gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9103 replies to this topic

#3241 Gore

Gore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

Just got Gears3 $10.48 + s/h/tax. 13.67 isn't too shabby this round. nice friends

#3242 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

So I just got that bug where it wont let you check out but doesnt give you any errors. I was signed into my account and it was a saved method of payment. I tried several times on the computer and my phone, and finally instead of letting it auto fill, I filled the credit card number again and it went through no problems, just a thought for something to try for those who have had that problem before, since Ive seen a lot of people on here complaining about it.

#3243 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

star wars complete comes back into stock, and of course it doesnt work with the sale :(
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3244 kodave

kodave

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

96 cent shipping is the new deal. Fri-Sat may see something like Free Shipping so order at your own risk.

#3245 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Some decent $5 new games: King of Fighters 12 and Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (Zelda-ish game) both for Xbox 360, Sin & Punishment for Wii.

#3246 electrichead

electrichead

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

Ordered baroque and monster hunter for the ps2 like a week ago. Monster hunter came in yesterday. When checking my order status it says that baroque is still processing and that other copies are on soldout. So I guess at this point I'm waiting for the cancelation email :(

#3247 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

So on the 30% off sale, I ordered 3 items, one was a rare release, another was a newely released item, and another was an insanely good price (I went back and ordered a 2nd just because). I doubted any would ship since it had been 2-3 days without any information, but today all 4 shipped! I was amazed... and excited! :-)

#3248 kodave

kodave

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

So I emailed Hastings about getting the full $7 off instead of the reduced amount and they just responded with "We need additional information from you, please call us." Well I'm not currently in a position to call during their business hours right now. Its a simple question. What is the policy? The full $7 off like they said on Facebook, or a reduced amount off? They have my order number, they have the ability to refund me through that, so pick your fucking policy and apply it Hastings. Don't make me jump through hoops by emailing then calling. But I have a feeling that's the idea behind asking me to call.

#3249 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

So I emailed Hastings about getting the full $7 off instead of the reduced amount and they just responded with "We need additional information from you, please call us." Well I'm not currently in a position to call during their business hours right now. Its a simple question. What is the policy? The full $7 off like they said on Facebook, or a reduced amount off? They have my order number, they have the ability to refund me through that, so pick your fucking policy and apply it Hastings. Don't make me jump through hoops by emailing then calling. But I have a feeling that's the idea behind asking me to call.

They sent me the same response when I emailed them, but I didn't call because they had already cancelled my order by that point. I still wonder if that other guy got his game and they screwed me out of my order that I placed a couple of hours before.

On another note, I ordered a figure from them that arrived in an impressive 2 days. That stupid Shoprunner service can't even do that.

#3250 kodave

kodave

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

They sent me the same response when I emailed them, but I didn't call because they had already cancelled my order by that point.

I'm confused. Were you emailing regarding the $7 off after some of your order got cancelled, but it ended up your whole order got cancelled so it doesn't matter at this point?

#3251 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

On another note, I ordered a figure from them that arrived in an impressive 2 days. That stupid Shoprunner service can't even do that.

How was the packaging on that figure you got? There's a few I'd like to order from them, but I'm a bit hesitant given how they package their books.

#3252 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'm confused. Were you emailing regarding the $7 off after some of your order got cancelled, but it ended up your whole order got cancelled so it doesn't matter at this point?

No, sorry. I was talking about my post earlier in this thread. I was trying to get them to apply the $10 code instead of the $7 code, because that code showed up an hour after I ordered. I was only trying to order the one game on that order.

How was the packaging on that figure you got? There's a few I'd like to order from them, but I'm a bit hesitant given how they package their books.

I ordered the Play Arts Snow figure (it's kinda crappy but it was cheap) and it came in a big box with lots of bubble wrap, so it was real secure during shipping. The box for the figure was kinda dirty though. Might not want to order statues from them. I ordered a bunch one time when one of the 30 percent off codes worked for them, and every single one was an open display model; the boxes for all but one were in great condition though.

