gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9105 replies to this topic

#2251 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Well I have to say, I was slow to start shopping with Hastings (to say the least) due to the shipping. But I gladly say that I eat my words. So far, my experience has been excellent. From the 33% off sale I bought Fortune Street, Skylanders (ps3), and Kinect Disneyland Adventures. So far, Fortune Street and Skylanders have arrived.

Fortune Street came complete, including an unused Club Nintendo code and the disc looks like it's never been played.

Skylanders is one of the best experiences i've ever had with a used game. It came in a very large box with a lot of packing protection. It included the original box, all three figures, the portal, the game complete (a couple light fingerprints on the disc that wiped away easily), the poster and trading cards still unopened, and even the three unused AA batteries. The only difference between this and a new copy, it seems, is the shrink wrap was gone. All that for $19.86 + shipping. I've included a picture in spoilers
Spoiler

If Disneyland Adventures is in as good condition as the first two, GoHastings has a new loyal customer.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#2252 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

If Disneyland Adventures is in as good condition as the first two, GoHastings has a new loyal customer.

They sent you a new copy of Disneyland Adventures since they were out of used at the time of your order, but then they realized you're the asshole who gave them so much shit over $2.28 shipping that they rerouted the delivery and sent you a disc-only copy. Sorry, mate.

#2253 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

They sent you a new copy of Disneyland Adventures since they were out of used at the time of your order, but then they realized you're the asshole who gave them so much shit over $2.28 shipping that they rerouted the delivery and sent you a disc-only copy. Sorry, mate.

You're cool

#2254 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

Well I have to say, I was slow to start shopping with Hastings (to say the least) due to the shipping. But I gladly say that I eat my words. So far, my experience has been excellent. From the 33% off sale I bought Fortune Street, Skylanders (ps3), and Kinect Disneyland Adventures. So far, Fortune Street and Skylanders have arrived.

Fortune Street came complete, including an unused Club Nintendo code and the disc looks like it's never been played.

Skylanders is one of the best experiences i've ever had with a used game. It came in a very large box with a lot of packing protection. It included the original box, all three figures, the portal, the game complete (a couple light fingerprints on the disc that wiped away easily), the poster and trading cards still unopened, and even the three unused AA batteries. The only difference between this and a new copy, it seems, is the shrink wrap was gone. All that for $19.86 + shipping. I've included a picture in spoilers

Spoiler

I'm glad you gave them a chance despite our sometimes hostile responses to the shipping complaints. Only charging you 2.28 to ship that huge skylanders box isn't a bad deal at all.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2255 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

You're cool

I was being flippant but I'll admit that I'll laugh if it actually comes that way.

#2256 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

I'm glad you gave them a chance despite our sometimes hostile responses to the shipping complaints. Only charging you 2.28 to ship that huge skylanders box isn't a bad deal at all.

Me too. I can admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong about Hastings. Great site.

#2257 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Disneyland Adventures arrived complete with case and manual. Not a scratch or even so much as a fingerprint on the disc. Hastings was 3/3 for me. My doubts were firmly put to rest and my complaints about shipping charges were unjustified. I'm officially a Hastings loyal customer after this great experience.

#2258 Hypnot1zed

Hypnot1zed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

I ordered 5 used games from GoHastings and surprisingly all of them came in good condition with case/manual. I will definitely order from them again when they have a 30% off sale... but I should hold off for a while I have quite a backlog now.

Instagc is the best site to earn gift cards, try it out!  http://www.instagc.com/98027

#2259 sokmaster

sokmaster

sweep the leg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Wanted to echo similar experiences with my recent order that I got in today. All 3 games were in excellent condition. I've pretty much built a 15~ game backlog from the 29-33% off sales that GoHastings has run throughout the year so far. Very pleased!

#2260 kodave

kodave

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Good to see people are having positive experiences this time around. But be warned, you will have a bad purchase experience at some point, and it will test your desire to be a Hastings customer. But hopefully people get much more good out of these deals than bad.

