gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
8950 replies to this topic

#6511 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I have no idea. It's not in stock so it doesn't particularly matter. The price would likely change if they received more stock.

it's not in stock because i bought the last copy and couldn't pass on that price even w no deal

#6512 creator

creator

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Loving the 40% off sales! I've been picking up quite a few cds that came in stock at the right time!

#6513 gibbyva

gibbyva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Nice, picked up a good mix of Blu-Rays for myself and the kids. $56.xx

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Ultimate Matrix Collection
The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Toy Story 3

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6514 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Picked up the following for $27

Simspons Season 14 (DVD)
Sucker Punch
Pineapple Express
Scott Pilgrim (All Blu Ray)

I had borderlands 2 in my cart cause they finally got it restocked I was SUPER (Franky's voice) happy thinking that the promo was gonna work with three movies and that one game and then I saw video games weren't included in the 40% off. FML big time.

#6515 rockykai

rockykai

They don't make them like they used to

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

A quick question:

I am looking at buying a puzzle book (the pen-and-paper Battleship kind) on this sale. It is stated as "Used - Perfect" condition and all which is good, but would I get the book without the puzzles solved?

Thanks to everyone who helps out!

#6516 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

a few rarer items restocked today so i put in 1 final order

that makes 6 orders in 2 weeks after a very slow september october and november

#6517 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

A quick question:

I am looking at buying a puzzle book (the pen-and-paper Battleship kind) on this sale. It is stated as "Used - Perfect" condition and all which is good, but would I get the book without the puzzles solved?

I personally have no idea. You'd probably be better off calling them and asking directly.

#6518 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

this is a new one for me

am i allowed to complain that a package was too big

as today i got a 146 book box that the mailman stupidly put against my door(lucky no fire or i'd be dead) think im gonna need to call the chiropractor after carrying that up a flight of stairs

#6519 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Getting really annoyed because every time I try to add a 4th item to my cart, it removes the item that I added before it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6520 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

this is a new one for me

am i allowed to complain that a package was too big

as today i got a 146 book box that the mailman stupidly put against my door(lucky no fire or i'd be dead) think im gonna need to call the chiropractor after carrying that up a flight of stairs

....146 books? In one order? Shipped in one box?

#6521 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

A quick question:

I believe "Perfect" actually refers to the format, a type of paperback (see http://askville.amaz...questId=1582828). Hastings doesn't list the condition of items. However, they state this in their FAQ: "We 100% GUARANTEE the full functionality of all used and previously viewed product." I definitely think a puzzle book with some of the puzzles done is no longer fully functional, and apparently Hastings is good about giving refunds. I think it's reasonable to expect that the book won't be written in, even if it's called "used". I've gotten multiple unused crossword books at thrift stores and such, so it isn't unusual.

Getting really annoyed because every time I try to add a 4th item to my cart, it removes the item that I added before it.

This has happened to me too. What happens to me all the time is that when you add an item to your cart off your wish list, it auto-removes it from your wish list, but it takes a few seconds, so if you're impatient and do something else in the meantime, it'll remove something else off your wish list instead. Ugh.

#6522 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

....146 books? In one order? Shipped in one box?

multiple orders over the weekend in one box varying from super small anime paperbacks to large hardcover novels

def the craziest thing i've ever seen but man if i get my hands on that mailman his employment w the usps is over

#6523 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Make sure you aren't judging this by the pop-up cart display info. If you are talking about the pop-up cart that shows up when you add an item, be sure you are reading the amount of items in your cart at the top-left and not judging by the pictures of the items as they are visible to you in that pop-up. Another way to verify the actual amount of items in your cart is to make sure you go to the full View Cart page.

#6524 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Make sure you aren't judging this by the pop-up cart display info. If you are talking about the pop-up cart that shows up when you add an item, be sure you are reading the amount of items in your cart at the top-left and not judging by the pictures of the items as they are visible to you in that pop-up. Another way to verify the actual amount of items in your cart is to make sure you go to the full View Cart page.

