Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Sun-Tues: 25% Off Qualifying Used Game Guides, Books, CDs & Movies

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9062 replies to this topic

#2011 szechwang

szechwang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

GoHastings sent me a PS3 Naruto Generations when I ordered the Xbox360 one. Called them and they said they can only offer a refund, but now the 360 is OOS :(

But I am expecting Armored Core V (360) and Witcher 2 (360) so let's see if these order doesn't get screwed up too :/

#2012 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

I just got my order from GoHastings from the last sale they had, which was my first order from this company in regards to used games. They sent me a few games individually but most came in a single package that came today. I have to say, I am impressed. I ordered 16 games and each and every one was 100% complete. No missing manuals, no generic game covers, no stickers pasted all over the case, and the game discs were generally in great condition. A few had a couple marks. All in all I was 100% content with the order.

Hastings doesn't take them back in trade unless they have the original artwork, ymmv on the instruction manual but that's usually required as well. The only time you'll run a risk of getting a game without an original cover is if you buy Previously Viewed (PV), which are ex-rentals.

#2013 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

I see some good deals here, but I simply cant force myself to pull the trigger due to Hastings' trademark atrocious shipping. I can't tell you how many times i've been ready to bite on a hastings deal and gone back and fourth before frustratingly and arrogantly deciding not to buy due their downright insulting shipping charges. There is NO excuse to charge over $2 per item for shipping. It's simply ridiculous.

The games I was going to buy were Nintendo first party games. Knowing that the Club Nintendo codes are likely used or not included, it's that much more of a "not worth it at all" for me.

No club nintendo codes + the worst shipping on the web = no sale.

I understand that Hastings chooses to not use warehouses, and they basically just sell their store stock from the website. But frankly, that isn't my problem. Don't charge me twice for one order (I FIRMLY believe that shipping should be free anyway). Until the day that goHastings finally stops their awful shipping policies, I will continue to refrain from making my first purchase from them.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#2014 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

^ Even with shipping their prices are....nevermind.

Your loss.

#2015 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

Cant believe people are still bitching about what they get from gamestop.com especially when it comes to older titles. There's a reason why they no longer have that game case manual guarantee on every single title like they use to. Should be common knowledge by now. Like someone said, Hastings is probably strict in store when it comes to trade ins so that's why your most likely to get complete games when ordering from them.

#2016 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

Don't charge me twice for one order (I FIRMLY believe that shipping should be free anyway). Until the day that goHastings finally stops their awful shipping policies, I will continue to refrain from making my first purchase from them.

This is done for exactly the same reason you mentioned above - they ship from store inventory. The majority of the time, your order's not going to be in the same store. They may have Mario Kart at a store in Texas, but a used copy of Kirby is up in Wisconsin. That's why people don't get their order all at the same time and why Hastings charges per item.

Is this always the case? No. Sometimes one store will have your entire order.. But they cover their ground just in case it works out like that, because they will usually have to ship from multiple stores.

#2017 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

I see some good deals here, but I simply cant force myself to pull the trigger due to Hastings' trademark atrocious shipping. I can't tell you how many times i've been ready to bite on a hastings deal and gone back and fourth before frustratingly and arrogantly deciding not to buy due their downright insulting shipping charges. There is NO excuse to charge over $2 per item for shipping. It's simply ridiculous.

The games I was going to buy were Nintendo first party games. Knowing that the Club Nintendo codes are likely used or not included, it's that much more of a "not worth it at all" for me.

I understand that Hastings chooses to not use warehouses, and they basically just sell their store stock from the website. But frankly, that isn't my problem. Don't charge me twice for one order (I FIRMLY believe that shipping should be free anyway). Until the day that goHastings finally stops their awful shipping policies, I will continue to refrain from making my first purchase from them.

So ridiculous. How does your mind function?

Yes, GoHastings should offer free shipping (and in turn raise their prices to take into account the fact that shipping IS a cost of business) and it would make you happy because you would be getting "free" shipping.

Even amazon doesn't offer free shipping without an order minimum or a yearly charge, yet GoHastings should not charge for shipping at all.