#2261 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

I once ordered a copy of Metal Gear Ac!d that the UMD looked like somebody tried smuggling it into the U.S. up their ass... I sold it to the local music shop, but aside from that, and a few little grievances along the way, Hastings has been pretty awesome. I mean, with the prices, you can't always expect pristine condition (especially on the DVDs that are ~$1.40 after 30% off) but for the most part, they are my go to place on the net for media.

76561198003985248.png

#2262 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

Good to see people are having positive experiences this time around. But be warned, you will have a bad purchase experience at some point, and it will test your desire to be a Hastings customer. But hopefully people get much more good out of these deals than bad.

its really hard to have a "bad" purchase when their return/refund process is really easy and fast. Sure you might not get what you want, but you're never out your money for it....

#2263 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I have only been ordering from GH for 3 months, but this last order was a real test for me after 3 disappointing used products (2 usable, 1 that was so scratched the player couldn't read it) but I got my 3 items this morning from the latest sale and JOY, the good continues to outweigh the bad. Two graphic novels in NM condition and Oblivion GOTY in VG condition with both discs, manual and even the map included.

I try to remind myself that although it's disappointing, there's really a low threshold on the amount of 'butt-hurt' I can feel over a scratched DVD that shipped to me for $3. (Although I really do wish they would check the discs and resurface the ones that look like they were dragged on asphalt before shipping). So far their customer service has been really helpful though.

Thanks for introducing me to GH at the end of January via maintaining this thread Kodave.

#2264 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

My relationship with GH started off on a bad foot, but the customer service won me over and have had nothing but good experiences since.

My first order consisted of promo purchases of used Halo 3:ODST and Halo: Reach late last year. ODST arrived missing one of the discs, and Reach wouldn't install. Called CS, fearing the worst. Instead, was given full refunds for both titles, as well as prepaid shipping labels to send them back. CS rep couldn't do an exchange, but provided a code that locked-in the promo price so I could re-purchase at my convenience. Waited until a cheap shipping promo and then re-bought. About as good as it gets in my book.

I once ordered a copy of Metal Gear Ac!d that the UMD looked like somebody tried smuggling it into the U.S. up their ass...

#2265 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Im definitely a proponent of gohastings, I've purchased probably over 300 items from them in the past several years and I'd say 95% of items come through like new or new, and those that dont I've been refunded promptly for. But today is the first time I recieved .... a bootleg. I was really surprised, because even sets that are normally bootlegged like dexter and doctor who I have recieved legitimate copies of. I was floored. I wonder what CS will say today when I call them? To be fair, it is very well done, and if my neighbor didnt have a copy for me to compare it to, I might have accepted it.

#2266 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Im definitely a proponent of gohastings, I've purchased probably over 300 items from them in the past several years and I'd say 95% of items come through like new or new, and those that dont I've been refunded promptly for. But today is the first time I recieved .... a bootleg. I was really surprised, because even sets that are normally bootlegged like dexter and doctor who I have recieved legitimate copies of. I was floored. I wonder what CS will say today when I call them? To be fair, it is very well done, and if my neighbor didnt have a copy for me to compare it to, I might have accepted it.

Most of the bootlegs I've come across are clear bootleg, meaning printed on CD-R/DVD-R. If you needed to compare it to another copy to tell are you sure it's not a just a different version?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2267 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

yes, i am sure its definitely not a different version. I have received many bootlegs from amazon and ebay sellers that I am very trained in what to look for. I just wanted to make sure I was looking at a bootleg before I called gohastings, the only reason I compared them.

#2268 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Just described it to CS, and she completely agreed with me that it was bootleg. Gave me a refund immediately, woot! Yay gohastings CS, wins again. I have to say good prices will get me to a website at the beginning, but good CS will gain you a customer for life....

