Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (PS3/360) - $29.99 shipped at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

Son of a b#tch......Newegg, yet again, gets me for another preorder. Damn you Newegg!!!!
Posted Image

#32 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

So you still lose energy in the sandbox mode...what a bummer. I wish they would just include a true exploration mode already. Disable achievements, disable level ups or whatever, just please give us a free mode without restricting conditions.

#33 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

Son of a b#tch......Newegg, yet again, gets me for another preorder. Damn you Newegg!!!!

I know, right! They've got me down for 8!

I want to stop, because I know Buy2-Get1-Free sales are coming, but with no tax and release-week delivery, I can't help myself!

#34 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

I wonder if they'll eventually release a 2 pack, with the original DR2 + this game. I may try to hold out for that.
Posted Image

#35 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

I wonder if they'll eventually release a 2 pack, with the original DR2 + this game. I may try to hold out for that.

Yeah I could see them doing that.

#36 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse - or at least a horse nobody reads - but you can play DR2 and ignore the timer. Level up, get cool combo weapons, then restart the story already buffed and go through the timed missions with less difficulty. It's damn near impossible to do both at once.
Posted Image

#37 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse - or at least a horse nobody reads - but you can play DR2 and ignore the timer. Level up, get cool combo weapons, then restart the story already buffed and go through the timed missions with less difficulty. It's damn near impossible to do both at once.

That's what I did with the second game. The first I did both at the same time, though.

#38 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

I will never understand those who fanboy for Frank West. He was cool but he was still just a standard Capcom protagonist. Chuck and Frank were practically poured from the same batter anway.

That said, from the looks of things this is going to be a rehash of DR2's ground with what looks like just a couple of extras. Unless they're offering us a better rebalancing of the bosses I really don't see myself signing up for this. Hell, the only thing that would sell it to me ARE new bosses.

#39 bromans12

bromans12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:23 PM

I wouldn't mind New Egg if they accepted PayPal for pre-orders. They do normally accept PayPal, but not when pre-ordering. Oh well.

#40 JohnDoe8865

JohnDoe8865

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:59 AM

Capcom and Newegg got me on this one. $29.99 and I never played DR2 and wanted to, so this is/was a no-brainer for me.

#41 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:05 AM

It's a shame that you can't play any of the original DR2 game on this version. Kinda conflicted, since I wanna play DR2 regardless and it's getting to my buy price, and by the time I finish it up, this'll be ~$20. However, there's no harm in a cheap pre-order, right?

A downside to this, is NewEgg doesn't provide pre-order bonuses, and guess what? They have the gall to include retailer-exclusive pre-order bonuses with this game. I miss the free costume DLC with DR1 :(
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#42 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

Thanks op, just made it. Newegg has stolen 3 of my Amazon pre-orders. Even when I contacted Amazon CS about a price match they gave me the standard "we offer the lowest possible prices...blah blah blah" so they've lost Halo Anniversary, Arkham City, and now DR2: OTR to Newegg. If Newegg offers a deal on the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition they'll get that one too!

#43 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:38 AM

Personally, I thought Chuck's story was really good. I almost worry that you miss out on that nice experience if they decide to go full fan service with Frank. I don't know what to recommend with regard to DR2 now or wait for OTR

And then it's still the same game twice.

#44 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:44 AM

[QUOTE=RollingSkull; it's still the same game twice.[/QUOTE]

Yep a milkcom specialty :)
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#45 D4b34rs

D4b34rs

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

Thanks OP. In for one!
Leeloo Dallas multipass!

Posted Image

#46 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

As much as I loved Dr2 I'm still wondering why this version of it is being made. Shouldn't blue castle games be working on a whole new game instead ?

They most likely already are working on a new game, with a small side team devoted to reusing old assets to make a new game.

#47 daemissary

daemissary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

Thanks OP, preordered this last night. I think the Dead Rising series is great and Capcom is getting way too much criticism for releasing this game. This is going to sound silly because of the influx of zombie games this generation but Dead Rising is basically its own genre in my mind because of its unique gameplay. I could play a new one every year.

#48 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

For anyone who can shop at their PX or BX on any military installation.
Remember you can always verbal price match up to 10 dollars no questions asked on video game products.

This is what I have done for titles that either had credit at other places or went on sale.

Though the biggest issue is if theyll stock the game. Since for example they never stocked NMH which I could have grabbed at 30 (rather than going through amazon)
Though I'd say them getting Dead Rising is a high chance.

Just recommending that for those not wanting to wait on shipping or If newegg charges them tax and this is a available option.

#49 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

Interesting interview with the dev for those interested.
http://www.ps3trophi...the-Record.html

He falls silent when asked about DR3. So thats pretty much a given that they are making it in my eyes. Also, he talks about the issues with this new release and the updates to it from DR2.

I also liked Chuck Green, but i never played the original, so i didnt have another game to compare it against.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png