• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

Finally thought of a game I wanted (Metro 2033), but its all sold out :(

#2222 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

My last order is Splinter Cell Conviction for 360 - $7.xx shipped.

#2223 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Updated the first post. Doesn't appear to be anything good this week, but you can check and decide for yourself.

#2224 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Have they ever done more than 33% off?

#2225 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

On used games? Not sure off the top of my head. May have hit 40% around Black Friday, but no higher than that. 33% could be the highest.

Use Books and DVDs have hit 40% though. New books even hit 30% once.

33% might be the highest for Blu-rays.

#2226 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

I remember them doing a 40% off used games (might have been dvd's too) for something like 12-24 hours. I remember their site getting crippled for the first few hours after it went live and by the time I was finally able to get in they had been completely wiped out of anything remotely good.

#2227 gohastings

gohastings

GoHastings.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

I also don't understand why DVDs are cheaper to ship than games when they're basically the same weight.

There is a big difference. DVD's qualify for Media Mail rates from USPS. Video Games must be sent First Class. So the same size Video Game is more expensive to ship than a DVD, Music or Book.

#2228 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

There is a big difference. DVD's qualify for Media Mail rates from USPS. Video Games must be sent First Class. So the same size Video Game is more expensive to ship than a DVD, Music or Book.

And this makes complete sense. Forgot that video games don't qualify for media mail. Thanks for clearing that up.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2229 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

Got two games I ordered from Friday night. One was "used" like I would expect, the other (LA Noire vanilla) was "abused" and it looks like the artwork was dipped into coffee, put back in the case and then laid out in the sun to dry. Pretty unappealing.

But there was an unused DLC code though.

#2230 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

I have 5 holds on my bank account for $42.95. I bought a couple books for a total of $32.71. Has anyone had this happen? I'm quite pissed.

I sent them an email. Hopefully it will be resolved.
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#2231 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

I have 5 holds on my bank account for $42.95. I bought a couple books for a total of $32.71. Has anyone had this happen? I'm quite pissed.

I sent them an email. Hopefully it will be resolved.

Ive never had 5, but i have had charges that didnt match, and also duplicate charges. Since they are holds I would not worry about it, I have never had them go through on mine.

#2232 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Ive never had 5, but i have had charges that didnt match, and also duplicate charges. Since they are holds I would not worry about it, I have never had them go through on mine.

I just don't understand why there are 4 holds. I was charged the $32 for the order and then 5 holds for $10 more than the order total. It says the holds expire today, so hopefully later they will be gone.
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#2233 Apollyon89

Apollyon89

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

I had a similar thing happen this weekend, first time it's ever happened. I had two holds placed on my account. I e-mailed them and they confirmed that the holds would drop, and sure enough, the extra hold dropped this morning.

#2234 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

So I just received a couple packages, and one of them included a previously used DVD.

I've ordered previously used games before and have had no problems whatsoever, so I figure I should be fine ordering a DVD.

This is what I ended up with,

Spoiler

If anyone doesn't know what's wrong with the picture, the set originally comes in a cardboard slipcover box with two slim cases on the inside that holds each disc. What I received was parts of the box that's been ripped apart, cut, and butchered into 2 pieces, along with the 2 discs, and this is how it arrived in the package.

I have other previously viewed DVDs I'm waiting to arrive that I am immensely worried about, and the second part of this collection is also previously used.

I really enjoyed not having to call Hastings customer service to fix things, but looks like I'll be making quite a few calls again this week.

Had I known previously used DVD sets like this were going to get cut into pieces and then sent to me like this, I would've just ordered the used. Normally previously used are better than used, but in this case, it is quite the opposite.

This hasn't ruined my overall experience since I've have had more good experiences than bad with Hastings, but this is definitely not helping their cause.

Seriously though, who cuts a box up into two pieces of cardboard, puts a couple discs in them, and then ships it this way?
Posted Image

#2235 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Does Hastings not respond to their emails when it comes to returns or something?

I hate calling them because it's hard to explain that a collectors edition item needs certain things in order to be consider a "collectors edition".

Does Hastings get different rates or something, because you're a business? I've compared the media mail vs first class option back before the USPS specifically restricted games for media mail and first class was actually cheaper than media mail up to 7 or 8 ozs (can't remember the exact amount). Even now, for a 1 oz package, media mail is actually more than first class. But again, these are based off of the USPS site calculations.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#2236 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Does Hastings not respond to their emails when it comes to returns or something?

I hate calling them because it's hard to explain that a collectors edition item needs certain things in order to be consider a collectors edition.

It's normally easier just to call them because their online customer service isn't as quick and vigilante and helping you out.

Usually I just call them up directly, especially for something like collector's edition problems, since it's actually part of their policy that used/PV items are not guaranteed to come with everything, even though it's a collectors edition, since that's just how the UPC lists the collector's game.

Might be hard to argue for that, but calling will probably better if you want any chance of it getting resolved.

Does Hastings get different rates or something, because you're a business? I've compared the media mail vs first class option back before the USPS specifically restricted games for media mail and first class was actually cheaper than media mail up to 7 or 8 ozs (can't remember the exact amount). Even now, for a 1 oz package, media mail is actually more than first class. But again, these are based off of the USPS site calculations.

