Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Wed. Only: Kirby Mass Attack - Nintendo DS - Used - $9.78 shipped

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9035 replies to this topic

#5131 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Read the post...

The post doesn't give any specifics of what the deal is gonna be. How did you get to 40%off?

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#5132 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

The 40% off you mean? Well I'm confused cause it is the first time that I have bought in this site, so I don't know if that would be every thing 40% or just used stuff, etc. I hope someone can clear the 250k likes stuff.

Cheers!

I'm just guessing we'll get a 40% off sale. If you would've read his post entirely, it said that at 250K likes, we'll get a special sale. Nobody knows anymore details than that.

And new stuff never gets discounted. The only sale we get on new stuff is something like the current free shipping on clearance sale. Otherwise, all used all the time.

The post doesn't give any specifics of what the deal is gonna be. How did you get to 40%off?

I said I was 'guessing'. Jesus.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5133 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

someone mentioned it as a possibility

#5134 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

someone mentioned it as a possibility

Glad you understood.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5135 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

Oh ok thank you. I hope it is a cool promotion, I will like them tomorrow or later tonight.

#5136 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

Whatever the sale will be I already have $800 worth of stuff in my cart ready to go.

Now to see what will still be there when the sale actually starts. ~_~
Posted Image

#5137 spiderman4657

spiderman4657

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

Whatever the sale will be I already have $800 worth of stuff in my cart ready to go.

Now to see what will still be there when the sale actually starts. ~_~

How did you even manage to put that much? everything is pretty much oos

#5138 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

How did you even manage to put that much? everything is pretty much oos

That's a lot of money, and yes a lot of stuff is OOS. Maybe he is buying new stuff mainly?
But still, Why choose goHastings to spend so much money when you can buy new stuff at sites like Amazon where warranty is nicer? In my opinion of course.

#5139 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

That's a lot of money, and yes a lot of stuff is OOS. Maybe he is buying new stuff mainly?
But still, Why choose goHastings to spend so much money when you can buy new stuff at sites like Amazon where warranty is nicer? In my opinion of course.

He said he's preparing for the sale and Hastings never discounts new stuff, so I'm positive he has a cart full of used anime.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5140 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

He said he's preparing for the sale and Hastings never discounts new stuff, so I'm positive he has a cart full of used anime.

Oh ok got it. I believe goHastings is a good site to buy anime. I don't buy anime though, but I know it is kind of hard to find cheap anime stuff at stores or online. Let's hope it is a good promotion, I already liked the facebook page! (:

#5141 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Who needs a warranty on used movies or videogames?

With Hastings, if something doesn't work, you contact CS and return the product on their dime (they email you a prepaid label).

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#5142 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5143 spiderman4657

spiderman4657

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Posted Image

I'm dying to know is it anime?

#5144 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

Quite easy as to why:

Used stuff is either the same price or cheaper on Gohastings vs. Amazon, shipping is cheaper, and if you add a 40% discount with free shipping on Gohastings you are practically paying half price :)

And GH refund/return policy is almost just as good as Amazon.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5145 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

Quite easy as to why:

Used stuff is either the same price or cheaper on Gohastings vs. Amazon, shipping is cheaper, and if you add a 40% discount with free shipping on Gohastings you are practically paying half price :)

And GH refund/return policy is almost just as good as Amazon.

True. Many games like Bulletstorm cost about $7 with shipping. On Amazon I saw it used once for $11, plus shipping if you are not a prime member, plus taxes. I was amazed when I knew that goHasting does not charge taxes in this state (CA). Good for one side, but the other side tells me that I would love much more to have a goHastings store near my house instead of a Gamestop ):

Does anyone know if more stores are being stablished in the US? or just the ones available right now are the ones that there will always be?

Also I want to know what that guy is spending $800 on, please tell us we don't want to guess ):

#5146 spiderman4657

spiderman4657

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

Lol, it might be possible that they can establish more stores. Most of their stores are to the East but why would you want to have them here in Cali, I love not paying that additional sales tax, thats why i don't purchase from amazon anymore.

#5147 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Lol, it might be possible that they can establish more stores. Most of their stores are to the East but why would you want to have them here in Cali, I love not paying that additional sales tax, thats why i don't purchase from amazon anymore.

They are based in the midwest, but they do have some stores in Washington and near CA, just not in CA. In Texas they had plenty of stores, but I never heard of them opening any new ones during the time I was there. All the stores were near, but not in, cities. Kind of funny.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5148 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

So I can go inside the store and have stuff instantly :3 but you are right paying tax is not so good some times, specially if I want to save some money. And Squarehead please tell us what you will buy mostly with those $800! If it is p0rn then just dont say it (joking).

