gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9105 replies to this topic

#3151 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Umm, maybe because the place where your order was sent had that single copy, the other 6 copies could be in any other GH store.

Also, I think people's orders are getting wet or something, it's weird hearing similar complaints. One of my movies arrived in a proper bubble envelope, while another one came in just a silver plastic sleeve w/ no protection and the seal of it was not the best. Maybe that is part of the problem, some GH are skimming on proper wrapping and orders are getting wet.

My first three videos, from my second order, came in cheap envelopes, like you described. This most recent shipment though, came in a box, with about seven videos. It was the only one that had been wet, and seemingly by something other than water, as it's a disgusting color. They sent it out in this condition, this didn't happen during shipment. That's just carelessness, and/or poor business ethics. First off, they should not accept something in such poor condition, and secondly, they should never sell something in such poor condition. How can you trust a business that's willing to do that? People keep saying it's a gamble, but they're a business, not an individual selling things on eBay. You should expect some reliability, and a decent product for your money. There should be no gamble when ordering from an established business. Say what you will about Gamestop, but they consistently give decent quality used merchandise. I could bury a dollar in the ground, and hope a money tree grows, or buy a crap product from goHastings, and have to return it. Either way, I'm out a dollar. After a few items, it begins to add up. Especially at $3 shipping per video game, which is a format I also have to return.

In addition, I had to spend an extra $12 buying new Xbox game cases, because the ones they supplied were trash. I literally despise this company. Again, I'm just glad that I could deliver working copies of the games I ordered for a person's birthday. Other than that, this has been a disaster. I don't even know why they split "used" and "previously viewed" in the order section, as everything I purchased was "used," yet half of what was delivered was "previously viewed," and pretty beat, as well. Just cancel the damn order if you don't have it in stock, I don't want to have to spend $3 a pop (shipping) on shit I'm going to have to return, because it's been so scratched and overused! It's like throwing money down the damn toilet...

#3152 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

I could bury a dollar in the ground, and hope a money tree grows, or buy a crap product from goHastings, and have to return it. Either way, I'm out a dollar. After a few items, it begins to add up. Especially at $3 shipping per video game, which is a format I also have to return.

How are you out any money? Whenever I return items they ALWAYS give me a shipping label and refund my original shipping costs...

#3153 kodave

kodave

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

I would appreciate if someone would tell me how the return service works, though. They don't actually take the time to reply to people. I've sent two reports/emails already, and all I get is an email with a printable label. My question is, is that label for the one specific item I emailed about, or do I have to include my receipt, that I received with each item?

It's not rocket science. The blank return label they give you has the instructions on it. Put in the invoice/receipt that came with your items, or a copy of it. If you're returning more than one item in the same box or envelope, put the invoices for all of the items you are returning in there (if they arrived in separate packages and therefore have separate invoice papers). Write your address on the return label and affix it to the package. Seal the package. Drop it in the mail. It costs you nothing but a printed piece of paper and packaging tape since they pay for the postage when the item reaches them.

The only confusing part is Step 3 on the PDF where they say "Print this e-mail." Does that refer to the attachment you have to print to cut out the return label, or do they also want the email conversation with CS too?

I personally have never included the email conversation. I just copy my invoices, put them in with the items, and send it back. Sometimes on the invoice copies, I write what was wrong with the item. Never had a problem getting a return/refund.

In other news, 2 out of 4 items shipped from my order under this $7 off $30 promotion. The other two were cancelled. Now its just a matter of seeing whether I'm charged the full $15.63 for what shipped, or if they still give me the $7 discount and charge me $8.63.

EDIT: Just checked my order history. Instead of $7 off, I got $3.33 off for a total price of $12.30. It appears that they gave me roughly the 22% off that the $7 off my original order total equaled to. I might email CS about it since they said on Facebook you still get the full $7 off even if they cancel items.

This is why Hastings should stick to % off deals an not $X Off Of $Y promotions since they can't guarantee any of their stock.

Edited by kodave, 11 July 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#3154 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

How are you out any money? Whenever I return items they ALWAYS give me a shipping label and refund my original shipping costs...

I read somewhere on their website that they don't return shipping costs, so I went by that. It would be nice though, if they returned that.