Most of my DVDs are actually shipped First Class Mail, unless they are bundled up with a bunch of DVDs, then they are sent media mail. In this scenario, it is definitely cheaper sending through media mail rather than first class mail since it can't be used over 13oz. I think that's what the rep might be referring to.
Posted Image

#2237 gohastings

gohastings

GoHastings.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

I hate calling them because it's hard to explain that a collectors edition item needs certain things in order to be consider a "collectors edition".

We do get discounts but you are correct that there is a break point that first class can become cheaper than media mail. A comparison is made at the time we are shipping the cheapest method is used. But we spend a lot more money shipping video games than we do on the other media products. Personally, I don't understand why the USPS views them differently - all video games are either DVD or Blu-Ray.

We are always evaluating our shipping prices and costs and trying to find the best way to present a good value while also making a profit.

#2238 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

I shipped something via media mail before and it took forever to get to the person so I only stick to first class now. Anyway, I ordered :ps3: Asura's Wrath and Devil May Cry HD Collection before I left for vacation and both came Mint & Complete.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#2239 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

The unfortunate thing about previously viewed is that it is not a gaurentee that it comes with any artwork at all. Im not sure in what world previously viewed is better than used though, previously viewed is usually former rental products and generally rental products are much more abused than dvds that are in a single persons possession. I've rarely had a problem ordering used products from gohastings, and the majority of the problems were either obviously USPS's fault or could have potentially been. I've never gotten anything used that didnt look pristine except when its possible it got smashed in shipping (which you can generally tell because the pieces are in the envelope too). Sometimes a few slight cracks in the discs which could have happened in shipping or are easy to overlook if you are just scanning the sets quickly for damage.

#2240 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

The unfortunate thing about previously viewed is that it is not a gaurentee that it comes with any artwork at all. Im not sure in what world previously viewed is better than used though, previously viewed is usually former rental products and generally rental products are much more abused than dvds that are in a single persons possession. I've rarely had a problem ordering used products from gohastings, and the majority of the problems were either obviously USPS's fault or could have potentially been. I've never gotten anything used that didnt look pristine except when its possible it got smashed in shipping (which you can generally tell because the pieces are in the envelope too). Sometimes a few slight cracks in the discs which could have happened in shipping or are easy to overlook if you are just scanning the sets quickly for damage.

Actually I've been ordering from Hastings for years, and previously used games in Hastings world has actually been better for me than purchasing previously used from BBV or somewhere, so in Hastings world, it definitely exist this way. Not to mention others have had the same experience as well ordering previously used games that way. I just dread to see the stark contrast between PV games and PV DVDs.

Also, their fine print on the coniditons on previously used/used only specify no extras will be included. I have actually had contact in the past with Hasting customer service over the phone that have told me they do guarantee the box and artwork, but what they do NOT guarantee is any of the extras, because taking in things used and also renting things out previously used, usually the extras are tossed or the dlc has been used. But most this is just beyond unacceptable because if you read what I wrote in my post, I got 2 pieces of cardboard, and 2 discs in the package, as shown in the picture.

As I've said before, I've ordered a lot from Hastings, and usually they are pretty good, but this time it is just a complete disappointment, and even if this is how they are treating their previously used, they really shouldn't be and not an excuse on their part.
Posted Image

#2241 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

well squarehead, you obviously got a different CS rep than I did, because I was told very specifically that for PV movies, the only gaurentee is that the disc is there and works. I've definitely gotten stuff without artwork before. I order tons of used and PV items from gohastings and the used is always better, I guess that is just a different world in game land.

#2242 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

well squarehead, you obviously got a different CS rep than I did, because I was told very specifically that for PV movies, the only gaurentee is that the disc is there and works. I've definitely gotten stuff without artwork before. I order tons of used and PV items from gohastings and the used is always better, I guess that is just a different world in game land.

I've actually gotten this from a few different CS reps, so which is why I have made this consensus on their policy. But it's also very inconsistent which CS rep you actually get, since not all reps have told me the same thing, although I have gotten this response from several reps, so I just take the word of the ones that told me they do. And because I have been told of this expectation, I expect something more than just two pieces of cardboard and two discs, would you agree?
Posted Image

#2243 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

"Previously Viewed/Previously Played (PV/PP) - are movies/games that were rented in our retail locations. These movies/games have been reconditioned. This product will not include additional discs, digital content, inserts or other inclusions typically associated with new product."Doesnt say anything about guarantee on the box and artwork, which is why I think there might be confusion between different CS reps, and if theres confusion among the CS reps, then theres probably confusion between site managers and employees who are doing the packing and shipping.

#2244 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, it really is unclear as far as original box and what not. The fine print has always been like that, so leaves the door way open for a ton of confusion, but I think I am just going to avoid previously viewed DVDs altogether now, since I know the kind of quality I will be receiving from now on.
Posted Image

#2245 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

yea, i only ever buy PV if its significantly less than used (like $5 or more or something). In one case it was a PV tv set that was $4 vs the used price of $25, so I didnt really care getting disc only on that :-)

#2246 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

They were only like a few dollars cheaper, so I definitely feel I lost out on these. Oh well, next time used only.
Posted Image

#2247 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

I hope they have another 30% off sale soon.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#2248 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

im not sure i can afford another 30% off sale, but it did seem like they have had a lot of really good deals this year so far so I hope it keeps up

#2249 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

same with me, i can't afford another 30% off sale either. But so far gohastings has been really good this year with their deals. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

#2250 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

I probably wouldn't buy a previously viewed set of anything. For tv shows they rent each disc separately so they separate it. Probably why they butchered the box to give each rentable disk an insert.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782