Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Thurs. Only - Beyond: Two Souls - PS3 - Used - $22.27 shipped

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9041 replies to this topic

#6841 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Prices went up across the board on everything it seems. A lot of DVDs and games on my wish list jumped up a few bucks. I noticed a few non-graphic novel books on my wishlist which were sort of at their bottom price of $3.49 have now jumped up to $5.37. That's a pretty huge price increase. I hope this isn't a permanent thing. It's also strange they'd choose to do this on the day they offer a sale where more people are likely to notice such a dramatic increase. They could have done this on Saturday/Sunday night and it would have been less obvious.

#6842 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Got a HC book in a ripped poly bag today. Looks like the store closest to BOZEMAN, MT didn't get the memo. Luckily the book wasn't damaged aside from corner dulling and the stress of going through USPS machines basically unprotected. It was still in very good shape. It's just annoying because I'm pretty confident the book could have been in even nicer, near mint shape had they just sprung for the bubble mailer. Ridiculous.

#6843 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'll be the contrarian this time and say that the CDs I ordered during the sale didn't noticeably go up in price. Maybe I should've bought more while I had the chance.

I've also never had a polybag come in. Guess I should consider myself extremely lucky (except for the fact that my Walking Dead Compendiums never made it out of the black hole in that Idaho USPS).

#6844 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

First post updated

#6845 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Sweet a code that works on comic books. I picked up Hush volume 2, Batman R.I.P and Final Crisis for $16.
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#6846 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

nice deal picked up
Shadows of the Damned
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Crysis 2
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
for $44 shipped
Posted Image

#6847 reynold4490

reynold4490

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Ordered 1 copy of Dead Space 3 for PS3

You guys can save 26 cents by using this other book as filler (instead of the one kodave posted in the OP): http://www.gohasting...u/286488985.uts

#6848 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

DS-3 fail? why is it so cheap on its third week?

archer+kenny+loggins.gif

#6849 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

Ordered 1 copy of Dead Space 3 for PS3

You guys can save 26 cents by using this other book as filler (instead of the one kodave posted in the OP): http://www.gohasting...u/286488985.uts

That's showing up as free now, knocking you out of qualifying for $10 off.

First post updated - 25% off used books, movies, and CDs with free shipping. Excludes graphic novels and video games. $5 Off $25 and $10 Off $40 appears to be good still, as the email last night indicated it would be running all week.

#6850 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

Great, got my fill of CDs for a while thanks to this promo. I'm proud of myself for holding back on buying anything else for the time being; can't spend what little I have left after school on nothing but books and music, even if most of them wouldn't cost me more than $4 or $5 each. It adds up over time, and my backlog is unimaginable.

I'm sure most of you can relate, though. Bet some of yours are much, much worse than mine.

#6851 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Looks like Hastings killed the Dead Space 3 deal after their debacle of pricing it $39.99 instead of letting the code change the price.

Far Cry 3 is now $39.99 with the code SKORPION.

#6852 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

meh current deal isnt good for my books since it makes them the same price they were a week ago before price increased

#6853 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

meh current deal isnt good for my books since it makes them the same price they were a week ago before price increased

:lol: Don't you just hate Hastings sometimes? Same thing happened to me. And as if graphic novels aren't eligible now...blah. Maybe they'll drop their prices for the next good deal. Another 5/$25 new would be nice.

#6854 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

I really hope this 'excludes graphic novels' thing isn't a permanent thing.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6855 Snowglare

Snowglare

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Yeah. Wish I'd ordered a few trades when I had the chance.

#6856 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

There's 30% off used books right now that includes graphic novels. It's in the first post. 25% Off with Free Shipping is a better deal than 30% Off Plus Shipping if the book is under $19.20.

You're only paying probably $0.50 to $0.75 more on a one graphic novel book order using 30% off compared with a theoretical 25% Off with Free Shipping that included graphic novels.

And of course you can spread out that $0.96 shipping cost when you order multiple books.

While graphic novels being excluded is incredibly lame, in this particular scenario, graphic novels being excluded from this one day promotion isn't really a huge deal unless you're buying just one graphic novel and that extra $0.50 to $0.75 is a deal breaker on what you want to pay.

It doesn't really help that Hastings raised prices across the board in most instances though in terms of trying to get a good deal. If its nothing that's a hot mover or something you're not going to read immediately, you're probably better off saving up your money and waiting out a 5 For $25, 7 For $21 or even a 40% off sale.

#6857 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Thanks for the 30% code. Where did it come from? I normally try to wait till there's a 40% but I'm wondering if this is the last code that will even work on graphic novels...

Incidentally, before I noticed the 30% code, I found that a few manga are categorized under fiction or juvenile fiction, not graphic novels, so they aren't excluded from the other code.

#6858 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for the 30% code. Where did it come from? I normally try to wait till there's a 40% but I'm wondering if this is the last code that will even work on graphic novels...

Incidentally, before I noticed the 30% code, I found that a few manga are categorized under fiction or juvenile fiction, not graphic novels, so they aren't excluded from the other code.

It came from their books section. It's been up since Sunday. And not all graphic novels are excluded from the promotions that say "Graphic Novels Excluded." If you look at the "Comics and Graphic Novels" subsection, there's usually around 700 qualifying titles, but I imagine its stuff that doesn't sell and it also seems to have quite a bit of manga in there too.

Hastings isn't going to give up having sales on graphic novels, they're just going to be more selective about it since I'd wager people show a tendency to buy graphic novels without a code, and graphic novels are a top seller for them.

#6859 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

I ended up biting on a handful of CDs with today's deal. Figured I'd give it a try on a few cheap CDs. With the 25% off and free shipping, I got 4 CDs for about $5 shipped. Not bad. Hopefully they'll be in decent shape with booklets.

#6860 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

The games page is showing the Dead Space 3: LE for $39.99 after code EVANGELIZER, but the code isn't working at the moment.

So either Hastings intends to bring that deal back sometime tomorrow, or the image promo is incorrect and should still be the Far Cry 3 one.

#6861 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

The Dead Space 3 EVANGELIZER code is working again. I know Dead Space 3 is the Amazon DOTD at $39.99, but if Amazon charges tax in your state and Hastings doesn't, that $2.28 shipping fee might be less than the sales tax on Amazon.

#6862 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Does anyone got shipping confirmation of Dead space 3 that you ordered on Sunday?

#6863 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I didn't get any confirmation and i ordered sunday morning. at about 8 am

i might just cancel and go with amazon, my payment is still pending with gohastings

smh gohastings, first world problem i know :P

#6864 RUN-DvdMC

RUN-DvdMC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

I got shipping notification on DS3 today!

#6865 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

I got shipping notification on DS3 today!

Got mine aswell. Hopefully it comes in soon so I can trade in my launch copy and a few other games at GS while the 50% TIV is going on.

#6866 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

My order shipped :D I wish it had tracking but I can't complain about $2.28 shipping.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#6867 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

It does have tracking. Check your shipping e-mail. If it's a string of just numbers, it was shipped via USPS. If it's letters and numbers, UPS.

#6868 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Sometimes the Hastings system glitches and doesn't include the tracking number in the email. If the game was the only item in the order, the tracking number should be available in your order history on the website.

#6869 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Sometimes the Hastings system glitches and doesn't include the tracking number in the email. If the game was the only item in the order, the tracking number should be available in your order history on the website.

ive never gotten tracking to show up in order history

#6870 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

My order of dead space shipped yesterday and got my dead space 3 today.