MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:11 AM

I wish they weren't raising prices for these DotD sales lol

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#62 kodave

kodave

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

I wish they weren't raising prices for these DotD sales lol

Well, its less than a dollar. I suppose its not that uncommon for "deals" these days to be non-deals and essentially be the every day regular price.

At any rate, the OP has been updated for today's DOTD. Of course, the Xbox 360 version of the first Army of Two hasn't been updated to the correct price and it may not be for several hours. The rest are good to go.

#63 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

Well, its less than a dollar. I suppose its not that uncommon for "deals" these days to be non-deals and essentially be the every day regular price.

Yeah I wasn't so much complaining about the 80 cent price increase, but even if if was like $2 off or free shipping on these $10 games I'd be more likely to jump on something.. kinda hard to get excited about these DOTDs when you could get most of them for the same price if not cheaper right now. But credit to them for trying, I like Hastings and ill continue to check back for some good deals.

Anyway, thanks for keeping up with this thread OP

#64 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:36 AM

Crysis 2 for $19.99...nice
Much better deal on Monday than the prior.

Posted Image

#65 kodave

kodave

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

Crysis 2 for $19.99...nice
Much better deal on Monday than the prior.

Looks like they changed the essential non-deal on the Disney Sing It game to Crysis 2 and the Fable III deal to LA Noire. Updated the OP to reflect both changes.

#66 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image

...Damn it. Could have saved a dollar. :(
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#67 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

It's a good thing I procrastinated when it was 30% off. Got $30 worth of books, mostly graphic novels and some fiction books I've been meaning to get for a while

#68 kodave

kodave

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

I'm staring at a cart full of $40 of used books, almost all of them between $2 and $3 each for hardcover copies. At the risk of some books going OOS I'm going to have to think about pulling the trigger. I'm also concerned about pissing off my route's postal worker with whats sure to be many individual shipments.

I don't see how Hastings makes money off this. These prices undercut Amazon used listings that qualify for free shipping under the Prime program, and they certainly undercut all of my local used bookstores where prices are always just a little higher than Amazon for used books.

#69 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

Yeah their book prices (and everything else I guess) are pretty crazy. One of the books I ordered, a Star Wars Omnibus was cancelled, but I had a feeling that might happen. As long as I get most of the books I'll be happy. It's such a tempting sale though, as I'm always thinking about books I've been meaning to read and this is pretty much as cheap as I'll find them. Having free shipping on everything kicks ass too

#70 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

The strategy guide prices are pretty crazy. I just ordered 19 guides for games in my backlog for $42 shipped. Many guides are in the $2 shipped range after discount.

Spoiler

#71 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

crysis2 and la noire look like possible flips.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#72 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

I'm staring at a cart full of $40 of used books, almost all of them between $2 and $3 each for hardcover copies. At the risk of some books going OOS I'm going to have to think about pulling the trigger. I'm also concerned about pissing off my route's postal worker with whats sure to be many individual shipments.

I don't see how Hastings makes money off this. These prices undercut Amazon used listings that qualify for free shipping under the Prime program, and they certainly undercut all of my local used bookstores where prices are always just a little higher than Amazon for used books.

Seriously. My girlfriend's a big Death Note fan, and I just bought 7 volumes for $1.20 each. To get all of those volumes for the price of one bought at a B&M B&N is pretty amazing. They also have Absolute Watchmen, softcover version, for a measly $2.20, and the paperback version of American Gods for $2.10. There are so many great deals, and the books are usually in such great condition, that Hastings is now the only place I buy books from.

Lol, the postal worker was coming to my house just about every day during their last 40% off sale when I used a $50 gift card goHastings gave me to get about 30 books. I got one large box with a declared weight of 14lbs, and I'm pretty sure shipping was more than what I paid for the books contained within it. ;)
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#73 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

Finally bit the bullet on Duke Nukem Forever. I enjoyed it when I rented it and didn't get to finish it. I was going to buy when it was cheap enough and for 17.65 with some book. That's cheap enough. :lol:

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#74 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

...Damn it. Could have saved a dollar. :(

Thanks, decided to buy all the Dark Tower books. Too bad almost all the Transmetropolitan Volumes are oos....
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#75 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:47 PM

If you don't own this and you don't buy it, you're crazy.

Bone - One Volume Edition - $4.80 shipped

http://www.gohasting...u/198957717.uts

#76 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

If you don't own this and you don't buy it, you're crazy.

Bone - One Volume Edition - $4.80 shipped

http://www.gohasting...u/198957717.uts

Doesn't seem to qualify for the discount, but even at $7.99 it's a solid value.