By the way just 1,093 likes for goHastings to get 250k likes! Go like them on facebook!!! (:

#5149 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

So I can go inside the store and have stuff instantly :3 but you are right paying tax is not so good some times, specially if I want to save some money. And Squarehead please tell us what you will buy mostly with those $800! If it is p0rn then just dont say it (joking).

By the way just 1,093 likes for goHastings to get 250k likes! Go like them on facebook!!! (:

no dont do that i need to wait till i have money before they do that after stupidly dropping 40 bucks for

gears 3
mass effect 1 platinum hits
enslaved
scott pilgrim 1
soul of the fire(sword of truth series)
hikaru no go vol 19

#5150 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

I don't think anyone can say they never have sales on new stuff, when the current promotion (5 off 25, 10 off 40) clearly covers that. And a week or 2 ago they had 25% off all Dr Who stuff in trands.
I think it is pretty safe to say we have no idea what the promotion is going to be.

#5151 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

There's a reason I keep a log of the past deals:

Hastings' Facebook Page Got 200,000 Likes One Day Sale
Online: 40% off used books, CDs and DVDs (including Previously Viewed DVDs); 30% off used video games and Blu-rays (including Previously Viewed Blu-rays)

Use Code:
GOHASTINGS!
In Store: $5 off your purchase of $20 or more (excludes giftcards)

Coupon:

Valid: Wednesday 2/22/12 Only

So, that's a possibility.

Or it could be totally different.

There's absolutely no way to tell until it's announced.

40% off is good and whatnot, but we're also just several weeks away from Black Friday, which will probably bring more 40% sales if not 50% off used CDs/DVDs/Books and possibly 30% Off New Books, if last year is any indication. I know stock fluctuates all the time on used items, but my point is, there will be good sales not far off, regardless of what Hastings puts out until then.

#5152 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Let's say that the promotion is a 30% or 40% off when buying used stuff; if that happens, Do you guys think shipping will be free? Just an opinion obviously (:

#5153 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

1080 likes still needed, at this rate we will have the sale on black friday anyway ;-)

#5154 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

1080 likes still needed, at this rate we will have the sale on black friday anyway ;-)

Yep. Let's save some $ by then :3

#5155 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

I don't think anyone can say they never have sales on new stuff, when the current promotion (5 off 25, 10 off 40) clearly covers that. And a week or 2 ago they had 25% off all Dr Who stuff in trands.
I think it is pretty safe to say we have no idea what the promotion is going to be.

What I meant is that they never, or I guess rarely ever would be a better term to use, is directly discount new items. Other than the occasional free shipping, they'll do things like the 5 off 25 where they'll discount your entire purchase, but I don't think we'll ever see something like 30% off new games/movies/books/etc.

The only reason I'm assuming it's 40% is because they hold sales like 30% off pretty regularly, so something like that wouldn't be all that special. 40% is rare, so it'd be a nice appreciation gift.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5156 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

What I meant is that they never, or I guess rarely ever would be a better term to use, is directly discount new items. Other than the occasional free shipping, they'll do things like the 5 off 25 where they'll discount your entire purchase, but I don't think we'll ever see something like 30% off new games/movies/books/etc.

The only reason I'm assuming it's 40% is because they hold sales like 30% off pretty regularly, so something like that wouldn't be all that special. 40% is rare, so it'd be a nice appreciation gift.

The best they usually do is one CD/DVD/etc. for 9.99 or stuff like that. On the new stuff in store they usually have the better deals. I used to like going in when they had coupons for any CD for 9.99 or DVD for x amount. For used stuff though the website blows the stores out of the water. Store pricing is always the same high prices when online is a fraction of it.

#5157 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Pretty mad. Got my copy of what I thought was the TPB of Final Crisis, and they sent me the paper back. It was even listed as the TPB. I emailed them about it, waiting for a response...

#5158 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Pretty mad. Got my copy of what I thought was the TPB of Final Crisis, and they sent me the paper back. It was even listed as the TPB. I emailed them about it, waiting for a response...

Uh... do you know what TPB stands for?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5159 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Uh... do you know what TPB stands for?

Yeah, it's supposed to be the collection, not a long written book. This isn't the comics, but a novelization.

Edit: Just re-read my post, and I didn't say it was the novelization, sorry.

#5160 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Edit: Nevermind, saw the other edit.