Shipping is a cost of business. It's a cost of ordering something online to be sent to you. It will be taken into account in any profitable business. "Free Shipping" is not free, you are paying for it in the price of the items.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2018 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

Sometimes their shipping methods need fine tuning but the way they have it set up it would probably be very hard for them to do so

#2019 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

I second that. Do not buy this game. You'll be wasting your money. This is coming from a Samurai Showdown fan.

I have Samurai Showdown Sen, don't buy it.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#2020 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

So ridiculous. How does your mind function?

Yes, GoHastings should offer free shipping (and in turn raise their prices to take into account the fact that shipping IS a cost of business) and it would make you happy because you would be getting "free" shipping.

Even amazon doesn't offer free shipping without an order minimum or a yearly charge, yet GoHastings should not charge for shipping at all.

Shipping is a cost of business. It's a cost of ordering something online to be sent to you. It will be taken into account in any profitable business. "Free Shipping" is not free, you are paying for it in the price of the items.

While I do believe shipping should be free, at least built into the price (so it can be reduced during sales such as this with a certain % off), I understand that more often than not, business charge for shipping. And I do realize that more often than not, those charges are slightly more than shipping will cost the business, as it is a smart business practice to make a small amount of additional profit this way.

However: I do NOT think that shipping should be piled upon to this extent when multiple items are purchased. It's not uncommon for GameStop to send games from the same order from multiple warehouses, yet they do not pile on shipping the way goHastings does. GameFly has a ton of warehouses, as does Toys R Us, and maybe I'm wrong but I have yet to see either of them charge over $2 per item for shipping even when they have to ship from multiple locations. Hell, even eBay sellers tend to combine shipping if you buy more than one of their items. Now, ebay sellers (I assume) rarely have to ship from warehouses. But that doesn't change the fact that postal services will still charge more to ship multiple items.

I understand that most places do not offer free shipping. But I also understand that most places do not pile and pile the shipping on top of itself to the extent that Hastings does.

#2021 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

What don't you understand about using your brain to shop at Hastings despite their shipping prices?

Just make sure the price of the game (after whatever discounts, if any) PLUS SHIPPING is less than where ever else you were going to buy from instead, and YOU'VE GOT A DEAL! Otherwise, pass on buying it from Hastings. I and many others do it all the time. It's basically no different than if they raised every game's price by ~$2 and gave free shipping.

Every game I purchased this time around, including the cost of shipping, has been cheaper than what I've seen over the past several months on Amazon from all sorts of used sellers including Amazon Warehouse.

It's really not that hard. At all.

And you can whine about Club Nintendo codes as another excuse to not shop at Hastings, but NO WHERE guarantees valid unused Club Nintendo codes unless you buy the game new.

And their shipping price per game is $2.28. Are you seriously telling me if they charged 30 cents less, you'd be happy to shop with them? That'd be under $2 per item.

You can debate all day about how much Hastings charges, whether its stupid not to have a warehouse, etc.

But at the end of the day its about getting a deal, and everyone has figured out how to do that from Hastings but you.

So why even bother to read this thread or post in it?

Hastings has many more issues on the business end than their shipping and those issues may legitimately dissuade people from shopping with them. But the games come complete most of the time and many of us get great deals despite their shipping charges. Except you, apparently.

#2022 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

What don't you understand about using your brain to shop at Hastings despite their shipping prices?

Just make sure the price of the game (after whatever discounts, if any) PLUS SHIPPING is less than where ever else you were going to buy from instead, and YOU'VE GOT A DEAL! Otherwise, pass on buying it from Hastings. I and many others do it all the time. It's basically no different than if they raised every game's price by ~$2 and gave free shipping.

Every game I purchased this time around, including the cost of shipping, has been cheaper than what I've seen over the past several months on Amazon from all sorts of used sellers including Amazon Warehouse.

It's really not that hard. At all.

And you can whine about Club Nintendo codes as another excuse to not shop at Hastings, but NO WHERE guarantees valid unused Club Nintendo codes unless you buy the game new.

And their shipping price per game is $2.28. Are you seriously telling me if they charged 30 cents less, you'd be happy to shop with them? That'd be under $2 per item.