Edited by sayu, 18 July 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#3253 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

The couple occasions I've dealt with their customer service have been one-sided like that, like they were "passing the buck". Based on my experience, communicating with them through e-mail was more cumbersome than calling them, but calling them didn't fair much better. There was just a lack of coordination overall between their customer service, like, they'd deny me but give different reasons for my case (in which case, I couldn't refute anything, because I would have had to explain what was communicated to one person to another all over again).

At the same, my experience was mostly negligible (with a difference of maybe several dollars or so), and it didn't stop me from ordering from them again in the future.

#3254 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

got my $10 off 30 order today, and my 30% off Godfather collection should be here friday.

for 42 got Godfather Collection, Harry Potter 4 UE, and 2 other blus...good deal
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3255 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Got my blus today. Project X for $8 was like new (imagine that). 2001 A space odyssey was also like new. Got From Hell though and it looks like the case came from hell. Blu is fine though. Good stuff.

#3256 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

I added to my cart 2 new games and used code HAPPYDAYS, but no discount? I tried switching to different browser, same thing anyone else get this?

Promotion code HAPPYDAYS has been applied to your order.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#3257 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

I added to my cart 2 new games and used code HAPPYDAYS, but no discount? I tried switching to different browser, same thing anyone else get this?

Promotion code HAPPYDAYS has been applied to your order.

Welcome to Gohastings, please enjoy your stay!

#3258 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:15 AM

Got my $21 :360: Max Payne 3 today, came brand new (not a single mark on the disc, case still smells like new) and it was the Walmart version which came with the Max Payne 1 full game code -- which was unused. Love me some GoHastings.

#3259 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Contemplating ordering Rock Band 3 previously viewed. No used in stock. Hmm...

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#3260 kodave

kodave

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

Updated. No new deals at the moment but something may be sprung on Facebook tomorrow.

#3261 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

I am hating the plastic bags they are using at some of the stores for shipping. Just recieved a hardback GN and it really took a beating from USPS. Wish they had a option for paying a little more for S&H to get better quality packing material.

#3262 kodave

kodave

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:23 AM

I've been out of town and dealing with my stuff, but in an email from Hastings that I missed, a CS rep emailed me and apologized for the confusion surrounding whether the discount from the $7 off $30 promotion after some cancellations would be the full $7 off or just a percentage off. The email said they are working on improving email customer service relations and that my situation (I assume contacting them via email and speaking publicly here on CAG) has helped them realize they need to make changes. I'm not sure if that just meant changes re: CS relations or if that meant changes in having clear policies and logical deals for dealing with things like $7 off $30. Additionally, the items that I did get shipped from that order were refunded to me as part of the apology. So that was nice of Hastings to do, and hopefully we do see changes come sometime in the near future as they have spoken about with me, Squarehard, and apparently others.

#3263 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

There may be no new online sales to report, but the weekly ad for B&M Hastings is offering 25% off all ukuleles. Shit's about to get serious!

#3264 kodave

kodave

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

I just opened my packages from Hastings and found a major problem in one of the two books I'm already getting a refund on that I mentioned above. This might be the worst condition book they ever sent me, topping the previously ripped in half cover on a trade paperback. It does not appear that it was damaged in transit, though the packaging (standard bubble mailer) was ripped open in several spots. I've emailed Hastings about it:

#3265 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

Only deals for books and movies.

Posted Image
Posted Image

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3266 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

A lot of the PS2 game prices seem to have been jacked up.

#3267 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

whats the latest someone has waited for an items to ship? Gohastings sent out emails to me about 2 weeks ago saying items of mine shipped and Im still waiting on some of the items.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#3268 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

Got both the DC and Marvel hardcover encylcopedias for just $30 shipped. Here's hoping the condition is good! Passed on a bunch of Blu-rays that were in my cart because Best Buy and their U&S has me spoiled.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3269 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

got departed and corpse bride blu rays for 8 bucks
currently playing witcher 2(360),dmc hd collection(ps3),persona 4(ps2)

#3270 kodave

kodave

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

whats the latest someone has waited for an items to ship? Gohastings sent out emails to me about 2 weeks ago saying items of mine shipped and Im still waiting on some of the items.

Did they not include tracking numbers? What were the items? Books? Games?

Also, first post updated. More money spent at Hastings.