#2269 parrothead87

parrothead87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Never seen a bootleg from GoHastings. Have nothing but good things to say about them, fast and well packaged shipping, great cases and discs. Never had a problem with them, bought well over 50 items from them in the past two months or so.

#2270 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Just described it to CS, and she completely agreed with me that it was bootleg. Gave me a refund immediately, woot! Yay gohastings CS, wins again. I have to say good prices will get me to a website at the beginning, but good CS will gain you a customer for life....

I'm not questioning you, I'm just curious, was this a foreign bootleg? Or what made it different?

#2271 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

The one thing I've learned recently with a dexter season 5 debacle (where I received 2 different bootleg copies that looked pretty realistic but the first one had some artwork flaws and the 2nd one had the same discs as the first one did), is that tv shows, or discs in general printed in the US will never have the name of the show on the inside ring on the underside. There should be a long series of numbers and a barcode looking thing. Anything that reads "Dexter Season 5 - Disc 1" or something like that while it seems like it would be legitimate is not. Also, another thing to check is to make sure the discs are dual layered, because almost all tv shows nowadays are, especially if the disc contains special features. Some of the artwork will look spot on, but sometimes I can also tell if the UPC doesnt scan correctly (I have a UPC scanner I use to catelog my very large collection). That wasnt the case in this instance, but I've had that happen before. The first thing I check is that the UPC matches amazon listings (if its a dvd or blu-ray movie, then this might not work since rental versions arent listed in amazon all that often). After that, I check the discs for coloring (also not the case in this one), then I check the inside ring I was talking about to make sure it looks like its supposed to (string of numbers and letters with a barcode looking thing) - this was off on my copy, and lastly I check that the discs are dual layered and if not, I look them up online to make sure they arent supposed to be.

#2272 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

So I got enchanted arms the other day, paid $5.55 shipped. I noticed my card was charged twice, but figured it was pending so after everything was finalized it would only be charged once.

Today I go on my statement and find out that both charges were removed, wtf? Did I just get a game for free?

#2273 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

So I got enchanted arms the other day, paid $5.55 shipped. I noticed my card was charged twice, but figured it was pending so after everything was finalized it would only be charged once.

Today I go on my statement and find out that both charges were removed, wtf? Did I just get a game for free?

No, I have seen this happen tons of times. The charges get removed from pending, and then the next day they show up as complete, so just wait another day or so and it should show up again

#2274 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Got the last of my PV item today, and I will say I will never order PV from Hastings ever again. Majority of the used stuff were just fine. I feel this whole experience has taught me to never trust a PV title again, which is a good thing. Hope it's going to be a good sale for tonight. My wallet is itching for some USED titles. ;P

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#2275 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

wish i lived near a Hastings B&M...they're getting portal guns :(
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#2276 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Is there another 30% off sale coming?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#2277 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

You're telling me. My very first purchase from them. Just quoting from my post in the AWD thread

Well i took a chance and was looking for a psp to play a couple of my UMD's and PSN psp collection till a major Vita price drop or revision. I took a chance on a very good PSP 3000 listing from gohastings. I will give them, the screen looks good, no scratches there. Problems are, came with no box, manuals, wrappings, nada. The ac adapter was wrapped around itself, not even a tie knot and it was stuffed in a generic white box with only a single piece of brown paper crumpled up. No bubble wrap, no nothing. The original face plate was removed and replaced with a lame tribal tattoo looking custom faceplate with a skull on it and the left shoulder button is stuck. Finally, its not even a psp 3000, its a PSP fat 1000.

So yea, I won't be purchasing from them again.

#2278 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Just return the psp.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#2279 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Just return the psp.

Well yea of course.

#2280 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

Well yea of course.

Technically everything on amazon is required to come with original box and everything unless it is listed as Acceptable.

Also, sounds like a horrible experience. That said, with so many stores and so many employees entering items into the system, it's inevitable some knuckleheads here and there are going to flub things.