Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Wed. Only: Kirby Mass Attack - Nintendo DS - Used - $9.78 shipped

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9035 replies to this topic

#5191 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

so i take it gohastings is a safe bet for shopping on new items? anybody ever have problems with shipping?

you guys think some of the new used games would be worth a gamble?

#5192 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

working on 14 days waiting on my refund and ive had it out with billy mays twice since then

#5193 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Here's my only thing about GH, they list everything on Amazon as Very Good. Anything above Acceptable on Amazon needs to come with EVERYTHING - Case manual poster, etc.

So sometimes if it is at the right price and I want it as a collectible I will order from GH through Amazon and then they need to send complete item or I have a right to a return/refund.

So if they didn't do that, I would have less of a problem with it, but since they do I think they need to make sure their items meet the Amazon requirements.

if the prices are any means to go by, their amazon stock is their previously viewed items. Makes it even funnier.
Oh well, got a amazing spidey ps3 and dragons dogma, both in excellent condition yesterday. Still waiting on 3 refunds from last week.

#5194 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

price isnt really any means to go by, I dont think they list their PV stock on amazon based on my experience because I almost always check amazon before purchasing from the gohastings site. Sometimes the prices are widely off (like $14 on amazon and $35 on gohastings or vice versa) and sometimes they are spot on. I *have* checked amazon to verify if they have the same listing as a special edition version I want, and have often found discrepancies between the website and amazon, so if I am looking for a SE and that happens I dont buy it from them.

#5195 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

3 more games 2 more polybags 1 more return like seriously did they phase out polybags by using them all on me or something

you know its bad when the game and case are seperated by 3 other items in 1 polybag

although if i can toothpaste this small gaping hole in the disc (1.7 percent chance of it being a non required portion of data) ill have a free copy of enslaved

Edited by cjenvy, 11 October 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#5196 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

price isnt really any means to go by, I dont think they list their PV stock on amazon based on my experience because I almost always check amazon before purchasing from the gohastings site. Sometimes the prices are widely off (like $14 on amazon and $35 on gohastings or vice versa) and sometimes they are spot on. I *have* checked amazon to verify if they have the same listing as a special edition version I want, and have often found discrepancies between the website and amazon, so if I am looking for a SE and that happens I dont buy it from them.

It's definitely not PV because all the stuff I order from GH thru amazon are CDs which can't be PV.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#5197 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

if the prices are any means to go by, their amazon stock is their previously viewed items. Makes it even funnier.
Oh well, got a amazing spidey ps3 and dragons dogma, both in excellent condition yesterday.

It's definitely not PV because all the stuff I order from GH thru amazon are CDs which can't be PV.

It can be both.

I use their Amazon store sometimes as a listing guide. Some items on Hastings where they only have the previously viewed item still shows up on their Hastings store listed just like everything else. Sometimes if the item is in stock Used and Previously Viewed, Hastings will have two separate listings for that item.

Sometimes you can check which one it is by using the site to see which one is the one in stock, and sometimes you can't if there are two listings (but the price difference may also be a marker too sometimes).

It definitely can be PV, but not always guaranteed it won't be, and vice versa with Used.
Posted Image

#5198 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Ive had blus with the tiniest of scratches skip or freeze. Its generally pretty hard to scratch a blu though so its not something you see often.

That's awful then, I've never had that happen with any of the used games/blus I've bought before. I guess if it's scratched on a blu though it must be pretty deep to be noticed.

Everyone else upset about their books, besides the one mess up I had this time, I haven't really had an issue yet with scribbles and such. I got both my hardcovers this week(Seige and one of the newer X-Men crossovers) and they were damn near perfect. Seige, the outter sleeve is a little worn, but I'm not too concerned about it. Last time I got a bad glue job they shouldn't have taken, but the book was like 2 bucks. I didn't realize this place was THAT hit or miss.

#5199 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Anyone ever return something and GH doesn't receive it? It's been over three weeks since I returned some movies and I spoke to the CSR today and they said they haven't received. Am I out of luck if they don't get it?

#5200 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

Anyone ever return something and GH doesn't receive it? It's been over three weeks since I returned some movies and I spoke to the CSR today and they said they haven't received. Am I out of luck if they don't get it?

You might be SoL. Hastings return sometimes is incredibly slow though, but since you called them to check if the package has been received or not it could actually be a problem during shipping, and hopefully the package isn't lost. There may also be a possibility the package has been received and nobody has checked it in yet, or misplaced it when they received it, and you may just have to keep pestering them to double check on the return. But if they don't receive it there is a big chance you are SoL because their return labels don't usually have a tracking number affiliated with it I don't believe since the return labels are generic by nature.
Posted Image

#5201 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

What was the return method? Media mail? It could take that long. People were bitching on Facebook this week about returns. They don't get mail on Sundays obviously, I have no idea if they process returns on Saturday, and this past Monday was a federal holiday. I'd probably give it a handful more of days. Just press the issue with them and they'll probably make a "one time exception" or something and issue you the refund anyway.

#5202 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

What was the return method? Media mail? It could take that long. People were bitching on Facebook this week about returns. They don't get mail on Sundays obviously, I have no idea if they process returns on Saturday, and this past Monday was a federal holiday. I'd probably give it a handful more of days. Just press the issue with them and they'll probably make a "one time exception" or something and issue you the refund anyway.

You might be SoL. Hastings return sometimes is incredibly slow though, but since you called them to check if the package has been received or not it could actually be a problem during shipping, and hopefully the package isn't lost. There may also be a possibility the package has been received and nobody has checked it in yet, or misplaced it when they received it, and you may just have to keep pestering them to double check on the return. But if they don't receive it there is a big chance you are SoL because their return labels don't usually have a tracking number affiliated with it I don't believe since the return labels are generic by nature.