#3155 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

It's not rocket science. The blank return label they give you has the instructions on it. Put in the invoice/receipt that came with your items, or a copy of it. If you're returning more than one item in the same box or envelope, put the invoices for all of the items you are returning in there (if they arrived in separate packages and therefore have separate invoice papers). Write your address on the return label and affix it to the package. Seal the package. Drop it in the mail. It costs you nothing but a printed piece of paper and packaging tape since they pay for the postage when the item reaches them.

The only confusing part is Step 3 on the PDF where they say "Print this e-mail." Does that refer to the attachment you have to print to cut out the return label, or do they also want the email conversation with CS too?

I personally have never included the email conversation. I just copy my invoices, put them in with the items, and send it back. Sometimes on the invoice copies, I write what was wrong with the item. Never had a problem getting a return/refund.

In other news, 2 out of 4 items shipped from my order under this $7 off $30 promotion. The other two were cancelled. Now its just a matter of seeing whether I'm charged the full $15.63 for what shipped, or if they still give me the $7 discount and charge me $8.63.

EDIT: Just checked my order history. Instead of $7 off, I got $3.33 off for a total price of $12.30. It appears that they gave me roughly the 22% off that the $7 off my original order total equaled to. I might email CS about it since they said on Facebook you still get the full $7 off even if they cancel items.

This is why Hastings should stick to % off deals an not $X Off Of $Y promotions since they can't guarantee any of their stock.

Thanks, I never actually bothered looking over the pdf file. I guess I should have.

#3156 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Exactly as I suspected. I'd say good luck in the argument but then I have always won my arguments with CS in a matter of seconds. They will likely give you the $7 since it was posted as such on facebook.

I read somewhere on their website that they don't return shipping costs, so I went by that. It would be nice though, if they returned that.

Ive never had them NOT return shipping costs. They also tell you on their website you are required to return the item to them, but in 99% of the defective items I have received I have only had to return 1 and thats cause it was the WRONG item and not a DEFECTIVE one. Got my shipping back on that too.

#3157 kodave

kodave

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

Ive never had them NOT return shipping costs. They also tell you on their website you are required to return the item to them, but in 99% of the defective items I have received I have only had to return 1 and thats cause it was the WRONG item and not a DEFECTIVE one. Got my shipping back on that too.

I think the only time they don't return shipping costs is on books under the new $0.96 per order thing under circumstances like this: Say you order three books and have to return one. You still eat the full $0.96 shipping cost for that order because you still have those two books.

But on DVDs, games, etc. I've always been refunded the full individual item shipping cost.

#3158 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

Where does it say that on Facebook. I might have to deal with this, so it would be beneficial to know where they publicly said it so I can dispute. I probably would have disputed it anyways since the main item I wanted looks like the one that's OOS, but it couldn't hurt to have some extra back up.

*Edit*
Nvm, I found out.

You wouldn't happen to be the feller that made that post would ya? ;D

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3159 kodave

kodave

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Where does it say that on Facebook. I might have to deal with this, so it would be beneficial to know where they publicly said it so I can dispute. I probably would have disputed it anyways since the main item I wanted looks like the one that's OOS, but it couldn't hurt to have some extra back up.

*Edit*
Nvm, I found out.

You wouldn't happen to be the feller that made that post would ya? ;D

Not I.

But for those wondering, here is a screen shot of the post:

Posted Image

#3160 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

i rarely get stuff cancelled in these "lesser" deals, its always the 30-40% off one day sales, so looks like all my stuff shipped and I wont have to deal with that, but thats a heck of a deal if you can get them to honor it, if the item that gets cancelled was your filler item anyway heh

#3161 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

I waited too long trying to decide if I wanted Dragon's Dogma; the price shot up $12 and no longer applies the $7 off.

#3162 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Anyone know how hastings determines whether you need to send back the defective item or whether they let you keep it? It seems pretty arbitrary to me, but didnt know maybe it was a price threshold or if you report too many on one account or something... My guess is its probably just dependent on what CS rep you get but wanted to know other peoples experience if anyone knew anything about that.

#3163 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Anyone know how hastings determines whether you need to send back the defective item or whether they let you keep it? It seems pretty arbitrary to me, but didnt know maybe it was a price threshold or if you report too many on one account or something... My guess is its probably just dependent on what CS rep you get but wanted to know other peoples experience if anyone knew anything about that.

