Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Sunday Only: 30% Off Used Game Guides, Books, CDs & Movies

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9044 replies to this topic

#8311 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

Just got 50% off of two items. Snagged Pokemon X for $19.50 and Animal Crossing 3DS for $20.62. Thanks a ton, OP!

Posted Image

#8312 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

Damn, had :ps4: NFS Rivals in my cart and POOF, gone.

So I added :ps4: Madden to my cart... POOF, gone too.

MLIFTgM.gif

#8313 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

And of course this friggin company does the opposite of what it normally does in this situation. 50% off is now the deal, likely because people threw a shit fit on Facebook. First post updated.

And of course I had ordered a few books using one of those 40% codes from November just a day ago. Could have saved a few more dimes had I known this was coming. But that's Hastings for you... You can never win with them.

#8314 young chi

young chi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Was able to get Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen on Xbox 360 for $12 with this deal.

#8315 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

the coupon works as promised now! 50% off!

Sweet thanks! In for many.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#8316 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Bought a bunch of stuff on my wishlist! Awesome!!!

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#8317 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Bought four volumes of manga for $6. Thanks!

missed Pokemon X and Y and FE:A for $22 because of a slickdeals post (shakes fist). But I'd rather keep video games in credit anyway so I guess that's okay.

don't touch me

#8318 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Placed an order for PS3 Catherine for $9.15 shipped. Will be sad if its not complete.

Currently Playing -  :pc: Divinity II: Developer's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Game of Thrones 6/29    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12

#8319 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Got Okami-san, Eureka Seven AO Part 1, and Aquarion Evol Part 1

#8320 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Curses, lots of things that are in stock but not updated as in stock on the site, and it's a one day sale too!  T___T

Posted Image

#8321 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Curses, lots of things that are in stock but not updated as in stock on the site, and it's a one day sale too!  T___T

How would you know this information?  Did you call them?

#8322 desertraider

desertraider

Beer Drinkers Make Better Lovers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Too bad nothing is left for X1 or PS4.

#8323 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

How would you know this information?  Did you call them?

After shopping with Hastings for years you eventually figure out how it all works. ^__^

Posted Image

#8324 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

Too bad nothing is left for X1 or PS4.

Or any other system.  :lol:

I would have loved Mario Kart 7, Pokemon Y, New Super Mario Bros (Would have been $10.), NSMB2, Mario 3D Land.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#8325 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

After shopping with Hastings for years you eventually figure out how it all works. ^__^

Spill the beans my friend! Maybe then I can actually buy something from GoHastings during a sale instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  :whee:

Currently watchingGolden Time  

Currently playing: Tales of Symphonia Chronicles  :ps3: Dark Souls :ps3:
Smileyman063.png

#8326 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

Spill the beans my friend! Maybe then I can actually buy something from GoHastings during a sale instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  :whee:

Well it wouldn't do any good for this sale!

Posted Image

#8327 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Asked this in the other thread, but how good are the chances of getting complete 3DS games?

#8328 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Got a used :br: Harry Potter Complete set for $28.xx. I've been looking for a deal on this set for quite a while. Thanks OP!

#8329 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Or any other system.   :lol:

I would have loved Mario Kart 7, Pokemon Y, New Super Mario Bros (Would have been $10.), NSMB2, Mario 3D Land.

I like how you guys are like "GoHastings never has anything in stock" and then you list the bestselling, most coveted items they sell.

Hastings isn't like Best Buy or Amazon. It's very possible that they only have or two copies of any item. For them to get more, people have to go to their stores and trade them in. So basically, you're never going to see those titles for cheap because someone would have to accept $2 credit for each of those games.

#8330 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Asked this in the other thread, but how good are the chances of getting complete 3DS games?

I just ordered a couple and both came complete like new, so that was a pleasant surprise.  One was actually still brand new and sealed (since Hastings can take in sealed games without opening them, unlike GS).

It's been awhile since I ordered a handheld game, but in the past it was all good experiences with completeness, so glad it's still good, but of course YMMV depending on how well each store's standards are when taking in trades.

Posted Image

#8331 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hmmm. Those Wii U games at $79.99 used look so tempting

#8332 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

Well it wouldn't do any good for this sale!

Would be nice to buy something from any sale.  :dunce: I can't say that I have ever found anything to purchase used from Hastings. I'll find an item that says "in-stock" on the main page, but when actually navigate to the page for the item it just says out of stock.

Currently watchingGolden Time  

Currently playing: Tales of Symphonia Chronicles  :ps3: Dark Souls :ps3:
Smileyman063.png

#8333 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

I just ordered a couple and both came complete like new, so that was a pleasant surprise.  One was actually still brand new and sealed (since Hastings can take in sealed games without opening them, unlike GS).

It's been awhile since I ordered a handheld game, but in the past it was all good experiences with completeness, so glad it's still good, but of course YMMV depending on how well each store's standards are when taking in trades.

Alright thanks. Had a few that caught my eye for good prices. Also, thanks for that DualPenSports thread, got mine in today! Soooo many 3DS games this year for me lol

#8334 DieGo2SHAE

DieGo2SHAE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

Woo, got Splinter Cell: Blacklist for $18.70, makes up for missing the $20 amazon/gamestop sale a few days ago where I would have paid taxes as well. Thanks OP and Hastings!  :D

#8335 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Are you sure it was new?  I bought a BSG season last week and it was still sealed in what looked like a new seal, but once I opened it there was a sticker on the box too.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#8336 BxJoka814

BxJoka814

Drowning In My Backlog.

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Finally decided to bite on Splinter Cell Blacklist. $18 not bad at all.

gallery_474050_8161_44877.jpg

#8337 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

God dammit. I went to bed because I assumed the sale was a B1G1 and therefore missed out on NBA 2K14 for PS4. 

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8338 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Alright thanks. Had a few that caught my eye for good prices. Also, thanks for that DualPenSports thread, got mine in today! Soooo many 3DS games this year for me lol

I'm glad it turned out well.  Could have very well gone the other way with dozens of people angry at me for posting that deal. XD

Are you sure it was new?  I bought a BSG season last week and it was still sealed in what looked like a new seal, but once I opened it there was a sticker on the box too.

There are some of those occasionally, but when I opened mine it was untouched, and it wasn't the crappy re-shrink, but the y-fold wrapping on mine, so that's how I gauged it.  Even if it was resealed, still pristine. :3

Posted Image

#8339 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

It's a terrible time to have my laptop be on the fritz while this is going on. Hopefully, it remains stable now. 

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8340 RDLee

RDLee

Twitter.com/RDLee

• CAGiversary!

God dammit. I went to bed because I assumed the sale was a B1G1 and therefore missed out on NBA 2K14 for PS4. 

Same here except I was going for Injustice or Ghosts on PS4. Total bullshit and they should give people like us a unique one-time use code for 50% off so that we can use it whenever these games come back in stock after the sale is over.

I already posted this suggestion for myself on their Facebook page since they seem to be answering people's issues on there. Hopefully, it works because I'm pretty aggravated about the whole ordeal.

RDLee.png