You can debate all day about how much Hastings charges, whether its stupid not to have a warehouse, etc.

But at the end of the day its about getting a deal, and everyone has figured out how to do that from Hastings but you.

So why even bother to read this thread or post in it?

Hastings has many more issues on the business end than their shipping and those issues may legitimately dissuade people from shopping with them. But the games come complete most of the time and many of us get great deals despite their shipping charges. Except you, apparently.

Basically my logic is this:

Do the used products cost less than anywhere else's identical used items? Yes.
Are the games likely to come with Club Nintendo codes? No.
Is the shipping a base price or do they poop more on with each additional item? Poop more on.

Personally, I'd buy them at these prices and this shipping cost if the Club Nintendo code was included OR I'd buy them at these prices with no Club Nintendo code if the shipping wasn't drastically increased with each additional item. Neither of those scenarios is the case, so this purchase isn't right for me.

Also, yes, somewhere does guarantee the Club Nintendo codes with used products: GameFly. They ensure that everything that originally came with the game will come with the used game. As for everywhere else, I only buy used online if the original game did not come with a Club Nintendo or DLC code. Otherwise, I buy used games in-store only after checking that the code is still in the case and behind the manual, and that any scratch-off code is unused. Ebay is the only place i'll buy online when the game originally came with a one time use code, and only after the seller ensures that it is still included and unused. If they say it is unused and that turns out not to be the case, their feedback will reflect that.

#2023 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Is the shipping a base price or do they poop more on with each additional item? Poop more on.

Personally, I'd buy them at these prices and this shipping cost if the Club Nintendo code was included OR I'd buy them at these prices with no Club Nintendo code if the shipping wasn't drastically increased with each additional item. Neither of those scenarios is the case, so this purchase isn't right for me.

Also, yes, somewhere does guarantee the Club Nintendo codes with used products: GameFly. They ensure that everything that originally came with the game will come with the used game. As for everywhere else, I only buy used online if the original game did not come with a Club Nintendo or DLC code. Otherwise, I buy used games in-store only after checking that the code is still in the case and behind the manual, and that any scratch-off code is unused. Ebay is the only place i'll buy online when the game originally came with a one time use code, and only after the seller ensures that it is still included and unused. If they say it is unused and that turns out not to be the case, their feedback will reflect that.

Your phrasing of "poop more on" and shipping being "drastically increased" still displays a fundamental inability to understand the concept of factoring the shipping price into the cost of the game no matter where you purchase it from.

So congrats, buy all your games at GameFly then and enjoy your chipped discs. They have great prices during some of their sales. As you've stated, Hastings isn't for you. You can safely leave this thread alone. I don't think you've persuaded one person that purchasing from Hastings isn't a good idea on the basis of your inane shipping rants or the possible lack of unused Club Nintendo codes or DLC, which people purchasing from Hastings aren't expecting anyway.

#2024 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

While I do believe shipping should be free, at least built into the price (so it can be reduced during sales such as this with a certain % off), I understand that more often than not, business charge for shipping. And I do realize that more often than not, those charges are slightly more than shipping will cost the business, as it is a smart business practice to make a small amount of additional profit this way.

However: I do NOT think that shipping should be piled upon to this extent when multiple items are purchased. It's not uncommon for GameStop to send games from the same order from multiple warehouses, yet they do not pile on shipping the way goHastings does. GameFly has a ton of warehouses, as does Toys R Us, and maybe I'm wrong but I have yet to see either of them charge over $2 per item for shipping even when they have to ship from multiple locations. Hell, even eBay sellers tend to combine shipping if you buy more than one of their items. Now, ebay sellers (I assume) rarely have to ship from warehouses. But that doesn't change the fact that postal services will still charge more to ship multiple items.

I understand that most places do not offer free shipping. But I also understand that most places do not pile and pile the shipping on top of itself to the extent that Hastings does.

There is no piling on of shipping charges. You must never ship anything. The cheapest shipping of a CD is 1.81. Yet Gohastings only charges .96 cents. Sure they get volume discounts, but taking into account envelopes, shipping labels, and labor they probably lose money on shipping.