It's based off the representatives you get, because I have gotten an official response before as to how they gauge it from one rep, but it gets thrown out the window when I get another rep. But it is consistent through each rep, so it just depends on which one you get.

There was a small timeframe when I had to call them up literally every week, so I started to keep track of all their names and voices.

I got the same 4 reps each time, but 2 of them always told me to send back, and 2 of them always told me to keep it, so it just depends on the specific rep you get.

#3164 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Thats what I figured. I was kind of hoping to keep this one since it was just missing 2 out of the 3 discs and the 1 disc it did have was one of the movie versions. I guess I will just watch it and send it back lol. I guess I get lucky most of the time then since most of the reps Ive gotten tell me to keep the items, but I do often feel bad when I have to call up about several items within the same order.

#3165 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

$10 off $30 today only.

Promo code: BONUS

#3166 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

$10 off $30 today only.

Promo code: BONUS

Tried it on a few things I had in my cart, but didn't work with the BONUS code even though it worked with the 7FOR7 code, and then I looked at the post more closely and it doesn't look like it works on everything as the 7FOR7 did. Or at least not on the stuff in my cart. Weird. @_@

#3167 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

ugh, i did two 7for7 orders today, wouldve at least tried the $10 off code if i had known :-/

#3168 jack612

jack612

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Picked up The Witcher 2 for $23 shipped.

#3169 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Just grabbed Dragon's Dogma (PS3, used) for $34.12 shipped. Cheapest I've seen it.

#3170 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Man, there really needs to be another 3 for $21 on new books offer. I'm not really running out of material, but I'd love to whittle down my wish list of expensive products. ;) I already removed most of the DVDs that were priced at 99 cents last year and have since gone up to compensate for the decrease in shipping costs. Free shipping would've been nice before they changed their pricing scheme. =\
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#3171 kodave

kodave

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Just placed two orders with the $10 off $30 for used books. I'm skeptical that any of them will ship, especially since one of the titles got cancelled on me earlier in the week, but we'll see I guess. I still need to email them about that $7 off thing.

#3172 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm trying to check out using the $10 off BONUS code, but for some reason, I'm getting an error message concerning my payment method:

"Please review errors highlighted below in red.
Your Payment method has issues. The order you are trying to place did not go through."

The thing is, I have no idea what they're talking about--I triple-checked my CC#, expiration date, and security code, and I'm still getting this error; I also haven't had any issues using the same CC for purchases over the past few days. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this an issue with the Gohastings website?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3173 kodave

kodave

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm trying to check out using the $10 off BONUS code, but for some reason, I'm getting an error message concerning my payment method:

"Please review errors highlighted below in red.
Your Payment method has issues. The order you are trying to place did not go through."

The thing is, I have no idea what they're talking about--I triple-checked my CC#, expiration date, and security code, and I'm still getting this error; I also haven't had any issues using the same CC for purchases over the past few days. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this an issue with the Gohastings website?

So there was nothing highlighted in red?

If this error is what I think it is, it is something that happens with no rhyme nor reason and usually Hastings has no idea how to fix it. Your best bet is to give them a call.

#3174 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

So there was nothing highlighted in red?

If this error is what I think it is, it is something that happens with no rhyme nor reason and usually Hastings has no idea how to fix it. Your best bet is to give them a call.

The only highlighted-red thing is the $10 discount from BONUS. Unfortunately, I'm at work right now so calling isn't an option at the moment. Also, it's not like I really need the two manga volumes ($6.61 each, new) and DVD set ($20.99 used) I'd be purchasing right now, so maybe I'll just wait for the next % off promotion that will allow me to get the set for cheaper, and I can just wait for the next manga volume in the series to be released to capitalize on the $0.96 flat shipping for book orders.

It's not that I'm lazy--this error just might be a sign that I should save my money for other things. Thanks for the advice, regardless. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#3175 kodave

kodave

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

The only highlighted-red thing is the $10 discount from BONUS. Unfortunately, I'm at work right now so calling isn't an option at the moment. Also, it's not like I really need the two manga volumes ($6.61 each, new) and DVD set ($20.99 used) I'd be purchasing right now, so maybe I'll just wait for the next % off promotion that will allow me to get the set for cheaper, and I can just wait for the next manga volume in the series to be released to capitalize on the $0.96 flat shipping for book orders.