I just noticed Amazon has a pre-order up for a 20th anniversary full color version of the Bone one volume set. It's pretty pricey though:

http://www.amazon.co...15786276&sr=8-2

#77 kodave

kodave

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

I've always intended on getting that Bone One Volume edition but then a few months ago I saw that full color version and knew it would be worth it to wait. Here's some more on it, including some collector and limited edition versions of it: http://www.comicsbea...ater-this-year/

But still, the "regular" 20th Anniversary book looks fantastic:
Posted Image

Also, if anyone is interest in gambling on the condition of the Simpsons World Season 1-20 episode guide, it's only $21 after the discount is applied :http://www.gohasting...u/283147519.uts

#78 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:53 AM

How come the Fable 3 deal was cancelled? Would it have included the Day One DLC?

#79 kodave

kodave

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

How come the Fable 3 deal was cancelled? Would it have included the Day One DLC?

No idea. They just decided to do LA Noire instead. If the DLC isn't on the basic disc, then it wouldn't have been included. If it needed a code included with the basic game, the code may have been redeemed as it would have been a used game purchase.

On that note, today's DOTD has been updated. The prices are not live yet but should be whenever Hastings gets its act together over the next handful of hours. I left instructions in the OP on how to get a copy of the game for $18.26 shipped.

Edited by kodave, 12 September 2011 - 05:36 AM.

#80 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

Used Kinect Sensor for $74.99
http://www.gohasting...u/282936743.uts

#81 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:00 AM

hmm LA noir for $18 sounds like a good deal
Posted Image

#82 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

Never thought I'd say this, but forget the video game sales. Those book sales are orgasmic. Gotta agree 100% on scooping up Bone for cheap. You're almost just paying for the amount of paper in the book at that price.

Crysis 2 for ~$18 shipped though, so fucking tempting. I'm just glad there's not a filler $10.

For those of you looking to flip, Amazon's TIV is $15, and GS' base TIV is $12 (if you're lucky enough to have access to a store with +50% TIV, that's $18, I just think of PUR covering tax) so there's not a profit to be made, but you won't lose much over a week rental before shipping it to Amazon.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#83 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

Never thought I'd say this, but forget the video game sales. Those book sales are orgasmic. Gotta agree 100% on scooping up Bone for cheap. You're almost just paying for the amount of paper in the book at that price.

Crysis 2 for ~$18 shipped though, so fucking tempting. I'm just glad there's not a filler $10.

For those of you looking to flip, Amazon's TIV is $15, and GS' base TIV is $12 (if you're lucky enough to have access to a store with +50% TIV, that's $18, I just think of PUR covering tax) so there's not a profit to be made, but you won't lose much over a week rental before shipping it to Amazon.

TIV is $20 at BB plus you can an extra 50% if you preorder Gears 3. Just saying..

#84 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

I wouldn't necessarily trust GoHastings to get you your games by the end of the week...

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#85 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

If you are lucky (or unlucky, as the case often is) enough to have a Hasting's B&M store nearby, you can trade it back to them for $20....free rental.

#86 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

TIV is $20 at BB plus you can an extra 50% if you preorder Gears 3. Just saying..

Ugh, totally forgot how much better their TIVs are. We don't have any BBs that accept trade-ins over here. I wonder if BB trade-in values will become a thread or part of the TIV-tracker. Thanks for clarifying that.

$36.52 would get you Gears 3 this way, and be eligible for the Pre-Order 5, Get $100 promotion (to my knowledge). And Mechanic Baird, if that's your thing.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#87 isaac clarke

isaac clarke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:52 AM

WTF....Why isn't Crysis 2 ringing up for 19.99 on the website ?

#88 isaac clarke

isaac clarke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

Hah nvm....it just turned midnite in az

#89 kodave

kodave

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

WTF....Why isn't Crysis 2 ringing up for 19.99 on the website ?

I'll add it to the main post, but all you had to do was read back to my last post in this thread. GoHastings, for whatever reason, doesn't update the prices for the deals immediately even though they change the deal of the day image. Sometimes its within a couple of hours, sometimes its a handful of hours. The price will get adjusted as soon as someone at Hastings pulls their head out and probably manually adjusts their poor online system.

Edit: Apparently it switched today at midnight Pacific time. That's not the norm. It's updated earlier and later on other days.

#90 simpleanarchy

simpleanarchy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

Just submitted my order for Crysis 2 (PS3) and a used Assassins Creed 2 guide book. Also used SAVEABE code.

Hopefully it won't get cancelled :bouncy: