Ah, that makes more sense.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5162 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Pretty mad. Got my copy of what I thought was the TPB of Final Crisis, and they sent me the paper back. It was even listed as the TPB. I emailed them about it, waiting for a response...

What's a hard cover of a Trade PaperBack?

Edit: nvm as well.

#5163 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, it's supposed to be the collection, not a long written book. This isn't the comics, but a novelization.

Edit: Just re-read my post, and I didn't say it was the novelization, sorry.

Are you sure you purchased the correct item?

If you wanted the comic book, you should have ordered this: http://www.gohasting...u/281316481.uts
If that's what you ordered and they sent you the novelization, then someone just screwed up.

But if you ordered anything from here: http://www.gohasting...u/282359422.uts - you're getting the novelization. The UK-A format doesn't say novelization in the item description, but it is published by Penguin and not DC Comics which should be a red flag. The UK-B format says its a novelization in the description.

I don't know why Hastings lists these types of novelizations in the Graphic Novels category, other than hoping people browsing graphic novels are interested in novelizations too. They should be under a different category of Fiction books.

#5164 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Are you sure you purchased the correct item?

If you wanted the comic book, you should have ordered this: http://www.gohasting...u/281316481.uts
If that's what you ordered and they sent you the novelization, then someone just screwed up.

But if you ordered anything from here: http://www.gohasting...u/282359422.uts - you're getting the novelization. The UK-A format doesn't say novelization in the item description, but it is published by Penguin and not DC Comics which should be a red flag. The UK-B format says its a novelization in the description.

I don't know why Hastings lists these types of novelizations in the Graphic Novels category, other than hoping people browsing graphic novels are interested in novelizations too. They should be under a different category of Fiction books.

It was indeed a screw up.

It is something that bothers me about goHastings(among other things), and that's mostly why I only order books from them. I just hope it's not a huge hassel, or they'll send me the one that I ordered instead...

#5165 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Is there anyway to filter out manga when browsing the comics section? Nothing against it, but I don't read it and it ends up being like 75% of what shows up.

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 09 October 2012 - 08:23 PM.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#5166 Bleeble

Bleeble

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Just received my order of:

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

All items were immaculate (no scratches and all manuals included) I could not be more pleased with GoHastings.

#5167 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Is there anyway to filter out mange when browsing the comics section? Nothing against it, but I don't read it and it ends up being like 75% of what shows up.

I think there's a topical cream for mange.

#5168 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

I think there's a topical cream for mange.

lol... fox world problems....

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#5169 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

lol... fox world problems....

To answer your question, I have no idea how to filter out manga, but given the pitiful sorting options of goHastings, I doubt you could find a viable solution. I really like everything about Hastings except the sorting options on their site.

#5170 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

It was indeed a screw up.

It is something that bothers me about goHastings(among other things), and that's mostly why I only order books from them. I just hope it's not a huge hassel, or they'll send me the one that I ordered instead...

I think returning something to Hastings has been a minor inconvenience at best for the majority of people - there seems to be a trend in this thread of people wondering if its going to be a "hassle" and I don't know where that is coming from. They're not going to send you what you ordered. You'll return it, they'll refund you, and you can try again next time there's a sale or whatever. It's not perfect but that's the GoHastings way and should be expected should you decide to order from them.

Is there anyway to filter out manga when browsing the comics section? Nothing against it, but I don't read it and it ends up being like 75% of what shows up.

I would pay extra for this service. I think they group them into the "General" subcategory. If you sort by price, most manga seems to be in the $1.99 range. Of course Hastings makes it impossible to jump ahead to a certain page, but you can kind of skip every other page until you're into a manga-free price range. They should at least make a Manga subcategory so then you can browse by category and skip over that one.

#5171 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I think returning something to Hastings has been a minor inconvenience at best for the majority of people - there seems to be a trend in this thread of people wondering if its going to be a "hassle" and I don't know where that is coming from. They're not going to send you what you ordered. You'll return it, they'll refund you, and you can try again next time there's a sale or whatever. It's not perfect but that's the GoHastings way and should be expected should you decide to order from them.

That's fair. I work for an online company, and I see the stuff my CS does for customers, so it was a hope that they might do it. I really didn't think it would be a problem like a lot of these people(I guess everyone is paranoid on this site... maybe because most of us are trying to get the best deal and some go about it unscrupulously). Just figured if I could vent somewhere it would be here haha.

#5172 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

I received 2 out of the 9 games that I ordered.

Final Fantasy 13 included the manual, and the disc had not so visible scratches, it has some three small scatches only. Not bad (: The only problem was that the box itself and the paper have like two holes in it :cry: Other than that it is in good condition and the game seems to work without problems.

Pic (Click to enlarge):
Posted Image

My Red Dead Redemption was in a worst condition! The box is from a NFL game... it has weird holes in it, it did not include the manual and poster, and the paper is torn :/ but at least the game is in good condition with very few scratches on it.

Pics (Click to enlarge them):
Posted Image

weird hole made with a cigarette?...
Posted Image

More cosmetic damage
Posted Image

Torn paper (not so visible in the pic)
Posted Image

I don't mind too much about RDR because I got it for $1 (+.98 shipping) during the B2G1 for $1 sale.

By the way the games shipped Sunday and they arrived today! That was very fast.

I hope to get my other games soon. So what do you think of the condition of my first two games bought from goHastings? It could be better? It could be worse?

Thanks for reading :bouncy:

http://postimage.org/image/3y7umd6qz/

#5173 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

I hope to get my other games soon. So what do you think of the condition of my first two games bought from goHastings? It could be better? It could be worse?

Thanks for reading :bouncy:

http://postimage.org/image/3y7umd6qz/

Well, for the missing manual/poster I might be tempted to do a return, but it being the $1 game I would make sure they give me a credit or set it up so I can do a rebuy at the same price.

The tears in the plastic are annoying but not a dealbreaker for me. The Final Fantasy would have been passable for me. But different strokes for different folks. To some people any tear in a game paper is enough to have them do a return. If it bothers you or you like your games pristine just contact CS and see how they can help you out.

#5174 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Well, for the missing manual/poster I might be tempted to do a return, but it being the $1 game I would make sure they give me a credit or set it up so I can do a rebuy at the same price.

The tears in the plastic are annoying but not a dealbreaker for me. The Final Fantasy would have been passable for me. But different strokes for different folks. To some people any tear in a game paper is enough to have them do a return. If it bothers you or you like your games pristine just contact CS and see how they can help you out.

I'd love to get games with no plastic or boxart tearing! but my luck is so bad that if rebuy the games, I will receive other ones in worse condition... :/ I will wait until all 9 of them arrive before calling though. I hope that they don't give a refund without letting me buy the games for such cheap price again... oh well ;/

I will post pics when more games arrive! Thanks for the answer cheapy fox (:

#5175 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

Got a book today with a few tears on the dust jacket. Annoying but not so bad I'll return it. Better than a book I ordered off Amazon Marketplace that ended up being an ex-library book though it wasn't described as such. (Description of book is spoilered since it doesn't have to do with Hastings:)
Spoiler

#5176 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

I'd love to get games with no plastic or boxart tearing! but my luck is so bad that if rebuy the games, I will receive other ones in worse condition... :/ I will wait until all 9 of them arrive before calling though. I hope that they don't give a refund without letting me buy the games for such cheap price again... oh well ;/

I will post pics when more games arrive! Thanks for the answer cheapy fox (:

Worse case scenario is they tell you to return it for a refund... and if you would rather keep it for $1 then you dont return it... case closed.

#5177 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Got a book today with a few tears on the dust jacket. Annoying but not so bad I'll return it. Better than a book I ordered off Amazon Marketplace that ended up being an ex-library book though it wasn't described as such. (Description of book is spoilered since it doesn't have to do with Hastings:)

Spoiler

I would file an A-Z claim personally on it and demand they pay return shipping. One thing I don't stand for is not disclosing either promo copies or ex library copies.

#5178 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

I would file an A-Z claim personally on it and demand they pay return shipping. One thing I don't stand for is not disclosing either promo copies or ex library copies.

Eh, it was labelled "Good" which by Amazon's definition means "May include 'From the library of' labels." A lot of sellers (and resellers) are courteous enough to say when a book is ex-library. This professional reseller was not. But it's not required by Amazon's rules to say it's ex-library. I have no doubt I could have filed an A-Z claim and won (just because Amazon is so customer friendly) even though I don't think someone in my position should win in this particular circumstance. I had already resigned myself to having to keep the book, so I went ahead and cleaned it up. To return it now would actually be doing the seller a favor since it's arguably in better condition than it was before. It was a gamble and it failed, so lesson learned. I was just too tempted by the low price (for this particular book).

Promo copies are another story, especially if they're specially marked as such in some way. Unless the buyer knows its a promo copy, people shouldn't be sending those out.

#5179 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thank you for the answers guys, I will try to call them when I receive all of my games. I am sure those will arrive in similar conditions. I hate torn paper and torn plastic, What do people who trade in those games do with them?... ugh unbelievable :/

By the way, the Red Dead Redemption disc was loosed inside the case, maybe that is why it has some few scratches in it? Well I just wanted to let you know because I am sure that I am not the only one who has received a loosed disc.
And just about 1,000 likes for goHastings to get 250k likes on facebook! (:

#5180 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thank you for the answers guys, I will try to call them when I receive all of my games. I am sure those will arrive in similar conditions. I hate torn paper and torn plastic, What do people who trade in those games do with them?... ugh unbelievable :/

By the way, the Red Dead Redemption disc was loosed inside the case, maybe that is why it has some few scratches in it? Well I just wanted to let you know because I am sure that I am not the only one who has received a loosed disc.
And just about 1,000 likes for goHastings to get 250k likes on facebook! (:

I personally wouldn't worry about scratches on PS3 games, from what I understand, you really have to gouge a disc for a bluray to not read at all. I've never had a problem with scratches or anything like that.

#5181 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I personally wouldn't worry about scratches on PS3 games, from what I understand, you really have to gouge a disc for a bluray to not read at all. I've never had a problem with scratches or anything like that.

Thanks for your opinion, I personally don't mind about scratches either as long as they are not all over the disc and then the console is not able to read it, but the bad thing here is the torn paper cover from the two games that I received as well as torn plastic. It is incredible how some people trade in games in such conditions! more incredible yet how companies buy them like that! But as I said, if my other 7 games boxart cover boxes arrive like that too, in very bad condition and torn, I will have to contact goHastings support for the first time ):

#5182 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Ive had blus with the tiniest of scratches skip or freeze. Its generally pretty hard to scratch a blu though so its not something you see often.

#5183 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Well, for the missing manual/poster I might be tempted to do a return, but it being the $1 game I would make sure they give me a credit or set it up so I can do a rebuy at the same price....

Their description of used states that you might not get a manual/poster and I wish they enforced it more. About a 1/3 of my games from GH have no manuals and I don't mind because that is what might happen when you buy used. Sometimes I don't understand people that want to pay for cheap used games and complain that they are not whole. All these unnecessary returns makes them eat their profits and we all lose at the end when prices go up or the company shuts down because people abuse the system w/ no real legal stand. If you want whole just buy new.

USED/Previously Viewed Product
We 100% GUARANTEE the full functionality of all used and previously viewed product. Due to the nature of used and previously viewed products; booklet inserts, digital content and manuals are not guaranteed in any used or previously viewed product. Select downloadable and online content/features may require an additional purchase.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#5184 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Their description of used states that you might not get a manual/poster and I wish they enforced it more. About a 1/3 of my games from GH have no manuals and I don't mind because that is what might happen when you buy used. Sometimes I don't understand people that want to pay for cheap used games and complain that they are not whole. All these unnecessary returns makes them eat their profits and we all lose at the end when prices go up or the company shuts down because people abuse the system w/ no real legal stand. If you want whole just buy new.

USED/Previously Viewed Product
We 100% GUARANTEE the full functionality of all used and previously viewed product. Due to the nature of used and previously viewed products; booklet inserts, digital content and manuals are not guaranteed in any used or previously viewed product. Select downloadable and online content/features may require an additional purchase.

Does it say something about getting games with torn box art paper and/or plastic? Just wondering, I don't want to read their used games policy :/

#5185 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Does it say something about getting games with torn box art paper and/or plastic? Just wondering, I don't want to read their used games policy :/

My 2nd paragraph is all they say. I believe you should get a proper working case not a broken one unless it's USPS fault, when I bought Bioshock 2 it came in a blue BR case lol (didn't return it). Your problem is understandable and case condition is not part of the '100% hastings guarantee' AFAIK so in theory you can ask for a return/refund if the case is broken since you have 'broken functionality' I guess. Their faqs are easy to find and internet browsers have a search/find in page function ;)

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#5186 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Here's my only thing about GH, they list everything on Amazon as Very Good. Anything above Acceptable on Amazon needs to come with EVERYTHING - Case manual poster, etc.

So sometimes if it is at the right price and I want it as a collectible I will order from GH through Amazon and then they need to send complete item or I have a right to a return/refund.

So if they didn't do that, I would have less of a problem with it, but since they do I think they need to make sure their items meet the Amazon requirements.

#5187 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

still waiting on my refund and officially just emptied my cart and wishlist and deleted the site bookmark i had

#5188 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Got one used book today. Had a stray green pen mark across the top of the pages, which is slightly annoying but not return worthy. The book also had a shitty glue job from the factory, but that's not Hastings' fault. Arrived in a bubble mailer which survived the shipping process.

#5189 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

A couple of rare things came back in stock today, so I just couldn't risk waiting another day or two for the sale since they'd probably be oos by morning.

Curse you slow Facebook likers!
Posted Image

#5190 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

300 likes away. A bunch of my wl came back in stock too, but I can hold out til later since i cant seem to get the right combo of things to total around $40