It's not that I'm lazy--this error just might be a sign that I should save my money for other things. Thanks for the advice, regardless. :)

Do you work in a different state than where you live? People have reported that when they try to place an internet order from a state different than where their billing/shipping address is from, Hastings won't let it go through.

#3176 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

Do you work in a different state than where you live? People have reported that when they try to place an internet order from a state different than where their billing/shipping address is from, Hastings won't let it go through.

Nope, that's not the case; I live 20 minutes away from my workplace in the same state. I suppose I could try placing the order at home to see if it works--maybe it's an IP address-related issue? :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3177 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thanks OP. Picked up a PS3 DualShock3 Controller for $22.xx after promo...

#3178 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just got off the phone with Hastings, and I have to say I am very pleased with how much they actually cared about what the customer had to say and was willing to listen and also admit faults with their system and not make excuses.

The hour I spent on the phone with a Hastings supervisor and also Hastings Director of e-commerce really let me walk away feeling like something was actually accomplished. I don't think I would have expected the kind of interaction Hastings provided me with, especially with people who are higher up in the chain of the company from the inside.

Many of the issues we talked about in this thread, as far as stock issues, condition issues, site issues, and an assortment of other issues were all discussed in this conversation and in full detail. I appreciate the types of details I got as well as the types of details I was able to provide to them without being cut off or interjected with a reason of why it happens. They actually listened to what I had to say, which is quite refreshing when dealing with a company that's pretty big.

This conversation of course did not magically fix any of the problems, but it did help me confirm they do know of the issues and are actively trying to fix them. Only time will tell how long it will take to resolve these issues, but things like these aren't always so easily fixed depending on a number of other things, and it is nice for me as a customer to have a much better understanding of what's actually happening from the inner workings of the company, and puts me at ease a little more.

Happy to be a customer with Hastings, and of course will continue to shop with them. Definitely have a new found respect for their customer service concerns , even though it was pretty high to begin with in the past with their phone service and now social media service, but this is a new found respect.

I am not saying any of this to persuade anyone into shopping at Hastings, but just letting you know about the awesome experience I just had with the company.

#3179 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Just got off the phone with Hastings, and I have to say I am very pleased with how much they actually cared about what the customer had to say and was willing to listen and also admit faults with their system and not make excuses.

The hour I spent on the phone with a Hastings supervisor and also Hastings Director of e-commerce really let me walk away feeling like something was actually accomplished. I don't think I would have expected the kind of interaction Hastings provided me with, especially with people who are higher up in the chain of the company from the inside.

Many of the issues we talked about in this thread, as far as stock issues, condition issues, site issues, and an assortment of other issues were all discussed in this conversation and in full detail. I appreciate the types of details I got as well as the types of details I was able to provide to them without being cut off or interjected with a reason of why it happens. They actually listened to what I had to say, which is quite refreshing when dealing with a company that's pretty big.

This conversation of course did not magically fix any of the problems, but it did help me confirm they do know of the issues and are actively trying to fix them. Only time will tell how long it will take to resolve these issues, but things like these aren't always so easily fixed depending on a number of other things, and it is nice for me as a customer to have a much better understanding of what's actually happening from the inner workings of the company, and puts me at ease a little more.

Happy to be a customer with Hastings, and of course will continue to shop with them. Definitely have a new found respect for their customer service concerns , even though it was pretty high to begin with in the past with their phone service and now social media service, but this is a new found respect.

I am not saying any of this to persuade anyone into shopping at Hastings, but just letting you know about the awesome experience I just had with the company.

So what exactly did they say? Don't be an information hoarder. ;)

#3180 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

So what exactly did they say? Don't be an information hoarder. ;)

It's kind of a lot to go over considering it was literally an hour long conversation with a couple people, and I was on conference call for about 20 minutes of that conversation too, so I'm beat from it. I can probably answer things in excerpts if you want, but to go over all of it at once will take too much work, so if you have anything specific you want to know about some of that stuff, I can probably answer it, assuming it was something that came up in the conversation. :bouncy: