gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9104 replies to this topic

#6481 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

crossing my fingers that all mine get shipped.
Had to get a few things that got Damaged by USPS last time. Never got the package.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#6482 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Just a heads up, you can add 2 games the cart, and then find 2 cheap books to add, and you still get the discount. Or 1 game, 3 books, 3 games, 1 book, etc.
Posted Image

#6483 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Just a heads up, you can add 2 games the cart, and then find 2 cheap books to add, and you still get the discount. Or 1 game, 3 books, 3 games, 1 book, etc.

Pretty sure it's always been this way when they run this type of promo.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6484 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Pretty sure it's always been this way when they run this type of promo.

Yep. It's a glitch in the system, but it won't discount the stuff in the cart that's not eligible though, yet still give you the discount because you have 4 items in the cart.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#6485 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Yep. It's a glitch in the system, but it won't discount the stuff in the cart that's not eligible though, yet still give you the discount because you have 4 items in the cart.

its not a glitch that they are talking about, its just mix and match. Youve always been able to mix and match in promos like this.

#6486 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

its not a glitch that they are talking about, its just mix and match. Youve always been able to mix and match in promos like this.

In fact, the promo language itself says Mix and Match

#6487 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Ugh, I found 4 games I wanted, but I really cant justify it when the shipping jacks the price back up to what they would have been before the 40% <_<.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6488 kodave

kodave

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Ugh, I found 4 games I wanted, but I really cant justify it when the shipping jacks the price back up to what they would have been before the 40% <_<.

Posted Image

#6489 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

Nice gif, it really illustrates all of the cycles of rage I went through.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6490 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Didn't realize books was included in this sale. Ignore my previous comments in regards to the books.

Although my statement still stands for that glitch I was referring to specifically, for example,

Posted Image

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#6491 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Didn't realize books was included in this sale. Ignore my previous comments in regards to the books.

Although my statement still stands for that glitch I was referring to specifically, for example,

Posted Image

BTW you can find those remotes used at gamestop for 5.99. Awesome netflix/tv remote plus it can turn both units off and on.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#6492 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Yea, I understand what you were saying, just wasnt what they were talking about when you replied to them. With this type of "sale" you can usually just add 4 items to your cart and use the code, and even if it doesnt apply to all, it will apply to the ones that count because you are purchasing 4 items. I honestly dont think hastings minds if the 4th item you buy isnt one thats on sale lol

#6493 BrandonJ33

BrandonJ33

Alex Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Cool, I was strongly considering buying Virtua Tennis Vita from these guys because I've been waiting for it to drop forever and they had the lowest price I could find. Added a few Mill Creek 50 movie DVD sets. I love those things :P

This is my first order with them after seeing their deals posted here for ages, guess I'll see what shape my stuff arrives in.

#6494 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Any deals for the first day of the new year?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#6495 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Buy 1 get 40% off 2nd (new or used games only) Code: 2013. 1 day only.

#6496 kodave

kodave

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Nice gif, it really illustrates all of the cycles of rage I went through.

:roll:

#6497 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

well, I'm not happy with GH right now, after two of my books from the 5 for 25 deal got shipped to a wrong address, and back to their return facility last week, I have sent them about five emails telling them I WANTED the items and gave them my address to fix the problem. I have since received emails asking me to confirm the address and only one of them had my address in it at all, now I'm being refunded the money...
you know it's funny because the only problems I've had with hastings is when the books are coming in from stores located within my state.

#6498 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Got all 5 of my books from the 5 for 25 and they're all in excellent condition. Only 1/5 even had a sticker on it. Very, very happy.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6499 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Just noticed this line on the order status page: "FAQ: Status Out of Stock? Lucky you! You got the last one!"

#6500 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Just noticed this line on the order status page: "FAQ: Status Out of Stock? Lucky you! You got the last one!"

Nice wording. I like their style.

#6501 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I saw that before. What makes it amusing to me is that they've always shown the items I've ordered as out of stock on the order page, even if their site still shows it as in stock.

#6502 kodave

kodave

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

I saw that before. What makes it amusing to me is that they've always shown the items I've ordered as out of stock on the order page, even if their site still shows it as in stock.

It's a bizarre Mickey Mouse patch. It doesn't make sense why they just don't have a programmer remove that code from the order history pages. But I guess it was easier for them to just change the wording rather than fix their code.

#6503 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Damn. I finally found three hardcover books I wanted and the promo code doesn't work with them. My luck stinks.

You know what, the code seems to be glitched. I went and added a few random books from the qualifying list they link you to and only one of them's showing up with the discount. Grr.

Second edit - looks like I wasn't paying attention to the pricing when I was throwing those qualifying books into my cart, and some were below $7 already. So it really is just the books I'm wanting not qualifying. Bah.

Edited by Deserter Goose, 03 January 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#6504 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

oh man have i missed being able to talk in this thread

spent 1400 on the 40 percent sale suffice to say i need to buy 2 more bookcases before those packages arrive

also had 1 issue from a week or 2 ago where i got the paperback instead of the hardcover(i ordered while they were having all the issues so likely that was the cause) got the standard refund no return so no harm done

#6505 kodave

kodave

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Updated the first post

#6506 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Sweet! Got ted, pitch perfect, looper and paranorman for $45 shipped.

#6507 LazyChan

LazyChan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

As usual almost everything I want is out of stock.
:)

#6508 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

why now when ive got 3 different family members in the hospital who's kids i have to take care of until they get out does gh run all their 40 percent sales

#6509 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

hey kodave do you think rayman origins 360 is a pricing error at 5.99?

#6510 kodave

kodave

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

hey kodave do you think rayman origins 360 is a pricing error at 5.99?

I have no idea. It's not in stock so it doesn't particularly matter. The price would likely change if they received more stock.