Games cost around 3 bucks to ship. again, even with discounts Gohastings is barely breaking even with their shipping, if at all.

No other seller I know of ships from multiple places as much as hastings. In fact, most times when I order multiple Items I get a shipment for each item. But no use arguing, you have some irrational aversion to a shipping charge being called a shipping charge.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2025 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

To get the most out of Hastings you have to factor in shipping costs.

There are plenty of deals to be had but most of them come as a result of a 30-40% off code (for used games) or a free shipping code (best for used movies and CDs). And shipping is free for books.

Also, they offer a much wider variety of products than Gamefly.

Gamefly is great for the occasional game sale, but for everything else GoHastings delivers.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#2026 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Also, yes, somewhere does guarantee the Club Nintendo codes with used products: GameFly. They ensure that everything that originally came with the game will come with the used game.

Gamefly does not guarantee the codes that come with games are unsed, they typically are - most people can vouch for this through experience, but Gamefly does not promise/guarantee it. Try returning a game from them with that as your reasoning and let me know how it works out for you.

Oh yeah, and math can be hard. Adding $2.28 onto a price and comparing it to other places is hard too. Google shopping can do this for you though, it always remembers that GH has a shipping charge.

#2027 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

On a whim, I checked to see if they had KOF XIII because I'm still feeling the burn of Amazon not having the 360 version on sale at 25 with the PS3 version yesterday. Luckily, I found it, and with the coupon code, it came down to 23.05 with shipping. Gohastings, always coming through!

Edited by ShinSolidus, 25 April 2012 - 08:16 PM.

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

Feel free to add me! Just let me know you're from CAG, please.

#2028 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Holy shit you're a moron.

Please leave threads that have nothing to do with you. We get it, you don't buy used aside from very explicit cases.
-Michael

Posted Image

#2029 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

I put in 3 orders over the past week lol. Hoping all 8 games are in great condition. Snagged catherine for 18.99 after missing on gamefly twice :/

#2030 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Had my copy of Enslaved canceled...first time I think I've ever had a game canceled from them. Did get Sacred 2 in great condition complete with manual.

#2031 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just put in an order for the Splinter Cell HD trilogy on PS3. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

#2032 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

why my transaction is pending after I purchased used games in gohasting? because out of stock?

#2033 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

why my transaction is pending after I purchased used games in gohasting? because out of stock?

If it shows pending, then it's still to be processed. Why would you assume that it is out of stock if it hasn't been cancelled yet?

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.

#2034 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

right now it would seem the 33OFF code is not longer working, i tried get a ps3 game and a vita game. :(

#2035 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

right now it would seem the 33OFF code is not longer working, i tried get a ps3 game and a vita game. :(

Uh.... Not quite. It's still working. It's just not working on those two games you selected. Are you sure you picked Used? It doesn't work on Previously Viewed.

#2036 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Uh.... Not quite. It's still working. It's just not working on those two games you selected. Are you sure you picked Used? It doesn't work on Previously Viewed.

mlb 12 ps3 used, it didnt work. i wonder why

and the other game was previously used. :-( thanks

#2037 acsguitar

acsguitar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I don't mind GoHastings shipping or Tax I DO mind their letting me order then canceling or showing me in stock then when I click on it saying out of stock.

Still they have good deals so first world problems

#2038 butternuts

butternuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Got drunk this weekend and took advantage of 33% off by buying ultimate mvc3 and blazblue calamity trigger. I got the first blazblue just to see if i liked the series enough to eventually get the new one since used it only cost like 7 bucks. Ultimate arrived perfect and they sent me the collectors edition of blazblue CT brand new. Same thing happened with warriors orochi 2 a while back. Gotta say i do love some gohastings.

#2039 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

mlb 12 ps3 used, it didnt work. i wonder why

and the other game was previously used. :-( thanks

It seems like they've excluded some newer games, like SSX and Mario Party 9. MLB 12 is probably the same. They've also excluded some other random games. Sometimes there isn't rhyme nor reason with what Hastings chooses to include or exclude in certain sales.

#2040 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

received my used copy of mlb 12 today for the vita, it still has the online pass code. :D