Thanks for both your feedback. I guess I'll check every few days. I wouldn't care as much but I sent back over $50 in movies and I would hate to be out that money and it's not my fault.

#5203 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Thanks for both your feedback. I guess I'll check every few days. I wouldn't care as much but I sent back over $50 in movies and I would hate to be out that money and it's not my fault.

Its happened to me twice out of the three times ive mailed back to them. Both times they refunded my money "as a one time courtesy". One was about $20 and the other was about $10 though

#5204 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

Its happened to me twice out of the three times ive mailed back to them. Both times they refunded my money "as a one time courtesy". One was about $20 and the other was about $10 though

Well hopefully the mail is just slow as it was media mail and I'm in California.

#5205 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

Now to wait for the code.
Posted Image

#5206 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Now to wait for the code.

WE DID IT!!! We hit 250,000 fans! Thank you all for liking our page! We will be having a 1 day online celebration sale tomorrow and we will also post a special 1 day in-store coupon tomorrow! Check back in the morning for sale & coupon details and for info on how to enter our gift card sweepstakes! Thanks for being so great!

#5207 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

I know Hastings is going to hate me for this, but I got the scoop.

Code: 250K

25% Off + Free Shipping

Kind of a meh deal, but oh well.

Still a few things I need to pick up anyways.

Enjoy everybody!
Posted Image

#5208 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

25% Off + Free Shipping

Enjoy everybody!

Everything or the usual "used items"?

#5209 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

25% Off + Free Shipping

Enjoy everybody!

I'll update the first post.

Maybe people who see this could be cool and not post it on their Facebook page early? Keep it with us totally awesome CAGs overnight?

#5210 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

I'll update the first post.

Maybe people who see this could be cool and not post it on their Facebook page early? Keep it with us totally awesome CAGs overnight?

I totally wanted to make sure CAGs got the first crack at the code. ^__^

Everything or the usual "used items"?

I actually don't have that much details on it, so I apologize. I was basically just trying codes out all afternoon, and finally hit the correct one, and then waited on it until the day rolled over. But I went ahead and did the calculates on the percentage off and then saw no shipping cost, so that's how it all worked out.

I really, really, really didn't want to wake up super early since I'm on the west coast and then have the stuff I wanted out of stock, so I made sure I got the edge on everybody, lol. Hopefully it paid off. :P

It seems to be on "Qualifying Titles Only" though because I had to take out a bunch of stuff in my cart the code didn't work on.
Posted Image

#5211 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

I totally wanted to make sure CAGs got the first crack at the code. ^__^

I actually don't have that much details on it, so I apologize. I was basically just trying codes out all afternoon, and finally hit the correct one, and then waited on it until the day rolled over. But I went ahead and did the calculates on the percentage off and then saw no shipping cost, so that's how it all worked out.

I really, really, really didn't want to wake up super early since I'm on the west coast and then have the stuff I wanted out of stock, so I made sure I got the edge on everybody, lol. Hopefully it paid off. :P

It seems to be on "Qualifying Titles Only" though because I had to take out a bunch of stuff in my cart the code didn't work on.

Thanks.

Yep. A ton of stuff I've added to my cart don't qualify.

#5212 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

And it looks like whoever Eric Campbell is, he posted it on Facebook already.

Bastard...
Posted Image

#5213 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

And it looks like whoever Eric Campbell is, he posted it on Facebook already.

Bastard...

That's what you get when you advertise the sale in the topic of this thread. If it was just kept in the comments, this likely would not have happened.

#5214 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

this makes dragon's dogma $29. I am having trouble pulling the trigger, I can just feel a price drop soon... but I bid a couple times on ebay up to $30 shipped and kept getting outbid, wtf is going on with this game?
Posted Image

#5215 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Picked up Darksiders 2 for $26.74. Seemed like a decent price after missing out on the TRU sale a couple weeks back.

#5216 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

25% Off + Free Shipping

Enjoy everybody!

Thanks for posting the code here for your fellow CAGs. :applause:

Got in on some really really cheap 360 games which should make some nice goozex flips. Still looking around for other potential deals, but yeah thanks again for posting the code.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#5217 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

Picked up gears 3 for around 7 bucks.

#5218 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

That's what you get when you advertise the sale in the topic of this thread. If it was just kept in the comments, this likely would not have happened.

And then if I don't wake up at the ass crack of dawn to update the first post including the title, some person creates a new thread for the sale causing confusion for people that don't know how Hastings works (because that new thread won't contain any info to answer anyone's questions).

This Eric guy would have seen the deal whether he saw the thread title or clicked through to the last page, because obviously he was browsing CAG and I'm going to guess the odds are he was going to peep the Hastings thread no matter what. The cat was out of the bag as soon as it was posted. A lot of people who bother to make posts on CAG somewhat care about the community more than the thousands of average lurkers and unregistered posters who are constantly browsing this forum. It was a hopeful wish people might keep it contained on CAG a bit longer so CAGs can try to get first dibs, but it wasn't meant to be.

Obviously Eric didn't really care about any of that, and life goes on.

#5219 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

I was about to place an order and at the last second, decided to go look at a few more games and when I went back, the price in my cart had dropped from $37.xx to $33.xx. Yeah.
Posted Image

#5220 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

thanks, grabbed Max Payne 3 for $14 shipped. Saw black ops for $13 and MW3 for $16, but decided to pass