals and GameStop threads too.

All you can do is contact CS and see what they say. They may refund you and let you keep the box, they may refund you and ask for the box back (at no charge to you), and if you press them they may be able to send you a replacement game (even though it seems like 9/10 times they claim they cannot).

Just read over the FAQ in the OP, it has all the details and contact info. It may help your case to contact the Hastings CAG rep here after you contact regular CS - it seems like John has a little more flexibility to get replacement orders sent out.

#163 danstabbingworth

danstabbingworth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

I've seen other CAGs report this before from GoHastings. It happens, unfortunately. I've seen it in Amazon Warehouse Deals and GameStop threads too.

Thanks for the info; I'll have to look into that. They want me to return the case with a prepaid label, but I still get screwed on the original shipping and the useless filler item that I used for the coupon.

#164 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:00 AM

Thanks for the info; I'll have to look into that. They want me to return the case with a prepaid label, but I still get screwed on the original shipping and the useless filler item that I used for the coupon.

Keep poking around and you might find a CS rep to ship you a replacement game. It could take multiple emails or calls. Like I said before, the rep here on CAG might be able to help make things right for you.

I think they'll also refund your shipping too for whatever items you return, but I'm not 100% on that. I believe I've gotten my shipping reimbursed in the past when I've had to get refunds on some DVDs. Maybe some other CAGs could confirm that.

And I have a feeling that if you throw in the filler item to be returned too, they'll just refund the whole order even if that may push their buttons a little.

On another note, updated the OP for today's DOTD, which is basically a non-deal over their everyday prices this past week.

#165 Ichigo2125

Ichigo2125

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

Wanted to get more than just guides with the fillurshelves promo does anyone have any suggestions such as graphic novels?

#166 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

what are the conditions of books usually from gohastings? are they really banged up?

#167 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

what are the conditions of books usually from gohastings? are they really banged up?

I got 2 books out of the 15ish I ordered earlier this week and they were in pretty good shape. Definitely satisfied so far.

#168 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:12 AM

I got 2 books out of the 15ish I ordered earlier this week and they were in pretty good shape. Definitely satisfied so far.

thanks for the reply!

#169 Narsis84

Narsis84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:19 AM

Not really a good deal on MoH, imo. It's been between 10 and 15 new for weeks now. The single player campaign feels like its on rails and the multiplayer is the only reason to play. But if you buy used, you're most likely looking at 10$ for your ea pass.

#170 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

Its probably hit and miss, but I've ordered like 30 books from Hastings, I think I've received half of them, and all of them were in good shape. Some have sticker residue or shelf wear. Few of them look crispy and brand new and never read, but they're all in good shape for being used books. Especially for their prices.

#171 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

Please beware everyone that when they advertise the Medal of Honor Limited Edition, they occasionally will send the regular edition. When they had a sale for new copies of the Medal of Honor LE for $15, they shipped the regular edition.

I contacted customer service and they couldn't deal with it since they don't have access to the inventory. I asked them since I returned it to switch it for the LE but it was never resolved and I was refunded all the money. Whatever.

So just beware if you are specifically looking for the Limited Edition, just purchase with caution and be prepared to return it.

#172 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:35 AM

Its probably hit and miss, but I've ordered like 30 books from Hastings, I think I've received half of them, and all of them were in good shape. Some have sticker residue or shelf wear. Few of them look crispy and brand new and never read, but they're all in good shape for being used books. Especially for their prices.

thanks for clarifying. i ordered like 26 manga just now so hopefully they are in great ship.

#173 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

Updated the OP with the DOTD... Which is basically another non-deal because a glance at Amazon shows NEW glossy black for $36.99. At best you save $5 buying Hastings used black glossy over Amazon's new black glossy.

It doesn't look like they have any more DOTD's up past Sunday... Hopefully that means a new promotion is coming up for Monday like a % off or shipping discount, but that's just wild speculation.

#174 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:47 AM

Updated the OP with the DOTD... Which is basically another non-deal because a glance at Amazon shows NEW glossy black for $36.99. At best you save $5 buying Hastings used black glossy over Amazon's new black glossy.

It doesn't look like they have any more DOTD's up past Sunday... Hopefully that means a new promotion is coming up for Monday like a % off or shipping discount, but that's just wild speculation.

Hoping it is a percentage off myself.

#175 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

the code FILLURSHELVES does not work anymore. I thought it was suppose to expire on the 30th

#176 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

the code FILLURSHELVES does not work anymore. I thought it was suppose to expire on the 30th

No, that was the SAVEABE code that expires on the 30th. Hopefully with the 40% on books dying it means a broad based 20-30% off books/movies/cds/games is coming. More wild speculation!

EDIT: Maybe not. Found this little diddy. Should be starting soon, I assume:

Posted Image

I probably won't add this to the OP because 3 for $21 doesn't sound like a deal unless its on recently released hardcover novels that are used or something.

Still holding out hope for a wider sale come Monday. Games, Movies, and Music don't have any DOTD images uploaded for the 19th onward.

#177 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

No, that was the SAVEABE code that expires on the 30th. Hopefully with the 40% on books dying it means a broad based 20-30% off books/movies/cds/games is coming. More wild speculation!

EDIT: Maybe not. Found this little diddy. Should be starting soon, I assume:

Posted Image

I probably won't add this to the OP because 3 for $21 doesn't sound like a deal unless its on recently released hardcover novels that are used or something.

Still holding out hope for a wider sale come Monday. Games, Movies, and Music don't have any DOTD images uploaded for the 19th onward.

darn i was thinking about ordering some more books. anyways how often does gohastings have these 40% off used books sales? Im thinking about buying even more next time.

#178 goku31389

goku31389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:41 AM

NOOOOOOO!!!! The DOTD was only for this week??!! :( Goddamn it!!!! BUT on a side note, I just received my La. Noire in the mail. pretty damn good condition. No scratches, just a very small amount of dust.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/drivingmad3]Posted Image
[/URL]

#179 slcgamer

slcgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

anyone with experience with used controllers from hastings? warranty?

#180 DieGo2SHAE

DieGo2SHAE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

How do I ship to multiple addresses?