I always view the full cart. I tend to have a tab open with the cart at all times so I can verify pricing and all that.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6525 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Anyone have any idea of the delay between items they have listed on eBay showing as in-stock on their site? Some items I'm interested in only at 40% off went up on ebay in the wee hours of the am, still out of stock at the main site.

#6526 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

multiple orders over the weekend in one box varying from super small anime paperbacks to large hardcover novels

def the craziest thing i've ever seen but man if i get my hands on that mailman his employment w the usps is over

I'm still confused. So multiple packages put by USPS in one bin/box and left at your door? Or are you saying 146 books from multiple orders shipped from one location in one box? Or did Hastings somehow route your orders from multiple locations and put them all in one box?

And what did your mail carrier do wrong?

#6527 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

if anything he deserves a freaking tip, 146 books, geeze

#6528 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

Seriously, that's insane. My mail carrier gets upset when I order 10 at a time and has me pick them up at the post office.

Also, I just got an email for a 30% off all t-shirts promo right now. Code is THORIN.

#6529 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Grr. Why is the first Walking Dead hardcover set always the only one that works with promo codes? I'm never going to get them all for a decent price at this rate.

The whole $29.99 or less thing is a lie, too, because there's plenty of qualifying books that go well beyond that price.

#6530 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm still confused. So multiple packages put by USPS in one bin/box and left at your door? Or are you saying 146 books from multiple orders shipped from one location in one box? Or did Hastings somehow route your orders from multiple locations and put them all in one box?

And what did your mail carrier do wrong?

multiple orders same location 1 box mailman placed it directly against my door essentially blocking my front door to the point i had to go out back and around and move the box from my door in order to be able to open my front door

#6531 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

multiple orders same location 1 box mailman placed it directly against my door essentially blocking my front door to the point i had to go out back and around and move the box from my door in order to be able to open my front door

How does that even work? Don't all residential front doors open in? How would blocking your door be possible with one box? Something just doesn't sound right.

#6532 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

How does that even work? Don't all residential front doors open in? How would blocking your door be possible with one box? Something just doesn't sound right.

Yeah, a front door that doesn't open in sounds like it would be against the building code.

#6533 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

What a time to return to the thread. Haven't been keeping up during the holidays (too much traveling so I don't order anything to be delivered).

A giant box almost killing a CAG! I thought USPS had a 70 pound limit on parcels, must have been small books because 146 regular books would definitely not fit in one box.

#6534 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, a front door that doesn't open in sounds like it would be against the building code.

i live upstairs my upstairs door opens in and my downstairs door to porch opens out

#6535 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

What a time to return to the thread. Haven't been keeping up during the holidays (too much traveling so I don't order anything to be delivered).

A giant box almost killing a CAG! I thought USPS had a 70 pound limit on parcels, must have been small books because 146 regular books would definitely not fit in one box.

it wasnt that heavy maybe 50 pounds but it was positioned in a way where strength was not a factor

#6536 Gycot

Gycot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Just had a package go from "en route" to "Dead Mail / Sent to Mail Recovery Center". With the bajillions of packages ordered from Hastings, I'm surprised it took this long for a shipment to go sideways.
Gy's game "All the Bad Parts" is available now on Xbox Live!
http://marketplace.x...15-d80258550946

#6537 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

rayman came in average case condition average manual condition and perfect disc so nice deal even w no deal available

#6538 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just fyi for everybody, but the BOMBUR code is active again for today only.

Facebook Flash Sale! Celebrate January 10th with us – just because! Save 40% Off on Used Books, CDs, or Movies when you buy 4 or more w/code: BOMBUR. Valid for 10 Hours Only (ends 10pm CST) Today Jan 10th! Click to shop qualifying titles:http://$$$$$$/gHCY6

Posted Image

#6539 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Just fyi for everybody, but the BOMBUR code is active again for today only.

Thanks for the update. I wish it worked for used games :cry:

#6540 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Is GH ever going to stop using these fucking poly mailers? I ordered the last new copy of Tale of Two Towns on the DS and it arrived fucked up. This game is hard as hell to find on the DS, and now there's a damaged copy (shrinkwrap ripped, case/insert damaged) sitting on my shelf because of their shitty fucking poly mailers.

Fucking Fuck!

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║