Photo
* * * * - 15 votes

GoHastings Deals Thread - Wed. Only: Kirby Mass Attack - Nintendo DS - Used - $9.78 shipped

gohastings hastings

• Please log in to reply
9035 replies to this topic

#6301 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Why? Are the games you want under $7.60?

I never said games lol. There are quite a few 1.99 books and dvds that I would like to get when the free shipping hits.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6302 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

I never said games lol. There are quite a few 1.99 books and dvds that I would like to get when the free shipping hits.

Ah. Well, that's like $0.36 cents a DVD, so that might be worth it if they don't go up in price or out of stock. Depending on how many books you buy in one order, the $0.96 shipping vs. free shipping might only be a difference of pennies per book. But I'd wager if they're sitting there at $1.99 they probably won't move very fast unless they're manga.

#6303 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

A used copy of Absolute Green Lantern Rebirth is in stock. Not bad if you're picking up a couple of other used items.

#6304 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Last day for 30% Off 3 Or More Used... Guess not many people are partaking for video games or anything else?

Also, updated OP for some book deals. Looks like a number of video game guides qualify for the Buy 2 Get 1 on paperbacks.

#6305 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Last day for 30% Off 3 Or More Used... Guess not many people are partaking for video games or anything else?

Also, updated OP for some book deals.

I'm waiting for 100% off with Free Shipping. Until then, no deal. :)

Actually, there have been so many deals the last few weeks that Hastings isn't as exciting/appealing as it usually is.

#6306 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

I would love to take advantage of this deal but most of my wishlist is OOS.
Xecutioner
CML

#6307 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Also, updated OP for some book deals. Looks like a number of video game guides qualify for the Buy 2 Get 1 on paperbacks.

Wouldn't 30% off three books be about the same or even a slightly better deal?

#6308 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Too many other good deals going on. My cash has dwindled down to nothing, but recharges Thursday so I guess we'll see what Hastings has going on towards the weekend.

#6309 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Wouldn't 30% off three books be about the same or even a slightly better deal?

Not really. Buy 2 Get 3rd Free is roughly 33.3% off if they're all the same price to maximize discount.

But at any rate, 30% off 3 is for used, B2G1 is for new, so they're not directly comparable.

Also, here is the 2 day sale for this Friday and Saturday:
Posted Image
Buy 2 Get 3rd 50% Off On Used Video Games, Books, CDs and Movies

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe mathematically that's always a lesser deal when compared with the current sale of 3 for 30% off when it comes to used video games, assuming all video games are the same price. So I guess if you want any used games and they're in stock now, order today because the 2 day sale won't be very good and I doubt next week's deals will be any better.

Edited by kodave, 11 December 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#6310 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

I've placed 3 orders for 9 total gn that were on my wish list and one of them shipped from the only Hastings in my state, only the second time that this has happened.

#6311 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

First post updated

#6312 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Got a couple of books in today, both in bubble mailers, both arrived fine. Though one was a $5 copy of the Bone in One Volume (from 5 for $25) in which the cover was creased and folded and the previous owner spilled coffee or soda, staining the bottom of it. Annoying, but not worth making a big deal over for $5.

#6313 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Added a couple of DVD/Blu-ray deals to the first post.

#6314 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Updated the first post with stuff from last night's email. Hastings is doing a terrible job promoting stuff using the GRISWOLD code.

#6315 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

B2G1 50% off is live in case anyone feels like saving less money than earlier this week.

#6316 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

I got 2x UP 3D Blu-rays and 1x The Dark Knight Rises: Bat Cowl Limited Edition Blu-ray for $70.09 shipped /$23.36 each.

#6317 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

First, I gotta say thanks to kodave for keeping the thread updated. I've bought about 10-12 guides and 7-8 blu-rays over the past month, but I haven't had any out of the ordinary experiences to report - almost all of them shipped in bubble mailers and there was no damage to any of them. However, yesterday I got my "used" Disney Universe CE (Hardcover guide) and it was sealed in plastic. Does gohastings ever reseal items? I have gotten new things as "used" before - the Bioshock 2 CE :360: had the inside box sealed, but I guess they sold it as used because the slipcover was in terrible shape.

Workin on it

#6318 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

First, I gotta say thanks to kodave for keeping the thread updated. I've bought about 10-12 guides and 7-8 blu-rays over the past month, but I haven't had any out of the ordinary experiences to report - almost all of them shipped in bubble mailers and there was no damage to any of them. However, yesterday I got my "used" Disney Universe CE (Hardcover guide) and it was sealed in plastic. Does gohastings ever reseal items? I have gotten new things as "used" before - the Bioshock 2 CE :360: had the inside box sealed, but I guess they sold it as used because the slipcover was in terrible shape.

People have reported getting legitimately new items when they've ordered used, but I have received used items that have been resealed before. I've only had this happen for CDs, but I know for sure that they were resealed since they were missing the security sticker and one of the tracks just straight up wouldn't play. I've also received used items that were resealed that had GoHasting's "used" image on the plastic, but that would be quite obvious.

#6319 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

People have reported getting legitimately new items when they've ordered used, but I have received used items that have been resealed before. I've only had this happen for CDs, but I know for sure that they were resealed since they were missing the security sticker and one of the tracks just straight up wouldn't play. I've also received used items that were resealed that had GoHasting's "used" image on the plastic, but that would be quite obvious.

They have really good resealing machines in stores. Usually, my experience is they use a special plastic with green "USED" and squares on it to seal the used stuff so it's pretty obvious what it is.

It's not often, but I do get new CDs sent to me when I purchased used. Sometimes there can be visible flaws (like one had water damage even though it was sealed and new) but other times it is just brand new sold as used.

In fact, I've gotten some double sealed. Sealed with the USED plastic wrap and then factory sealed once I opened that up.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6320 hamokmonky

hamokmonky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

I have also gotten legitimately sealed items (mostly DVDs/blus because thats what I typically buy) from hastings, but Ive also gotten some obviously resealed items (sorry, but a sealed item with scratches and finger prints, I think not). Most of the sealed items Ive gotten from them were legitimately sealed items though. Not sure why they occasionally reseal, maybe they have problems with people stealing discs out of cases in the stores. I know my pawn shop does, and they keep all expensive box sets and bluray discs behind the counter in a big folder and you have to bring the case to them... obviously thats a small example and hastings is too big for that concept.

#6321 An J0e

An J0e

Satirical Statement

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

I've ordered about 30 used cd's now. The only time I received something sealed was when I ordered a used CD for my sister and they instead sent me the wrong CD (new) by the same artist. I just chalked it up as a loss and gave it to my mother.

#6322 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

I've received some graphic novels that were sealed but listed as used. I don't believe they were re-sealed since they were the types of books that often ended up sold to retailers at a discount and I assume Hastings thought they could unload them faster as "used." Plus Hastings isn't really in the business of re-sealing their used books.

#6323 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Late night insomnia ftw:

5 for $25 used books with next to no meaningful exclusions that I could spot. Use code NUTCRACKER. I just ordered some ridiculous finds, assuming they ship.

It seems like there are many other great finds from the pages I browsed. Part of me is kicking myself because I bought a lot of these books on various sales for what were good prices, but 5 for $25 is just ridiculously low.

No idea how long NUTCRACKER will last though. Might only be a day if they're resetting with all new promotions for Sunday.

#6324 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Late night insomnia ftw:

5 for $25 used books with next to no meaningful exclusions that I could spot. Use code NUTCRACKER. I just ordered some ridiculous finds, assuming they ship.

It seems like there are many other great finds from the pages I browsed. Part of me is kicking myself because I bought a lot of these books on various sales for what were good prices, but 5 for $25 is just ridiculously low.

No idea how long NUTCRACKER will last though. Might only be a day if they're resetting with all new promotions for Sunday.

Thx kodave, for feeding one of my addictions.

#6325 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

There doesn't seem to be anything worthy of the 5 for $25 even in stock. I'm getting real sick and tired of clicking on things only to see that they're OOS.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6326 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Got my Xbox 360 250GB and Kinect yesterday from their sale last week. Everything works fine and the Kinect is like new. Not bad for $182 total.

#6327 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Thx kodave, for feeding one of my addictions.

Happy to do it.

Also, if anyone is going to buy a lot of books, don't be dumb like me - the discount repeats in intervals of 5, so no need to place separate orders. Could have saved myself 96 cents. I guess not thinking clearly is a downside of late night insomnia.

#6328 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Happy to do it.

Also, if anyone is going to buy a lot of books, don't be dumb like me - the discount repeats in intervals of 5, so no need to place separate orders. Could have saved myself 96 cents. I guess not thinking clearly is a downside of late night insomnia.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to check out every five books, since some of the stuff you want might go out of stock while you're adding other things to your cart.

#6329 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Happy to do it.

When I ordered CDs last time I didn't realize until the end. lol. made like 10 separate orders.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6330 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

When I ordered CDs last time I didn't realize until the end. lol. made like 10 separate orders.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to check out every five books, since some of the stuff you want might go out of stock while you're adding other things to your cart.

Yeah. I ordered a particular 6 book series and the first 5 books were expensive. So I got those out right away then debated back and forth about what other 4 books to get with that last book from the series. I guess its possible any of those first 5 could have gone OOS while I was deciding on the other 4 books.

The reason I wish I had done all 10 on one order is because I'm like 95% certain that series is going to ship from the same store. For all 6 of these books to be in stock at the same time makes me think someone just traded in their collection to Hastings. And I think these books are a decent size so Hastings is going to have to spring for a box, I pray. If all 6 books are coming from the same store I'd hope the employee would notice my two orders and put all 6 in the same box, rather than do 5 in a box and 1 in a bubble mailer or whatever. (I have a sinking bad feeling they're going to jam at least 5 of the books in one of those giant bubble mailers and the bubble mailer and the books are going to arrived damaged.) But I don't know if their computer allows for combining shipments like that. I somehow doubt it, given how shitty their system is.